[ MBC Sitcom 2012] Stand By/스탠바이

Guest mijoo-pearl

Guest mijoo-pearl

Jung So Min, Ryu Jin, Im Shi Wan, Lee Ki Woo...

[ MBC Sitcom 2012] Stand By/스탠바이

2012032901002075500173421.jpg

Title: Stand By/스탠바이

Genre: sitcom

Date of Airing: 2012.04.09

Episodes: 100+

Broadcast network: MBC

Broadcast period: April 2012 -

Cast: Jung So Min, Lee Ki Woo, Ryu Jin, Lee Mi Sook, Lim Si Wan, Park Jun Geum, Kim Yeon Woo...

Synopsis

The sitcom is set in a fictional TV station call T

NEWS

Jung So Min comeback after 1 year 6 month with sitcom Stand By

ZE:A’s Siwan confirmed for ‘Standby’ sitcom

Park Jun Geum, Kang Geun Jun confirm for STAND BY

Singer Kim Yeon Woo - first time act in a sitcom after 15 year

MBC sitcom Standby adds to its castby javabeans

My linkLee Ki-woo joins Standby to romance Jung So-min

Ha Suk-jin cast as rival in sitcom Standby

PHOTO

Reading scrip session 2012.03.06

MBC "Standby" reveals Ryu Jin's sitcom announcer looks

Im Shi Wan's first look and first shooting scene for STAND BY

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mijoo-pearl

Woot, woot!

Can't wait to see more of the cast!

So far Ryu Jin is confirmed as well^^

Just updated cast for the sitcom haha. Here is English translation for the news. Sorry for my poor English dear

Jung So Min comeback after 1 year 6 month with sitcom Stand By

Jung So Min will comeback to small screen after 1 year 6 months with a strong, pure image in sitcom Stand By, schedule airing after High Kick 3.

In this sitcom, Jung So Min will act as "Jung So Min", a girl who was born and grow up in a mountain province of Gangwondo. Her character is very funny, innocent but always believed in others. Jung So Min go to Seoul, do many part-time job and realized her dream after that.

Jung So Min says "I have interest in genre sitcom for long time. Through this sitcom, I want to show a comedy part of myself, hope everyone will looking forward to it".

Stand By with background about the TV11 station, the story of joys and sorrows of life and work of the office workers. They are PD, writers, announcers...who work in TV11 station, the sitcom will focus to show concern of them and depict realistic love.

Translation: mijoo_pearl

Source: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=203804

This thread is gonna be a HOME to me from now haha

Ryu Jin is confirm for Stand By.

He will act as an announcer at the TV101 Station Ryu Jin Haeng.

vmp9h.jpg

Source: http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201203050100019620001464&servicedate=20120304

Lee Mi Sook also act in this sitcom, she will act as Ryu Jin's mother

rrwCY.jpg

Guest 160Mhel

I almost fell from my bed when i read this news. it's great to start a new day with good news from our dear Minmin. I am looking forward for this...

By the way, thanks for sharing this new thread, new home, new place to visit everyday..

Guest Merit

Super excited that she is finally back, now my husband can have his bias on screen again. It's gonna be a lot of Min and I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad that she took the much needed break. She's going to do a wonderful job in here, such talent she has anyway. How long do a comedy usually run? Like two months, three months or more? Sorry, never watch a K-comedy before.

Guest jeankaycee16

OMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!!! Our princess is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super excited for her new sitcom!!!

This is gonna be awesome!!!

And Minmin's gonna be working with another set of great actors! Its so daebak!!!

MinMin-ah, so happy for you! aja fighting!

We love you!!! ^_^

Guest mijoo-pearl

Super excited that she is finally back, now my husband can have his bias on screen again. It's gonna be a lot of Min and I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad that she took the much needed break. She's going to do a wonderful job in here, such talent she has anyway. How long do a comedy usually run? Like two months, three months or more? Sorry, never watch a K-comedy before.

