[Variety] Crime Scene (추리게임 - 크라임씬) JTBC | Season 2 starts 1 April 2015

Guest Lil.Miss.A

Guest Lil.Miss.A

25k2ywi.jpg

추리게임 - 크라임씬 Deduction Game - Crime Scene (JTBC)
Players: Jun Hyun Moo, Park Ji Yoon, Hong Jinho, NS Yoon-GHenry Lau, Im Bang Geul.Every Saturday, 11 PM KST.
JTBC's new variety program Crime Scene is a game show where six celebrity players try to uncover the mystery involving murder cases. Each player acts as suspects in the murder scenario, so while they need to prove their innocence they also try to find the real criminal through alibis and hints.
Watch the episodes (RAW) from JTBC's websiteEng subbed episodes from Bumdi's tumbler  (thanks Bumdi!!)
I've been a fan of Kong since The Genius so if you loved The Genius I think you'll like this program as well - although watching the streaming at midnight creeped me out a bit ^^

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lil.Miss.A

Case 1 - Who Killed Chairman Lee?Ep.1 (140510) & Ep. 2 (140517)15o9t2u.jpg
Jun Hyun Moo as Driver Park BoknamPark Ji Yoon as Wife Kim MalsoonHong Jinho as Friend, CEO Do ChungsooNS Yoonji as Nurse Choi MiranHenry as Brother in law Kim PildoIm Bang Geul as Daughter Lee Bo-Eun
Chairman Lee Dukman, a wealthy man in his 60s was found dead in his house. He was found with a stabbed wound to his neck.The 6 suspects involved in this murder are: 1. CEO Do Changsoo who visited Chairman Lee on the day of the crime, and the first to discover Chairman Lee's death,2. The nurse Choi Miran who takes care of Chairman Lee's general health,3. The wife Kim Malsoon who was at home watching TV at the time,4. The daughter Lee Bo-Eun who was practicing ballet,5. The brother in-law Kim Pildo who is living with the victim and was drinking alone in his room,6. The family's driver, Park Bok-nam.
Did you find the real killer?

Guest Lil.Miss.A

Case 2 - Who Killed Classmate Sarah?Ep.3 (140524) & Ep.4 (140531)2vhvvuv.jpg

An 18 year old high school student Sarah was found dead in a British high school. She was found in the art study room with severe head injuries. The six suspects who were in the school at the time are:1. Tom, the class president (Hong Jinho).2. Maggie, the member of the same art club (Park Ji Yoon).3. Jane, Sarah's classmate, the school's queenka/most popular girl (NS Yoonji).4. John, 3rd year student, Jane's boyfriend, the school's kingka/most popular boy (Jun Hyun Moo).5. Jack, classmate and art club member (Henry).6. Anna, Sarah's mother and the school's art teacher (Im Bang Geul).

Guest Lil.Miss.A

Did anyone watched this yet?I'm so glad they make this kinda show.. it's different and interesting. Seems like the cable channels are coming up with a lot of good shows these days.
I can see they've changed the format of things a bit in ep 3, the editing is tighter and and flow of things is alot better than the first 2.I don't know why Hong Jinho had the most online vote on ep3, so far there's nothing on him that really connects to the murder, only what he said on KaTalk and that seems a bit weak for a motive. The only thing suspicious on him is his alibi, since no one else saw him on that music room.All the current hints and motives are leading towards Maggie and Jack, although for sure in ep 4 they're revealing more hints and whatnot, the tables could still turn by the next ep.

Guest Lil.Miss.A

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"CNBLUE’s Kang Min Hyuk to Appear in Variety Show “Crime Scene”
Looks like CNBlue's Min Hyuk is replacing Henry.. hmm.. or are they thinking to keep one space to invite different guests? that might be a good option as well.Although I didn't mind Henry as one of the players.. his antics keep the mood light and fun.. I just cracked when he used face-reading as his briefing. Gonna miss him on CS. class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"

And I was wondering if there is going to be a Crime Scene thread :) Yes, I followed the show because of Hong Jinho too; I am a big fan of Jinho since Genius 1, and a few of us were discussing about Genius 2 in a separate thread
I usually watch twice - once the Chinese subs and then again the English subs, just so I can have a second go at understanding how certain parts work out when I can't catch it the first time around. 

