Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

Guest jhing

OMG doryish, yes that's Daniel Henney in that pic with her! Thanks for sharing. They look great together! :D

Where did u get that pic anyway? U have more? hehehe please post them up if u have more. I love them two. I think they'd make a wonderful tv drama couple. hehehe

Guest yum yum dimsum

124k66x.jpg

there you go jhing. not doin much today so manage to make that! :phew:

jjh and daniel together on a series? possible!! daniel said he like to work with jjh again!

Daniel Henney, currently appearing in director Yun Seok-ho's final installment of his four seasons of love "Spring Waltz," says of all the beautiful Korean actresses he has worked with, he would most like to work with Jeon Ji-hyun again..... Henney's first opportunity to work with the superstar came in a commercial for Olympus. "The concept of the commercial wasn't that simple, but she was extremely focused on her work, and very professional," Henney told the Chosun Ilbo's sister publication Sports Chosun. "And I thought that if we could just act together one more time, that it would be really great."

:w00t::w00t:

Guest POHLLEEN

i saw jun jihyun in person & it just made me fall in love with her more.

she had no makeup on & still SOOOO pretty.

& she's so tall & i personally think she has the nicest body in the korean entertainment industry.

she's such a great actress.

i hope she comes out in a drama soon.

she's only been doing movies lately.

Guest jhing

OMG sushiboii! Thank you so much for that beautiful wallie of Daniel and JJH! They really look fantabulous together! OMG! Daniel actually said that he'd love to work with Ji Hyun again? Ohhhhh, Niiice! :D

Welcome to the thread POHLLEEN! Ur one lucky gal to have seen Ji Hyun in person! Did you take photos by any chance? hehe

I'd so love to see her in a tv drama also. I hope she will consider making one so that at least we will get to see a lot of her. About 16 hours or so of JJH! Wow! That would be fantastic, don't yah think? hehe

Jhing, u've never seen this CF before? its almost being banned (can only be aired at night time) last year because they find it too "Sexy"..haha, u should see it .. both of them look great! and u'll know why daniel said the concept of the CF is not simple and JJH is very professional, cuz she has to crawl on the floor (to seduce him?) :lol:

http://s6.turboupload.com/f/674816/1149850...7degrees_01.wmv

67_pop_1_1.jpg

67_pop_2_1.jpg

67_pop_3_1.jpg

67_pop_4.jpg

67_pop_5.jpg

67_pop_6.jpg

jjhdh.jpg

jjho.jpg

Guest yum yum dimsum

POHLLEEN - i am so jealous of you ryt now!! ur so lucky to meet JJH!!!!

jhing - 16 hours of JJH~? :w00t: her CF's combined makes 2 full kdramas (maybe not) haha! :sweatingbullets:

cjoey - whoa thnx for the pics!

--------------------------------

1250rpv.jpg

anyway just dropping by with a tiny bit of news

Naver News - talks about K-celebs celebrating and supporting Korea in the 2006 World Cup.

Heres JJH's message

코리아팀 파이팅 = Korean Team, Fighting!

there's actually 2 news about her yesterday..one is about her rejecting an offer to act in a Hollywood film because she feels that its not the right time yet , the other news is about the anycall phone that she's endorsing is the hottest phone right now in Korea after her CF is aired, its sold 1000 set of phones per day, the highest record is 3000 phones per day ...

Guest yum yum dimsum

wow! Hollywood.. well thats a good thing that she doesn't jump into every opportunity coz it doesn't always end up positive... :sweatingbullets:

she cant go to Hollywood yet.. she's still gonna do a tv series for us.. hahaha!! :phew:

13yigqc.jpg

Guest jhing

sushiboii! I so agree with you. JJH cannot go to Hollywood just yet because she has to do 1 or 2 dramas for us first. :lol:

cjoey! OMO! I've seen that CF with JJH and Daniel. It was indeed too sexy. hehehe But darn, they looked really great together. I hope they can make another cf together. Although drama with them two would be the ultimate. :D

Guest vondunker

hey guys ive just finished White Valentine yesterday.

And here is my conclusions/obervations of JJH in this 5 movies White Valentine, IL Mare, My Sassy Girl, Windstruck & Daisy; i left The Uninvited out becuz its a horror movie which i haven watched yet.

In both WV & IL Mare, JJH worked in a comic book store & is raised by a man (her grandpa). Plus, she is a dubbers for comic/cartoon show in IL Mare.

In both WV & Daisy, JJH is a great artist.

In all the movies, She/is

1. dont have intimate scenes with any male actors.

2. the loner/introvert, or that she dont have ALOT of friends.

3. bothered by the past reminisce which made her very sad. :(

4. often do things alone (eg. indulging in those indoor hobbies such as reading, writing journals, drawing, playing piano.. take train & roam the street alone) :sweatingbullets:

5. hoping for love & waiting for the right man.

6. cries alot, except in White Valentine

All the movie revolved around her together with her crush or 1-2 people only.

A man she met along the way in the movie will be the one affecting her life in the show.

Usually during the aftermath of her movies, my mood will be affected and i will think alot.

