Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Thanks lilcrash for more sharing of PP pics! The pic at HJS twitter is so adorable! hheeh So Yeon looks very exhausted, its like she's trying to keep awake! aww I hope that coffee helps her through the day!

That's such a beautiful scenery, rubie! I love the cherry blossoms, looks very pretty... haha it sounds like it was a romantic date (from the pictures) but from the recaps, it sounds very.... neutral hahaha Yep yep we'll definitely discuss PP when I marathon the episodes!! :D

Man, I am excited for May to come! I can't wait for the IRIS concert!

Ohh.. you're right.. Soyeon's practically smiling through her sleep.. her eyes were barely open. :lol: She must be taking a short nap (looking like that) and needed coffee to wake up. The girl's been working so hard, huh. There're the BTS pic at the PP thread how the other actors (playing the prosecutor chief, etc) were sleeping or resting on a bench while waiting for filming to resume. It's really round the clock work for all of them. *salutes the PP cast*

I totally agree -- it's such a beautiful, I wished there's a bigger capture of just Hyeri/Soyeon under the cherry blossoms. She looks so lovely indeed. But yeah.. the dating scene was pretty neutral, but I like how HR actually goes after what she wanted.. or thought she wanted to have. It's too bad that SJ isn't for her but she's following her heart all the way.. guess we know that already. :P

LOL.! May is such a merry, merry month.. like.. totally! :lol:

28g22221.jpg

morningnews.co.kr

This Arirang clip seems to be very recently uploaded, though not the latest content.. it's in English with English subs. Hope it's not a repost but even so, still good to share for those missing it the first time. :)

Who will be the next drama queen? [showBiz Extra]

Son Ye Jin vs Moon Geun Young vs Kim So Yeon

Watch on youtube2.jpgSTREAMING

ksy1.jpg

ppsoyeonssi.jpg

Guest Crystal392

I love her on PP!!!! She is such a good actress.

She is becoming one of my fave Korean actresses.

Thanks to all the ones who shared videos and pics!!! :D

Hi crystal_malfoy, welcome to Kim So Yeon thread - very happy to see you here! :lol:

Thanks to soonie at the PP thread for this fabulous sharing.. Soyeon-ssi had 585 replies to her sweet post at dc gall. :wub:

KSY posted on DC Gallery....4.26.2010

http://i42.tinypic.com/ezn588.jpg

안녕하세요^^* Hello

혜리입니닷^^* This is Hyeri.

정말루..매일허둥지둥..눈팅?만하구나가구햇는데..ㅋㅋ Really...I usually just "point my eyes"(skim) over this gallery and leave...keke

여기가..진검이운영한다는..그..검프갤맞나요?..ㅋㅋ^^* This place....where I hear Prosecuter Jin acts as administrator....this is that same place right?

어제두..그그전날두..글쓰다가..에러가나서..포기했었는데.. Yesterday..and the day before yesterday..I started writing..but got an error...so I gave up.

오늘은..운이좋네요^^* But today...Luck was on my side.

암튼튼...^^*참..행복합니닷^^* Anyway...I'm so...I'm so very happy

여러분들..덕분에..요즘..선...덕...선...덕...(맞나요?)ㅋㅋㅋㅋ^^* Because of all of you...these days...sun..duk...sun..duk*... (is that right?) kekekeke

^^^^^^^^*

인증은!~~~음...송현씨만남~~나두..사진한장~~^^* Authentication! um....I met Song Hyun**....me too...one picture***.

*not sure wut sun duk means. The only thing I think of is Queen Sunduk drama haha.

