Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Guest annasophiabby

yuuqiikeke said: @Mishiellie Oh yes it is the tight white pants.... I forgot I have actually watched him in baker king before that. :P Thank you for the information! :D Can't wait for october and his movie! :)

@annasophiabby I'm doing fine too! :) Just that my homework is piling up. :P:(

Guest Mishiellie

Mishiellie said:

annasophiabby wrote: »

Hello erbody! How are all of you doing?

loving the latest picture posts/articles..

whats everyone been up to? 

@annasophiabby HELLOO!' i am doing well.. i was planning to translate some articles.. but due to thunder store.. i have a power outage

thundrstorm?? lucky. where i live atm we dont get thunderstorms....i really miss them living back in mexico we'd get them ALL the time. they became a lullaby for me. But yes having a power outage is a major downside to thunderstorms hahah!

Although I loved CJH role for Wol Ryung, i think he's smart in trying to not give feed to that otherwise he will forever be known and stuck in that role and when he attempts other roles people might not be as convinced. dont get me wrong, he will forever be Wol ryung, HAHA but im also excited as to what other crazy roles he can do. right now im watching i need romance, and i like his character in this one too. idk! im excited for what projects he has ahead.

same here.. Wol Ryung will forever have a special place in my heart.. and i am super excited for his character in Heirs.. i imagine a sexy one haha....and i loved him in i need romance! thats when i fell for him

Guest Megamissy

I am wondering Choi Jin Hyuk he's such a good actor why is he not famous and he always play the second lead.This guy has good look and a fantastic body with good voice and acting skill, I thought maybe many Korean directors are blind.I fell in love with this actor when I watch < My daughter the flower> he is able to express his feeling so well on screen,this drama has 100+ episodes but I am not tired of watching. Happy to see that he's being appreciated now and getting more meaty roles,hope one day he be an A-list star.I am sure viewers will for in love with him in drama Heirs he's one of the best actor I ever seen in Kdramaland.

Guest Mishiellie

@Megamissy HELO and Welcomeee >:D<

yes our hyukhyuk just.didnt have the best of luck getting discovered and recognized for his talent!

hope to see you more often!!!

Guest Megamissy

He deserves to be famous after 7 years staying at the side line,his endurance and passion as an actor paid off in 2013 and more years,in future be lead a actor not second fiddle.,I keep my finger cross he will carry the role as Lee Minho's bro very well in Heirs,I have seen him in <My daughter the flower> starting he was a very cold and a snobbish man and later he became a loving one woman man till the end.

Guest JAYwalkers

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[iNTERVIEW] Actor Choi Jin-hyukPosted on 2013/07/09 by Jessica Kim in CELEBS2013070910283011570-615x409.jpg
Actor Choi Jin-hyuk poses during a photo shoot with TenAsia. [TenAsia/Gue Hye-jung]
kiom125_2322430313012452793.jpg?type=w50

It was the first jackpot in a while. The casting of actor Choi Jin-hyuk to MBC drama “Kang Chi, the Beginning” which ended two weeks ago, was a lucky bet for both Choi and the show itself. And although viewers may not be familiar with him, Choi has been around for quite a long time. After debuting through KBS’s “Survival Star Audition” in 2006, he has played a variety of characters on the small screen. Yet this was the first time he left a strong impression. Originally having aspired to become a singer, he also sang one of the original soundtracks to the show and it topped several music charts. TenAsia heard everything Choi had to say about his character Weol-ryeong.

Q. Did you know when you were filming the show that your character Weol-ryeong would receive so much attention?

Choi Jin-hyuk : Well… I thought that the drama would do well but I didn’t know people would like my character Weol-ryeong so much. I think it’s because my character was fused into a well-made drama.

Q. You made a brief appearance but left a strong impression. You must’ve felt pressured to do well in your own way.

Choi: There wasn’t a single scene that was ordinary (laughs). So I told myself that I should just do as much as I can do, instead of trying too hard because I didn’t want to make viewers feel uncomfortable. I just told myself that I should act with as much ease as I can.

Q. You appeared in episodes one and two of the show which usually determine how successful a drama will become, yet immediately grabbed attention. I think producers were taking somewhat of a risk in adding a new character.

Choi: I would’ve felt the same way too. Placing an unverified character at the start of a drama is basically like gambling. And Weol-ryeong in particular went through many changes but I think the director coached me well in where I needed to do more or less so it made the drama look good.

Q. The scene where Weol-ryeong sobs when Seo-hwa dies in episode 21 is considered one of the most memorable scenes of “Kang Chi.”

Choi: I remember crying all night on set. I’m not good at pretending to cry so I usually tend to cry for real when I act. And for that scene, I cried for almost eight hours, till I was exhausted. I felt really sad afterwards as well and I got a bad headache so I had to take some painkillers.

Q. Weol-ryeong was a very masculine character, from his low voice to the serious vibe he gave off. Are you actually like that too?