From what we know, JJH usually choose very carefully of the role she will be playing from the many scripts she received. :rolleyes:So what this tells us about JJH preference in the role shes playing?

A modern independant career woman, especially related to arts, in the city dwelling around seeking for her right love? She doesnt had much friends. Her time is dedicate to only her friends, the one who know her. I wonder if shes like that in reality. B) More of an introvert who dont like mixing around.

If not we will have lesser to read since the media really had problem getting any gossips on her.

vondunker,

i don't feel that she cried a lot in MSG, she said she doesn't cry easily in real life. :D

don't think she's an introvert as well, the director of Daisy (andrew lau) said she's an active person . I think she's good in sports too as Hyori told the media few months ago that JJH is faster than her in mountain hiking and her team even won the friendly soccer match during the shooting of daisy in Holland. but a lot of ppl (including Jang Hyuk who's her best friend) said she's shy in front of strangers.

i haven't watch White Valentine yet, anyone knows where i can download it? I've only watched half of "Uninvited", its not a horror movie and there are mix reviews on this movie, some said its boring, some said its good. for me, its not JJH's best movie but it isn't too bad .

Guest yum yum dimsum

vondunker - i like your observations. :lol: she does look shy in front of the media. even in interviews.

cjoey - if u use clubbox. try clubbox.co.kr/japaneseguy - it got all JJH movies except Daisy.

jhing - yes!! :lol: we can't let her go til she hasn't done a tvser.

I uploaded a video in Youtube that i got from aiselo... and it looks like JJH is speaking quite good english already. I can't actually hear what she's sayin but I can't see any translator when she's around Andrew Lau (who's speaking English when he's talkin to her) Watch it here: Youtube Link

Maybe this article can help us see the 'real JJH'. There's a video in it but I don't have Flash so i can't watch it... <_<ChannelNewsAsia.com Interview

Meeting Jeon...

She’s been our favourite ‘Sassy girl’ since that movie was released some five years ago.

Today, the nickname still follows her around, and Jeon Ji Hyun, for her part enjoys that moniker.

While I was waiting for her to finish her press interviews, I had a short chat with one of the coordinating managers. I found out that Jeon’s favorite colour is white and she really enjoys eating.

The coordinating manager was telling me about how impressed he was at the amount Jeon was eating at last night’s buffet. I can certainly empathise… we tend to believe celebrities, especially of the female ilk, consume only water and obsess about their weight every waking second.

But Jeon belies that old stereotype. She eats what she wants but she burns it off.

It helps to be statuesque. She’s 1.72 metres tall, and with high heels on, she looks very long and svelte.

Jeon was every bit I imagined her to be. What we see on screen is Jeon herself. I suppose she studies the roles very well, and makes it her own. She feels quite familiar even though this is your first face-to-face meeting.

Still young at 24, she seemed uncomfortable in front of the media and the cameras, even though she’s been in the business for 10 years.

Perhaps it’s because, she’s in unfamiliar territory, and perhaps it’s because she’s just not used to doing media interviews.

It didn’t take very long to break the ice, and soon she was feeling more at ease. But you could tell she was conscious of the cameras rolling all the time. She was very frank though, and she didn’t seem afraid to say anything.

The Only Hitch…

The interview was going great, but halfway, somebody storms in and says we have to stop.

He must have been one of the representatives promoting Jeon’s latest movie because he insisted that we have a poster of the movie up as a backdrop or we wouldn’t be allowed to continue with our interview.

It was a bit frustrating because nothing was mentioned before when they had come in to check the camera set up and all. But obviously they had either overlooked it or there was a last minute change of mind.

Interruption is never good for interviews because it’s all about going with the flow. Well, we continued, and I was thankful that Jeon was very obliging. We did have to repeat some of the questions.

More About Jeon…

Jeon is better known as a model than an actress. She started her career as a model and is very much a huge presence in the commercial world.

She has endorsed many popular products, notably in the world of apparels and mobile phones.

All the ads play on her being a sexy hot icon in Korea (she was voted as having Korea’s sexiest derriere).

She’s usually dancing in the ads to show off her figure, and it came to a point when one of her ads was censored by the national advertising media censor board.

The reason? The TV ad's sassiness had gone a bit overboard and was deemed "too sexy for broadcast TV".

Guest jhing

I just finished watching the clip. It was so funny when she was running across the field and the Director said cut and she kept on running and people started laughing and yelling for her to stop running. :lol:

Guest vondunker

cjoey: If i din remember wrongly, she cried when she first met CTH in MSG, becuz shes missing her ex-boyfriend. Later on i think the script doesnt allow her to cry too much becuz her role is sassy girl and that she has to portray a role who is putting on a false front when she infact is feeling sad deep down. At the end part would be the cryings on the mountain. B) Yeah actually you are right, she didnt cry that much. :sweatingbullets:

well yeah I think JJH is one girl who works out alot, of cuz she'll outrun hyori. Moreover she has longer legs.. :D Oh probably i shouldnt say bout her being introvert. Thats too strong a word for JJH who love seeking good food with friends + spend time on sports & maintaining herself . .

