Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

April 16, 2013
Kim So-yeon returns to IRIS franchise with another cameo
by javabeans dramabeans.com
goodbye1.jpggoodbye2.jpg

Kim So-yeon was one of the original cast members of IRIS and returned to the franchise for a cameo in Athena, so it’s no surprise to hear she’s coming back again for IRIS 2. She’ll have played the same character across all three series — Kim Sun-hwa, the North Korean spy who (Athena spoiler?) then left that life behind after the first series ended, only to have it follow her and end up killing her new husband and child.
She’s connected to IRIS 2 via Im Soo-hyang’s character, named Kim Yeon-ah, who is Sun-hwa’s younger sister. Her upcoming appearance was teased in a recent episode by a comment made by Chul-young (Sun-hwa’s former spy boss, played by Kim Seung-woo), “I believe Sun-hwa’s alive somewhere.”
It’s one way to boost interest in IRIS 2 for its finale week, that’s for sure, especially since Sun-hwa had one of the best character storylines in the original IRIS. I didn’t watch enough Athena to get to her appearance there, but the cameo was reportedly the best thing about that show. It does seem like a last-ditch effort on the show’s part, though, since ratings have been flagging in the single digits; the last episode drew an 8.2%. Perhaps worse than the numbers is the drama’s relative lack of profile or buzz; those are things you can’t really quantify, but it does seem like the show is flying under the radar.
I’d point to the show’s curious lack of plot energy as the culprit; things look very good and there’s a lot of stuff going on visually (explosions and action, as the genre requires), but by all accounts it’s very hard to care about what’s actually happening. Lots of flash but no point. (Note: I couldn’t sit through IRIS 2 at all, so these are limited impressions. Still, by contrast I found the first IRIS totally flawed and yet pretty watchable.)
IRIS 2 ends its run this week, after Episodes 19 and 20 air on Wednesday and Thursday. Next week, Lee Dong-wook’s sageuk thriller Mandate of Heaven takes over the timeslot.
Via Joy News

April 16, 2013
Kim So-yeon, special appearance in "Iris 2"
Source: StyleM via Hancinema.net
20130417_ksy.jpg

Kim So-yeon will be making a special appearance in "IRIS 2".
Kim So-yeon's appearance has been previewed before. Kim starred in "IRIS" as Kim Seon-hwa, a North agent and in "IRIS 2", her appearance had been expected as her little sister Kim Yeon-hwa (Lim Soo-hyang) had been looking for her.
Curiosity about her appearance increased even more when the especially close Cheol-yeong (Kim Seung-woo) mentioned that she will be alive somewhere.
A crew member of "IRIS 2" said, "Kim So-yeon will be the hidden card that will make everyone cry so much. She will appear in the most unexpected place".
Meanwhile, netizens say, "I am excited to see where she pops up from", "She's making an appearance", "I want to see her soon" and more.

Guest bityxu

2013.04.17 Namoo twitter update
BICKQEvCMAAzHqy.jpg:large
Sun Hwa: I'm alive

-------------

2017.04.17 someone twitter

BIC0FpGCAAALg8F.jpg:large
Iris 2 last episode cameo ♥Sun Hwa♥ The shooting end!!!!

Guest csfan

@larus @rubie: Hmm I don't know how I feel about her cameo.. I am excited that Sun Hwa is back but also scared that they will butcher her character *shrugs* I cannot wait to see her kick richard simmons again but I feel they are using the character's popularity from IRIS 1... I most likely will check out her cut from the finale..

@bityxu: Awesome pic! Thanks for the update. She looks badass there looks like she is getting into her character... I do really hope she's got another project coming up after this cameo *fingers crossed*

I'm excited for her cameo. Yeonhwa has been one of the most interesting characters in IRIS 2 and I would like to finally see Yeonhwa and Sunhwa interact in some way. Besides, Kim Soyeon was the best part in Iris 1, so I'll gladly welcome her cameo appearance in Iris 2.

csfan said:  I am excited that Sun Hwa is back but also scared that they will butcher her character *shrugs* I cannot wait to see her kick richard simmons again but I feel they are using the character's popularity from IRIS 1... I most likely will check out her cut from the finale..

Guest adorkiable

Kim So Yeon was great in that Iris 2 cameo and she was the highlight of that clip. That other actress should take some acting lesson from her, especially her crying scenes. 

Her little cameo in Iris 2 ended. It was almost what I wanted for her: some fight and an emotional scene but it was so short! I smiled at the end with them: now the two sisters are reunited and they will fight together, they are not alone anymore. There are many questions left, like why so many NK agents after Sun Hwa? It is related with her assignment before deflected in New Zealand? Park Chul -young is really dead? etc. I am glad they did not killed her character. I loved seeing her again. I wish she had a project soon. I don`t have patience.

The clip about shooting the scene was hilarious. I smiled so much that my cheeks hurt. Bang! Bang! :D
So Yeon was so cool! She will look great in an action drama/movie.

