Joo Sang Wook 주상욱

kbleon

Thanks to the person who recommended "Giant"...I watched it two days ago and fell totally in love with Joo Sang Wook as "Min Woo". I watched him in Kimcheed Radish Cubes and thought he did fine, but was blown away with his performance in Giant. His best thus far and I applaud his interpretation of "Min Woo" he was able to portrayed a truly tortured soul...instead of hating him, I felt sorry for him, rooted for him and wanted him to finally be able to live a normal, happy life with his son and the girl he loved! Not to mention, his love line kept me invested throughout the drama and it seems his romantic love line overshadow the OTP, there was just so much chemistry...

I am very selective about who I support because "I love a little but for a LONG time.." and Joo Sang Wook just got himself a life time fan!

You should also watch him in TEN. His acting was amazing in there. I am sure you will love him more after watching it. :-)

• Replies 53.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest h2og

JSW's a detective again here in the movie Scent!  The movie is sitting on the No. 3 slot on their opening week!  More power to JSW!!!

*quoted image*

@hibiscus23 - it was mentioned at Page 10 post number 182.  The photo was not available anymore.....  But it's ok for you to mention any nice goings for JSW....

Other JSW readers who join late will be able to read your post since most people go to the last page first!!!!

Thanks to the person who recommended "Giant"...I watched it two days ago and fell totally in love with Joo Sang Wook as "Min Woo". I watched him in Kimcheed Radish Cubes and thought he did fine, but was blown away with his performance in Giant. His best thus far and I applaud his interpretation of "Min Woo" he was able to portrayed a truly tortured soul...instead of hating him, I felt sorry for him, rooted for him and wanted him to finally be able to live a normal, happy life with his son and the girl he loved! Not to mention, his love line kept me invested throughout the drama and it seems his romantic love line overshadow the OTP, there was just so much chemistry...

I am very selective about who I support because "I love a little but for a LONG time.." and Joo Sang Wook just got himself a life time fan!

@dramalovers26 - We need loyal fan like U... Welcome to the thread!!!

P.S Hi Nomore1976 - Thanks for being active here!!!

reply from Hibiscus23

I also just finished Giant drama a few days ago & can't help but share my thoughts of how I liked his acting in that drama too! Likewise instead of disliking his charac in that drama you kinda relate to him since his father was the root of all what's happened in his life with him, however his role showed his soft spot when he's the Minwoo who loves Miju dearly and the other side of him which could be harsh but nothing close to the way his father is! I first saw him in 3 Dads 1 Mom but didn't really pay attn to him as i guess his role was small or he was unknown (to me) at that time however seeing him 2nd time in My Wife Got Married plus now FOTG, i'm starting to like him more & more! What a great actor aside from being handsome & his face exudes kindness, i dunno if i'm describing it accurately; seeing him in Star vid with his mom tells me he's a great son who his mother can love unconditionally & dotes with him!

I also particularly like him now in Kimchee drama which i'm watching & his acting here was also an outstanding performance - one can consider award-winning too! I agree with you that his love story with Miju and their romance is so touching that you almost grow on them as you watch how their love progressed in that drama! Loved it really, too bad they didn't have enough scenes with them cause i can do without the other stuff like the construc competition & merging of companies, just give us the Miju/Minwoo scenes even if it's as long as 100 episodes hahaha!

I too am v selective on who i follow or support & Joo sang is definitely gonna be on my long list of K actors & let's hope he gets more projects after FOTG cause he truly deserves to be recognized for his excellent work!

Good Morning Nomore1976,

I was really really sold with JSW's musical talents!  From then on, there is no one else but JSW!  Love his soulful and yet high pitch voice!  He sang his repertoire for his fans in Japan...  Bisang & Biga Wayo. He also has an OST (I Miss U) for Seon Deok Queen!  What more can I ask for?

He sang in WinWin Episode.  That's where I learned about his life stories!  Great Man!!!  Luv his mom so much!!!  This guy went through a hard & winding road before he reached his current status!  My hats off to JSW!!!

