Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Guest VyLeTtE

An old article from The Korean Times: (thanks to man13dy of asianfanatics)

Rain Gets Ready to Pour It On

By Han Eun-jung

Staff Reporter

In the last three years since starting out as a back-up dancer for singer Park Ji-yoon, Rain has show K-pop nothing but nonstop action.

His first song, ``Bad Guy (Napun Namja),'' was a sensation that took him to all the major local award ceremonies, many of which honored him with best new artist awards.

His following recording efforts didn't fail to deliver. ``How to Run From the Sun (Taeyangul Pihanun Pangbop),'' his first single from the sophomore recording, and ``It's Raining'' from his third album of the same title dominated the charts at No. 1 for weeks.

So it is pretty much safe to say Rain's career has been heading in only one direction _ up.

Geographically, the situation is a bit more complicated as his career has taken the singer everywhere. With Korea pretty much covered, last year Rain officially started to make his way into Japan to the east and China to the west.

Just last month Rain performed alongside American diva Mariah Carey and Japanese superstar Amuro Namie at the MTV Video Music Awards Japan 2005, held at NK Hall in Tokyo.

Not only was he invited as a performing artist but the 23-year-old singer was there to pick up the ``Best Buzz Asia from Korea'' award.

With the exception of J-pop outfits, Rain was the only other singer from the Asian region. The line-up that night included Ashanti, Hoobastank and Jamiroquai.

Rain performed ``It's Raining,'' the title track from his most recent album.

Other international guest artists in the show include American singer Ashanti and rock band Hoobas Tank, and British band Jamiroquai.

Hong Kong-based daily Mingbao, reported in April that the results to an online poll showed that Chinese Internet users ranked Rain the fifth most popular South Korean celebrity. Actors Song Seung-hun and Bae Yong-joon were among those ranked ahead of him.

``What I've learned from my experiences performing is that I can't be performing lost in the thought that `Oh. I am hot,''' he told the Yonhap News Agency in an interview backstage of the recent MTV Video Music Awards Japan. ``What I do is try to get the party started by working with the audience.''

Rain had already been honored with a guest spot at MTV Asia Aid earlier this spring.

Having pocketed two MTV honors already all he needs is to score at next month's MTV Music Video Awards China to be the first Asian performer to achieve a grand slam.

Rain said that he plans to work hard but his hopes are high.

``Being the first Asian MTV grand slammer would guarantee my popularity here. My chances of making appearances on American MTV would then be greater,'' he said.

Rain is currently recording his next album, set for release in November according to his agency, JYP Entertainment.

The album will be released simultaneously in South Korea and Japan. However, unlike his Japanese debut album, ``It's Raining,'' his second album up for release, will include some different tracks from the one that will hit local record stores.

In the meantime, the singer is set to go to China, where he will hold a showcase and a news conference on July 1 in Beijing, timed with the Chinese release of ``It's Raining.'' He will then head to Hong Kong for another showcase and news conference on July 3.

Then, Rain will go to Japan for concerts in Tokyo on July 30 and 31 and in Osaka on Aug. 3 and 4.

All 11,000 tickets to the Tokyo leg of his ``Rainy Day'' tour sold out in under 30 seconds when the box office opened on the morning of June 10.

His Osaka concerts look as if they will sell out soon said JYP Entertainment.

Rain, who has given impressive performances in two TV dramas, ``Sangduya Haggyo Kaja'' in 2003 and ``Full House'' in 2004, has chosen his next acting role.

Rain will star opposite Ko So-young in the miniseries ``Motoen Sarang,'' which is slated to premiere in September on MBC.

Given the fact that his performance in Full House won him with the Best Actor Award at the KBS Acting Awards, fans are already wondering how Rain will portraying his character, the rich pompous Yong-ki, who falls in love with In-jong (Ko).

ejh09@koreatimes.co.kr

06-14-2005 19:04

>>>>>for translation of all of bi's songs... (korean, romanization, translation... there are other artists in there also just click HOME)

http://aheeyah.com/lyrics/bi/bi.htm (credits : Loveangel of asianfanatics)

bangkok10qy.jpg

>>>>> bi in bangkok he's the one in blue bonet :) eyes covered... the ring he's wearing was given by his mum.... (credits : Loveangel of asianfanatics)

ticketgylgjbroxy3c5hw.jpg

>>>>> this is how the HK concert tickets look like (credits : Loveangel of asianfanatics)

10581211b3fb4ex.jpg

>>>>> dunno who the girl is? hehe (credits : Sweetangel of asianfanatics)

htm200404182319450700000703000.jpg

>>>>> hehehe bi with usher.... when i saw this pic first i didnt even notice usher!!!! of course when there's a pic i look for bi first hehehe... i just noticed usher when the message said so... (credits : Sweetangel of asianfanatics)

sowi if these were posted before but i havent seen it in the new soompi hehe...

bi is arriving today in hk... (as per asianfanatics) i think hk fans are renting a bus to go to the airport...

