[movie 2005] Duelist 형사

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest sunshine4ever
Ha Jiwon, Kang Dongwon, Ahn Sungki
Thanks shirley for posting this... 'Duelist' Tells of Love and Mystery in Choson Kingdom By Kim Tae-jong Staff Reporter ensor200508312021580Duelist.jpg Lee Myung-se, director of the 1999 hit action movie ``Nowhere to Hide,'' is back with a period piece after a six-year hiatus. And it seems that the genre presents no problems for him to show off his unique filming style. ``I think there are some stereotyped images about period films. I didn't care much about historical research, but rather I tried to use my imagination,'' Lee said Tuesday during a news conference after the preview screening of his new film ``Duelist'' at Yongsan CGV theater in Seoul. In the detective action film, many scenes were given a modern touch. Characters wear ``hanbok,'' or traditional clothes, but they were modified in many ways. For example, they had more colors and some coat strings were placed at the backside of the costumes to make moving easier. Classic music is also often used in many scenes. But Lee said that he was more concerned about how to depict the complicated emotions of the two main characters and the rhythmical movements of the action scenes. ``I want people to focus on the movements of the characters rather than the fighting action scenes. I tried to show their emotions and the film's story through their movements,'' Lee said. Starring Ha Ji-won, Kang Dong-won and Ahn Sung-ki, the movie is based on a novel about a female detective in the Choson Kingdom. Ha plays a tomboy detective named Nam-sun who investigates the forgery of coins but confronts inner conflicts as she falls in love with an assassin (Kang) involved in the crime while chasing him. As the director put an emphasis on the rhythmical movements of characters, the main actors usually had to perform their own stunts, including the more dangerous ones. They recalled that the intensive physical training they had to go through, including learning to tango and learning martial arts, was the most difficult parts of filming. ``For me it was really hard to shoot scenes involving me sliding and jumping. Particularly, I can't jump, but as the director forced me to do so, I had to jump from a tree and wall,'' Ha said. Ha previously played a policewoman in the popular period television drama ``Tamo,'' which was also based on the same novel, but she said in the new film she and the director tried to create an entirely new character. ``The director helped me find my strengths while we discussed the personality of my character, which I think will also help me in my future films,'' Ha said. With a production cost of 7.8 billion won, the shooting was mostly done in a huge outdoor set measuring 10,000 pyong (33,000 square meters) inside the Seoul Studio Complex in Namyangju, Kyonggi Province, which recreates a traditional market of the Choson Kingdom. The film has already sold its Japanese distribution rights to the film importer Comstock at $5 million (5.1 billion won), the highest price paid for a South Korean movie ever. Comstock reportedly plans to release the film in Japan at the same time as it is released in Korea. e3dward@koreatimes.co.kr 08-31-2005 20:14 premier on 30 Aug mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/Entertainment/LiveShop/mediachosun/2005/08/050830_duelist_master-500k.wmv 9420050830_18822992.jpg2005083017325324600_1.jpg9420050830_18823252.jpg9420050830_18823250.jpg7020050830_18822859.jpg here's the main trailer: http://www.ziness.com/movie/duelist/data/main_trailer.wmv

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sunshine4ever

I saw it on the day it premiered in Korea.

I liked it, although it wasn't what I expected.

Does anyone know where I can get the soundtrack of the movie, Kang Dong Won, and Ha Ji Won sing a song together

hey, good thing you asked, so i found out :)

here it is...

thanks to daramji* for the links below...

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=154613

Guest sunshine4ever

hey virgo_star thanks so much for those lovely pics!!! i'm excited too..i can't wait for it to come out on dvd....i hope it comes out in region 1...so i can buy it...

minshoo...ha ji won's lovely in Damo too...ya should finish it!!!

Guest minshoo

im thinking the Love theme of duelist is the one that they sang together but sorri but im not sure of myself. hey SIS i see you!! lol

Guest sunshine4ever

l33mimi, i think you just have to download it to find out..sadly i didn't have a chance to do it...probably hear the ost later since i just posted the links and it's quite late here, my head's spinning...

minshoo...did you finish damo?!!! lol this movie is on damo!!! oh did you know that kang dong won and ha ji won are both jo in sung's friends? aren't they cool? they sat together in the Pusan Internation Film Festival...

Guest minshoo

i know that they are friends but i didnt know that they sat together at pusan international film festival cuz i only saw pictures of kang dong won and ha ji won sat next to each other but i didnt see jo in sung. but do u have any pix of them three together?

Guest sunshine4ever

i know that they are friends but i didnt know that they sat together at pusan international film festival cuz i only saw pictures of kang dong won and ha ji won sat next to each other but i didnt see jo in sung. but do u have any pix of them three together?

watch this :lol:

http://www.sweetinsung.net/media/piff.wmv

take note of this scene:

http://www.sweetinsung.net/forums/index.ph...ype=post&id=332

jo in sung's in it if you look close enough ^^ and insung attended duelist's premeire night too B)

i read in insung's birthday script before and he mentioned kang dongwon..i didn't know they're friends, but since i know now and since i like kang dongwon too...so it's like..aha!

Oh yeah, Ha Jiwon said she likes working with Jo Insung and Kang Dongwon..guess she especially likes to work with people younger than her cuz they don't pressure here.

Guest Airine Pratama

shinshine4ever, minshoo ...

is that true????

jo in sung best friend with kang dong won?

whoa i just know it ...

thx for the info ...

i think kang dong won is friend with gongyoo too ...

i saw 2 pic of them together ...

nice to know that my favourite actors are best friends ...

i love insung in Bali, his drama with Ha Ji Won ...

Guest sunshine4ever

shinshine4ever, minshoo ...

is that true????

jo in sung best friend with kang dong won?

whoa i just know it ...

thx for the info ...

i think kang dong won is friend with gongyoo too ...

i saw 2 pic of them together ...

nice to know that my favourite actors are best friends ...

i love insung in Bali, his drama with Ha Ji Won ...

hi AiRiNe<3KDW yes!!! it's true!!! Insung is also Gong Yoo's friend, actually I have heard that Gong Yoo, Jo In Sung and Kang Dong Won are close friends (well through Insung's words of course)...Insung even attended Gong Yoo's birthday party celebrating and Gong Yoo attended his. I'm sure Jo In Sung and Kang Dong Won have connections..heard of them as models before. I was surprised to find out, but I am happy to find out about them! I think they must be close, otherwise Insung wouldn't attend the premeire of Duelist.

Archived