[Sitcom 2006] Soulmate 소울메이트

Guest yeohweping

Guest laugh_a_lot

This drama was meaningful and lovely! -sigh- too bad the two main characters didn't have that many scenes together! Gah! They really need to make a season 2! Why did it have to be cancelled! T.T

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LolitaMan

Just finished this last saturday night. The scene when LeeSooKyung pretended to be happy and then sat on the bench crying her heart out after meeting philip was so sad ...and then the music came on and there was Shin DongWook as he put the earpiece into her ear...that scene got me good. :tears:

P.S. How come Lee Soo Kyung doesn't have her own page?

i just realized that this is a really really good drama..i just finished it and i want to petition for a season two or something. like everyone said, it's so meaningful and beautiful. I think it 's actually really nice because it's like everyday with a lesson to learn about love. ahhhh....it should have been longer. or need to have a season two.

You guys can mass download the drama over night with this bitorrent. http://d-addicts.net/torrents/soulmate%20e...atch%29.torrent It has all the episodes and subs and everything.

This drama is so belittled and not as popular as it should be! It's a great drama or so called "sitecom" the director is not making a second season and you guys should help persuade him by emailing him at song@mbc.co.kr I liked it a lot.

You guys can mass download the drama over night with this bitorrent. http://d-addicts.net/torrents/soulmate%20e...atch%29.torrent It has all the episodes and subs and everything.

This drama is so belittled and not as popular as it should be! It's a great drama or so called "sitecom" the director is not making a second season and you guys should help persuade him by emailing him at song@mbc.co.kr I liked it a lot.

<3 Mimi

maybe if we can get enough people to email they'll think about it now. i think that in 2006-2007 the hype was on other dramas, so this drama probably didn't get what it deserved. i only saw this drama now, like many other fans in here. i think it'll be great if teh same cast and season 2 was made. hahahahaha....i know, i'm dreamin' eh? it's okay to imagine. hehehehe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest thirsties

if u recall, SOO KYOONG's fantasy of a perfect proposal is one that is done in front of a CASTLE and with some foreigners singing.. has anyone realized that this might be another one of her premonitions? come to think of it, there's a DISNEYWORLD in japan...

this is just wishful thinking...

wow this was a long time ago but omg that's a really good observation... yes i'm sticking to this theory haha

What a great show! I just finished watching this one (watched the first 2 eps, went on hiatus and finished the rest in less than 2 days) I think the ending was great! I liked that Soo-gyeong didn't go with Dong-wook on that trip, I just thought it was too sudden and she made the right decision. And just then look at that, they were both in Japan at the end! I think they're definitely soulmates, so they're definitely gonna meet up. I'm listening to the OST right now and this is one of the first times (besides Jumong) that I love every track..I have a project now thanks to Dramabeans song list, I'll be searching for every song hehe... C'mon Through is such a solid song. I think the bench scene has become my most favorite k-drama scene ever....

Guest Pomato Soup

wow this was a long time ago but omg that's a really good observation... yes i'm sticking to this theory haha

Haha. I wish I could too... That scene actually takes place in Lotte World, which is in Seoul. Still, I think the ending left plenty of room for my imagination to be happy. I would rather imagine my own happy ending than have the series go on for a second season and ruin my giddiness after finishing this series... maybe I'm just a pessimist, though ;)

I've been listening to the songs from this drama for days... There are so many fantastic artists featured, and every song used so well in the show. Right now my favorite is The Stuff, but C'mon Through is absolutely gorgeous.

Guest bioshiva07

almost finished this on dramafever.

AMAZING. it's more refreshing in that it covers more normal and everday topics of courtship, even parts that i haven't really given much thought to. but the best part has to be the songs. best soundtrack hands down, and i thought coffee prince's ost was good.

wish they would continue this...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cookieremix

AHH!! I finished watching this yesterday on Dramafever and I have to say, I haven't loved a drama this much in awhile!!

I love everything about it. From the actors, to the OST, to the storyline.

