Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

overrated - mnikss

underrated - ressurection, lovers in prague

to all the ppl who says full house is sooo overrated...

full house was the very first kdrama i watched...i didnt even know who bi or song hye kyo was nor i had any idea wat the story was gonna be about..i just dled it cuz i read in another forum that it was really good...well i must say nothing has ever topped it on my charts yet.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... well just from the top of my head... but just a note that just because I say they are overrated doesn't mean I don't like them or watch them. I've been pretty obsessed with MISA, Autumn Story, Full House and Lovers in Paris. :lol: Overrated or not, I love a korean drama, I'm entertained easily, don't get that bored often. XD

Overrated:

- I'm Sorry, I Love You (MISA)

- Stairway to Heaven

- Autumn Story

- My Name is Kim Sam Soon

- Goong

- My Girl

- Full House

- Lovers in Paris

Underrated

- Which Star Are You From

- 18 vs 29

- Fashion 70s

- Green Rose

- Hello, God!

- Goodbye to Sadness. <3

- Oh! Pil Seung

Was "Firebird/Phoenix (불새)" really overrated? I mean that was one of the first korean dramas that got me hooked on korean dramas in general (although I had started watching k-dramas long before that). I just didn't add 불새 to my list because I'm not sure what to put it under..

Guest geekerd

Hi everyone!

In my opinion, I find any drama starring Bae Yong Jun is kind of overrrated. I know I'll probably get a lot of flak from his strong supporters (pardon me!) but I find the characters he's played so far are one-dimensional and so boring. You always so perfect and you know he'll get the girl for sure! I watched Hotelier and i really love it but not because of BYJ's character but more because of Kim Seung Woo (the second hero). I was even rooting that he would end up with the heroine!

One main factor that is of outmost importance to me when deciding to watch any Korean drama is the chemistry between the two leads. They don't have to be the most good-looking people but they should possess a certain aura (X-factor) which can make me sit up and pay attention.

In any case, here's my list:

Underrrated:

18:29 - it's such a fun series and the two leads have great comedic timing.

Lovers in Prague - the sheer chemistry of Jeon Do Yeon and Kim Joo Hyuk. These mature actors may not have hearthrob looks but they possess that aura that lights up the whole series.

Hotelier - only because of Kim Seung Woo

Which star are you from? -I've tried watching Attic Cat and didn't like Kim Rae Won's potrayal of the main protagonist. But then I watched WSAYF and am now just starting to appreciate his talent.

Overrated:

Full House (The kissing scene is such an ANTI-CLIMAX!)

Winter Sonata, Autumn in My Heart (too cliche)

My Girl (too over- the-top)

:)

Guest tengteng

I think I've posted before but I'm not too sure where's the post, so I think I'll posted again.

OVERRATED:

Love story in Harvard

Seriously, I don't think this drama deserves the attention it got(at least on soompi).

There's no plot, the english is horrible, and the actors(at least for this drama) cannot act to save the show.

The last court case was a great disappointment. I was expecting more.

Full House

Personally, I think if the scriptwriters edited some parts here and there, it would be better. There's too much fighting, making up and eating. A few times is alright, but throughtout the show?? That's too much. I was shocked that I even actually finished the whole drama, when I thought the drama already was dragging at episode 4. But I did like Bi calling SHG names. I like the OST too.

Goong

I only watch this because of Kim Jung Hoon. I prefer YEH in X-man.(Pity she quit) For me, the drama went downhill after KJH dyed his hair to black(It's his fault?? :huh: ) And one more thing, I hate the kiss scene. It's a draggy show, they shouldn't have lengthen it.

Lovers in Paris

I just don't like it. The ending was very confusing too.

UNDERRATED:

A love to Kill

Ok, I'm not too sure either, since many people put it as overrated. I think it cause quite a hype when the dram was announced, but the rating is quite low? Yes, the beginning was slow, and I was regretting buying this drama, but I got hooked from the 3rd episode onwards. I feel that Bi's acting is really good, maybe even better than some full time actors. Ijuksa made me like Bi alot. However, the ending was real sucky. But I love the OST.

Sassy Girl ChunHyang

I think it's a fun plot though it's was slightly draggy at a certain part and I can't satnd the second male lead. He's so irritating.

My girl

Considering that Goong was overrated made me feel that MG is underrated. I love the plot, and the acting is good.

UNDERRATED

Fantasy Couple was so underrated.. only the last two episodes reached the 20% mark.. why is it that people have only noticed how great this drama is when it's gonna end already? :( IT'S SUCH A FUN DRAMA TO WATCH!

• 2 weeks later...

Overrated

- Lovers in Paris - The ending sucked.. BIG TIME.

- IJUKSA - I watched it for Bi.. but man, did the drama fall down hill in the last half. It all seemed so pointless.

- DGCH - Booooooooooooring.

- Autumn in my Heart - Blah.

And many other dramas that have already been mentioned: Goong, My Girl, Full House.

Underrated

- Bad Family - It was so enjoyable to watch. A pity it's not that popular among soompiers

- Fantasy Couple - This drama ROCKS! It's fun and witty. A must watch. :)

- Please Come Back Soon-Ae - This drama was so popular in Korea.. I found it quite enjoyable.

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

I like someone's definition of being overrated- a drama that did not live up to its hype. I don't think FH is overrated because w/ a typical plot like the one it had (argue, make-up, argue... cycle continues) the chemistry between the two main characters definitely lived up to the hype.

I can't remember if I responded in this thread or not, so here's another [updated] list:

OVERRATED

1. Goong- I liked the storyline because it was the "cinderella" love story that every girl loves, but they dragged it for too long and I hated CY's undecidedness at the end when it was obvious that she loved him. However, they're acting did improve as the drama progressed

2. MNIKSS- I don't understand how it's believable or realistic. The dialogues are realistic and the ending was realistic, but a hot, rich and successful 20 something year old guy falling in love w/ an overweight, 30 something year old woman? I have yet to see that happen in real life.

3. Love Story In Harvard- The chemistry between the two leads was exceptional, but KTH's acting and the plot was not.

UNDERRATED

1. Spring Waltz- I actually thought it had more plot and a very interesting storyline, but I did not see chemistry between the two leads.

2. Sassy Girl Chun-yang- again, another cliche plot of bickering and making-up, but the two main leads made it fresh and entertaining to watch.

the one that is super duper overrated is Goong!!!! It wasn't even that great. It was okay only... A typical Korean drama, nothing more.... My Girl is way way better!!!

4 me, i think MISA is overrated. i wasn't even touched, as for i'm known as the 'cryer' among my friends.

Fantasy Couple is way too underrated. It has a unique plot, good act, definitely made me laugh and cry.

overrated:

Full House.

i think people only liked it b/c they secretly with they get 'contracted' into living with a star in a big house with a super successful business man & super star falling in love with you

i like A love to kill..mostly b/c it was sad :P

Goong: i liked it when i watched it..but after watching it again..it was alright. kim jeong hoon<3

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sweetnshort

overrated: lovers in paris - it's so boring and they main leads are ugly

underrated: right now all that i can think of is "snow queen," the plot and leads are all awesome, but the ratings in korea are only like like than 10%????

Guest septembermoon16

interesting... i was really surprised by what was placed under the over-rated and under-rated category...

MISA - NOT at ALL overrated. if anything it deserves much more attention since its prob one of the best K-dramas. Both So Ji Sub and Im Soo Jung gave a superb performance!

Bless those who saw the emptiness of Goong. this is prob one of the most over-rated dramas. lets hope Goong S doesn't continue the craziness. :ph34r:

more to add:

Over-rated

the entire 4 season (Winter Sonata, Autumn in my Heart, Summer Scent, Spring Waltz)

they're all basically the SAME!!!

Love Story at Harvard -- plot, characters, actros, all thumbs-down

Lovers in Paris - other then PSY this drama should never have been made -- echoing what others have said earlier -the ending SUCKED!

Under-rated

Snow Queen - sweetnshort's got a point, this is a really enjoyable watch, yet very low ratings...???

Ireland - very few pple have even heard of the drama! its got a lot to recommend however, but its def not a simple plot... hmm.. that might explain it

Guest STR8UPGSTATUS

OVERRATED

2. MNIKSS- I don't understand how it's believable or realistic. The dialogues are realistic and the ending was realistic, but a hot, rich and successful 20 something year old guy falling in love w/ an overweight, 30 something year old woman? I have yet to see that happen in real life.

Agreed.

Archived