Besides Minhyuk, there will be another guest who is a 20-year veteran police investigator on the show from the next episode. Given his background, he (and the would-be 'murderer' ) will definitely feel the pressure. 
Potential spoiler if you haven't watched Ep4 yet: here's the background case for the second case. 

Guest Lil.Miss.A

@Jenny T - props for finding that article!The second case is pretty good - it was harder than the first one. As expected though, it's hard to point the murderer without the second half of the story.Jun Hyunmoo and Park Jiyoon's bickering was hilarious.Hong Jinho - this is just the right kinda show for him ^^NS Yoonji - she looks pretty naive - I wonder what will happen when she picks the criminal role. She does have the most animated reactions though.. haha
Next ep tomorrow!! I think it'll be in a more serious mood with the new players - the detective surely will bring it up a notch.

Guest Lil.Miss.A

Case 3 - Murder of the Office Team LeaderEp.5 (140607 RAW part 1 part 2) & Ep.6 (140614)2a8lq9f.jpg
On 28 May 2014, 10.30PM fire alarm and extinguisher went off in a building of an international trading company. Employees quickly evacuated the building, except for one, the team leader. Team leader Lee Sang Mi was later found dead on her desk, without any sign of physical injuries. The estimated time of murder is between 9.55-10.30PM. The 6 suspects are people who were working late that night, and a client of the company who visited the team lead an hour before the incident.Park Ji Yoon >>> CEO Jang - CEO of the company's clientHong Jinho >>> Head of Security ChunIm Bang Geul >>> Employee YoonNS Yoonji >>> Secretary KimJun Hyun Moo >>> Director MaKang Minhyuk >>> Department Manager Choi

Background story - Team lead Lee was regarded as a prominent asset of the company, being the youngest to earn the position as team lead and successfully leading an international project to completion. Coming from a very well off family and with a good academic background, she's known to be very driven and strong-minded, although inflexible at times. **SPOILERS**CEO Jang is a long time client of the company, also a close friend of Director Ma.  Since team lead Lee was in charge the business relationship has not been beneficial for her company, so she's pressuring Director Ma to set things right with team lead Lee.Manager Choi was investing heavily on shares of a company that's gone bankrupt and now secretly using the company's funds to cover the loss. He also have been dating team lead Lee secretly for 2 months.Secretary Kim had led to believe she and Manager Choi has a little "something" going on, but then he told her that he is now dating team lead Lee. Employer Yoon works under team lead Lee but had personality clashes so the relationship isn't great. Security guard Chun had a secret crush on team lead Lee, installing a hidden camera to watch her from his office. creep!
So much background story! This is my understanding of the story from watching it raw, so might have some mistakes ^^*Hong Jinho looks so skinny here....

Guest snowdjinn

New Great Show with a Great Concept.

Enjoyed the first 4 episodes and looking forward to more.

In the 1st case you have 3 possible killers. All three make perfect murderer and have all from motive, opportunity and all.
In the 2nd case its much better, since there was at least 1 proof that it HAD TO BE the 1 murderer.
Lets see if they keep it up and give a clear murder-hint in Case 3.

MY FAVORITE K-SHOW RIGHT NOW TOGETHER WITH 1n2d Season 3.

@Lil.Miss.A : Yeah, looks like cutting back on late-night alcohol and working out at the gym have worked for Kong, heh.

Incidentally, Jinho is participating in the StarzParty today, organised by Kongdoo Company, which was set up by himself, Lee Duhee (the hacker chap from Genius 2) and Seo Gyung Jon ("Shark" in Starcraft).
Promo video:

Btw, the Chinese subbed version for Ep5 is out. IMO, this case is even more complex than the previous two. Minhyuk looked so stressed trying to keep up - what a vast difference from Henry before him, haha. It was interesting to see how idols perform in such investigative reality show. Both brought different styles into the show and made for a good varied mix of the cast.

Potential spoilers for discussions for those who had watched:
My current deductions:

Secretary Kim (NS Yoonji), or President(?) Ma (Jun Hyun Moo). Possible murder weapon: poison inside the humidifier.

Guest Lil.Miss.A

Minhyuk is doing well!! ^^ it's good to have an eye candy as a player. The girls were definitely excited too. He looks nervous though, so much that's makes him more suspicious lol.
Right now I'm suspecting:

Director Ma - since the team lead doesn't listen to him and he's got pressure from his client and he's up for review the next month.

Employee Yoon - her relationship with the team lead hasn't been good and she feels the team lead is getting all the credits for her work.

