[movie 2000] The Foul King 반칙왕

Guest Alxneeds2gopee

Guest Alxneeds2gopee
Song Kang-ho, Park Sang-Myeon, Song Yong-Chang. dir. Kim Ji-Woon
p1001809942.jpg Who thought bodyslams could be so inspirational? From director Kim Ji Woon comes The Foul King, a winning, no-holds-barred comedy starring Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance's Song Kang Ho. The film revolves around mild mannered bank clerk Im Dae Ho (Song) who finds himself on the brink of a definite midlife crisis. At home, he has to suffer through constant badgering by his father, and at work, he just can't seem to bring himself to ask out the pretty colleague he's been pining away for all these years. Even worse, as the bank's worst-rated employee, he can't help but catch the unwanted attention of his ruthless boss (Song Young Chang), an intimidating bully who likes nothing better than to punish his underlings by putting them in inescapable headlocks! Clearly, Dae Ho is looking for some sort of escape from his stress-filled existence. However, salvation finally comes in the unlikeliest of sources when Dae Ho happens upon a gym offering lessons in professional wrestling techniques. Initially, Dae Ho approaches the coach with the intention of discovering a way to escape his boss's brutal headlock, but as he starts to remember the heroes of his childhood, he becomes totally engrossed in the world of professional wrestling, finding it to be the confidence-boosting cure-all to the bulk of his various troubles. As he begins participating in low level wrestling matches on the indie circuit, he takes on the persona of the Foul King, a villain who'd do just about anything to beat his opponents. But when Dae Ho finds himself matched up against an up-and-coming professional wrestler, will he follow the script, take the fall, and put the emerging superstar over? Or will he try to win the day? Whatever his decision, the climactic match is an exhilarating bout that will leave audiences cheering! Thanks to a solid script and a wonderful performance by Song Kang Ho, The Foul King amounts to an oddly charming, fun-filled comedy with plenty of heart and soul! -yesasia I recently came accross this movie and read some really good reviews about it, but i was a little skeptical cause people say good things on poor movies imo...and i read that it was a wrestling tale and i'm no wrestling fan. I recieved it with the movie with little to look for...I concluded after watching the movie, this movie was friggin hilarious i havn't come accross any korean movies that made me laugh so hard. it's kinda of a mix between comedy wrestling and office space. Anyone else seen it? If not, i highly recommend this movie. Some Pictures foul-king.jpg11436.4.jpg11436.7.jpgfoul4.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Issey

Haha,i'd just seen this movie and i must admit it was really as hilarious as it was reviewed to be..

this movie is a must seen for any korean movie lovers..this is one of my best korean movie i've seen and hope others

would take a look at this movie if you hadn't..

Archived