Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

FRIEND CHOCO BISCUIT CF WITH HYUN BIN (2003)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di5wJUC99y4

SK POWER DIGITAL CF WITH YOO JAE SUKhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTHaT0A8_QM&feature=related
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6hx2r_pub-cf-jun-ji-hyun-pour-itouch-feat_music

class="node-title" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 25px; font-weight: bolder; line-height: 25px; word-wrap: break-word; padding: 5px 0px; margin: 0px 0px 8px 10px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: bottom; color: rgb(41, 90, 175); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"全智賢被封15秒妖精http://www.chinapress.com.my/node/505145

(首爾訊)韓劇《來自星星的你》熱潮未退,前日兩位主角“千頌伊”全智賢和“都敏俊”金秀賢分別在首爾出席活動。身穿冶艷低胸紅裙的全智賢,被當地傳媒形容為“15秒妖精”,指她15秒便電暈全場記者,跟她在《星星》內用15秒迷倒都敏俊親她一樣。

日前鬼祟去《星星》慶功宴的全智賢,前日終于在劇集大結局后首次大方露面,天寒地凍下,她身穿搶眼紅裙,于首爾三成洞出席rouge& lounge品牌活動,她一現身即令閃光燈閃個不停。韓國傳媒形容她跟《星星》的千頌伊一樣,有本事在15秒內令所有人為她的美貌傾倒。

>>A news report in Chinese newspaper.  It's about JJH's appearance at the rouge& lounge on 07.03.2014.  The eyes-catching phrase is that it said the Korean press described JJH is same as Cheong Song Yi, who can make people fall for her in 15 seconds.  She's so charming that the press felt dizzy after looking at her for 15 seconds.:))

From my observation in the course of my searching of her news these days, I found that the press all over the world likes her so much lol there simply no bad things about her from the press lol

[OLD NEWS] JJH and Variety Shows
2012.07.14 20:01 http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/9747/interview-jun-ji-hyun-believes-in-god-yoo-and-infinity-challenge
class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"[interview] Jun Ji Hyun Believes in ‘God Yoo’ and ‘Infinity Challenge’Add another name to the list of huge Infinity Challenge fans; Jun Ji Hyun, lead of the film The Thieves, belted out praise for MBC’s Infinity Challenge.
16719405.jpgJun Ji Hyun talked with enews in an interview held on July 12. When asked whether she had any plans to appear on variety, she said, “I want to if I get the chance. I just think there weren’t any opportunities for me.”

Jun Ji Hyun underwent a great transformation for The Thieves. She set aside her ‘Nation’s goddess’ image and became the bright misfit ′Anycall′, cursing and kissing it out on screen.

She has rarely been seen on variety due to her mysterious image, but some are speculating that she may start venturing to variety shows with her new image.

Jun Ji Hyun said on the subject, “If I do go on variety, I want to be on Infinity Challenge. I’m really sad that it’s not running anymore. Infinity Challenge will be the best choice for me, but the show shines brighter without any star guests. I’m scared I’ll ruin the show’s original colors.”

The praise continued to flow. 

“There probably aren’t any other programs that develop as much new content in Korea as Infinity Challenge. It’s great, since it releases songs, singles and character goods, donates money and brings the spotlight to unpopular [sport] events.”

I watch Infinity Challenge with my husband every week:x. I’m so sad it’s not on these days [because of the labor strike]. We always complain that there’s nothing to watch,” Jun Ji Hyun added. 
The press exclaimed that she would make Yoo Jae Suk very happy, to which the actress said, “’God Yoo’? That’s what we call him at home; God Yoo.”
http://www.soompi.com/2013/06/17/why-did-actress-jeon-ji-hyun-refuse-to-appear-on-infinity-challenge/#.UxyAWz-SySoyw740030 
June 17, 2013 
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Why Did Actress Jeon Ji Hyun Refuse to Appear on “Infinity Challenge”?

During a recent interview, PD Kim Tae Ho of Infinity Challenge” discussed how guest stars are invited to his variety show.