Bisang from Hibiscus23

I know he sang kinda jokingly way in Kimcheed but do you know where to d/load his songs? I wanted that one also with Park Sang min It's Raining but can't find it to no avail! Mediafire deleted it already! I still hv a lot of cathing up to do here, so much to oogle at & see from the list you gave me y-day! I watched a bit of HT but i was just on my brk at work! argh! Right now when i got home I hope to finish Kimcheed drama by tmrw perhaps! He was good in his role of Park Jae woo! I really am liking him more/more! :) Thnx

hibiscus23 - The link to Win Win with JSW is on page 12.  You gotta watch it girl! :-)

hi nomore1976 from hibiscus

i already queue it in my must see list but am so hooked on Kimcheed drama that as soon as i'm finished i'll watch it with much intent! :) glad u asked me to join here, i'm overwhelmed with so many things to read & oogle at his photos! he's got a killer smile! so cute & charming, luv him more!

@hibiscus23 - it was mentioned at Page 10 post number 182.  The photo was not available anymore.....  But it's ok for you to mention any nice goings for JSW....

Other JSW readers who join late will be able to read your post since most people go to the last page first!!!!

@dramalovers26 - We need loyal fan like U... Welcome to the thread!!!

P.S Hi Nomore1976 - Thanks for being active here!!!

@Bisang --- thanks a bunch for walking me through this wonderful JSW blog, OK i'll remember that! I hope they upld this movie online soon so we can watch it! I even bought his Ten movie dvd which is waiting for me to watch since i'm still not done watching Kimcheed drama! LOLzzz so many things & so little time as usual with kdramas!

Once again thanks for your note & advice! Likewise i always go to the last page first :)

I love JSW in Win Win.  He was shy and that's so attractive!  I love how he was honest with his background, from the most screwed up actor to his problems with study (but he still graduated from University, right?), his financial struggles, etc.  His Mom must be very proud of him now that he is finally recorgnized for his hard work.  As a fan, I am proud of you too, JSW!  Keep up the great work!  We love you!

Bisang - You made my day with the new MV.  My fav. Korean love song with all the scences of my beloved couple: JH and JY.  What else can I ask for on a Friday morning?  Thank you so much for posting it here. :-)))

These pictures of JSW and SYR are beautiful.  The more I look at these, the more I love to have them end up with each other.  The chemistry is so obvious there!  Whether it's on or off screen, they just look so good together.  They are made for each other.  I can't wait and really hope they will reunite at the end of this drama.

Bisang & Nomore1976

Hibiscus here, woah those photos are too beautiful & i luvd those scenes when they were so playful! they do look good together, good chem - i think whoever is his leading lady he seems to really place well no matter what right? you pair him with Miju or Hwang eum, even with Park shin hye who's a lot younger than him, they still click! awesome awesome actor he is! Luv him dearly! I sure hope they reunite it's about time! Like i said from the FOTG forum, this drama is geared towards them ending together no doubt!

I love JSW in Win Win.  He was shy and that's so attractive!  I love how he was honest with his background, from the most screwed up actor to his problems with study (but he still graduated from University, right?), his financial struggles, etc.  His Mom must be very proud of him now that he is finally recorgnized for his hard work.  As a fan, I am proud of you too, JSW!  Keep up the great work!  We love you!

from hibiscus23

I saw a portion of that with his mom but it wasn't subbed so i'm gonna look at YT again for that! He's such a down to earth guy, you can tell how he also loves his mom & vice versa dearly! great guy! I'm sure his mom must be super proud of him, having a son like him! I wonder if he's got siblings? not much is said from his bio any idea? Likewise as a fan we're proud of him! He's an inspiration or need we say more! Yeah Sarang hae yo JSW !!! I hope he reads online blogs that'll be great! :)

from hibiscus23

I saw a portion of that with his mom but it wasn't subbed so i'm gonna look at YT again for that! He's such a down to earth guy, you can tell how he also loves his mom & vice versa dearly! great guy! I'm sure his mom must be super proud of him, having a son like him! I wonder if he's got siblings? not much is said from his bio any idea? Likewise as a fan we're proud of him! He's an inspiration or we need say more! Yeah Sarang hae yo JSW !!! I hope he reads online blogs that'll be great! :)

Hibiscus - Look at post #226 on page 12.  There are already YouTube links to the Win Win ep (5 parts total, with English subs).  All you need to do is click on the links to watch it.

