transformation from monolid to double lids

Guest semicollante

Guest nana★

I've always had double eyelids but this happened to my mom!

In pictures of her in middle school she had monolids, but then in high school she started getting double eyelids...

now she has realllly big ones, and her eyes look totally different than from when she was in middle school

she tells me it's from getting old lol

Guest dasacabasa

WOOOOO this is so me.

I was born w/ monolid eyes & just last year my eyes just slowly became double lid. First , my right eye was super itchy all the time so i would just scratch like crazy. Then it had a line , but didn't really fold yet. & then it folded into a double lid , but it wasn't deep set. Then the same thing happened to my left eye only it wasn't itchy. It just ..got like that haha. & after that I would sometimes wake up in the morning w/ mono-semi double lid eyes & after I curl my lashes (I think the lash curler has smthng to do w/ this , it like pushes the lid in) & put mascara on my eyes would be double lid all day. OHH & when I went through a time period of having a lack of sleep my eyes would be double lid .. b/c that's how my eyes would get when I'm sleepy. It wasn't comfortable though.

But now i'm completely double lids , on days where I sleep like a hibernating bear & I wake up then my fold wouldn't be deep set but then I just curl my lashes + mascara & then it's double lid. Lol weird ?

& Now on days that I don't get much sleep my eye folds in the wrong places , but I still have a double lid.

Whoopee ! I would hate having monolid & not knwing how to put make up on.

I think I have pictures , does anybody want them ? lol.

Guest semicollante

WOOOOO this is so me.

I was born w/ monolid eyes & just last year my eyes just slowly became double lid. First , my right eye was super itchy all the time so i would just scratch like crazy. Then it had a line , but didn't really fold yet. & then it folded into a double lid , but it wasn't deep set. Then the same thing happened to my left eye only it wasn't itchy. It just ..got like that haha. & after that I would sometimes wake up in the morning w/ mono-semi double lid eyes & after I curl my lashes (I think the lash curler has smthng to do w/ this , it like pushes the lid in) & put mascara on my eyes would be double lid all day. OHH & when I went through a time period of having a lack of sleep my eyes would be double lid .. b/c that's how my eyes would get when I'm sleepy. It wasn't comfortable though.

But now i'm completely double lids , on days where I sleep like a hibernating bear & I wake up then my fold wouldn't be deep set but then I just curl my lashes + mascara & then it's double lid. Lol weird ?

& Now on days that I don't get much sleep my eye folds in the wrong places , but I still have a double lid.

Whoopee ! I would hate having monolid & not knwing how to put make up on.

I think I have pictures , does anybody want them ? lol.

Yeah, I wanna see them! :) Thanks, this is so helpful!

Not me, but both of my parents are like that. They had the average asian-looking monolids when they were younger which suddenly formed into very pretty double eyelids (In case someone misunderstands: I'm not saying that monolids are ugly. I'm just saying that their double eyelids are very pretty ._.) They assure me that it's just wrinkles, but if that's true, they have some very pretty wrinkles >_>;;

Guest Rynaga

i probably have one of the worst eyes. sometimes i have double eyelids on both eyes, and other times i would just have a double eyelid on one eye and monolid on the other >.<. it still happens every now and then. it annoys me if one of them is just a double lid because it changes the sizes of my eys and makes me look asymmetrical like... O_o.

and it sucks that the times that i want both my eyes to end up double lidded aren't double lidded (i.e when i go out to special occasions).

Guest wendisch

I had monolids but when I was 14/15 they turned into hidden double ones. (I have to much fat on my eyelids T.T)

Guest *.yl=-

i did have mono eyelids when i was younger because i was obese and had very very very fatty eyelids. as i lost weight, i had double eyelids

Guest kimmi.kami

I had momolids when I was younger..well it was more hidden and my eyes were pretty huge when I was small. Now that I' 14 years old , i have double eyelids ..

strange things happens, it could be the fat in your eyelid.

my sister went from double lids to mono lid on her left eye. for me it was my right side. but it'll change through age, I got mine when i was 6, lost it when i was 10, got it back when i was 17-18.

but sometimes when i dont get enough sleep it goes back to monolid

Guest index1618

I was born with monolids, but once I turned 14 I have a very prominent crease now.

17 now by the way, still there, doesn't matter if I cry, get sleepy or whatever, it's still really noticable

Guest justaddclouds

this happened to me too, around when i was 12! My parents used to tease me though because i used to have only one double and one mono

now both my eyes are double but sometimes, one goes back into hiding ]:

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

How exactly did your monolids turn into double eyelids? Was it like overnight? Are your eyelids really thin and have very little excess skin and fat? How did the crease form? 
I'd really like to know. Both my parents and all of my siblings have really big double eyelids, especially my older brother and mom but I am the one in the family with monolids. I have pretty thin eyelids (you can see veins on my eyelids when they are closed....so they must be thin right?) I want to know if I have a chance of getting double eyelids naturally. I just don't know how that happens. 
Please reply or message me! Share your experiences please!!! 

Guest nameless

This happened to my mom. She always had monolids till she was 16/17. They stayed forever since. She also says they became more noticeable as she got older. She says it's cuz her eyelids started sagging but I don't think so haha

Archived