**duno who Song Hyun is but that is her way to authenticating the posting as from KSY

***I think she meant to post up a picture along with her entry like other people did but there was no pix =( So the one up there is from the SBS BTS pictures I found

her posting has been viewed over 17,000 times...and has received much love in the replies taht people wrote.

she sounds like the bubbly self we see in PP :)

oh, here is the link to all the postings that the actors have posted in DC Gallery since the beginning:

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=princ...page=1&bbs=

Hyeri-Yoona fun photo from PP-SBS page :lol:

hyeriyoona.jpg

Also, IRIS in Japan updates

April 30, 2010

"IRIS" starts melting Japanese viewers' hearts

Editor.Lynn Kim, Lee Ji-Hye

TV series "IRIS" starts melting Japanese viewers' hearts

TV series "IRIS", which made headlines prior to its airing for being assigned a prime time, 9 p.m. slot on TBS, has finally started conquering Japan. TBS, which had been involved with "IRIS" since its early planning stages, appears to be putting all its energy into promoting the series. The show's lead actors, Lee Byung-hun and Kim Tae-hee, visited Japan together prior to its premiere on April 21 and appeared on various variety shows on TBS over the next couple of days. The two stars made so many TV appearances that you could see them almost every time you turned on the television set. On April 20, the day before the premiere, they appeared on a popular TV show hosted by noted emcee Shimada Shinsuke and handpicked voice actors for the supporting roles in the Japanese-dubbed version of "IRIS". Four veteran Japanese celebrities competed to win the part of Captain Jung, the boss for Lee Byung-hun's character, and comedian Moody Katsuyama ended up taking the role. In addition, promotional posters of "IRIS" was plastered in every part of the city including Shinjuku, Shibuya and Omotesando and Lee's fans exchanged information thru fan websites on the whereabouts of the posters so that they could take pictures. TBS also set up a Twitter account to promote "IRIS", delivering news about the show on a real-time basis.

"IRIS" scores highest rating among all TBS shows with premiere episode

The line-up of actors who provided voice-overs for the Japanese-dubbed version of "IRIS" is quite fancy. Actor Fujiwara Tatsuya, known to Korean fans for his lead role in the film "Death Note", played the main character Hyun-joon, originally portrayed by Lee Byung-hun. Kim Tae-hee's character Seung-hee was voiced by actress Kuroki Meisa who gained popularity after appearing in dramas such as "Ninkyo Helper" and "Haikei, Chichiue-sama". Fujiwara Tatsuya has said, "I was under a strong impression that Hallyu dramas were usually melodramas that female viewers empathize with, but 'IRIS' has a story that can attract male viewers as well." He also confessed that he is "so into the drama that [he] forgets about reading the script." At the press conference held in Japan on April 18, Lee explained that the show "received a lot of love in Korea. I have very high hopes for the drama and am curious what kind of response it will receive in Japan because the culture is different and people express their emotions differently."

Thanks to such heavy promotion, "IRIS" recorded a 10.1 percent viewership rating for its special premiere episode which aired for two hours on April 21. According to an official in the Japanese TV broadcasting industry, TBS had an average viewership rating of around 5 percent during the given time slot. It is quite a strong start, considering that the figure was the highest among all the TV programs that aired on TBS that day. Riding high on the momentum, TBS re-aired the premiere episode on April 28, at 1:55 p.m., before the second episode was broadcast and is planning to run a special feature titled "IRIS Exclusive Close-up Special 2010" on May 14. A huge promotion event, featuring the main cast including Lee Byung-hun and Kim Tae-hee as well as popular idol group Big Bang, will be held in Osaka on May 26 and in Saitama Super Arena on June 1. From May 21 thru June 6, there will be an "IRIS Exhibition" held at the Roppongi Hills Tokyo City View. Rumor has it that props and wardrobe from the drama shootings will be featured in the exhibit, and cafes and bars will turn into "IRIS"-style venues. Looks like it will only be a matter of time until the famous "candy kiss scene" will capture the hearts of Japanese fans.