Kim Tae Ho stated, “There are times when the stars ask to be guests on the show. Unfortunately, we sometimes have to refuse them politely because it would not fit our show. This is possible only in ‘Infinity Challenge.’”

He also discussed how he failed to invite actress Jeon Ji Hyun. Kim Tae Ho explained, “A while back, I called Jeon Ji Hyun and asked her to appear on the show. She said that although she would love to be a guest, she found that ‘Infinity Challenge’ worked best when only the seven members appear. She explained that as a fan of the show, she did not want to ruin it by appearing as a pointless guest.”

He continued, “But Jeon Ji Hyun also said that if there was anything else she could do for the show, she would do it. I was so thankful for her advice.”

Credit : Soompi News
class="content-title" style="color: rgb(63, 63, 64); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 400; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Singer Park Ji Yoon Names Fellow Members of “Five Beauties of Gangnam” 

Five-Beauties-of-Gangnam.jpg

"The Five Beauties of Gangnam” became a topic of conversation when singer and actress Park Ji Yoon appeared on show on the March 7 episode of JTBC talk show “Witch Hunt.

She appeared on the show’s “Turn Off the Green Light” corner, being introduced by MC Shin Dong Yup as one of the “five ulzzangs of Gangnam.”

Park Ji Yoon commented shyly, “Lee Min Jung talked about it on a broadcast, so that is how the five ulzzangs of Gangnam came to be. The other four are Song Hye GyoJun Ji HyunHan Hye Jin, and Seo Ji Young.”

“Witch Hunt” then brought out graduation photographs of the five celebrities. They had clear, distinct features and looked beautiful back then even without makeup.

Actress Lee Min Jung was asked about the topic on SBS “Healing Camp” in 2012 by host Kim Je Dong. She had stated that she was not one of the five, and proceeded to name the five celebrities above.

Here’s what they look like in the present:
Five Beauties of Gangnam

Guest zechie

Yeah I wish she choose to do another kdrama again instead of a movie. I badly wanna see her every week hahhaah

[Korea JoongAng Daily](one of the 3 biggest newspaper in South Korea)

Fame sells: Product placements earn rich rewards

Actors and sports celebrities generate big rewards by their implicit endorsements

09222402.jpg
Above: Jun Ji-hyun in a Shesmiss trenchcoat. Right top: Lee Sang-hwa. Right bottom: Kim Yu-na. [NEWSIS]

Celebrities, whether famous actors or the hottest sportsmen, and product endorsements have always been close bedfellows, as was proven once again by Ellen DeGeneres’ “selfie” tweet at the Oscars last week.

But more noticeable in recent years is the economic influence of Korean celebrities that has expanded beyond the border to major overseas markets like China, on the back of the cultural phenomenon known as Hallyu, or the “Korean wave.” The products endorsed by Korean celebrities are no longer limited to fashionable clothing and luxury bags but extend even to intangible products like smartphone apps.

That trend has been reinforced by a hit Korean TV drama that recently ended, titled “My Love from the Star.”

The protagonist, Cheon Song-yi, was played by the 33-year-old actress Jun Ji-hyun. Anything she wore, used or even commented on sent ripples through related businesses in the domestic fashion market, and even to poultry farms in China and Korea.

The market is seeing a booming demand for “Cheon Song-yi fashion items,” pieces that the character wore on screen, including lipstick, bags, coats, pajamas, and more. Stocks have been exhausted, but interest remains. The head of a women’s fashion department at Lotte Department Store, Jo Hwan-sup, said, “We’ve completely sold out jackets and trench coats that Cheon Song-yi wore in the drama, and had to place additional orders.” He added, “The women’s fashion industry, which was stagnant during the last winter season, is now enjoying the “Cheon Song-yi effect.”

