Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lee Ji Ah 이지아

Replies

• Dam-SuDam-Su Posts: 2,620Member

SUPERSTAR

edited April 2012
    ok i was surfing for infos regarding the 48th baeksang awards and here's what i got from various sites.

Baeksang awards is one of the biggest awards ceremony in south korea to honour outstanding achievements for both TV dramas and Korean films which is held annually. you can say it's the korean version of the Oscars or the Academy Awards in the US.
    these are the award categories:

Motion picture awards
    • Grand Prize (Daesang)
    • Best Leading Actor
    • Best Leading Actress
    • Best New Actor
    • Best New Actress
    • Most Popular (Male)
    • Most Popular (Female)
    • Best Director
    • Best New Director
    • Best Film
    Television awards

• Grand      Prize (Daesang)
    • Best      Leading Actor
    • Best      Leading Actress
    • Best      New Actor
    • Best      New Actress
    • Most      Popular (Male)
    • Most      Popular (Female)
    • Best      TV Personality (Male)
    • Best      TV Personalty (Female)
    • Best      Variety Show
    • Best      Screenplay
    • Best      Producer
    • Best      New Producer
    • Best      Educational Show
    • Best      TV Drama
    • Best      Achievement
    this year will be the 48th Baeksang awards.
    It will be held :
    Date: Thurs, April 26 2012 20:00 to 22:00
    Venue: Jamsil Olympic Hall
    Organizers: JTBC, Nikkan Sports
    Organized by: Joongang Ilbo cultural project
    Sponsor: Joongang Ilbo, JoinsMSN

our dearest Ji Ah is nominated for Female Popularity Award. the winners in this category will be determined via fans' votes. and there's a fee when you vote. im not sure if voting is only limited to korean citizens only or it's open for foreign fans.
    if you understand Korean you may click the following links for more info.

http://isplus.joinsm...ote/v_sub1.html

http://isplus.joinsm...popup_vote.html

this is the list for the female popularity award nominees. our ji ah is in number 30. :tears:

Current Female Popularity Award list (1st to last)

Park Shin Hye (Heartstrings) 50.3%
    Park Ji Yeon (Dream High 2) 38.8%
    Kim Yeo Jung (The Moon That Embraces The Sun) 1.9%
    Kang So Ra (Dream High 2) 1.5%
    Goo Ha Ra (City Hunter) 1.4%
    Sung Yu Ri (Romance Town) 1.3%
    Goo Hye Sun (Please Take Care of Us, Captain) 1.1%
    Park Min Young (City Hunter) 0.9%
    Choi Kang Hee (Protect The Boss) 0.5%
    Moon Chae Won (The Princess’ Man) 0.4%
    Kim Sun Ah (The Scent of A Woman) 0.3%
    Yoon Eun Hye (Lie To Me) 0.2%
    Park Ha Sun (Highkick 3) 0.2%
    Gong Hyo Jin (Best Love) 0.2%
    Soo Ae (A Thousand Days’ Promise) 0.1%
    Han Ga In (The Moon That Embraces The Sun) 0.1%
    Kim Hyun Joo (Sparkling) 0%
    Baek Jin Hee  (Highkick 3) 0%
    Song Ji Hyo (Gyebaek) 0%
    Shin Se Kyung (Deep Rooted TRee) 0%
    Jang Na Ra (Baby-faced Beauty) 0%
    Uee (Ojakgyo Brothers) 0%
    Hong Soo Hyun (The Princess Man) 0%
    Hwang Jung Eum (Can You Hear My Heart) 0%
    Jung Yoo Mi (A Thousand Days’ Promise) 0%
    Choi Ji Woo (Can’t Lose) 0%
    Hyorin (Dream High 2) 0%
    Lee Da Hae (Miss Ripley) 0%
    Lee Yoo Ri (Sparkling) 0%
    Lee Ji Ah (Me Too, Flowers) 0%
    Im Soo Hyang (New Tales of Gisaeng) 0%

Fangirling Dam-Su Couple

Where you are is where my palace is. 

• judyannloujudyannlou Posts: 267Member
    Well, it's sad to learn that LJA got 0 vote, but I think she is among 15 actresses nominee who got the 0 vote which be considered as the no. 17th. It's hard to compete the two PARKs' leading nominees who already got two digit percentage, but anyways, I'm still happy for she got nominated, at least.
    Thanks again damsu for the updates, though I surfed for any news about LJA at Google but I haven't encountered or came across your new information regarding LJA.

