[drama 2007] Eight Days Mystery Of Jeong Jo Assassination 정조암살미&#

Guest huangsy

Guest dramaok

does anyone know where i can get the script for this drama [in korean]?

i cannot access dcinside. i think they banned me :tears:

i love love the script. more than the actual drama. the visuals a bit lacking comparted to the script.

nevertheless this is an amzing drama. its portrayal of jeongjo seems much more accurate than other dramas.

makes me sad he did not live longer. tragic.

thanks for the subtitle tooo! i actually read it on notepad just for fun lol.

the translation is really good i can instantly relive the emotions.

the subtitle person and team should get paid. ^^

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MisterX

http://www2.ktrwa.or.kr/new/?doc=bbs/gnubo...=1&wr_id=51

Here you go. This is probably a pre-treatment early draft, as Park Jong-Won took off many scenes, shortened others, changed the order, added some more. Much more descriptive (sometimes to a fault) than the actual drama, but lovely.

You haven't been banned. DC blocked all non-Korean IP after last month's massive Ddos. Just use a proxy.

thanks for episode 2 sub. that was fast!!

btw ... does anyone else have problem with episode 6 split files? after i joined them ... the file seems to be incomplete because when i open the avi ... it starts buffering and it's less than 40 mins. i've dl'ed twice and still the same problem? :unsure: i've dl'ed up to episode 9 and the rests are all ok.

Guest dramaok

http://www2.ktrwa.or.kr/new/?doc=bbs/gnubo...=1&wr_id=51

Here you go. This is probably a pre-treatment early draft, as Park Jong-Won took off many scenes, shortened others, changed the order, added some more. Much more descriptive (sometimes to a fault) than the actual drama, but lovely.

You haven't been banned. DC blocked all non-Korean IP after last month's massive Ddos. Just use a proxy.

waaahh! thx! and so much other stuff to read too! super cool.

ok ya i was hung up on a lotta stuff (my korean is not very deep since i left korea around 10).

i found the first already:

海島眞人渡南來之眞主 出南海島 中紫霞仙境 世人不覺矣

your sub helped me understand better and thx for the reference too did not know where the prophecy came from.

i better get busy cut and paste stuff before they take away the script and ban me or something. T.T

once i got over my gripe about the unnecessary sex scenes in here, i was able to get blown away by the drama.

it's actually better than conspiracy court on some level (and i didn't think that ws possible either).. it feels more meaty.

but of course conspiracy is probably a better drama. better tempo and much easier to digest. it's like gourmet fast food. heee.

and ya i agree the script is almost to a fault too descriptive. but i love that. it's so indulgent. i love how it's actually 2 treats. the drama itself (fastforward the repulsive scenes) very entertainning.. sit back and relax and enjoy.. then the script.. like reading a novel.

Guest MisterX

That damn 해도진인 타령 killed me. ㅋㅋ It just floored me that Kim Won-Seok tossed Gyeokam in there so organically. I mean, unless you're an HARDCORE history buff, how many people would know those texts (which amount to... well, squirrelly, exotic prophecies with the same historical value of the 환단고기, more or less) enough to put them in context?

This is less accessible than Conspiracy or even Shin Don, but if you have some background knowledge... it's magic. The war of words between Lady Hyegyeong and Queen Jeongsun about "rumors" is just a good example. Or that jaw-to-the-floor 한중록 moment on Episode 3.

Anyhow... after this we're doing 어사 박문수. And then it's the Director's Cut of Cons.... well. That's enough news for today.

Guest dramaok

That damn 해도진인 타령 killed me. ㅋㅋ It just floored me that Kim Won-Seok tossed Gyeokam in there so organically. I mean, unless you're an HARDCORE history buff, how many people would know those texts (which amount to... well, squirrelly, exotic prophecies with the same historical value of the 환단고기, more or less) enough to put them in context?

ya it's a lot less accessible.. so less mass appeal but i guess if u take the time to learn and think about it, it's that much more gratifying.

that.. and the men in here are pretty handsome too [charasmatic] keekee.