Jung Woo Sung once said he told JJH not to dedicate her time to working out everyday, am i right. Its like lesser exposure of her in the public with people/lesser pictures which caught her in public. So yeah I dont know what word i should use for her. U know what im trying to say? haa

sushiboii: yeah sometimes shes rather shy, yet at times from the news article we learnt that shes actually so active & bubbly. Ya, I kind of like her personality. By the way, thanks for the article & video!

vondunker:

yup, i get what u are trying to say. i reckon u've read the interview from <Elle> .

she just like to keep a low profile of herself, which is a good thing, cuz there won't be any negative gossips about her .

i like to read her interviews. she seldom give definite answers like "yes" or "no". her answers are always long and she talks a lot about her views on life (i guess she reads a lot of philosophy books :P )

she really likes working out..she even call someone (a gym trainer) to teach her some easy exercises during an interview break.

did jung woo sung said that? hmm..after the movie premiere in Shanghai, leon lai invited the 2 of them to a pub and then to a karaoke club ..she left halfway becuz she's tired and sick, i think she doesn't like clubbing..she doesn't smoke and drink too. jung woo sung and leon went to the same place again the next day.

sushiboii,

thanks for that article. I think there's some truth in the article. she's shy and very uncomfortable with the media. Its pretty obvious in the footages of movie premieres that she attended. the taiwanese media likes to critisize her, saying she is arrogant, as she seldom smile or talk much. Kwak Jae Yong explained that she's shy and she's learning to get use to it.

she actually speak english quite well which surprised me. in one HK interview, she spoke english saying andrew lau is cute and she likes him with an American accent. anyone seen this b4? i can upload this if u guys are interested.

Guest yum yum dimsum

jhing. that was really funny, she couldnt hear them and kept running.. love her :sweatingbullets:

vondunker. she must be really close wit jung woo sung. i also think she doesnt like to be in the spotlight too much, if she does she probably have different movies/series every month. :sweatingbullets:

cjoey. havent seen that b4.. pls pls upload it!!!!! :sweatingbullets:

from another article i found..

DIRECTOR ANDREW LAU

"I wanted to work with people like Jeon, Jung and Lee for a long time, and working together was a fun and interesting experience. I learned a lot from them, and am very thankful. Before leaving for the Netherlands, I worried a little about the language barrier, but since we all had the same problem, we ended up helping each other. Jung Woo-Sung spoke Chinese pretty well, and Lee Sung-Jae spoke a little English, but Jeon Ji-Hyun showed her English and Chinese skills with ease. I might have been the director, but I found the unique and mysterious colour Jeon gave to her character really appealing. I think the most important thing in this film is the feeling and fate establishing between the characters, their ways of expressing that sentiment and how by repeating different scenes a connection between them is formed. We really had a lot of fun shooting in the Netherlands, and finding new places to eat at every day. I particularly enjoyed the Chinese restaurants in Amsterdam, and it was a relief I could find them."

JEON JI-HYUN

"I really can't speak the two languages that well. Of course a language barrier can always exist, but before meeting Director Lau, watching 'Infernal Affairs' I felt a very strong uneasiness because of its very dynamic and masculine elements. I was worried about approaching the characters' emotions the way he wanted, and about whether he could understand my acting style. Yet, the first time I met him I realized there was no need for language. I can't really draw that well [Jeon plays a painter in the film], but I took lesson to at least look the part. I know myself better than anyone else, and I know I couldn't possibly learn that much in a short time. So I approached those lessons without rushing, and tried my best not to look awkward. One day my teacher told me to draw a tree, and I kept wondering why. He told me later, that it was to find my own tree, the kind of tree only Jeon Ji-Hyun can draw. Since this is the first time I act in a love triangle, trying to find the right way to express those feelings was quite complicated. There were also many changes compared to the original script I read in Korea. The biggest difference between the Netherlands and here was that obviously not many people recognized me, so the people working with me [road manager, coordinator, etc.] might have had it much easier. But then again I kept constantly looking at the phone, as I was always afraid they'd leave me alone."

Guest jhing

sushiboii - I think she's close with JWS since they've done a lot of CFs together and then of course Daisy. :D I saw this cf with them two where JWS was a cop and JJH was a criminal or something. I heard there were 3 parts to this cf but I've only seen the first part and I liked it. They looked cute together.

this is the 1st half of the interview, its in cantonese by the way, there's also chinese subtitles. the part where she speaks english is towards the end of the clip. anyway, i think most of u don't understand cantonese..so i'll make a brief translation here.

the interviewer said that a loyal fan of their TV program had sent a photo of himself and wanted their autograph. the interviewer asked them(JJH, JWS and LSJ) to guess who that person was. JJH was very shocked when they told her that "loyal fan" was Andrew Lau. She laughed as well. (U'll understand why she laughed when u see the picture) .

http://s3.turboupload.com/f/682925/1150086...hy20060417a.wmv

i've extracted and uploaded that part in youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D9tRmw9uvY

i've actually posted all these clips on my daisy blog, so some of u might have watched it before from my blog.

jhing,

the 3rd part is only a 20 sec CF, i've posted it on my blog as well.