[Variety] Crime Scene (추리게임 - 크라임씬) JTBC | Season 2 starts 1 April 2015

Guest Lil.Miss.A

Guest RiaJohns

Just watched EP 8...Hyung Moo is totally hilarious with the mother in law concept LOL!

I never thought he is a dumb detective because he is always the one who found critical and detailed clues!!!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I've following Crime Scene from the get go. It's been an interesting watch so far. 
I've been so bad with my deductions, I almost always got it wrong. 

In the 1st case, I though it was the the mom, cause from what I know if a husband/wife was murdered the prime suspect was mostly the spouse. But after seeing the CCTV, all my theory went down the drain. I was so confuse as to who the murder was that I couldn't pinpoint it to the daughter. I though It was too much of a hustle for the daughter to do it. I was so distracted with Henry's ways of investigating, that in the end I though the murderer was him, the brother-in-law. To my defence, they couldn't find the bloody rain coat till the end. Anyway, in the 1st case I got it wrong.

On the 2nd case, my guess was either Maggie or Tom. It was based on the fact that they discovered the body and throughout the investigation their alibis were weak and their motive was rather obvious. But because most of the evidences they found pointed to Maggie, I was leaning more on her than Tom. Once again I was wrong. 
The 3rd case for me was a confusing one. Until they revealed that the cause of death was electrocution that lead to a heart attack, I couldn't really pinpoint on anyone. After that was explained, I thought that it was more of a relationship-related crime, rather than a business-related ones. With that, my prime suspect was the secretary and the boyfriend. As for the the security, for me he was more of a stalker. And for a stalker to commit murder, there need to be an aggravating incident, in which there was none. Plus, the murder weapon was the lamp stand with a camera that he installed. Unless he's really stupid or rushed, he wouldn't use it or used it after removing the camera, which he didn't. Those facts eliminate him as the murderer. I really didn't consider the other 3 as the murder. I was again confused between the last 2 suspects. The boyfriend burning some papers in a lock meeting room was really suspicious for me. I really thought he could start the sprinkler if he made a big enough fire and put it directly under the sprinkler. I never thought that the spray and lighter could do the job until they showed me how. Nearing the end, I was leaning more on the secretary. And finally for once I was right. Yippie!
For the 4th case, before I watch the episode, I read on the case they were revering. And because of this I was so focused on the one in the same cell as the victim when he was found. I so focused on the gang leader that I couldn't really see all the evidences that lead to the arsonist. I made excuses for the other suspect beside the gang leader on their motives. In the end, this case was a total screw up for me. I had to watch it again to see all the details that pinpoint to the real murderer, the arsonist.
Finally on the the 5th case, I got it right from the get go. Basing on the theory I had on the 1st case, my prime suspect was the husband, even before they picked roles. From the COD explanation that it was heart attack and the fact that the victim has been feeling tired lately we got from the phone conversation with the daughter, which in the end leads to medication as way of murder, I'm more convince that the doctor husband was the murderer. The fact that they found out that the surgery medications was switch with harmful medications that's available from the husband's clinic made it a no brainer that the husband was the murderer. This case was too obvious for me. The only thing that's a bit confusing is whether the murderer need to be with the victim at the time of murder.

Too bad that they only made this for 10 episode. I wish they would make more. It's really an interesting show.

Guest acrobaleno

Too bad that they only made this for 10 episode. I wish they would make more. It's really an interesting show.

Well, this kind of show seems to need a lot of preparation so its understandable why its only 10 episode.

Episode 9

Someone just became the criminal genius in crime scene? Haha, can't wait for subs

Guest Lil.Miss.A

Oh wow ep 9 was the biggest twist ever.If ep 8 was a bit of a let down ep 9 is probably the best ep so far.
Seems like everyone was fooled, even the viewers.

When I watched it live streaming up until voting time I was suspecting Park Jiyoon - it didn't make sense that she was forcing the flag as dying message then change who she was suspecting so easily. The fact she and the referee met at night so many times without the bf knowing is also suspicious - high possibility she got the same 'dirty' treatment from the referee. But how did she get the dustpack - that was missing. Also she doesn't look like the type that can knock down the referee in one go. Then I stopped watching so I can rewatch the ep.On the second watch I was leading towards NS Yoonji since she got threats from the referee and she has access to the dustpacks. Plus she's an assistant referee so physical wise she's stronger than the footballer's gf.But wow did all of us got it wrong.The one miss-assumption was I had thought that since a cart was used to move the body around it must be one of the women.

