Park Shin Yang 박신양

goose

from http://coolsmurf.wordpress.com:

Park Shin Yang Excluded From 2008 SBS Drama Awards

December 17, 2008 by coolsmurf

The backlash against Park Shin Yang continues to sting. Despite acting in SBS Painter of Wind which just concluded its run recently and also being his first-ever saeguk drama, there was no sighting of his name anywhere on the nomination list for the various awards at the 2008 SBS Drama Awards.

Park Shin Yang was awarded the Daesang award in 2004 and 2007 for his excellent acting in Lovers in Paris and War of Money respectively. But with his role in Painter of Wind a big contrast from his usual roles, it was not well-liked by many. His co-star, Moon Geun Young was however nominated.

According to the higher-ups in SBS, “Park Shin Yang came in for some flak in the earlier part of the drama (Painter of the Wind) for his acting. In addition, his performance was pretty lacklustre compared with Moon Geun Young. Then, you have the pending case where he had asked for high appearance fees which got him banned indefinitely by the Korea Television Drama Production Company Association recently. He has lost the trust of the production staff. Even if you do act very well, it’s useless if you can’t get along with your colleagues.”

Park Shin Yang is understood to be spending his Christmas with his family in America while Moon Geun Young has gone to Australia to visit her sister. But she will be back in time for the 2008 SBS Drama Awards on 31st.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FOR ALL YOUR NEGATIVE POSTS HERE

Well for those whio will be quoting excerpts from coolsmurf.wordpress.com or from any other blogs or forum. It is also worthy to note that many visitors of that site posted their views on this entire fiasco. And MAJORITY of them are sympathizing with PSY. Many believe that the TV association decision was way too crazy. overbearing, unjust and unfair. We are not in the middle ages anymore. They should also accept that actors or any people for that matter have LEGAL AND HUMAN RIGHTS. They can never overlook that!

FOR ALL YOUR NEGATIVE POSTS HERE

Well for those whio will be quoting excerpts from coolsmurf.wordpress.com or from any other blogs or forum. It is also worthy to note that many visitors of that site posted their views on this entire fiasco. And MAJORITY of them are sympathizing with PSY. Many believe that the TV association decision was way too crazy. overbearing, unjust and unfair. We are not in the middle ages anymore. They should also accept that actors or any people for that matter have LEGAL AND HUMAN RIGHTS. They can never overlook that!

Please don’t misinterpret my posts. I am merely sharing news/information that I have read about PSY to his fans here, whether good or bad. Wouldn’t his fans like to know what is happening to him? Simply because I post news that is negative in nature (eg. PSY being banned by the association and PSY being excluded from the SBS awards), it does not mean that I agree with what is happening to him. In fact, if you recall, when news first broke out that he was being banned from dramas, I did share (in the POTW thread) that I thought that he was being treated quite harshly.

Guest amy_lee99

PSY, though good actor, should have realized that circumstances have changed and that he should have had more understanding than to sue the company for fees owed to him especially in times when most companies are experiencing financial stresses.

Having read of other actors/actresses willingly taking large pay cuts just to see the productions complete successfully, I find that PSY's demand for such exorbitantly high fees during hard times such as these is just pure arrogance, insensitivity and greed.

I feel quite sad that he was once my favorite actor.

Guest tin_sam

PSY, though good actor, should have realized that circumstances have changed and that he should have had more understanding than to sue the company for fees owed to him especially in times when most companies are experiencing financial stresses.

Having read of other actors/actresses willingly taking large pay cuts just to see the productions complete successfully, I find that PSY's demand for such exorbitantly high fees during hard times such as these is just pure arrogance, insensitivity and greed.

I feel quite sad that he was once my favorite actor.

just because psy claims for his unpaid talent fee for wom then he will be tag as greedy, arrogance & sensitive? were not in the middle aged anymore!! and psy has all the rights to demand because that is his rights as an actor who did his best in wom..fyi, before psy agreed to do the bonus round of wom the production company was also aware of the talent fee that he demanded. if they dont agree with his demands then they should not extend war of money.and now, they are using economic crisis as an excuse??

To Better Understand the PSY situation

Globally, indeed, there is a financial crisis. BUT still, what the Korea Television Drama Production Company Association (KTDPCA) did to PSY was too extreme and clearly there was much injustice here. I want to believe that in South Korea people uphold a “democratic” way of life….much opposite to that of the North. So why is it that the KTDPCA didn’t not even give much consideration for a proper “negotiations” first before acting harshly. Because in any broadcasting industry there are bylaws promulgated to protect equally the production companies and the actors. Laws and regulations are done after a consensus, KTDPCA can’t just decide on a new ruling just because they feel like it.