SUPERSTAR

judyannlou wrote on 06 April 2012 - 03:28 AM:

Well, it's sad to learn that LJA got 0 vote, but I think she is among 15 actresses nominee who got the 0 vote which be considered as the no. 17th. It's hard to compete the two PARKs' leading nominees who already got two digit percentage, but anyways, I'm still happy for she got nominated, at least.
    Thanks again damsu for the updates, though I surfed for any news about LJA at Google but I haven't encountered or came across your new information regarding LJA.

yeah, it's a little sad that she got a 0% vote. but it is still good that she got nominated. it's a proof that she is still being recognized. im still proud of her for being nominated. for me she will always be the best. :blush:

anyway, lee ji ah news and updates are very scarce so what i do is whenever i search for BYJ related news in various sites, i will also type ji ah's name on the search box to see if there's an article where her name's being tagged. and since i also visit some of the other entertainer's fansites and threads, sometimes i will also encounter some news about ji ah by chance. actually, that latest update about her being nominated in Baeksang award, i found out about it while reading Kim So Hyun's article. i also visited one of Park Shin Hye's fansite and fortunately one of her fans shared the link to the baeksang award website. he he he. that's how i found out about those infos on our Ji ah. :blush:

Fangirling Dam-Su Couple

SUPERSTAR

edited April 2012
    hayyy.... so quiet in here. :blush: i wonder when will wuri Ji Ah pop out into the limelight again. i read a news that she immediately went to the US right after signing her contract with Will Entertainment and spent a 3 weeks vacation with her family there and roamed around LA and Vegas too. it was also said that she would return early April but until now no further news about her return and her future projects. and i wonder if she has already returned to South Korea or is still vacationing in the US. and i also wonder if her tv guesting on SBS' talk show "Healing Camp" will push through. i do hope we could hear good news from her soon. i really miss her. :tears:

Fangirling Dam-Su Couple

• janice143janice143 Posts: 29Member
    edited April 2012
    I wonder where ejiah now... i really really miss her already. i'm very eager to hear and watch you back on the dramas and even movie.....
    Dam-Su wrote on 13 April 2012 - 11:49 PM:

hayyy.... so quiet in here. :blush: i wonder when will wuri Ji Ah pop out into the limelight again. i read a news that she immediately went to the US right after signing her contract with Will Entertainment and spent a 3 weeks vacation with her family there and roamed around LA and Vegas too. it was also said that she would return early April but until now no further news about her return and her future projects. and i wonder if she has already returned to South Korea or is still vacationing in the US. and i also wonder if her tv guesting on SBS' talk show "Healing Camp" will push through. i do hope we could hear good news from her soon. i really miss her. :tears:

So good to hear that she spent with her family during her break/rest time from her her hectic schedule of her latest drama. Maybe she was not able to return back in Korea due to the launching of the ballistic missile of North Korea. I hope she will have another project this year. I heard the rumor that she will be the female lead on the up-coming drama Dr, Jin with Sung Seung Hun.

SUPERSTAR

judyannlou wrote on 14 April 2012 - 02:32 AM:

So good to hear that she spent with her family during her break/rest time from her her hectic schedule of her latest drama. Maybe she was not able to return back in Korea due to the launching of the ballistic missile of North Korea. I hope she will have another project this year. I heard the rumor that she will be the female lead on the up-coming drama Dr, Jin with Sung Seung Hun.

yeah, judy. it's good she took some time off and spend a good quality bonding time with her family. she needs it. i do hope when she returns, she will be much more stronger and shine even more brighter than before. anyway, it's good if she will be casted as the female lead in SSH's new drama Dr. Jin. it would be awesome to see her being paired with SSH. i do hope she would be casted as the female lead. let's pray for it. ;)

Fangirling Dam-Su Couple

• kidprasertpkidprasertp Posts: 81Member
    http://imnews.imbc.com/news/2012/culture/article/3051922_10138.html

something update about lee jiah
    What could be the news about LJA. I hope damsu could translate and share with us since its been quite a long time we/I haven't heard about LJA ever since she was been featured in !st Look magazine. Wish and hope she will return back to Korea and have a drama project this year.

SUPERSTAR

edited April 2012
    judyannlou wrote on 24 April 2012 - 06:25 AM:

What could be the news about LJA.  I hope damsu could translate and share with us since its been quite a long time we/I haven't heard about  LJA ever since she was been featured in !st Look magazine. Wish and hope she will return back to Korea and have a drama project this year.

hey judy. :blush: here is the english trans from koreanjoongangdaily.com.              