The next hint is the recording from 6.00PM, which is strange since it's past the alibi times. I guess there's more background story to be revealed.
Let's see if the detective get it right :D

Guest Lil.Miss.A

Eng subs for Ep 5 is out! clickyAlso the next guest after MinHyuk is Infinite's SungGyu!!!Reunion of the Genius aces! ^^News article in Korean hereSungGyu recorded Crime Scene on the 11th and will be on the episode on 21st June.It's getting exciting each episode! I hope one of them gets the criminal role.

Guest snowdjinn

FULL DETECTIVE SNOW REPORT ( EPISODE 5 ) 
Contains spoilers !! (Special Thanks to Jenny T. for teaching me how to use the spoiler function.)
*Click "Show" to view*

1. Motive
all 6 suspects have a motive for the murder. Director Ma and Agent Jang are guilty of corruption and would like to kill and silence the victim. Manager Choi has money problems and the victim found out. Thats why he would like to kill and silence the victim as well. Security Chun & Secretary Kim are involved into a love affair and might murder the victim because of love. Finally, Intern Yoon got her good business ideas stolen by the victim. Revenge would be Intern Yoon's motive. All 6 suspects have a motive. It doesnt help us to find the killer.

2. Cause of Death
It has to be one of the following A.) Poison B.) Electrocution with the water coming down and an electric source that kills her when sprinklers water is coming down C.) Overdose of her medication that was in her desk. All 3 methods make sense and so far its not easy to find out which of those 3 is the cause of death.

3. Opportunity
If its Poison OR Overdose of Medication then murder must come to victims office and must put it in the coffee / energy drink or whereever it is. If its Electrocution, the murder has to be alone in the office to set it up. This is the timetable for the victims office:
8:30 Secretary Kim is alone in front of victims office. She could go in and set up Electrocution or prepare Poison/Overdose.
8:50  Manager Choi goes in victims office. Victim is not there. Can set up Electrocution or prepare Poison/Overdose.
9:00 Victim enters her office.
9:01 Secretary Kim brings coffee. Victim is there. She could do something else to set up poison/overdose/electrocution.
9:20 Agent Jong enters office. Victim is there. Agent Jong can poison something. She cannot get medication or set up Electrocution.
9:2? Victim leaves her office and has a fight with Manager Choi outside her office.
9:28 Director Ma sees fight. Director Ma enters office. He is alone there. Can set up Electrocution or prepare Poison/Overdose.
9:30 Victim enters her office. Talk with Director Ma. Gets Energy Drink.
Note: Security Chun could have entered office & set up murder before 8:30 because he was one of 2 people alone at the office !!
Note:  Intern Yoon could have entered  office & set up murder before 8:30 because she was one of 2 people alone at the office !!
5 suspects have the opportunity to be alone in the victims office to prepare something. All can do it, except Agent Jong.

4. Most Important in Solving a Crime: Unanswered Questions !
4.1. Did the murderer activate the firealarm ? If so WHY did the murder activate the firealarm ?
no other person has a reason to start a firealarm. They said that the burning of the paper in the meeting room will NOT cause a firealarm. Also, there was no danger from a fire. Therefore, only the murderer had a reason to activate the firealarm. It has to be the murderer. Why ? A.) to wash away a poison/overdose that was in the room B.) to electrocute the victim.
4.2. How was the firealarm triggered ?
3 possibilites: A.) with lighter and the spray (firethrower method) in the Panrty (suspects: Intern Yoon or Secretary Kim ) OR B.) in the meeting room. While Manager Choi is burning the paper he takes a chair and lifts the trashcan with the burning paper up to the fire alarm. Doing it agressively like this will cause the alarm to go off and he has build himself a nice alibi since he can say "just burning a paper wouldnt cause a firealarm." OR C.) Security Chun can activate the firealarm & sprinkler from his desk. It really makes no sense that he can activate a firealarm but he cannot activate the sprinkler. That would be stupid in case of a real fire... if he CAN make the alarm go off then he HAS TO be able to activate the sprinklers to stop the fire. This means Director Ma and Agent Jong are innocent and could not have triggered the firealarm !
4.3 The Coffee Beans are on the floor ? WHY ?
To be quite honest, i have no idea why the coffee beans are on the floor. It makes me a bit uneasy but my best guess is that Director Ma and Agent Jong had a bit of an argument when they met in Director Ma's office from 9:55 to 10:10 and maybe it fell down because of that. But i have no idea why they wouldnt tell us about it. Its a Mystery to me.
4.4 Secretary Kim and Intern Yoon never meet in the Pantry or the toilet ? WHY ?
This is really strange. They never meet. If suspect alibis dont match then thats usually a strong sign that one of them is the murderer. It seems that one of them is a liar and was not at the toilet. One of them stayed in the pantry and used the equipment there to cause the firealarm. It has to be the person that went into the pantry LAST. Why else would that person lie about being on the toilet when the alarm went off ? So the murderer would be one of them.