The crisis is also not PSY’s fault. You know why? Because it was recently posted in The Korea Times, that even Ha Yun geum (of the Korean Broadcasting Institute) admitted that the TV industry needs a “stable” and “effective” system in managing the money paid to actors. They even had to hold the seminar “The Crisis of TV Dramas and Normalization of Performance Fees,” to come up with possible solutions. So clearly, when the crisis hit them nobody was prepared ! No clear rules were set up yet. So where did that KTDPCA based their decision to ban PSY. Crazy right?

The instability of the payment system according to this article was caused by the following conflicting factors:

1. The “cash support” given to Major Networks VS. that given to Outsourcing Productions.

2. The actors’ fee computation based on the Grading System VS. Free Contract Deals

3. Unregulated sponsorships offered by businesses to the TV dramas.

So everyone has been the victim of the non-system they themselves have created. It’s like a “free for all” “anything goes” kind of system. So I think, that it was on this chaotic situation that PSY wanted to defend what is rightfully his.

Okey there are actors, like Kwon Sang-woo, who “voluntary” offered to have his fees lowered. That was really very good of them…but without a fixed system, how far do you think can this “voluntary thing” sustain for them? Financial crisis are volatile, it’s up, then it’s down, the up again. You can only volunteer for so long…in the long run if there will be no clear system to protect them …actors are going to jeopardize their own careers.

Guest femkashi

nooo! this cannot be happening :wacko: I have to see PSY in another drama again sometime in the future...oh man! I really loved watching LOVERS IN PARIS and WAR OF MONEY :unsure:

Park Shin-yang to Provide Scholarship for 30 Years

e090102_01.jpg

Actor Park Shin-yang has pledge to provide scholarships for the students of his alma mater for next 30 years. He has graduated from the Dongguk University’s department of film and theater.

Park said on his homepage bulletin board on December 31st that he will select a student every year to give 50% of the tuition for two semesters for the next 30 years. He said that he wanted to do something that he won’t regret five years down the road. Park also added that starring in the acclaimed drama, “Painter of the Wind,” was one of those things, and founding a scholarship was another.

Park has been banned from TV by drama producers and TV stations for demanding exorbitant amount of money for starring in dramas. Some say that he was unfairly made into a scapegoat of the TV stations’ budget cutbacks, because there were many other actors who were paid more than they deserved.

Source:

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/entertainme...=13&No=8867

Guest papasmurf

park shin yang will come back don't worry, and if you ask "how? do you even have any evidence?" well then i would say yes, but you can't see it because it's called faith. I don't think PSY was greedy, i mean that's just ridiculous. If it says on the contract that they'll pay him _______ amount of money, IT'S FINAL. How can you call someone greedy when it IS RIGHT FOR THEM TO PAY HIM THAT MUCH? IT'S ON THE F#$KING PAPER WITH THEIR SIGNATURE ON IT. sigh...poor PSY, he was the first victim, but he will come back, because when fans are getting angry and demanding then the UPPER people can't do anything about it. usually these things won't last long.

PSY DESERVES TO WIN

"You could never put a good man down."

At the recently concluded 2008 SBS Award, MGY won the Daesang which she truly deserves. But it just seems so unfair that the lead actor PSY had to branded an outcast in all of these.

Inspite of what all his critics here have to say, even if they turn blue in the face in protest, MGY’ character in POTW wouldn’t have been that shining and adorable if not with the boost given by the PSY’s character in the series. HD complemented YB and vice versa…and PSY’s great acting had helped in the brilliance and remarkable moments of MGY in the series….that’s why she was able to shine the brightest above the rest.

Recognition should also go to PSY and that people should know and realize.

A referral from dramabeans:

"

If you want to help escalate your unanswered voices on this ban matter, please visit:

http://cb4py.wordpress.com/about/

This is a brand new site trying to take the counter ban voices one level higher so it’s felt by the broadcasting stations.

Be prepared to work like crazy if you choose to help out but it’s worth it if you believe you can help.

This site is accepting suggestions / comments for 3 days, until midnight Jan 11, 2009 (EST). Then it will finalize on all action items and set a schedule to achieve the “impossible” on Feb 5. 2009.

"

Enthusiastic PSY supporters wanted!

• 2 weeks later...

Supporters of Mr. Park Shin Yang,

On February 5th, 2009 (the second month since the suspension), let’s all email the CODA, CODA members, KBS, MBC and SBS and tell them that we are not happy, shall we?

