[ MBC Sitcom 2012] Stand By/스탠바이

Guest mijoo-pearl

Guest Iviih

So many good actors, wonder if with this cast this Sitcom won't be subbed?

Because Sitcoms are hardly subbed T____T tears.giftears.gif

@Semi-fly: will you upload torrents for this drama? Just asking. Kisses.

Praying to it be subbed.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Merit

This is another article where it mentions the character who plays Lee Ki Woo *quoted image*

Lee Ki-woo joins Standby to romance Jung So-min

Lee Ki-woo has picked his next TV project, and well, that does it; now I’m just going to have to watch Standby, aren’t I? Especially since he’ll be embarking on a bickering romance with Jung So-min, the gullible village girl in the big city. Sweet!

As the latest addition to the MBC sitcom set in a television station, Lee Ki-woo plays a character named Ryu Ki-woo, which means he’s going to be playing Ryu Jin’s younger brother. (When actors are cast as siblings in sitcoms, they’ll often keep their first names and then just adjust the family name to match the elder actor, like Seo Ji-seok did in High Kick 3.)

The character of Ki-woo has an optimistic, sociable nature and is full of good cheer. He’s handsome and charming on the outside, but in actuality he’s a mischievous type, and “has everyone wrapped around his finger.” What, like that’s bad? *Unwraps self momentarily.* I love how both brothers are described as looking cool and perfect, but are all quirky on the inside. (Elder brother Ryu Jin is desperate to make it to the big time as a news anchor and starts on a campaign to advance himself at the station.)

Jung So-min lives downstairs from Ki-woo, and the two will embark on a “cute love story.” Aww, I can’t wait. Standby premieres in April.

Why do I get this giddy feeling when reading it. Their "love story" sound innocent and adorable. Good thing April is just around the corner or else I would be going crazy waiting for it. I want to see a picture of Min next to him just to see how tall he is up against her. Anyway, they'll look really good together. He has a very "sunshine" like smile.

Guest Jeanneth

STANDBY1.jpg

wub.gif OHHH APRIL COME FASTER!!! ~~~~

I wanna watch the Sitcom ~~~~~ So excited to See Minmin

:))))))

Ohhh and Tomorrow.. MM will go to Japan for Bad Guy Event Right???

BEST OF LUCK Eonni Sominssi ^^

6 Days Until Somin's Birthday!!! ---> Excited!!!!!!!!!

Guest Merit

*quoted image* OHHH APRIL COME FASTER!!! ~~~~

I wanna watch the Sitcom ~~~~~ So excited to See Minmin

:))))))

Ohhh and Tomorrow.. MM will go to Japan for Bad Guy Event Right???

BEST OF LUCK Eonni Sominssi ^^

6 Days Until Somin's Birthday!!! ---> Excited!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the pic...

Awwww....they look so cute together. He's really adorable looking in pics, but would like to see him act. :) never seen him before. Has he been in anything before this...if so let me know I want to watch some stuff on him. But still, I think they match...

Guest ila_KL

Thanks for the pic...

Awwww....they look so cute together. He's really adorable looking in pics, but would like to see him act. :) never seen him before.  Has he been in anything before this...if so let me know I want to watch some stuff on him. But still, I think they match...

He's in Flower Boy Ramyun Shop... He's Daebak!:wub: 

Guest jeankaycee16

Thanks for the pic...

Awwww....they look so cute together. He's really adorable looking in pics, but would like to see him act. :) never seen him before. Has he been in anything before this...if so let me know I want to watch some stuff on him. But still, I think they match...

Well, Lee Ki Woo has been in K-entertainment for quite sometime now and he's good! love few of his movies but of course the most daebak was his recent flower boy ramyun shop drama! he's adorable there!

but OMG Lee Ki Woo is so tall, I wonder how would deal with the "little" height difference with our princess! ^_^

Guest Merit

Thanks guys! I will have to check that drama out. I don't usually follow K-Ent. It was back in Goong's days and stopped then PK had brought me back. And my two favorite actresses happened to look alike. I'm a follower of MIn, so where ever she goes or whoever she co-star with next I'm going to be there. LOL

I absolutely love the tall guy and short girl couple. So, I don't mind at all. I can't wait to see them do a promo or something where they actually would stand next to each other. I wonder if Min is going to even reach his shoulder?

Guest mijoo-pearl

Another actress just confirm for Stand By is KIM SOO HYUN.

She was in Brain last year. OGM I also like her a lot haha..

12286717.jpg

Source: TVDaily

Guest M-i-l-o

More and more people are slowly being  confirmed! Glad to see the progress. The synopsis they gave sounds interesting, so I'm really hoping the best for this drama. I don't really watch kdramas that much (more of a Kpop person here, haha), but all the faces here seem quite familiar, so it'll be fun to see them acting all together^^

Also, I just realized who Lee Ki Woo reminds me of : Joseph Gordon Levitt! I saw one or two episodes of Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, and he is a cute actor. He has been in the industry for quite some time, from what I've learned.