Yes.  He has 2 sisters.  They are both married (if I remeber correctly).  His Dad died when he was 7 years old and his Mom raised him and his sisters all by herself.  This is one of the reasons why he's so close to his Mom.  He knew how hard it had been for her as a single mother.  He's working hard just so he can support her and make it up for her.  You will learn more about him as you watch him in the Win Win ep.

http://24.media.tumb...zjnz9o4_250.gif

http://dramascenes.f...96628058800.jpg

http://media.photobu...012_avi1199.jpg

http://www.hancinema...photo161767.jpg

http://kpopfever.com...ca_120129_2.jpg

To you all JSW fans - those links are nice photos of our Sangwook ssi, i'm not able to figure out yet how to upload actual photos so just pls bear with me & just click on the links --- i luv the ones in blue shirt presumably taken from paradise ranch! enjoy!

maybe next time i'll be able to upload :) sorry for now.

Guest h2og

An excerpt from the Taxi Variety Show during JSW guest appearance:

A different approach was taken by Jo Sang Wook who stated last month on tvN’s “Talk Show Taxi” that he preferred boyish type women.  Lucky for him Ha Ji Won has a boyish style haircut at the moment.  What do you know when asked for further details, he said he was really into Ha Ji Won.

Anyone out there... who got a copy of that episode???

Source:

http://www.soompi.co...n-the-ideal-one

Joo Sang Wook, Fans’ Packed Lunch Event

The staff of MBC's hit drama 'Feast Of The Gods' have truly eaten feasts fit for Gods because of Joo Sang Wook's fans.

Source:

http://en.koreaporta...lunch-event.htm

3304-joo-sang-wook.jpg

Guest h2og

JSW got a large following in Korea... JSW is one of the reason why FotG is so popular in Korea

535359_428860390461375_205547979459285_1892732_419756752_n.jpg

545803_444117672268980_205547979459285_1937339_1652179275_n.jpg

Here's a screencap of the movie Scent

Guest h2og

Thanks Bisang for all the news and pictures. I keep looking at the last picture you posted here. So handsome! :-)

JSW prefers boyish type women ... Okay I am going to have my hair done this weekend. Will cut it real short this time, just for JSW only. LOL.... jk ....

Ah he's so handsome and a very good actor. I watched him in Thornbirds recently and saw his Running Man appearance. His real life persona seems very different from his characters. Really considering watching his other dramas though I'm not such a big drama fan anymore.

Guest h2og

@ inxomnia - Hi there!  Welcome to JSW thread.  If u like suspense & short  - TEN is my best bet!  

Guest h2og

tumblr_lgihh5MPZ81qb0p1vo1_400.jpg

CJep012_avi1199.jpg

@hibiscus23 - Thanks for this photo.... Hope U don't mind if I post it here to share with all JSW readers!!!

tumblr_lh5bbfgNdk1qeryz0.png

tumblr_lh5bc4FSXX1qeryz0.png

tumblr_lh5bce816d1qeryz0.png

tumblr_lgw1isvBhA1qc2g1f.jpg

184815_205608646119885_205547979459285_911845_1447407_n.jpg

tumblr_lh7h9hkUHI1qeryz0.png

tumblr_lh7h9sKenn1qeryz0.png

Guest h2og

@hibiscus23 - I added the photos in this page for U... Take your time!  U will get used to Soompi Editor!

Archived