Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

'Vampire' remake has life

By Jonathan Landreth

Nov 7, 2006

South Korean starlet Jun Ji-hyun will star in "Blood Vampire," the live-action English-language remake of the hit Japanese animated film, a representative for Seoul-based talent representative iHQ said Monday at the American Film Market.

"Vampire," by Hong Kong director Ronnie Yu ("Jet Li's Fearless"), is a $30 million production from Hong Kong rainmaker Bill Kong and France's Pathe Entertainment and is in preproduction.

The project is important to the efforts by iHQ, an integrated entertainment company, to bring its South Korean talent overseas, the spokesperson said.

"This is the first big-budget Hollywood film for a Korean actress speaking English in the lead role," said the spokesperson, asking not to be named.

Jun is known in Asia for roles in the Korean blockbuster "Il Mare," (remade by Warner Bros. as "The Lake House," starring Sandra Bullock) and in director Kwak Jae-yong's "My Sassy Girl" and "Windstruck."

The live-action film is based on the Oshii Mamoru anime hit about Saya (Jun), a vampire employed by the U.S. government to hunt demons in post-World War II Japan.

"Vampire" is set to start shooting in March in China and Argentina and is scheduled for release in 2008, the iHQ source said.

Production I.G., the Japanese producers of the anime original, 2000's "Blood: The Last Vampire," will receive residuals from the live-action film, the source said.

The anime original was praised for its blend of 2-D and 3-D elements. It was made with Sony's Aniplex and distributed in North America by Manga Entertainment, later spinning off a video game, a manga and plans for a TV series.

Mark Russell in Seoul contributed to this report.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...YKiENgmrw%3D%3D

Yee... Yeee... vampire, with human body :P

so it will take china and argentina as the place ...

seems the situation would be classic ?

i hope it's not and old style fighting

whaaa?? China and Argentina!!? :crazy:

well, there goes my plan,

no more stalking in Melbourne :phew::lol:

So.... what are the chances do you think she'd be walking down the red carpet here in Hollywood for a premiere? Lol.

So.... what are the chances do you think she'd be walking down the red carpet here in Hollywood for a premiere? Lol.

100% chance she will of course!!! this is the big blockbuster hollywood movie we've been anticipating for jjh debut in the states!!!!!!

100% chance she will of course!!! this is the big blockbuster hollywood movie we've been anticipating for jjh debut in the states!!!!!!

well the thing is other than asian ppl... most ppl dont know who the "My Sassy Girl" is. I'm just wondering how big of an event it'd be cuz then that would mean how early i'd have to get there for parking haha

Guest yum yum dimsum

100% for sure!!!!! :lol:

well the thing is other than asian ppl... most ppl dont know who the "My Sassy Girl" is. I'm just wondering how big of an event it'd be cuz then that would mean how early i'd have to get there for parking haha

well, Ronny Yu's kinda popular with CTHD and Fearless and

it'll be a plus if they pick a wellknown leading man for Ji Hyun

(I have a feeling it'll be Will Yun Lee, that Korean actor that just signed up with SidusHQ)

plus its one of the first actionAnime to have a movie adaptation,

and once the US gets to see Ji Hyun in that school uniform outfit kicking a lot of vampire as.ses,

they'll forget about the director, the leading man and maybe the whole film. Its all about Ji Hyun :lol::lol:

so I suggest you do a booking now! :lol:

Guest username

Jeon Ji Hyun Fans Please Fill out this Poll!!

<a href=http://jjhboard.3.forumer.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=54&st=0>Click here</a> to vote!!

Jeon Ji Hyun Fans Please Fill out this Poll!!

<a href=http://jjhboard.3.forumer.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=54&st=0>Click here</a> to vote!!

Sorry, please click on this link > http://jjhboard.3.forumer.com/index.php?ac...p;t=54&st=0

OMG! This is such a super duper late reaction but it's my reaction nonetheless, I am soooo flipping excited for Ji Hyun unnie and the movie she's going to star in! OMG!! I've seen the anime version and I loved it coz it kicked some major a$$ so am betting this Hollywood version is going to be a blockbuster as well! Gaaahh, I'm so proud and ecstatic for Ji Hyun. I hope they get a really great writer and director and leading man. :lol:

Hey guys, did u ever watch "THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING" and "maison de himiko" ? , JJH said it was an interesting film. i'm curious about it.