Usually, 120 episodes will run about 4 months ^.^

At least, we're gonna to meet MM EVERYDAY :wub:

Guest ila_KL

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY for MinMin! :wub:

Added this page to my Favorites already, easy access for daily updates! Hopefully there will be English subs streaming of the episodes as well  :)

i am so happy for her come back. I wanted to see her do some prime-time drama in one of the three tv's. but ok, i am happy that she has come back after a long duration.

I think Ryu Jin is very lucky to be paired with female leads who are so young in age than him. Atleast they have a diff. of 10 years. previously it was kim so eun in thousand kisses and now, jung so min.

i will wait to see this sit-com when it airs.

JSM fighting!!!!!

Guest mijoo-pearl

It's actually closer to six months.

5 [days of the week (M - F)] x 4 [number of weeks / month] = 20 [1 month of broadcasts]; 120 [proposed episodes] / 20 [1 month of broadcasts] = 6.

It may end up being less depending on how well production does, the network interruptions (soccer, strikes, etc.). On top of that you're probably not going to see your favorite actor/tress, OTP/STP every day as stories for sitcoms can be rather erratic at time.

Thank you so much semi-fly.

I also dont know much about sitcom, but I hope Stand By can be success like High Kick.

Count on you on raw file of the sitcom too ^.^

Guest Hanjeung

I was so happy to read about this in the Oppa-Dongsaeng and JSM's thread.  We'll finally get to see Minmin again on screen.  :wub: Our long wait is finally over.  Waaaah, I'm so excited!  I have more questions (re: live streams, etc) but I'll ask them when we get close to the premier.  :)

Edit:  Fyi, the actor, Ryu Jin, was also in Baby-faced Beauty w/Jang Nara (the one who sang 'My Boyfriend is Type B' the song that Minmin sang at the PK Fan Meeting in Japan).  I recognized his face when I saw the picture earlier but couldn't remember where I saw him so I googled his name.  I've only seen some episodes of BFB. 

Guest Ellie4jsmkhj

I didn't think there's already a thread for Minmin's new sitcom until I went to JSM thread.  Thanks Mijoo-Pearl. 

Waaaah, my first time to post in Soompi and in it's Minmin's new sitcom.  I can't wait to read more about the plot and her co-stars.   

Guest snowflakesj16

Another confirmed cast for Standby-ZE:A’s Siwan confirmed for ‘Standby’ sitcom - http://www.allkpop.com/2012/03/zeas-siwan-confirmed-for-standby-sitcom

E7PZS.jpg

ZE:A‘s Siwan has been confirmed as a cast member of MBC‘s new daily sitcom, ‘Standby‘!

‘Standby’ is just the tentative title for the drama, and the full line-up of actors and actresses have just completed their first script reading together. The drama itself is about a fictional broadcast network called ‘TV11‘, and follows the lives of its staff and employees. Viewers will be able to experience the lives of entertainment industry professionals such as producers, writers, and announcers as they go through love and hardships in a realistic, but comedic light.

Im Siwan’s specific role is a high school student by the same name, who not only has perfect grades, but also handsome looks and talent to boot. Having virtually everything at his will, he acts rather indifferently to everyone around him.

Siwan has been in previous drama endeavors such as MBC’s ‘The Moon That Embraces the Sun‘ and ‘The Equator Man‘. He’s certainly broadening his range of experience from historical to comedy, so the spotlight is certainly on him to see how he’ll fare.

‘Standby’ will begin airing this April.

Guest mijoo-pearl

Park Jun Geum - the one who plays "Hyun Bin's mother" in Secret Garden will also act in this sitcom. Confirmed~

PdVa1.jpg

Source: Star MT

As I know, Kang Geun Jun - who is currently acting in Salary Man Choi Han Ji of SBS also will acting in sitcom Stand By

2y9e3.jpg

Guest rObietuSin

I really hope we all can have a chance to watch this  sitcom. I'm praying for this drama/sitcom's success ! Jung So min-ssi fighting!!

Archived