That effect is not only playing a role in the fashion industry but in others as well. Items she used on screen, such as cameras, smartphones, Internet messenger apps and automobiles are all drawing great attention from the public. Places that appeared on screen or are mentioned in the drama are packed with visitors. N Seoul Tower at Namsan Mountain has become a tourist attraction since she mentioned the place in the drama as a spot she wanted to visit on a date. One restaurant near Seoul City Hall has seen its patrons double since the place appeared in the drama with a hint that it had been the favorite long-time hangout of the drama’s leading male character, Doo Min-joon (played by Kim Soo-hyun, 26). 
Hwang Mi-jung from the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry noted, “A single celebrity creating an economic effect isn’t just a way of marketing but is more of an economic phenomenon in itself. Such a phenomenon is spreading with the help of advancements in information technology and the social desire to share information.”

To those who believe the phenomenon has been more effective in revitalizing the domestic market than economic measures introduced by the government, it has been tagged “Cheon Son-yi-nomics.”

The drama’s seismic waves in China have even come to the Wall Street Journal’s attention. The U.S. newspaper reported on Feb. 26 that a meal of chicken and beer has become popular in China thanks to Ms. Cheon’s taste buds. The Chinese equivalent of Twitter, Weibo, had more than 3.7 million postings related to chicken and beer while the drama was on the air. BBQ, a Korean chicken franchise with 155 stores in China, hurried to introduce chicken and beer specials on its menu there.

A manager at BBQ headquarters, Gwak Sung-kwon, said, “We saw a 30 percent increase in sales last month, including a 50 percent increase in nighttime sales. We broke a record and marked the highest sales last month since the time we entered the Chinese market.” The Chinese Xinhua News Agency reported, “Despite growing damage to poultry farms due to the wide spread of avian influenza in China, Chinese people are waiting two to three hours in line to bring chicken home. Domestic chicken sales are also recovering from the AI damage; domestic chicken franchises said that their sales have recovered to their earlier averages since last month.

Fashion and chicken are not the only industries that have seen the influence of the TV show. The mobile messenger app Line, developed by the nation’s largest web portal company, Naver, has seen downloads of its app surge in Korea since the protagonist used it on the show. Its rival, Kakao Talk, dominates the local market, and Line has always been an also-ran. Though the market shares are still lopsided, Line has amassed more than 10 million users at present, up from only about 3 million subscribers late last year. Since it appeared on the TV show, Line has been downloaded about 600,000 times a day. As of Feb. 27, the last day that the show aired, Line ranked 14th among the most popular apps downloaded from Apple’s App Store in Korea. On the same day it ranked 10th on Google Play. About 45 days ago, when the messenger app first appeared on the show, it ranked 81st in the App Store and 72nd on Google Play.

“Thanks to the product placement, we have seen our subscriptions in Korea increase significantly,” said an official at Naver. “There is more interest in our Line characters.”
Naver also introduced another product, Band, earlier on a popular cable reality show.
09222412.jpg     

<http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2986074>

id="post-7436" class="article-title" style="font-family: Vollkorn, Georgia, sans-serif; font-size: 3em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.1; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 3px 0px; padding: 0px; direction: ltr; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Star of another level id="article-subtitle" style="font-family: Vollkorn, Georgia, sans-serif; font-size: 1.4em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.1; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 3px 0px 3px 3px; padding: 0px; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 66, 118); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"02/14/2014 - ENTERTAINMENT

Even Kim Yuna can’t compete with ‘Man From Another Star’ 

man.jpg
THE SCI-FI DRAMA, WHICH STARS JUN JI-HYUN AND KIM SOO-HYUN, IS THE STORY OF A ROMANCE BETWEEN AN ALIEN AND AN ACTRESS. (NEWSIS).

“Man From Another Star,” Korea’s current ratings darling, proved again its popularity with higher marks for its ‘Program Engagement Index’, or PEI, than any other show on the air.

According to Korea Broadcast Advertising Corporation’s study of PEIs from the month of January, “Man From Another Star” scored 148.3, 1.2 points higher than the perennially beloved variety program “Infinity Challenge.”

In comparison, the Korea Figure Skating Championships 2014, where Kim Yuna once again dominated the event with first-place wins, scored 134.6 during the women’s single short program and 132.2 during the free skating program.