Guest bityxu

I didn't watch IR2 but I watched last ep online coz So Yeon. When it nearly ended, I thoght that's a big troll coz just saw Sun Hwa in some second when she appeared at PCY's died place....Luckily, her appearance in last 3m can ease my temper B-) Certainly, we hope to see her cameo longer than such but we can be comforted coz SY not let us disappointed with her intense action :D Moreover, we have the BTS clip to see how cool and hilarious she is ^^'' Almost people saw that clip can't forget her "Bang Bang" voice :))

Ok, hope Ms. Bang Bang will come back as soon as possible [-O<

i3YtcG4cPHzNW.png

April 18, 2013
IRIS 2 Finale Review: Kim So Yeon Makes an Appearance at the Place of Kim Seung Woo's Death
Posted by via at KoreanDrama.com
54540455.4.jpg

In the last episode of IRIS 2, Kim Sun Hwa(played by Kim So Yeon) made an appearance at the place of Park Chul Young(played by Kim Seung Woo)’s death.
As Yoo Joong Won(played by Lee Bum Soo) prepared to start off a war, he wore Chul Young’s badge on his uniform. Then she recalled the memories of killing Chul Young. After Joong Won left the scene, a woman with high heels came into the scene and checked Chul Young’s dead body.
The woman was Sun Hwa, Kim Yeon Hwa(played by Lim Soo Hyang)’s lost sister.
Source: Startoday

April 20, 2013 
"IRIS 2" End: Killer Sisters Kim So Yeon and Lim Soo Hyang Reunited
by Staff Writer  KDramaStars

iris-2-end-killer-sisters-kim-so-yeon-an

"IRIS 2" Kim So Yeon and Lim Soo Hyang are reunited at the end of the drama.
During the last episode of the KBS drama "IRIS 2", Kim Yeon Hwa (Lim Soo Hyang) is reunited with her sister Kim Sun Hwa (Kim So Yeon).
Yoo Joong Won (Lee Beom Soo) hands Kim Yeon Hwa their sister's contact information before he dies. Kim Yeon Hwa waits for her older sister on a bench at a deserted place after contacting her sister, Kim Sun Hwa to meet. The killer sisters are finally reunited when Kim Sun Hwa shows up at the location. Kim Yeon Hwa says, "Where were you? You don't know how much I tried to find you" and hugs Kim Sun Hwa. Kim Sun Hwa replies, "I'm sorry for showing up so late" and begins to cry.
However, their tearful reunification is interrupted when an unidentified group of killers attack. Kim Sun Hwa and Kim Yeon Hwa both change completely and turn into cold-hearted killers themselves.
The killer sisters drew attention until the very end with their powerful alpha-female images.
Meanwhile, Yoo Joong Won is killed by Yoon Shi Hyuk (Lee Joon) and fails his attempt to detonate the nuclear bomb.
The drama ends with a tragic ending.

Guest csfan

So quiet in this thread.. I really do hope we get to hear news about her upcoming projects...

I hope to see her back on the small screen   *fingers crossed*

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Guest csfan

@rubie: Thanks for the magazine shoots. She looks so fantastic and gorgeous here. She makes the clothes look so sexy and chic too hehee I loved the look in the photoshoot. Its like a badass professional woman, no one can mess with her :P

Please come back on the small screen, SY-sshi! Although I am glad that she taking a long deserved break (been 5 months already right?), I hope she chooses her next project soon!! :D

I love the pictures. The photoshoot was a succes. She looks like a professional woman, confident and elegant.

I miss So Yeon on small screen too. Unfortunately I don`t think we will see her this year in a new drama. I am not optimistic at all, I know. I hope I am wrong. Maybe she doesn`t have many good project to choose. Last year she had the promotion of the new movie (Gabi) and The Great Seer (I do not regret seeing her in that role, I liked her role despite the changes in the script; the proposal for Dr. Jin (thank God she refuse that role). This year?!! I know she worked hard but she wants to work. I keep an eye on the new dramas hoping there is a good role for her. Nothing yet. Maybe a drama for the end of the year or a movie. There are actresses that sign for a new drama so quickly. I am envious of their fans. :P

OK, let`s keep the faith!

Hi everyone :-*

larus OMG! my sense also same as you (think we won't see her new drama this year) but I hope I'm wrong as well [-X.  New dramas schedule was fixed till Aug - Sep and most dramas completed casting main cast. But as much as I knew some plot of those dramas. I think any role suite with Soyeon. Just some dramas which I like PD nim or writers nim such as Shark's team or The Golden Empire's team that I hope Soyeon collaborate with them. But OK!! maybe better chance coming to her this soon. If she'll come back again with good role that let she dose her excellent perform. I'm willing to wait  /:)

All For You 2013 summer released!!!

maybe a bit relieve missing to our Soyeon :x

credit :명희 이