So both weeks in a row the deduction idiots done something big :) although seems like Jun Hyunmoo got out of it without doing much at all since people were fussing over Park Jiyoon and Yoonji.

Aww last ep this Saturday and Minhyuk is back! Looks like they're preparing something big.

I'm inclined to agree with many that E09 was the best episode so far.

My pick was Girlfriend Park too because everything fitted well and her defence this time around was so much weaker than what she would have given when she was her normal self. The only time I was hesitant was that she was the one who found the murder weapon, because the real murderer would enjoy the best advantage if no one ever discovered the weapon. In the end, I swayed and followed most people, and was proven wrong. :-/

I have to give Reporter Jun/JHM credit for acting like his normal 'pabo' self (LOL) but seriously he actually did actively look for some incriminating evidence as well, like the blood on the balls.

Even though the murder was merely a re-enactment and they used a dummy for the victim, it was still horrifying to watch for me last night. In the end, I found out that the actual case that this was based on was even more gruesome. :-O

Last episode next week, boohoohoo
:((

Guest Lil.Miss.A

What's funny is,

Churi wang Park Jiyoon and churi pabo Jun Hyunmoo are now on equal points.And Kong is in the second spot again... lolll

Guest Lil.Miss.A

Eng subs ep 9 is out.. get it at bumdi's http://bxrme.tumblr.com/ (yall should have it bookmarked by now :) )
Brain maps of ep 10 playerslvfgj.jpg
(from center, then top, then clockwise)Min HyukI'll catch the culprit!Park Jiyoon = the noona I can trustJun Hyunmoo = the person I can't trustCNBLUEI'm handsomeI'm Director Min!Maybe I'm the culprit?(in red) the actress is pretty
Hong JinhoThe last episode's first place is mine! Activate the sexy deduction brain!NS Yoonji vs Lady JaneFire lightning slap?SpeakerAnimalistic instinctKongDoo companyCrime Scene fashionista(in red) Buy Guillaume dinner (meat)
NS YoonjiBest tears acting that fooled even detectivesCrime scene winners prizeBasketball than soccerEven if Kang Minhyuk was the culprit it's all goodSexy dance (if) 3% ratingsPink chemi(stry) with Hong JinhoJiyoon onnie! I'm the deduction queen!(in red) Fulltiming as actress! Going to BaekSang (awards)!
Park JiyoonMe? I'm the Deduction Queen!What do I do after Crime Scene?Venn diagramAmbitious ladyCutie-gazing "just believe in noona"Final prize is all mineDeduction chemi(stry) with Hong Jinho? or not?(in red) Blog
Kang Yong SeokI'm no longer a deduction idiot!Won joon & In joon & Se Joon (hmm.. maybe the name of his kids?)Broadcasts. Or Politics. That's the question.Embarrassment of first episode.The medicine room's deduction twistKing of stubbornnessVariety deduction shooter(in red) I.already.know.the culprit
Jun HyunMooSsom mania (culprit that not like a culprit)That damn affectionFire lightning slapDeduction theater MCDeduction idiotHidden singer 3Bromance with Jinho(in red) JTBC's son

Guest snowdjinn

FULL DETECTIVE SNOW REPORT ( EPISODE 9 ) 
Contains spoilers !!    *Click "Show" to view*

Also... Episode 10, the upcoming final episode. Can we already predict something for Episode 10 ? ;-)

the players say some interesting information but suddenly they find out another interesting information and then another info and another info. After a while, i had a lot of murder-puzzle-pieces but nothing fitted together and it just confused me. A lot of stuff is pure speculation: "she met the coach 4times at 11 clock. He must have sexually harassed her. He also harassed the female co-referee." That sounds likely but we have no proof for that. its not a fact, its just speculation. So when we only look at the puzzle pieces that are FACTS, maybe we can solve the murder ?