The sci-fi drama, which stars Jun Ji-hyun and Kim Soo-hyun, is the story of a romance between an alien and an actress. It averaged a nationwide viewers’ rating of 24 percent in January, according to AGB Nielsen.

The PEI is released monthly by KOBACO and aims to research the value of a television program based on viewers’ engagement with the show. The January data was collected through an online survey with 8,419 viewers aged 13 to 59 who watched programs on KBS2, MBC and SBS.

Source: The Korean Times (The no.1 Korean-American Community Newspaper)
http://www.koreatimesus.com/?p=7436

Guest queeniet

LOL it's weird but i heard she said somewhere in an interview that she didn't intend to be that mystery. so she is very aware of the fact that she's a mystery kind of actress.i think she just keep her life very private. her husband grandma said that she's very quiet and seem lonely at times because she don't go out much and study during her spare time. but i think she changed a lot after she's married, she's a lot more confident in interviews and take more projects and appear in the public more than usual. let's hope after this drama success, she will appear in more show. i just love her so much , is it too much to ask for moarrr of her?

Guest ilikemangoss

queeniet said: LOL it's weird but i heard she said somewhere in an interview that she didn't intend to be that mystery. so she is very aware of the fact that she's a mystery kind of actress.i think she just keep her life very private. her husband grandma said that she's very quiet and seem lonely at times because she don't go out much and study during her spare time. but i think she changed a lot after she's married, she's a lot more confident in interviews and take more projects and appear in the public more than usual. let's hope after this drama success, she will appear in more show. i just love her so much , is it too much to ask for moarrr of her?

Hallyu and politics don’t mix

11-Mar-2014
The megahit drama “My Love From the Star” has rekindled Hallyu, or the Korean Wave - the international popularity of Korean celebrities and entertainment programs - in China. The drama’s leading actor, Kim Soo-hyun, who plays an aloof, intelligent, cool and lovable alien who has lived in Korea for more than 400 years and who falls in love with a haughty top actress, enjoys A-list celebrity status in China due to the drama’s immense popularity. 

He was whisked away on a chartered jet to Nanjing over the weekend amid tight security and was paid more than 3 million yuan ($489,617) to appear on Jiangsu Satellite TV’s reality show “Super Brain.” Tickets for the show were selling for as much $4,800. Jun Ji-hyun, who plays the sassy actress Cheon Song-yi, also created a splash with Chinese women rushing to buy the clothes she wore on the show and eat her favorite meal - fried chicken with beer. One woman reportedly had a heart attack watching the show. The drama rejuvenated the Korean Wave, which had ebbed slightly after Psy’s horse-riding dance steps in “Gangnam Style.” 

The drama’s sensation was not just the talk of the town in China; it spilled over to the political scene as well. Members of the powerful People’s Political Consultative Conference discussed the lack of such creative and phenomenal China-made TV dramas and shows during a two-day session on the sidelines of the National People’s Congress. During the meeting, Wang Qishan, secretary of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection, posed a question to his colleagues: “Why can’t we make TV dramas as good as the Koreans? I thought on this and I finally came to understand. The power of the Korean drama is in its application of traditional values and culture.” 

The craze over the soap opera had even the Washington Post wondering after it witnessed the discussions at China’s most important and biggest political event. The newspaper reported that the popularity of the Korean drama hurt the pride of the Chinese leaders - who have long believed their country to be the hotbed of East Asian culture - and gave them a moment for soul-searching about creativity standards in overall popular culture.... 

JoongAng Ilbo, March 10, Page 34(http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2986149)

[Newsmaker] ‘My Love’ signals K-drama revival
The Korea Herald  Entertainment  Television  Published : 2014-03-10 20:48

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140310001393

There is a news article written in Chinese in Korea's JOONGANG DAILY (one of the 3 biggest newspaper in Korea)
translated title: "Why women are obsessed with Jun Ji Hyun?(06 March 2014)

Title in Chinese: "女人們為何對全智賢狂熱?"