Taiwan photo mix-up angers E Jiah
      Apr 25,2012

24221808.jpg

A  major mix-up at a Taiwanese newspaper had a gigantic picture of actress  E Jiah set alongside a story about a womanizing Chinese politician,  leading to outrage from the star’s agency.

On April 12, UDN Press  printed an article about the former mayor of Dalian, Bo Xilai. The  newspaper linked him to countless women and emphasized his relationship  with newscaster Jang Weijie.

However, instead of printing Jang’s  photo, the newspaper placed a large picture of E on its front page. It  apparently took the image from a drama in which she starred some time  ago.

“As you can guess, E is as shocked as we all are,” the  actress’ agency said yesterday. “The newspaper did announce the misprint  on the following day, but E’s reputation has already been tarnished.  Furthermore, officials from the newspaper haven’t even called us to  apologize.”

The agency added that it is contemplating whether it should pursue legal action to remedy the harm done.

By Carla Sunwoo

i wish Ji Ah and her camp would pursue legal actions regarding this mess that this taiwanese newspaper had done. this kind  of carelessness is unacceptable!  how could they commit such kind of error like that. :angry: they could ruin someone's life with  that kind of mistake they did. :tongue2: that taiwanese media outlet should be punished severely for the damage they caused to our Ji Ah. :angry: i say,  their license to operate should be revoke so that no further errors would be committed. :tongue2:

on the good side, it was also revealed in the other news that she will appear in QTV's program "Im Real" where she will shed off her mysterious image and show more her real self. im not quite sure if she is filming in the US or she will come back (or she's already back) to Korea to film. i do hope we could hear more news on this. im so excited about this news and can't wait to see her again onscreen. :blush:

Fangirling Dam-Su Couple

Thank damsu for the translation. How could the Taiwanese be mistaken for putting LJA picture instead of the newscaster Jang. I think they did it intentionally. Since they were familiar with the Chinese politician so with his women, how could they say it was a mistake that they post LJA's picture instead of Jang Weijie, the fact that nowadays most countries are already in cyber world, thus when you get data information from an internet, or uploading a picture from a computer then to the printing machine, Jang Weijie cannot be Lee Ji Ah's picture will appear. . I do hope that her agency or LJA or parent of LJA will file legal action to this News Paper Company. Though the news was not about her but still tarnished LJA reputation. I presumed they did it intentionally for LJA is famous since her debut drama "The Legend", so its best that she should file a case against that company so that it will be investigated the reason behind it.

SUPERSTAR

judyannlou wrote on 25 April 2012 - 05:52 AM:

Thank damsu for the translation. How could the Taiwanese be mistaken for putting LJA picture instead of the newscaster Jang. I think they did it intentionally. Since they were familiar with the Chinese politician so with his women, how could they say it was a mistake that they post LJA's picture instead of Jang Weijie, the fact that nowadays most countries are already in cyber world, thus when you get data information from an internet, or uploading a picture from a computer then to the printing machine, Jang Weijie cannot be Lee Ji Ah's picture will appear. . I do hope that her agency or LJA  or parent of LJA will file legal action to this News Paper Company. Though the news was not about her but still tarnished LJA reputation. I presumed they did it intentionally for LJA is famous since her debut drama "The Legend", so its best that she should file a case against that company so that it will be investigated the reason behind it.

exactly! :)  this taiwanese media outlet should be punished! not only did they cause embarrassment to our Ji Ah and tarnished her reputation, they did not even gave a formal apology to her for the damage and embarrassment they had caused her. they only apologized to their readers for the misinformation but not to our Ji Ah who is the most affected by the error they made. i do hope Ji Ah's camp will really pursue legal actions regarding this big mess that this taiwanese newspaper had done. they need to teach this taiwanese newspaper company some lesson! such carelessness is unacceptable! :angry: i do wish our Ji Ah won't be affected by this awful incident too much. i wish she could focus on her comeback onscreen and not be distracted by it. wish Ji Ah the best. Ji Ah onni, fighting! :lol:

Fangirling Dam-Su Couple

Yes I do hope that her new agency will not ignore this issue and file legal action on that Taiwanese media outlet. If this incident happened when our LJA still with Key East Ent. agency, for sure our beloved BYJ would not sleep on this issue and would surely not hesitate to act accordingly and file legal actions to that TMO. BYJ would not ignore this kind of incident that would tarnish the reputation of his artists. Just in case that if ever her new agency will not take legal action to that Taiwanese media outlet, I wish that LJA's family/parents will file a law suit to make a formal and public apology to LJA and also to S.Korean Entertainment Industry as well. This erroneous misprinting whether intentionally or not must be seriously acted legally to avoid further incident to other artist and this would set as an example to other News Paper or Media Outlets to be careful with their editing of their corresponding news and printouts.