Anyhow... after this we're doing 어사 박문수. And then it's the Director's Cut of Cons.... well. That's enough news for today.

ok so i'm guessing 영조 and 정조 are your favorite Joseon kings?

but i do vaguely recall watching this on tv on and off. it was not a commercial success right?

it's old! but i remember it has han hye-jin before her soseono glory days.

Guest MisterX

ok so i'm guessing 영조 and 정조 are your favorite Joseon kings?

but i do vaguely recall watching this on tv on and off. it was not a commercial success right?

it's old! but i remember it has han hye-jin before her soseono glory days.

Yeah... it wasn't a success. Actually was cut from 16 to 15 episodes because of low ratings, but it was lovely.

Bit lighter and comical, but it smokes just about everything broadcasting now when it comes to historical value. And the Bae Cheol-Su (yeah, THAT Bae Cheol-Su, Music Camp et al) narration is awesome. Production values are nothing to write home about, but good acting, good writing... fun stuff.

Guest dramaok

hm. what was the problem then? cast? mr. yoo too goofy looking for an inspector?

who played the king again...?

Guest MisterX

hm. what was the problem then? cast? mr. yoo too goofy looking for an inspector?

who played the king again...?

King was Jo Min-Gi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

eightdayssubs.jpg

WITH S2's 88th COMPLETED PROJECT :)

EPISODE 8

CREDITS:

Main Translator and Timer: MisterX

Timing QC: julier

Editor/QC: thunderbolt

Coordinators: mily2, ay_link

EPISODE 9

CREDITS:

EPISODE 10

CREDITS:

Guest lOveKorea

Thanks so much for your time & effort in subbing these series WITH S2! :wub:

I really enjoyed watching this, it was like reading a novel B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sveta21

Erm my IP starts with 173 and its banned from aja-aja. (I haven't done anything wrong) Does anyone know where else can i download the drama?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MisterBarca

This is less accessible than Conspiracy or even Shin Don, but if you have some background knowledge... it's magic. The war of words between Lady Hyegyeong and Queen Jeongsun about "rumors" is just a good example. Or that jaw-to-the-floor 한중록 moment on Episode 3.

Any news on "어사 박문수"? I look forward to it. Back in the day, I watched a few episodes, got bored, and stopped; but I now realize that 한혜진 was in it! :)

Guest MisterX

Any news on "어사 박문수"? I look forward to it. Back in the day, I watched a few episodes, got bored, and stopped; but I now realize that 한혜진 was in it! :)

Didn't like how my encoding turned out (audio is a bit off), so a bit on the backburner. Waiting for MBC to get those damn VODs out, so I can use clean audio to replace the stock music, actually.

• 3 months later...

I've finally gotten around to watching this amazing drama. *hangs head in shame* :blush:

Let me just say - Thank you, thank you, thank you, X, julier, and thundie for the subs!!! :D

The writing is so dense (holy cow!), I probably wouldn't have understood half of what was going on without them. Since I know so little about the history, I initially had a hard time keeping track of all the characters and backstory.

I absolutely LOVED this scene!

eightdayse02kor071118hd.jpg

Kim Sang Joong is seriously BADASS as King Jeongjo.

eightdayse01kor071117hd.jpgeightdayse01kor071117hd.jpg

eightdayse04kor071125hd.jpgeightdayse04kor071125hd.jpg

eightdayse05kor071201hd.jpgeightdayse06kor071202hd.jpg

I had to get past the brows, at first, but I'm thoroughly enjoying Lee Dae Yeon as Moon Inbang.

eightdayse06kor071202hd.jpg

And Lady Hyegyeong is fascinating.

eightdayse02kor071118hd.jpg

Btw, anyone know where to get the OST? (I wasn't able to find it through the link in the first post.)

Archived