It shows you things you would never think about when it comes to relationships.

And Dongwook is so cute in this!! I love it <3

Guest writtenkarma

I watched this last summer in Korea and finished it when I came back to the US.

I cried not cause it was sad but it was just amazing.

The songs played on this drama fit amazingly.

The actors, storyline, everything.

Hands down, one of my favorite dramas ever.

I really love Shin Dong Wook so much in this.

Wow this show was and is still so good. I'm still replaying the songs on this show - I've been dedicating my time online on finding some songs that aren't featured on the OST album (FPM & Ryohei Yamamoto's "Why not?" <33!!) and yes, Shin Dongwook is so cute!! I'm watching Money's War b/c he's in it

Guest musicgurl627

For those who want to download can find the drama with eng soft subs at http://silentregrets.com/

OST can be found at various places like http://asianosts.cjb.net/index.php?act=idx

I agree that this drama was so underrated! I didn't hear about it until I saw allkpop talk about it. This is one of my favorite kdrama and the OST is amazing! I also like the original ending in that it makes us wonder if they're really destined for each other. If she had left with him it would've been too fast. Although I would like a second season, I still like how the original ending makes us guess. hehe!

^^ I have some songs that are hard to find

Mr. V - Jus Dance (Sole Channel Mix)

Cujo - Superstars of Rock - Apollo (Adam Goldstone edit)

Back 2 Earth - Motor Launch for Hire

A3 - Woke Up This Morning (Chosen One mix)

Manabu Iwamura - Smartest World <-- HARD time finding this one.... not sure I have the full version either :(

Pink Martini - No Hay Problema

Annie - Heartbeat

Doctor Rockit - Cafe de Flore (Charles Webster mix)

Gonzales (ft. Feist) - Shameless Eyes

Cesaria Evora - Carnaval de Sao Vicente (Jazzy Carnaval mix)

But I can't find the following songs:

Andre Popp - Musique Mecanique

Renata Scotto - “E strano… Ah, fors’e lui… Follie, follie… sempre libera” from La Traviata

Sous Le Ciel de Paris

Soulmate's OST takes a lot of songs from Hotel Costes, a collection of lounge/house/paris music from this DJ Stéphane Pompougnac..... I really love this OST too, it's been over 2 weeks since I finished Soulmate and I'm still repeating the OST. I Love the Bassment Jaxx, Sia, Annie, FPM, Nouvelle Vague & Lasse Lindh because of this OST <3

Guest LucKy#1

i dont know if someone asked this already but i cant find it. well, i did find it at the archives but they didnt have the whole ost. so if someone has the whole ost, can you please share it?

[edit]

at the end of the last episode it said season 1, so im asking if there's a season 2. i just finished watching it a few minutes. the drama is so unique. its one of the best ive seen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pityfulblue

yea me too just finished watching!!! i read in d-addicts that it was intended to be season 2 but it seems like no company is picking it up for season 2 because its ratings were low

which really sucks!!! this sitcom? it should be labeled drama b/c its def. equal in stats and perhaps even higher than some of romantic comedies...they tell a love story but proposes a lot of realistic problems that everyday ppl encounter, kind of like carrie bradshaw's column in sex and the city, and the whole 6degrees of connection is just weird but hey coincidence makes it dramatic

the official osts (there's one that's fully english songs and a second that has features some korean singers and instrumentals) cut out a lot of songs featured in the show, maybe cuz theres so many! im still looking for the one that dongwook plays for seohyeong in the car while he talks about john lennon's love for yoko ono, it's a beatles song right?

oh yea! shin dongwook is the cousin of superjunior's kim kibum! that's so cool they have a slight resemblance but i guess acting runs in the family

Does anyone know the names of the director, producer, and scriptwriter for this drama?

Director(s): No Do-chul, Sun Hye-yoon

Screenwriters: Jo Jin-kook, Park Eun-jung, Nam Ji-yeon

Does anyone know about their other works?

Archived