Reporter: Im Da-ham (Tokyo correspondent) Editor: Lynn Kim lynn2878@ , Lee Ji-Hye seven@ <ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved> 10.asiae.co.kr

the more i watch PP the more i adore KSY!

i read that she's only sleeping 1hr/day due to filming PP but she's HAPPY TIRED! I hope she'll stay healthy though! KSY really really enjoys being MHR :)

Kim Sunhwa vs Ma Hyeri: Soyeon-ssi superwoman? :wub:

carryhim.jpg

Watching episode 10 and the scene with SJ at the park with the exercise-dating (LOL!) reminded me of how KSY gets to do the "impossible".. in IRIS, Sunhwa had with all her might, quickly drag the unconscious Hyunjun during the NSS attack and in PP, she had the chance to lift SJ in the exercise they did.. these are men almost twice her weight, it's a nice change nonetheless. :lol: Of course, being piggybacked by IW is Kdrama's most romantic trademarks. :blush:

I'm enjoying how Hyeri or Soyeon, rather :P gets to do a lot of things.. totally varied scenes that surpass all her other dramas combined. With two leading actors.. she is .. ahem "blessed".. being the attention of two men of opposite personalities but nonetheless cares for Hyeri in their own ways. I think SJ was opening up to HR with the exercise thingy because it's how his late wife used to be.. he mentioned to Bin once that her mom loves to exercise, and outdoor activities.. so I think he's actually beginning to remember her in the happier times (laughing and smiling when he's with HR) as opposed to how closed and cold he had been before as if punishing himself..

7lotus, totally agree with you.. KSY is undoubtly tired and exhausted with the non-stop filming.. we hardly see her in any other events, it's all the way PP for her.. for now.. but she is truly happy & glowing and absolutely enjoying being Ma Hye Ri. For an actress so talented like her but with not so much the chance before, this is indeed her moment and she's making waves even better than expected -- so proud of this awesome woman. :wub:

Always good to see KSY's cool & sexy IRIS poster on display.. anytime.. :D

Copied these captures from innolife.net, KSY's IRIS co-star Jung Jun Ho's cafe at 9th Avenue which was one of the location sponsors for IRIS.. most noted for the last scene between Hyunjun and Sawoo in episode 20 apart from episode 2 with the Japanese terrorist.

Not sure if the IRIS posters are part of JJH's cafe or a display of it's own -- since IRIS also has a special tourist feature & exhibition at the Hallyu Mall, apart from LBH's Star Shop and JJH's cafe.

Come to think of it, KSY as Sunhwa never had a real direct 1-to-1 scene with JJH at all except the train scene.. sort of.. anyone remember anything otherwise?

3609_1.jpg

3609_2.jpg

3609_3.jpg

3609_4.jpg

Source: travel2.innolife.net

This (from the online translator) seems like a wonderful write-up on Kim So Yeon's career since her debut in 1994 at the very young age of 14. WOW.. that really made her a veteran actress with almost 17 years in the industry as the article would indicate. But her path has never been easy despite being spotted by a talent scout (from a tv station, if I'm not mistaken) after winning a junior beauty contest.

Wished we could somehow translate this as I have no confidence to gist it -- I only knew & saw KSY for the first time in the 2000 drama 'All About Eve' years ago -- her sterling performance stole the show from the rest thus sealing her fate, not quite she would have expected.. unfortunately. From the younger days, because KSY looked more mature than her real age, the then teen actress was often cast as an older character when she's actually the youngest and it created some awkwardness, of course. And after AAE which she was so good and so real in her evil character .. producers were reluctant to cast her in the leading (and good) roles.. starting the discouraging twist of typecast into secondary, lesser personas for many years.

Anyway.. we know.. that is all history now and a great experience for Soyeon-ssi though in the Win Win segment last March, she did mention about not being able to really work onscreen due to lack of offers, which I think (probably) refers to her own management ?! and some low ratings & poor acting choice setbacks she had to face before coming back in 2008 with Gourmet and even stronger in IRIS 2009. Though cast in a rather limited supporting role, So Yeon was more than able to impress the wide Korean audience, gaining better feedback and now in Prosecutor Princess.. her all-around versatile performance truly solidifies, confirming her acting maturity.