And my korean friend just told me that Lee Mi Sook is one of the most well loved older actresses in Korea. I'm a fan of Jung So Min, so I'm happy she is going to collaborate with so many people and hone her craft! Can't wait!^^

Guest yeohweping

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=mbc_drama&no=1781386

Standby cast updates: Ryu Jin : Announcer, Jung So Min : Part-timer, Lee Ki Woo : Ryu Jin's younger brother, Im Si Wan : Genius high-schooler, Park Jun Geum : Head of Announcer dept., Choi Jung Woo, Ha Suk Jin, Kim Soo Hyun (female) : Ent.PD, Kim Yeon Woo : Drama writer, Ye Won (Jewelry), Ko Kyung Pyo, Simon D

Guest Hanjeung

Credit to Soompi News...

Simon D to Debut as an Actor in Sitcom "Standby"

by: hazelnutthursdays on Mar 14, 2012 Flag as inappropriate

• <SPAN>

</DIV>

9f684c30a3a3a1fe4b4eaac16a7506da_large.jpg

Rapper Simon D of hip-hop duo Supreme Team is set to make his acting debut. Local news agencies report that he joins the sitcom “Standby,” which already has Ryu Jin, Jung So Min and ZE:A’s Im Siwan, among others in the cast.

“Standby” is the rapper’s first attempt at an acting challenge since his entertainment debut in 2007. In the sitcom, Simon D will play a stereotypical Busan man, one who is tough and macho. The character is also described as working in a shop near the fictional TV11 station, and has aspirations of becoming a rapper. He forms a “worry trio” with two other characters, an ignorant troublemaker and a worrywart.

“Standby” is set in the world of broadcast, delving into the lives of producers, directors, writers and other employees of TV11. The sitcom is scheduled to replace the currently airing “High Kick 3: Counterattack of the Short Legs.”

Guest mijoo-pearl

More photo from reading scrip session 2012.03.06

Credit: As Tagged

Please do not hot link

Ha Suk Jin

1-1.jpg

Jung So Min

2-1.jpg

Lee Ki Woo

3.jpg

Simon D

4.jpg

Park Jun Geum

5.jpg

Ryu Jin

6.jpg

Kim Yeon Woo

7.jpg

Kim Soo Hyun

8.jpg

Choi Jung Woo

9.jpg

Lim Shi Wan

10.jpg

Jelwery S - Ye Won

11.jpg

Go Kyung Pyo

12.jpg

Guest savvy_renny

Link for the trwnslation of jung so min's sitcom standby casts' script reading

The countdown for mbc's daily sitcom "stand by" launch has begun

Credit: dkrogers of korea.com

I csn't really wait for April to come. I'm so excited for our dear minmin. There's no doubt that she'll be good in it.

And btw, there's too much eye candy (ies) for me. She has a lot of hot co-stars. Haha. :wub:

Guest adrilovkorea

information about the character that has Suk Jin interepretará on the sitcom "Stand by"  happy.gif                              

Source: Dramabeans

Ha Suk-jin cast as rival in sitcom Standby

Is Standby just lousy with hotties or what? (Not that I’m complaining.) The new MBC sitcom already stars two handsome leading-man types, Ryu Jin and Lee Ki-woo, who play brothers; now Ha Suk-jin (When Tomorrow Comes, Can’t Lose) joins the cast, giving rise to the dilemma: Where to look??

The sitcom is set in a fictional TV station, and Ha Suk-jin plays a successful announcer with sharp on-air skills, making him popular among viewers. That means his confident, forthright character (who’ll be named Suk-jin as well) will be the foil for Ryu Jin, the guy who makes bumbling mistakes on-air and watches everyone pass him by on the career ladder.

Ha’s character seems like your standard rival type — handsome, rich, perfect — and therefore a little less interesting than the quirky brothers (Ryu Jin’s the desperate pitiful guy, Lee Ki-woo’s the mischievous one). But given that this is a long-running sitcom, I hope we’ll get to see more than just that one-note perfection from him, which would be great since I think he can manage comedy. Ha’s one of those actors I’ve always thought would have become a bigger star by now; he hasn’t necessarily shown serious-actor skills, but he does well with his charm and camera presence. And I did enjoy all of his exasperated, dryly funny moments as the brother and voice of reason in Can’t Lose.

The only loveline that has been set thus far is the one between Lee Ki-woo and Jung So-min, who play neighbors who bicker their way to romance, so I’m not sure if Ha Suk-jin will play a spoiler there. But in any case, it sure must be nice to be Jung So-min, surrounded by so much eye candy.

Stand By Me premieres in April and will air daily.

Guest Iviih

With so many hot guys, good actors and MinMin, I hope it gets subbed! Praying for Dramafever pick it... :)

Btw, loving the cast so far.  Can't wait!!! :D

Thanks everyone for the news and posts ^^~~

OMG, i cannot wait to see the sitcom. April, please come soon. LKW, such a sweet heart in FBoRS. He is a giant in height and Min-Min is going to look so petite next to him. the storyline seems to be interesting.

Waahhhh Min-Min is so pretty during the script reading.

fighting!!!!!

Archived