Choi: The times that I’ve been told I did okay are when the characters I played were close to the actual me. I injected a lot of the actual me into Weol-ryeong as well, which is why I think I looked natural. There are affectionate and playful sides to me but I do like to be serious.

2013070910324912485-320x452.jpg 

Q. Does all of this still seem surreal to you?

Choi: From the moment episode 21 went out till the next morning, my name was the No. 1 trending keyword on the Internet which has never happened in my life before. I was also extremely surprised when I was told I topped 10 music charts with my song. They’re feelings I hadn’t ever felt before so it hasn’t sunk in yet.

Q. I heard that a lot of other programs such as variety shows want you on their shows.

Choi: A lot of variety shows in particular have asked but I still feel cautious to. And it’s not because I’ve become big-headed but Weol-ryeong is a character that I won’t forget for the rest of my life so I’d like viewers to remember me as Weol-ryeong for just a bit longer.

Q. You must also notice your heightened popularity because of the new fan sites that have come about.

Choi: It seems like my fans want me to leave comments so I do after hours of serious thought. I may write only a few lines but it’s a huge deal to me. (Shows bracelet on wrist) I got this bracelet from a fan recently as well and I wear it everyday these day.

Q. Do you think having been an unknown actor for several years had helped with your acting?

Choi: Of course. I also don’t think I would be as thankful if I hadn’t gone through any difficulties. I went through much trial and error, got scolded on set, cried, and gradually improved as an actor. I notice the change as well so it makes me happy.

Q. You shed a few tears recently while talking about those past days on Park Kyung-lim’s radio show.

Choi: Park is actually almost like a mother to me. She had helped me out a lot since the beginning of my acting career so it was surprising and moving that I was on a show that she hosts. I pinched myself so many times that day to stop myself from crying.

Q. You’ve also been cast in scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook’s “The Heirs” (translated title) for your next project.

Choi: The writer called me as soon as she saw the first two episodes of “Kang Chi.” I think I’m just somehow very lucky this year (laughs). I’m very attracted to my new role because I get to play the executive president of a major company which I’ve also wanted to do.

Q. Are you planning to change your image in future projects?

Choi: I want to play a few more manly roles. I’ll probably shoot two films on top of the drama so I think I’ll be very busy.

Reporter. Jang Seo Yoon ciel@tenasia.co.kr
Photographer. Gue Hye Jung photonine@tenasia.co.kr
Translator. Jessica Kim

credit:tenasia

Guest annasophiabby

Mishiellie said:

annasophiabby

wrote:

»

Mishiellie said:<br />

<br />

<br />

annasophiabby wrote: »<br />

Hello erbody! How are all of you doing?<br />

<br />

<br />

loving the latest picture posts/articles..<br />

<br />

<br />

whats everyone been up to? <br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

@annasophiabby

HELLOO!' i am doing well.. i was planning to translate some articles.. but due to thunder store.. i have a power outage <br />

<br />

<br />

thundrstorm?? lucky. where i live atm we dont get thunderstorms....i really miss them living back in mexico we'd get them ALL the time. they became a lullaby for me. But yes having a power outage is a major downside to thunderstorms hahah!<br />

Although I loved CJH role for Wol Ryung, i think he's smart in trying to not give feed to that otherwise he will forever be known and stuck in that role and when he attempts other roles people might not be as convinced. dont get me wrong, he will forever be Wol ryung, HAHA but im also excited as to what other crazy roles he can do. right now im watching i need romance, and i like his character in this one too. idk! im excited for what projects he has ahead.

Omo he had 50 cuts for the ending crying scene and for 8 hours?! That is really impressive! :) so proud of him :D But his eyes must be really swollen after all that crying. :( poor hyukhyuk. :(

Will go home and read the interview! Thanks @JAYwalkers!

Here is a link to character description of the drama Heirs. Not sure if you guys started to visit Heirs thread. :P The character(Kim Won) our hyukhyuk is playing will be the president of the empire group, half-brother to Kim Tan an is dating a high school teacher. It seems that his character is quite lonely(to me) coz his mum is dead and his dad is living with his second wife. :(       http://koalasplayground.com/2013/07/08/full-character-chart-for-heirs-reveals-plot-set-up-and-krystal-of-fx-joins-the-cast/Credit to ockoala

Guest El6ni12 .

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and I am so happy Choi Jin Hyuk has thousands of fans across the globe. I am so sad that I joined this forum so late!!! (like 65 pages of wall posts - late), but that is okay because I want to be a part of this dedicated thread of fans and support him all the way
:x

You guys are great in keeping up to date with CJH's latest activity and interview translating. I fell for him since I need Romance and Tone Deaf Clinic, but as Gu Wol Ryeong he was so amazing and so HOT that I am extremely looking forward to the Heirs series and see what he will surprise us with next!!

Looking forward to posting with you all!!