1st Fact:  Death in the Trophy Room (blood, flag)
we have the trophy that is full of blood. we have the bloody footballs and the glass pieces of the watch. Facts ! the victim was murdered in that room. Then the wagon was used to bring the dead body to the field. Since the body was found early morning loooong after everyone left the arena, it could have happened anytime even long after everyone else left the arena except the murderer who just stays. The flag was placed in the victims hand. That means the murderer wants to link the murder to the decision during the football game. It could be because of pure hate (Striker, Girlfriend of Striker) or to hide the true motivation behind the murder (corrupt coach, corrupt goalkeeper). We dont know why. So the flag doesnt help us find the murderer.

2nd Fact: Time of Death + The watch that the victim never wore (video hint)
During the first search, the players find a broken watch on the dead body that stopped at 10:15. But later, when the video plays, they should notice that the referee is not wearing a watch when he is on the video. So that means the watch was used by the murderer and he put it on the victim. Then the murder must have used it to manipulate the time of death. (why else would he deliberately put the broken watch on the dead body ?) So 10:15 is not the time the murder happened. On the video hint, we see that the victim is still alive at 10:00. In the beginning of the episode, they tell us death ocurred between 9:55 and 11:00. The lights went out at 10:50 PM. That means we know that he was killed between 10:20 PM and 10:45 PM. (lets give him 5 min to put the dead body on the field before the light goes out)  The murderer killed him in the trophy room so the murderer can just wait until everyone else left and then put the dead body on the field.

3rd Fact: (THE IMPORTANT FACT) The dust bag
The Video Hint shows us what happens until the lights go out at 10:50 PM. That means the murder must get the dust bag before the lights go out. He cannot meet the referee and commit the murder with the lights out, right ? So while the camera is running he has to get the dustbag. The dustbags are in conference room. Some of the reporters throw them into the trashcan. The camera shows us the trashcan all the time so no one can take out a dustbag without getting filmed by the camera. No one took one of those dustbags. The only 2 persons inside the conference room who can take a dust bag are : the Reporter and the female Co-Referee. That means only 1 of them can be the murderer. Fact. And yes, i think its absolutely possible that the Co-Referee hides a dustbag under her clothing when she leaves the conference room. Later, she could use it to murder the victim OR the reporter takes the dust bag out of the room in his bag.

FINAL SNOW VOTE:
i have no idea if its the reporter or the co-referee !!! BUT they have 2 female roles and 4 male roles. Both females already played the murderer. 3 out of 4 males, including the guest, have never been the murderer. So for the sake of the show, they want at least 1 episode with Hyunmoo or a guest as murderer, right ? So they make a male player the killer. HAHA. Actually, the only person who profits from a fake time of death at 10:15 is reporter Hyunmoo. He has an alibi for that time so its fair to assume that he is the killer when he sets the time at 10:15, knowing fully well that the camera will film him at 10:20 leaving the conference room. It doesnt help Co-Referee's alibi if its 10:15 instead of a little while later. So yes, i guess that points at Hyunmoo as the killer.

BTW, EPISODE 10 also has many male players and only 2 female players. The guest is a man.  The guest was never the criminal. Oh, i think they would really like it if the guest is at least ONCE the murderer or our lawyer player should be murderer ONCE.... or how funny would it be if its Hyunmoo twice in a row.....  SOOOO...  a male murderer would have a higher chance of an interesting ending. Episode 10 murderer will be a man ! i am sure of it. ;-) Haha.

Did they hope Key would pick the Striker ? If he did, (an idol would normally go for a cool player image) then the reporter would have been an obsessed fan of Key. A little hint at obsessed idol fans ? Ohhh maybe that was the little plan of the staff. hehe.

Guest titinio

@snowdjinn by reading ur comment, did you think the role dividing is actually pre-planned? not just up to the player's choice? coz if that's the case...I'm pretty disappointed [-(i really hope they let the players to choose on their own, make it spontaneous rather than scripted.

