transformation from monolid to double lids

Guest semicollante

Guest semicollante

Did you monolids turn to double lids when you got older?
When I was really young, both my eyes were monolid. Then when I was 6 or something, one of my eyes turned into a double lid. When I was 14, both eyes became double lids. However, 3/4 of the crease is hidden. Several years later, more of the crease is visible, only 2/3 is hidden. Did anyone have similar experiences?

How long will this go on? I am only 17 now, when will my eyelids transformation be complete? I am not complaining though, I really love double lids and hope that when the "transformation" is completely, I can have 100% visible crease. :)

Thanks!

This hasn't happened to me (i have single), but it's happened to my mother.

She said it's from being old but I don't really think that's what it was.

Lucky for you though, if it works out ><

Guest alligatortears

my mom got double eye lids as she grew older too..

like around 18-20.

she says it's a wrinkle,

probably from the loss of collagen/elastin/whatever

(but i don't think that's the case with you).

i'd been monolided for like the past 19years or so, but like with a funky monolid that i could actually do a weird eyeflip thing with my eyes and turn them into double lids until i blinked, and then they'd be monolids again. and one of my eyes kinda had a crease but was still essentially a monolid.

1.5 yrs ago tho, they'd started to become funny and they went from occasional monolid to occasional double lid. now i've got double lids on both eyes, but when i'm puffy and tired they do become occasional mono/double again.

so yea, its possible you'll keep them, i attribute it to my crying and slight weightloss (my grandma passed away during that period) so i guess if you dont gain more facial fat etc it should stick and losing your baby fat your lids will most likely become more visible.

thought i might throw in some photos, before (like when i was around 15ish or so)

14-08-05_2204.jpg

after (now when i'm 22, excuse the one blue eye was using this for the circle lens thread)

79378555.jpg

Guest semicollante

Thank you so much, AKi! This is super helpful. I love how your eyes are now, and the blue lens. :P

Guest LOOCiEE<3

i wish i could contribute to this thread, but i always had double lids, & they haven't changed. for your case, maybe as you get older your face just wants double lids so it's doing a slow transformation? hehe, good for you though, i heard makeup is way easier to apply if you have double lids. =)

Guest Refinnejam

Pretty much the same thing happened to me. When puberty hit, it was a pretty dramatic change for me. I seemed to lose weight and puppy fat, which made not only my body but my entire face shape change.

I think loss of this fat, especially in the face area contributed to my eyelid change. I also find that the amount of sleep I get or if I have allergies/crying/irritated eyes can also affect how puffy and "double-lidded" they are.

But also, just regarding the age thing. I know that the skin on your eyelid can get droopier with age, which is why older ladies (even non-asian) get eyelid surgery to "open up their eyes" again.

Guest hunterheart

I have always been double eye-lidded :( no help here. But wow, Aki, I can actually see the transformation. It's phenomenal.

Guest prettyLOVEE

I was born with monolids but I was really chubby as a child.. middle school i lost a lot of weight & one lid formed into a double & then the next one.. my mom has double eyelids naturally and my dad has none but anyway now people say i look like my mom as i get older

Guest abeautyfullday

I usually have monolid but every few months my left eye will become double and stay like that for a week to 2 weeks. I wonder if it'll one day go permanently like that... it makes me look tired (> _ <)

Guest azn_sweetumz

I'm 18 now, but around 7 months ago I began to develop my double eyelids. My eyelids had a slight crease, but the fold never formed. I think from contact use, curling eyelashes and mascara helped my double eyelids to develop.

Guest yoroshiku90

same happened to my mom ^^

I see her black and white photos from long time ago when she was in middle school and she has monolids,

but now her eyes naturally turned to double eyelids and they are really big too o_o

It's very common, I'm not sure how it happens. My friend told me her mother eventually developed double eyelids and she would too. She showed me that when she looked up, her eyelids would start to fold.

Guest sweeth0lic

I sorta had the same thing that happened to me except I was born with one double one single. So I was surprised when senior year rolled around and my single eyelid suddenly turned double and my eyes were balanced again. Well somewhat. Although my single eyelid (it was actually a hidden double. I had a VERY small crease, but senior year, they sorta formed a SECOND fold & turned into a visible double) turned double is somewhat smaller than the natural double.

I use to have this peculiar thing that happens. Whenever I GET SICK, my single eyelid would always turn double.. I've always used it as an indicator to whether or not I was coming down with something. Now, up to the present (second year of college), my single eyelid is still a double. Although last week, it suddenly became single again, but today it's back to a double.

I'm not sure what contributed to it turning.. but I'm glad. At least now I have somewhat better balanced eyes. :lol:

Guest xangie

i was born with one monolid and one double eyelid.

my monolid turned into a double eyelid gradually as i grew up.

When I became 18 I started losing weight and my eyes turned both double eyelids

Errr it didn't really change anything, no one realized, it just looks less uneven.

2 years ago:

2948_74170043006_509393006_1621755_3142415_n.jpg

o_x

now:

27102_378847843006_509393006_3505567_890201_n.jpg

x_x bad thing is.. my left eye now has two creases.

wtf..

Guest Lavire

Hmm, mine is very similar to yours---

when I was younger, I didn't have any, but I'd occasionally have the fold in one eye and not the other.

Nowadays, when I'm tired, I get double eyelids in both. The thing is, I'm tired almost every day from studying+school, so I always seem to have double eyelids to everyone else.

Guest carmoo

actually thats happened to me too!!

i've had half crease until i was abt 16/17 they turned double. It's happened to my brother as well and he looks completely different from when he was younger...wouldn't recognise it was him haha!

Mayb it's in the genes? I dunno but my dad has half crease and my mum has double...somehow we switched to my mums eyes when we got older!

Guest crucifixation

I used to have the thickest, fattest single lids ever but ever since I started to wear false lashes, creases are starting to set in. They began to appear when I was 15.

3729750271_18884acb65_o.jpg

w/o makeup

3730545934_b129067188_o.jpg

They are complete outfolds now

Archived