Final Words:
Director Ma & Agent Jong had no way to set up the firealarm unless you can do it with coffeebeans in Director Ma's Office. lol. I doubt it. So they are not the murderer. Security Chun as a murderer is a bit weird. Almost no hints point at him.
I think the murderer had to be in the victims office to set up the murder. (take the medication from the desk or poison something in the room) Possible murders are Intern Yoon (could have been in victims office alone before 8:30) or Secretary Kim (could have been in the victims office between 8:30 and 8:50) and Manager Choi (was in the victims office between 8:50 and 9:00).  Because Intern and Secretary never met in the toilet.... it seems to be one of them. The one who lied was actually in the pantry and activated the watersprinkler with the "firethrower" equipment. By doing so, the murderer washed away the overdose of medication or poison, i guess. So Yeah... If we get no good explaination for them not running into each other in the toilet its one of them. If we get a good explaination for them not meeting in the toilet then its Manager Choi. Seriously, Cn Blue Guest is acting sooooo suspicious and nervous ! Its one of those three. Hopefully i can narrow it down further in Ep06.

That was,
Detective Snow. hehehe.
Hope my thoughts are not too weird. lol.

Guest Lil.Miss.A

@snowdjinn wow that is some serious detective work ^^I was thinking why Jun HyunMoo said "got water on her" so electrocution fits as another method of murder. Then Security Chun is also strong candidate? He was visibly nervous when the detective asked him about the sprinklers. Then again, if it was electrocution, the position she was in when they found her didn't show any sign of shock.
Funny how the votes when as high as 64% to MinHyuk at the start of the game.. is this just CNBlue fans doing? kk
I was also trying that spoiler tags few times until I got it working.. there's a thread here to test your post.

Just read some news on the Chinese forum:

- "Crime Scene" will soon be showing one case per episode. 
>>> I've actually gotten used to the current pace. Hope this change will not mess up the editing with too many drastic cuts, unless they extend the broadcast duration. My guess is that they may do away with the first round of voting, and move the free talk segment forward to right after the 5-min briefing. I also find the current format of individual interrogation done during the 2nd round of crime scene investigation very disruptive esp to the suspects who keep getting called into the room, but the pace may be draggy if they separate that segment, so I'm in two minds about this.

- Lawyer Kang Yongsuk (of Sseul Jeon) will replace Lawyer Im Banggeul for Crime Scene. 
>>> What a pity, I quite like her performances so far. Since they replace one female cast with a male, it'll probably mean the programme may begin to invite female (idol?) guests, if they want to maintain the 3M-3F balance.

I think Minhyuk's votes shot up after the police detective said Minhyuk's expression changed after he read his suspect role card.

Think I'd stick with my original suspect Secretary Kim for now, but her weak defence had me wondering was it because she was innocent or she just did not know how to defend herself. I'm now also inclined towards Employee Yoon too, although evidence against her so far had been weak.

*edited to include spoiler tags

Guest snowdjinn

Jenny T said:

Just read some news on the Chinese forum:

- "Crime Scene" will soon be showing one case per episode. 
>>> I've actually gotten used to the current pace. Hope this change will not mess up the editing with too many drastic cuts, unless they extend the broadcast duration. My guess is that they may do away with the first round of voting, and move the free talk segment forward to right after the 5-min briefing. I also find the current format of individual interrogation done during the 2nd round of crime scene investigation very disruptive esp to the suspects who keep getting called into the room, but the pace may be draggy if they separate that segment, so I'm in two minds about this.

- Lawyer Kang Yongsuk (of Sseul Jeon) will replace Lawyer Im Banggeul for Crime Scene. 
>>> What a pity, I quite like her performances so far. Since they replace one female cast with a male, it'll probably mean the programme may begin to invite female (idol?) guests, if they want to maintain the 3M-3F balance.

Archived