Summary:

1.      Everything she used/ ate/ mentioned in the drama become mega-sale both inside and outside Korea.

2.      Business Professionals/ researchers try to explain the phenomenon:-
(i)                 Through this drama, JJH’s original elegant image is mixed with a friendly image.  She is a goddess at the same time has an image that is close and kind to audience.
(ii)               She is not only gorgeous but she could also carry all fashion (be it high or not) very well.
(iii)             She has the power to upgrade the image of the otherwise less classy products (like people may wonder why would she be the ambassadors of those products in the beginning, then eventually people would think that products become high-class as well).
(iv)              JJH is the dream actress for the advertising industries and her image and temperament is irreplaceable.
(v)                Her image is even better after marriage – more stable;
(vi)              Women simply want to be her and so they would imitate her.(vii) Brands ranging from communication services, cosmetics, food / beverages etc want to hire her as spokesperson.  Fashion industry is in particular fond of her.

3.      Co-workers/ Professionals in the entertainment industry:-
(i)                 JJH received very high opinions of her acting;
(ii)               She is very professional and she would get well prepared and present you the best.
(iii)             She is universally loved (young or old).
(iv)              Her stars’ characteristics are irreplaceable.
(v)                She has administered herself well.
(vi)              Her success is due to her sincerity.  Her sincerity lets her shines.

<Source: http://chinese.joins.com/big5/article.do?method=detail&art_id=116531&category=003004>

Guest agie1430292211

loyun said:

There is a news article in Chinese titled "Why women are obsessed with Jun Ji Hyun?

"女人們為何對全智賢狂熱?"

Summary:

1.      Everything she used/ ate/ mentioned in the drama become mega-sale both inside and outside Korea.

(i)                 Through this drama, JJH’s original elegant image is mixed with a friendly image.  She is a goddess at the same time has an image that is close and kind to audience.
(ii)               She is not only gorgeous but she could also carry all fashion (be it high or not) very well.
(iii)             She has the power to upgrade the image of the otherwise less classy products (like people may wonder why would she be the ambassadors of those products in the beginning, then eventually people would think that products become high-class as well).
(iv)              JJH is the dream actress for the advertising industries and her image and temperament is irreplaceable.
(vi)              Women simply want to be her and so they would imitate her.(vii) Brands ranging from communication services, cosmetics, food / beverages etc want to hire her as spokesperson.  Fashion industry is in particular fond of her.

(ii)               She is very professional and she would get well prepared and presented you the best.
(vi)              Her success is due to her sincerity.  Her sincerity lets her shines.

http://chinese.joins.com/big5/article.do?method=detail&art_id=116531&category=003004

agie said: loyun said:

There is a news article in Chinese titled "Why women are obsessed with Jun Ji Hyun?

"女人們為何對全智賢狂熱?"

Summary:

(ii)               She is very professional and she would get well prepared and presented you the best.

http://chinese.joins.com/big5/article.do?method=detail&art_id=116531&category=003004

Kim Soo-Hyun and Jun Ji-Hyun, the most stars to travel with

SHARE twitter20.png facebook20.png 2014/03/11(Tue) 13:53
8886_1.jpg

Kim Soo-Hyun and Jun Ji-Hyun were selected as the stars whom people want to travel with. According to the survey conducted by marriage bureau Duo, Kim Soo-Hyun and Jun Ji-Hyun were selected as the most stars to travel with. Kim Soo-Hyun was selected for the top by 44.4% of an approval rating among women. G-Dragon won the second, and Ha Jung-Woo won the third. Jun Ji-Hyun was selected for the top by 32.1%. Miss A Suzy won the second, and 4Minute Hyun-Ah became the third. Kim Soo-Hyun and Jun Ji-Hyun from ‘My Love From the Star’ went to the top together, proving the popularity of the drama. Kim Soo-Hyun and Jun Ji-Hyun performed the role of a couple, becoming the top actors in 2014. :)>-
(source: http://www.innolife.com/list.php?ac_id=3&ai_id=8886)