SUPERSTAR

edited April 2012
    judyannlou wrote on 25 April 2012 - 08:37 AM:

Yes I do hope that her new agency will not ignore this issue and file legal action on that Taiwanese media outlet. If this incident happened when our LJA still with Key East Ent. agency, for sure our beloved BYJ would not sleep on this issue and would surely not hesitate to act accordingly and file legal actions to that TMO. BYJ would not ignore this kind of incident that would tarnish the reputation of his artists. Just in case that if ever her new agency will not take legal action to that Taiwanese media outlet, I wish that LJA's family/parents will file a law suit to make a formal and public apology to LJA  and also to  S.Korean Entertainment Industry as well. This erroneous misprinting whether intentionally or not must be seriously acted legally to avoid further incident to other artist and this would set as an example to other News Paper or Media Outlets to be careful with their editing of their corresponding news and printouts.

yeah, i agree. BYJ is someone who values privacy so much so i think he won't let this kind of mess pass just like that. i remember back then that he sued a japanese magazine company for unauthorized publishing of his photos and he won. i guess, if our Ji Ah is still with them, im sure KE would take the necessary move to remedy the damage. well, i think Will Entertainment also won't just sit and let this awful incident pass just like that. i believe they are going to take action regarding this mess this Taiwanese newspaper company had caused with our Ji Ah's discretion. honestly. i don't really understand how this newspaper company committed such a huge mistake. our Ji Ah doesn't even  look chinese.please tell me, do they look alike?

F120424_016.jpg
    photo credit: enews24

not even a resemblance. how could they commit such a mistake? sheesh! were they that excited to reveal the story about a womanizing  politician and his woman that they forgot to recheck their facts and just put our Ji ah's photo instead of the news anchor's photo? don't they recognize their own taiwanese news anchor and put someone else's photo? a foreign actress' photo? this is not just a simple error. it's a huge one deserving a big punishment. they're ruining two people's lives. this newspaper company should be taught some lesson. :angry:

hayyyy..... enough of the bad news. i do hope we could get some good news on her soon. and can't really wait for her appearance in QTV's "Im Real". i do hope we could see the videos of her in that program. waiting patiently. ;)

Fangirling Dam-Su Couple

edited April 2012
    Yes I do agree with you damsu that how could this TMO/TNPO made a huge mistake when in fact,in this modern world with advance cyber technology, erroneous printing is minimal or zero to happen. When all the news article are ready for printing, it is a common practice or rather their corresponding editor should checked and edited first beforehand then proceed to the printing of the magazine or newspaper. Most large News Paper Companies are using ITs and for sure the picture was usually taken from the internet and re-uploaded to their article/item during preparation, and Jang Wejie name is far different from Lee Ji Ah, so there is no possibility that an inadvertent mistake was done during the printing. Even if their processing of their newspaper is somewhat behind the modern/cyber technology but still when posting the picture for sure their is a corresponding name or identity of the picture. Their reason they claimed that they made error in the posting due to the similarities of the picture is quite vague and shallow. They should tell it to the dumb people to accept such reason. This kind of newspaper company should be acted legally with LJA's agency for I believed that they did it intentionally maybe for some reason or person behind it. I hope that the group for S. Koreans Entertainment Industry as one should also support and stand firmly this legal action , so this kind of act shall not be repeated to other S.K. artist, as well.

SUPERSTAR

edited April 2012
    judyannlou wrote on 26 April 2012 - 04:43 AM:

Yes I do agree with you damsu that how could this TMO/TNPO made a huge mistake when in fact,in this modern world with advance cyber technology, erroneous printing is minimal or zero to happen. When all the news article are ready for printing, it is a common practice or rather their corresponding editor should checked and edited first beforehand then proceed to the printing of the magazine or newspaper. Most large News Paper Companies are using ITs and for sure the picture was usually taken from  the internet and re-uploaded to their article/item during preparation, and Jang Wejie name is far different from Lee Ji Ah, so there is no possibility that an inadvertent mistake was done during the printing. Even if their  processing of their newspaper is somewhat behind the modern/cyber technology but still when posting the picture for sure their is a corresponding name or identity of the picture. Their reason they claimed that they made error in the posting due to the similarities of the picture is quite vague and shallow. They should tell it to the dumb people to accept such reason. This kind of newspaper company should be acted legally  with  LJA's agency for I believed that they did it intentionally maybe for some reason or person  behind it. I hope that the group for S. Koreans Entertainment Industry as one should also support and stand firmly this legal action , so this kind of act shall not be repeated to other S.K. artist, as well.