Actress Kim So Yeon is truly the comeback 'Princess' in every sense of the word. :wub:

NISI20100429_0002671880_web.jpg

Korean article at news.nate.com

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Kim So Yeon wears Isabel Marant in Prosecutor Princess

4qqx3q.jpg

In episode 2 of Prosecutor Princess, actress Kim So Yeon (김소연) wore a blouse from Isabel Marant. The Agosto lurex-striped top from Isabel Marant's Spring/Summer 2010 collection retailed for £344.26/USD$526.07 on Net-A-Porter (now, sold out).

Bummed that its sold out? Fret not, Far Fetch stocks them but you would have to pay more —EUR455.00/USD$605.13. Alternatively, you can call up Isabel Marant stores.

ouxx7s.jpg

Not a huge fan of the look but I'm glad to see Isabel Marant garments on the Korean actress. I hope to see more of IM's designs on not only dramas but also red carpets.

Posted by Eiffel In Seoul (WYELIN) at 5/01/2010 eiffelinseoul.com

Friday, April 30, 2010

Who wore Diego Dolcini's heels?

e9u5pj.jpg

One of the main features of drama, Prosecutor Princess are the fabulous shoes that Kim So Yeon (김소연) or Ma Hye Ri wears. Previously, she wore those lust-worthy Choos and this time its italian shoe designer, Diego Dolcini.

Diego Dolcini was born in Naples. Winning a scholarship for a master in fashion design at the Domus Academy of Milan. Dolcini have worked with big fashion houses like Emilio Pucci, Bulgari, Tom Ford/Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana, Max Mara, Casadei and Trussardi. He achieved several international acknowledgements and awards.

Hollywood/International celebrities like Rihanna, Michelle Monaghan, Nelly Furtado and Emily Blunt have be seen wearing Diego Dolcini.

Posted by Eiffel In Seoul (WYELIN) at 4/30/2010 eiffelinseoul.com

Note

Do check out the original Eiffel in Seoul page via provided links to rate the fashion sense. :)

Hi 7lotus, there are a few more photos from KSY's Esquire 2008 pictorial posted here, thanks to So Hye Yeon. :)

Unfortunately.. still behind a few pages to update (been a bit stretched here and there :lol: ) but the index on Page 1 (Posts 1 & 2) might be a bit helpful to check out Kim So Yeon's stuff and info, simply ask for anything at all. :blush: There're not much yet but we just love this girl and sharing everything about her. :wub:

It would be really nice & awesome seeing SoYeon-ssi at JDG-GSY's wedding yesterday as she acted with JDG in AAE but as fans mentioned at the PP thread, the cast (which is normal for every Korean drama filming) are just too busy with the scenes of the upcoming episodes.. very likely the reason that she had to decline the Baeksang Awards red carpet last month. Only after PP ends this 26th, we'll be seeing more of KSY at other events. :rolleyes: :blush:

Pretty quiet at Soyeon thread, huh :P the drama filming must be going on crazy continuously for this week's episodes.

Just a little tidbit from nate and yahoo.kr, how the newcomer actress-singer Horan's first acting in KBS drama 'My Country Calls' as an elite spy is taking Kim Soyeon's NK Agent character in IRIS as her role model. :D

Horan: "'IRIS' Kim So Yeon the role model"

tn_1272873482_-205179897_0.jpgKorean articles at news.nate.com / kr.news.yahoo.com

Related English mention “Goddess spy” Horan in My Country Calls

dramabeans 1 / 2

Guest in_my_heart

yay! i'm on my way on episode 5! wohoooooo!

but the links on dramacrazy is not working T_T

do u know any alternate links on ep.5???

So Yeon-ssi is so amazzziiinng! i loooove Hyeri and Seo In Woo! ♥ ♥ ♥

Wow! Cath.. that's an awesome PP siggy. :lol: Can we hope for more great Princess artwork and wallies, too? :rolleyes:

About PP streaming.. have you tried viikii? I used to watch ocasionally there but somehow.. lately.. the connection is non-existant .. so now I'm waiting for a good subs file from WITHS2 instead.

yukiyukiku .. and everyone, PP Soyeon fighting! :wub: