Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

totally pro FFXII battle system.

it simply rocks

i hated random battles with broken screen catch and all dat shiet... -___-

here all is fast

gambits are really useful when u know your business

and i'm at 90 hours of game -____- (god i hate that tower lool)

licence board is ok for me. it's like u really have to train for having the ability to use an object (ok its stoopid for armor and accessories) but after 40h, u don't give a richard simmons about your LP.

anyway i just heart dat FF :blush:

::waiting for FF versus XIII :

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest firelogic

The battle system is great! Not having random encounters and battling monsters seamlessly on the field was a great addition to the game. Fighting is a lot more fun and once you have access to gambits, you set one character to heal and you don't even have to worry about health. Just attack and throw in a spell here and there. Fighting is actual fun now and not tedious where you just hit X then X then X.

People keep saying the gambit system makes the game play itself but they are totally wrong. Setting up the proper gambits and obtaining the right licenses takes a lot of thought and time.

I'm loving the game A LOT more than FFX.

im about 20 hours in and this has already become my favorite Final Fantasy game. I'm enjoying it more and more as the hours pass by, and I could never say that for most of the rpgs I've played on any system. Rocket Slime, FFIII and this...thanks square enix.

This and Wild Arms are my two personal faves.

p.s, the coolest moogles ever.

Guest Take Five

i'm not very far in the game at all but i'm wondering, is there really a difference between the sphere grid system and license system? from what i've seen from the tutorial, they seem almost the same.

anyway, i like it so far. it feels like an MMORPG but slower. i like how the game tells you who you can and can't talk to, instead of talking to everyone like in the old games lol. the camera bothers me but it's nothing you can't get used to.

i'm not very far in the game at all but i'm wondering, is there really a difference between the sphere grid system and license system? from what i've seen from the tutorial, they seem almost the same.

anyway, i like it so far. it feels like an MMORPG but slower. i like how the game tells you who you can and can't talk to, instead of talking to everyone like in the old games lol. the camera bothers me but it's nothing you can't get used to.

well the differences between the sphere grid and the license system from what i see is ... the sphere grid only that person can use those spells unless you unlock the other persons grid than you can access that grid to learn new spells

the license system is basically you learn new spells and armor / weapons so you can use them

Guest iEatPowder

Is there a use for all the loot other than to sell it and make money? (ie. make new usable items by combining loot). I understand there's a use for teleport stones but is there use for rat/wolf pelts, wool drabs, cactus fruit, wind/fire/earth/water stones etc.? Or should I just sell them all?

Guest AnimeNgel0120

I was wondering if there was any way to make the battle system work so that I wont have to wait for that bar to fill? :o I hate that T.T

I feel SO ashamed to ask this too but...

does anyone else have trouble beating the tomato thing that the guy sent you to kill?? T_T I just cant beat it LOL..I hate myself for this -__- I mean I beat FFX in like 2 weeks and I cant even beat one of the really early missons in this game >.< its so shameful lol...

Guest iEatPowder

I was wondering if there was any way to make the battle system work so that I wont have to wait for that bar to fill? :o I hate that T.T

does anyone else have trouble beating the tomato thing that the guy sent you to kill?? T_T I just cant beat it LOL..I hate myself for this -__- I mean I beat FFX in like 2 weeks and I cant even beat one of the really early missons in this game >.< its so shameful lol...

waiting for bars to fill is what ff battles are all about :sweatingbullets: Level up some if you can't beat the tomato =P

I reaallly liked

FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX

FFX was decent for me as well as FFX-2

I got into KH for a while too

iono i have KH2 but i havent really gotten around to playing it

iono after Devil May Cry 3, KH2 seems like =/ to me

I have no clue whether or not i'm gonna buy FFXII

Maybe i'll see if i can rent it or something and then see

i keep wasting money nowadays =0

Guest Chisame

Forget about Rogue Tomato for a bit and focus on the wolves to level up. You'll also get LP points to use for equipments and skills/augments which pwn gaining levels anyway. There's also a village nearby if you need to take a break and heal Vaan/save/buy potions, etc.

Also, if you need to, run away and heal yourself using the cure spell. Running around will fill up your MP bar too.

Guest AirMaxFiend

If you don't want to wait as long, put the battle system on Active and the fastest battle speed.

Leveling up is so much more fun in this game than any other FF. My highest chain has been 240 something. I'm at Raithwall's Tomb right now. Before that I leveled off those sand people for around 4 hours. I like the LB more than the sphere grid. With the sphere grid you'd have to use points to back track and that was annoying, here you can go where you like. I might actually beat this game, the last FF I beat was FF7, unless you count FFTactics.

Do you guys recommend going after the +HPs and Gambits on the license boards?

There's just so much stuff to get and so little LP I don't know where to start. I think I'll stay away from the technicks for now.

this is what i mean about grinding for LP so you can get some of the stuff you wanna or need to get...right now thats what i am planning on doing is just grind for LP so i can have enough to get some of the spells i need and just sell the junk they drop for gil

Guest philmein

My friend, who played this in Japan last year, told me there's a monster, similar to all those super monsters like EMerald and Ruby, who has over 8 million HP. It literally took him 10 hours to kill. Goddamn, I really want this game and A PS2

Guest iEatPowder

Is there a use for all the loot other than to sell it and make money? (ie. make new usable items by combining loot). I understand there's a use for teleport stones but is there use for rat/wolf pelts, wool drabs, cactus fruit, wind/fire/earth/water stones etc.? Or should I just sell them all?

anyone know yet?

Guest EYJAYJAY

^ive just been selling them, especially the bone pieces. i spent 2 hrs in the mine to level up and gather those items to sell for better weapons. ive been saving the various stones just in case i'll need them later on.

Awesome, I passed that part now so happy, I was nervous like HELL when I was running away T_T running alway from it was a PAIN!!! My chara were killing one by one I didn't think I can make it you know....now I'm on the airship can't beat the judge maybe because my lvl is still low I think I will train for a bit until I try to fight the judge again lol

it took me like (if i remember correctly) 40 min to 'beat' the judge. i just stayed alive long enough and he 'died' so apparently there's a time limit. i do wish i couldve beaten him though but im also happy to be alive as it took me a lot of complicated thinking on what to do for each move to stay alive.. (2 characters alive Vann and Fran, each with around 100hp and 8mp just enough for cure or basic black magic)

i've only played ff7 before this one but im cool with the battle system (camera sucks though when you get up close by accident).. storyline is also pretty good so far although i do wish they have better characters for us to use (i dont want to use all 'humans' and i also dislike vann)

^ Yeah I agree there is a time limit, but I don't think its 40 minutes though. I had him down to about 20% then the battle just ended.

I'm at Raithwall's Tomb too but that stupid flying fire bird thing whooped my butt on my first attempt to battle it. I think I'm gonna need a couple hours of leveling and to get better equipment.

Guest AnimeNgel0120

Forget about Rogue Tomato for a bit and focus on the wolves to level up. You'll also get LP points to use for equipments and skills/augments which pwn gaining levels anyway. There's also a village nearby if you need to take a break and heal Vaan/save/buy potions, etc.

Also, if you need to, run away and heal yourself using the cure spell. Running around will fill up your MP bar too.

magic??? I don't have any T.T I had magic at the begining of the game..I was like.."where did all my stuff go!!" lol XP and the big t-rex always kills me I can never get anywhere to really find the tomato =[[ and when I train I always have to heal and then I to buy more potions and then I run out of money..its too hard I swear..lol not fair.. :tears::(

Archived