Guest Lil.Miss.A

@titinio nah I don't think the CS staff actually pre-arranged the roles.I do sometimes get the feeling that the staff gives hints to the players at the last minutes to where deeply hidden clues were located.For example, when suddenly Jun Hyunmoo the found the button in the high school case, and when he was looking at the pantry floor on the trading firm murder case - although in the end Kong found the hairpin clue.In case 1 if they had found the raincoat there wouldn't be any doubt to who the murderer was.Afterall the viewers can only follow the story as it is uncovered by the players and point to the murderer based on the hints they found.So I guess the staffs want to make sure all the relevant hints are passed to the viewers as well.
It would be cruel if Minhyuk gets the murderer role though.. he wanted to come back to solve the caseDoes it look like his hands? Is it Kong's?? ^^28imgys.jpg

Guest titinio

@Lil.Miss.A your explanation on the hints are make sense, i don't mind with that tbh, i just hope they don't pre-arranged the killer's role. 
that hand can be man or woman actually, the soft muscle looks like a man, but the long fingers & polished nail can also belonged to a woman. or it could be just for promotion purposes, doesn't necessarily means the culprit XD
i can't wait for the next case~
ps: does someone know about the genius S3?? when it will be aired? and what's show after crime scene ends? JTBC is good at this kind of variety show, a refreshing changes from the usual var show =.= 

Guest snowdjinn

titinio said: @snowdjinn by reading ur comment, did you think the role dividing is actually pre-planned? not just up to the player's choice? coz if that's the case...I'm pretty disappointed [-(i really hope they let the players to choose on their own, make it spontaneous rather than scripted.

Guest snowdjinn

FULL DETECTIVE SNOW REPORT ( EPISODE 10 ) 
Contains spoilers !!    *Click "Show" to view*

The Best Episode ! Episode 10 is really great !

the players and the detective do a very good job. They find a lot of important clues.

1. the only one who wears clothes that are already full of blood is the Lead Actor. (its difficult for other suspects to kill her because of blood)

2. he leaves very early and is "at home" which means he is not seen for a long time that day.  Basically, he has no alibi for a long time.

3. he is one of the suspects who types the same way in which the murderer typed the fake messages.

4. he is one of the suspects who knows about the chisel.

5. Just like Jinho said near the end.... the killer called the mother who is only known to all 6 suspects as a rich person. That means the murder was most likely for money and this is exactly the motive for the lead actor who desperately needs money.

With this, the players found out that the Leader Actor is presumably the murderer. Its very convincing.

FINAL SNOW VOTE:
When i heard the players talk about the stuff i listed above, i was convinced that the lead actor must be the murderer. I didnt investigate myself. i just watch them and then believed what they said. The case was very interesting but at the end everything pointed at the Lead Actor. So Yes, its no surprise that 5 of 7 players voted for him and caught the killer.

Guest shinhwachangjo

I somehow stumbled onto this show, but I ended up enjoying it so much. I'm glad it ended with such an enjoyable episode! Somehow my favourite part was when Jinho was told to pledge that if he was wrong about the murderer, he'd have to speak formally to Im Yohwan from now on and forever be second best to him- it got a good laugh out of me, especially since he was So! Sure! before that, and he visibly lost a lot of confidence when it was suggested.
In related news, I read some Korean articles (with my limited language skills) that Jinho isn't going to participate in The Genius Season 3 because of his busy schedule. I didn't expect him to, but still, I was sad because I absolutely loved him in the show and the way he played the game. And @Bumdidlyump said on Twitter that Jang Dongmin is going to on it though~
Anyways, I hope we get a season 2 of Crime Scene soon!

shinhwachangjo said: I somehow stumbled onto this show, but I ended up enjoying it so much. I'm glad it ended with such an enjoyable episode! Somehow my favourite part was when Jinho was told to pledge that if he was wrong about the murderer, he'd have to speak formally to Im Yohwan from now on and forever be second best to him- it got a good laugh out of me, especially since he was So! Sure! before that, and he visibly lost a lot of confidence when it was suggested.
In related news, I read some Korean articles (with my limited language skills) that Jinho isn't going to participate in The Genius Season 3 because of his busy schedule. I didn't expect him to, but still, I was sad because I absolutely loved him in the show and the way he played the game. And @Bumdidlyump said on Twitter that Jang Dongmin is going to on it though~
Anyways, I hope we get a season 2 of Crime Scene soon!

Archived