Go Ara 고아라

Admin

Guest adikkeluangman

Rising Actress Goh A-ra Introduced in Japan

2006-05-22

ah_l.jpg

The Japanese daily Sankei Sports introduced young Korean actress Goh A-ra to its

readers as a rising Korean star who will lead the next-generation Korean Wave. Printing

a detailed interview with her in its Saturday edition, it said that Goh has just started to

spread her wings to reach not only Korea and Japan but also the whole world.

Goh attracted attention in Japan by beating some 40,000 competitors in an audition

to secure the role of Kulan, the woman Genghis Kahn loved most, for “Blue Wolf,” a

biographical film about the Mongolian hero to be produced jointly by Japan and

Mongolia.

Kulan, the second wife of Genghis Kahn, is one of the three woman who determined

the hero’s fate, along with his mother, to be played by Japanese actress Mayumi

Wakamura, and his first wife Borte, to be played by Rei Kikugawa. Top Japanese

actor Sorimachi Takashi will play the role of Genghis Kahn.

Goh said in the interview, “I was surprised to hear my name called at the end of the

audition. When I came back to Korea, many people encouraged me to study

Japanese intensively so that I can speak freely in Japanese.”

“Since then, I have studied Japanese for three to four hours every day. I try to talk

to Japanese people I encounter to practice what I have studied and watch many

Japanese dramas and films, but my Japanese is not yet good enough to comprehend

everything,” she added.

The daily said that Goh is not yet proficient in Japanese, but hearing her speak a few

words in Japanese, it declared her pronunciation perfect.

Goh is engaging in intense practice to speak Japanese naturally because the movie’s

director Shinichiro Sawai told her that he would not tolerate unnatural pronunciation

even though she is a foreign actress, according to the paper.

But Goh expressed confidence, saying, “Kulan is both strong and gentle. I am a little

bit ashamed to talk about myself, but I am quite feminine, so I can play Kulan very

well.”

She also talked about her ambition to be a leading Korean actress in the future. “I

like singing and dancing as well, but I want to be recognized as an actress first,” she

said. “I want to work in Japan as well. Whenever I see pictures of Korean stars on

the streets of Tokyo, I feel proud and have energy to go on. I believe I can be like

them one day.”

To mark the 800th anniversary of the foundation of Mongolia, “Blue Wolf” will be the

most expensive film in Japanese film history with a budget of more than 3 billion yen

(US$24.3 million). It will be shot on location in Mongolia for three months starting

from June and released in early 2007 across Japan.

c: KBS Global

Guest o__0

oh wows... i still cant believe she's just my age!!! so young but such talent!!

OMG!! GO ARA'S GONNA BE A BIG FILM??!?!?! WOWS... I'M SUPER EXCITED FOR HER!!! SHE'S REALLY BLESSED!

SHE'S GONNA PLAY A WIFE?? what?!?!?! SHE'S ONLY 15!!! OMG..... but wows.... such a Mature role though... and she's practicing hard on JAPANESE.... i'm starting to like Go Ara.

Guest xosandy

Reposting from News thread..

20060523094509.862.0.jpg

Max from DBSK is going to be staring in Snow flakes/flowers. Max and Go Ah Ra will be lovers in the drama which will be filmed in Japan for releasing on MBC during October. Kim Hee Ae will be playing Go Ah Ra's dying writer mother. The 20eps drama will be mainly focus on the dying mother and daughter's different views of love and relationships.

Lee Hyori was casted in to do this drama in 2004...but because of some issues...this drama never aired in 2004.

Credits to Sandy, Ji-Won and Yeohweping

Guest *`xiuzhen

HOLY CRAP! I watched a documentary about Genghis Kahn last month during easter break and his story is interesting. So this means, this movie is going to be set back in ancient times then? : D thats awesome! I so wanna see the final result of this <3

Guest krngirlie89

Reposting from News thread..

20060523094509.862.0.jpg

Max from DBSK is going to be staring in Snow flakes/flowers. Max and Go Ah Ra will be lovers in the drama which will be filmed in Japan for releasing on MBC during October. Kim Hee Ae will be playing Go Ah Ra's dying writer mother. The 20eps drama will be mainly focus on the dying mother and daughter's different views of love and relationships.

Lee Hyori was casted in to do this drama in 2004...but because of some issues...this drama never aired in 2004.

Credits to Sandy, Ji-Won and Yeohweping

omGGG

shes sooo fricking lucky!!

they're gonna be bf and gf?!

o.O

ahahahaha

yaya

we'll get to see changmins acting skills again ^^

do u knoe like any more info where we could find more stuff bout it?

She's really pretty, her eyes is sooo beautiful,

i just remembered her from dbsg's mv, hug... so pretty

but i've got to admit.... she has a big ears

I wanna see how she acted in Snow flakes/flowers w/ max xD

She's the same age as me ^^

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xosandy

She's so pretty! I still can't believe she's only a year younger than me though. Sometimes, she looks incredibly mature for her age.

24777692_460x460.jpg24777693_460x460.jpg

24777694_460x460.jpg24777695_460x460.jpg

24777696_460x460.jpg24777697_460x460.jpg

23685824_520x520.jpg23685819_520x520.jpg

24055241_436x436.jpg

200605230808275207.jpg200605221317434229.jpg

2006021522072144715_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^ yes i absolutely LOVE the photographer...

i was talking to my sister... she had a baby... and she said every baby is born w/ blue eyes... then they change colors~

no. blue eyes is caused by the lack of pigment in your iris. in babies, pigment isnt developed fully until age 5 or so many children do have blue eyes when young and then it changes into brown or other colors. (this is similar to blond hair. many children have it and it darkens by the time they're teens)

this is in European caucasians and other ppl (in turkey, afghanistan, central asia also in small numbers).

no one really knows how eye color is determined because it's very very complex. actually what's in school textbooks even (about 2 dominant/recesive traits) has been recently found incorrect.

for asians... it's possible to have light brown/hazel eyes but blue/grey and green eyes are impossible. there's 3 base genotypes for eye color. basically to be korean and have light eyes, BOTH parents must carry the very rare recessive genes for light eyes. there's actually a small minority even within koreans who carry ONE set of recessive genes but to have it from both parents so it can be seen is very rare

blue eyes is actually very common among whites. it's declining in the US due to race mixing but at one time over 1/3 of white americans had blue eyes.

black eyes are the best. lighter eye colors are more susceptible to genetic diseases and things and that's why dark eyes (being genetically superior) dominate most of the world.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest yunhee

She's SO pretty. At first I thought, "What's the big deal about her" But after seeing her in Banolim... 고아라 정말 매력있어!

And also, I saw her interviews. The way she talks, even though she looks very mature, the way she says things are very young and 순수해. She's SO CUTE. I've become a pretty big fan of her after Banolim :)