If you are a fan who belong to a fan club or a fan site, I encourage you to contact your club or site leader and see if your club or site can send one email on behalf of the members. If sending in the name of a group, be sure to let them know how many members there are in the club / site. If you don’t belong to any organization, then you can send an individual email.

Email addresses : please get from: http://cb4py.wordpress.com/mediacenter/ea-cm3bs/

Email addresses are researched from internet. They are listed here for your convenience.

Email subject: 곧 박신양씨를 드라마를 통해 볼 수 있길 기대합니다.

------------------------------------

2009제 2월 5회

메일:

드라마 제작사 회장 신현택 Shin Hyeon Taek

드라마 제작사 부회장 송병준 Song Byung Joon

드라마 제작사 사무총장 김승수 Kim Seung Su

드라마 제작사 회원

KBS 드라마감독 이응진 Lee Eung Jin

KBS 드라마추진 남철우 Nam Chul Woo

KBS 국제협력

MBC 드라마감독 이주환 Lee Ju Hwan

MBC 국제협력

SBS 드라마감독 구본근 Gu Bon Geun

SBS 드라마추진 경민석 Kyoung Min Seok

SBS Public Relations 박혜정 Park Hye Jeong

안녕하세요! 저는 (캐나다)에 사는 교포입니다. 죄송하지만 저는 한국어를 잘 못합니다. 한국인 친구의 도움을 얻어 이렇게 한국어로 메일을 보내게 되었습니다.

"박신양, 고액 출연료로 드라마 제작사로부터 출연 정지"가 되었다는 소식을 듣고 기분이 좋지 않습니다. 이것은 부당한 처사입니다.

나는 박신양씨를 정말 존경합니다.

드라마 제작사에 요청합니다. 출연정지를 취소해주시기 바랍니다. 박신양씨는 한국의 보물입니다. 그를 소중히 여겨주시기 바랍니다. 곧 박신양씨를 드라마를 통해 볼 수 있길 기대합니다.

감사합니다!

Hello! Sorry, I am not good at Korean language. I live in (Canada).

Regarding: “CODA’s indefinite suspension on Park Shin Yang for drama production”: I am not happy with it. It is bad.

I respect Park Shin Yang a lot.

CODA: please lift the ban. Mr. Park Shin Yang is a South Korea treasure. Please cherish him. Please give Mr. Park Shin Yang back to me.

Thank you!

<Your Name>---

** note: characters in brackets () stand for Canada.

If you live in other countries, substitute with:

America: 미국

Australia: 호주

China: 중국

France: 프랑스

Hong Kong: 홍콩

Japan: 일본

Malaysia: 말레이시아

Philippines: 필리핀

Singapore: 싱가포르

Taiwan: 대만

Thailand: 태국

Vietnam: 베트남

** For more country names, please refer to:

http://translate.google.com/translate_t#en|ko|Taiwan

type in your country name, and get the translation on the right. Let me know if you have problems…

--

Brought to you by Counter Ban for Park Shin Yang

http://cb4py.wordpress.com/about/

Together, we help lift the ban on Park Shin Yang

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest eveso

Hello all,

The 'Counter Ban' effort is still going on; please join their current and future campaign until Park Shin Yang's ban is lifted!

Current campaign: April 2009 - Email and Online Petition campaign: Email launch date being April 5th:

http://cb4py.wordpress.com/monthly-campaigns/c4/

Hope Park Shin Yang and his fans a great time with at the Tokyo and Kobe fan meeting on Apr 11 / 12!! :rolleyes:

Fighting !

• 1 month later...
Guest wickednellie

I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about PSY in awhile, and now I'm just getting caught up with this whole ban thing. What a joke! I'm not going to argue about who is right because even if I read every article on the subject I wasn't actually there... putting that aside I think that the TV people are overreacting. I'll make sure to take part in the next e-mail campaign.

Guest majata

Park Shin Yang has to come back, it's the loss of the viewers if the ban is not lifted. He has talent and he deserves to continue acting. Therefore, with the ban, the biggest loser is not the actor or the industry but us- the viewers.

Park Shin Yang has to come back, it's the loss of the viewers if the ban is not lifted. He has talent and he deserves to continue acting. Therefore, with the ban, the biggest loser is not the actor or the industry but us- the viewers.

I know that's crazy but where are his celebrity friends?I swear people are so afraid to rock the boat that they will stand by and let one of their own fall. If PSY falls everybody falls because the networks have the power and until K-actors start banning together and fighting PSY won't be the only one banned.

Archived