i totally agree with you judy. their excuse of mistakenly posting Ji Ah's photo instead of the other lady's photo because of some few similarities is quite shallow.  it's unacceptable. btw, i heard Will Entertainment is asking for a public apology from the said newspaper company. i just don't know if the newspaper company complied or will comply with it. well, i think apology isn't enough. it's a person's dignity, reputation and image that is at stake so i suggest that Will Entertainment will make a wise decision regarding the issue and do the necessary actions to remedy the damage and to protect Ji Ah. and i hope Ji Ah won't be affected too much by this issue. i hope that she will be able to focus on her comeback onscreen and not be distracted by the issue. let's all wish our Ji Ah and pray that she will overcome whatever challenges that comes her way. :blush:

Fangirling Dam-Su Couple

Dam-Su wrote on 26 April 2012 - 01:43 PM:

i totally agree with you judy. their excuse of mistakenly posting Ji Ah's photo instead of the other lady's photo because of some few similarities is quite shallow.  it's unacceptable. btw, i heard Will Entertainment is asking for a public apology from the said newspaper company. i just don't know if the newspaper company complied or will comply with it. well, i think apology isn't enough. it's a person's dignity, reputation and image that is at stake so i suggest that Will Entertainment will make a wise decision regarding the issue and do the necessary actions to remedy the damage and to protect Ji Ah. and i hope Ji Ah won't be affected too much by this issue. i hope that she will be able to focus on her comeback onscreen and not be distracted by the issue. let's all wish our Ji Ah and pray that she will overcome whatever challenges that comes her way. :blush:

Me too, I wish LJA will not be affected with such unthinkable incident but still I would rather like for her to require/seek from that unscrupulous TNComp an apology and to make it public. I believed that LJA can focus onscreen if ever she will decide to comeback soon, for me, she is a fighter and I think she has really the royal/Maharlica blood from their past K. dynasty. Despite all the trials and negative criticism she had encountered , she still stood up and faced the public with dignity and I salute her for her bravery.

SUPERSTAR

judyannlou wrote on 26 April 2012 - 07:22 AM:

Me too, I wish LJA will not be affected with such unthinkable incident but still I would rather like for her to require/seek from that unscrupulous TNComp an apology and to make it public. I believed that LJA can focus onscreen if ever she will decide to comeback soon,  for me, she is a fighter and I think  she has really the royal/Maharlica blood from their past K. dynasty. Despite all the trials and negative criticism she had encountered , she still stood up and faced the public with dignity and I salute her for her bravery.

yeah, our Ji Ah is a fighter. and that's one of many things i like about her. she had been through a lot of hardships yet she manages to stand up and move on. i do hope and wish that upon her return to the limelight again, she will shine more brightly than ever before. and i also hope that this issue with the taiwanese newspaper company will be resolve soon. btw, im not quite sure about this but i read a news that our Ji Ah went to the US to shoot for QTV's "IM Real" program. i sure hope her agency would give us updates about her appearance in that program. can't really wait to see her onscreen again. i really miss her. :blush:

Fangirling Dam-Su Couple

Well it's good to hear that good news. Where does this QTV situated/located, is it in US and what part of US? If it is in Los Angeles then, good for her for she will be near with her family. I too miss her and if ever BYJ has a comeback on screen, I wish for them to be paired off again for they too had a good chemistry.

SUPERSTAR

edited April 2012
    judyannlou wrote on 28 April 2012 - 02:57 AM:

Well it's good to hear that good news. Where does this QTV situated/located, is it in US and what part of US?  If it is in Los Angeles then, good for her for she will be near with her family. I too miss her and if ever BYJ has a comeback on screen, I wish for them to be paired off again for they too had a good chemistry.

he he he. from the infos i've gathered, QTV is a cable channel in Korea that is a joint venture between Turner Broadcasting system and Korea's JoongAng Ilbo (newspaper company) that features mostly Reality TV shows (features real stories from real people). our Ji Ah will make her appearance in one of their reality TV program "Im Real" wherein she will shed off her mysterious image by revealing the real her in the said program. :blush: heee.... can't wait to see her  back onscreen. :lol: as for her being paired with wuri Yong Joon again, well, im wishing for it. hopefully they will have another chance to work together again (as lovers again). but im also ok with them being paired with other stars. i wanna see who else can have a good chemistry with them. ;)

Fangirling Dam-Su Couple