Guest devips

Yup.... dev.... there will gonna be a time for us soon ~~ hee....

I told ixora last night.... to see bi is no longer a dream but a MUST ... :lol::rolleyes:

that's true piglet. I have to see him no matter what

Guest VyLeTtE

that's true piglet. I have to see him no matter what

>>>>> dev,,, i have the same sentiment.... i hafta see bi in this lifetime.... i dun care if he's old already, retired, or doesnt have that kind of body anymore.... i still wanna see him... i would be mesmerized all over again :rolleyes:

Guest dDoKbOkGi

I still must read back the pages since i just registered again now. Oh well...good that this thread is made again ^^. Im sure it will get to more than 2,000 soon enough. I can't wait til his new drama. But it wont come out in U.S. for a while still, right?

Guest shinebi

HEY ALL YOU BI-ERS!!!! WOW!! PAGE 28!!!! WE ARE MOVING UP SO FAST!!!! Thanks to all you Bi fans, who posts all the pics, links, and news!! Love you all so much!! *SIGHS* if only I can go tp HK right now...I would just cry...you guys know what'll be really cool? If we all actually plan out a way to meet each other at Korea, wearing a club T-shirt with the same designs "Rain In Our Hearts", with our Soompi sig. names, so we know who each other is...and go meet him ourselves? That would be awsome wouldn't it? I just love the ethought of meeting some Bi fans who are so dedicted to the same guy I love...*sighs...if only....

Guest ripgal

bi is arriving today in hk... (as per asianfanatics) i think hk fans are renting a bus to go to the airport...

awwwww...BI arriving today!!! must be really crowded!! hope he doesn't get squeezed!!! (impossible!! hehe)

how i wish i had magic!! i could juz ZAM ZAM n appear in HK airport!!! arhhh..im babbling now. >.<

Guest ripgal

BIERs...i juz got a dose of my BI med 2day!! im listening 2 my local radiostation..n it's playing I DO!!!! im dancing nmoving 2 his song now!! hhahaha.. n he introduced the song in english!!! wooohh..such a sexy voice!!! :P

wow, so many pics that i haven't seen

i guess this is the time for me to catch up with all the pages i missed in the 'old' thread :D

and it's good to read about an article that recognizes his good style in clothing, thanks for that article J.Lee :D

and Bam, have FUN! ...have a B L A S T!

Guest ripgal

oh, i just heard bi's flight landed hk at 11:43am and reached the gate at 11:50am~ ^^

local time

safely landed!! good!! Bi's gona be surrounded by BEES!!!!

Guest xiaoxiaoli

heard that he came out at around 12:00, from exit B (BI ^^)

he bowed

looked like he was wearing a leather jacket

he was wearing a yarn hat (he loves to wear that kinda hat!) and sunglasses

couldn't see his face clearly

he left very quickly

there were hundreds of fans, which were not too many

fans screamed nonstop once bi had showed up ^.^hh

Guest xiaoxiaoli

Bi/Rain's Vita 500

Credits:Vita 500//Rain International

i don't know, but he looks so good in this set of pics!

i'm going to sleep..

i had a busy+tiring day

nite nite bi-ers~

Guest VyLeTtE

heard that he came out at around 12:00, from exit B (BI ^^)

he bowed

looked like he was wearing a leather jacket

he was wearing a yarn hat (he loves to wear that kinda hat!) and sunglasses

couldn't see his face clearly

he left very quickly

there were hundreds of fans, which were not too many

fans screamed nonstop once bi had showed up ^.^hh

>>>>> not 2 many fans? probably some were still in skul and work and others might be expecting him to arrive late at nite... oh well atleast there are those who welcomed him :D

Guest shinebi

hello again Bi-ers!! I was wondering, does anyone have the clip where Bi won the award and he was crying? I think he was wearing the white jacket and cap...Can anyone please help me find it? I love it if someone can help me. THank you!!