Hey guys, did u ever watch "THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING" and "maison de himiko" ? , JJH said it was an interesting film. i'm curious about it.

haven't heard of these films before :)

btw, the 60secs (full version ) of her latest 17 Tea ad is now available for download at JUNJIHYUN.ORG

Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raJqk5QxVgE

Guest sonickim

ei..i've read or heard about her doin Hollywood... alright!!! two thumbs up girl!!

that is so amazing..

feeling proud for our Ji Hyun..one of my top K actress..

last time i saw her was with Daisy..hope something come up soon...

way to go Ji Hyun ssi...

ei..i've read or heard about her doin Hollywood... alright!!! two thumbs up girl!!

that is so amazing..

feeling proud for our Ji Hyun..one of my top K actress..

last time i saw her was with Daisy..hope something come up soon...

way to go Ji Hyun ssi...

she's starring in a live action remake of an anime. This is me right now :blink:

I hope it turns out better than what i'm expecting :unsure:

Guest vondunker

'Vampire' remake has life

By Jonathan Landreth

Nov 7, 2006

South Korean starlet Jun Ji-hyun will star in "Blood Vampire," the live-action English-language remake of the hit Japanese animated film, a representative for Seoul-based talent representative iHQ said Monday at the American Film Market.

"Vampire," by Hong Kong director Ronnie Yu ("Jet Li's Fearless"), is a $30 million production from Hong Kong rainmaker Bill Kong and France's Pathe Entertainment and is in preproduction.

The project is important to the efforts by iHQ, an integrated entertainment company, to bring its South Korean talent overseas, the spokesperson said.

"This is the first big-budget Hollywood film for a Korean actress speaking English in the lead role," said the spokesperson, asking not to be named.

Jun is known in Asia for roles in the Korean blockbuster "Il Mare," (remade by Warner Bros. as "The Lake House," starring Sandra Bullock) and in director Kwak Jae-yong's "My Sassy Girl" and "Windstruck."

The live-action film is based on the Oshii Mamoru anime hit about Saya (Jun), a vampire employed by the U.S. government to hunt demons in post-World War II Japan.

"Vampire" is set to start shooting in March in China and Argentina and is scheduled for release in 2008, the iHQ source said.

Production I.G., the Japanese producers of the anime original, 2000's "Blood: The Last Vampire," will receive residuals from the live-action film, the source said.

The anime original was praised for its blend of 2-D and 3-D elements. It was made with Sony's Aniplex and distributed in North America by Manga Entertainment, later spinning off a video game, a manga and plans for a TV series.

Mark Russell in Seoul contributed to this report.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...YKiENgmrw%3D%3D

Thanks for the article. Yes saw this on the news last time. I was overjoyed when i read bout this i still remembered. Cant wait for her new movie. Glad she had decided on this which the movie title already told me i'll be seeing a different JJH from her past characters. Having JJH to act out the role of SAYA was perfect. She sure carried that aura a vampire slayer has. I can imagine that she might tie her hair up in a straight long pony like she did for the cfs.. or let down her long silky hair. It'd be really cool. I just hope she could finish her english class in the US soon, or time can pass faster or instead the crew can start shooting the movie prolly in a fewk weeks. really cant wait.

ROFL! not people!!!! :lol:

NEW! OFFICIAL JEON JI HYUN FANCLUB BOOK VOLUME 1

15 SCANS

credit: shinnanda

001gc4.jpg

002tm7.th.jpg 003bp3.th.jpg 004gz8.th.jpg 005js2.th.jpg 006zh0.th.jpg 007ge4.th.jpg 008im8.th.jpg 009io7.th.jpg 010li1.th.jpg 011bd3.th.jpg 012mb7.th.jpg 013cw0.th.jpg 014ie4.th.jpg 015cj2.th.jpg

Is this on sale at anywhere??

Hello everyone! I'm new here at soompi, JJH made me sign up in this forum. :D I had trouble finding a thread dedicated to her for days though. I'm happy I found this one. I can't believe she doesn't get much recognition in this forum. Really, how can they not love this girl?! Anyway, let's keep this thread up and spread more JJH love! :)