[drama 2002] Romance 로망스

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Guest Choi Ji Woo
[MBC] Kim Ha Neul, Kim Jae Won, Kim Yoo Mi, etc.
This drama is being replayed here in the Philippines on QTV Channel 11..I kind of like this miniseries hehe!!! 05.jpg04.jpg02.jpg MBC Wed/Thur Miniseries (2002)- 16 episodes For MBC website in Korean, click here. Aired on MBC in Korea: May 8, 2002 - June 27, 2002 on Wednesday & Thursday nights 9:55. Aired with English subtitles on KBFD-TV in Hawaii: 7/3/02 - 8/22/02 Wednesday & Thursday nights 7:50 (replaced Wolf Hunting) Cast: Choi Kwan-woo (student, 19): Kim Jae Won (Rival) Kim Chae-won (teacher, 25): Kim Ha Neul (Secret/Piano) Lee Eun-suk (son of the Chairman): Jung Sung Hwan (Like Father, Unlike Son/Angel in My Heart) Choi Yun-hee (Kwan-woo's sister): Kim Yoo Mi (Ijema) Introduction*: Kwan-woo and Chae-won meet one day and sparks fly despite the fact that Kwan-woo is a third year high school student and Chae-won is a teacher. They don't know this at first because Kwan-woo lies and says he 's a college student while Chae-won hides the fact she teaches. They spend an incredible day together then separate with promises to meet again. Due to family problems and mishaps, Kwan-woo ends up moving to Seoul where he transfers to the school Chae-won teaches at.

Guest atreyu112

This drama is being replayed here in the Philippines on QTV Channel 11..I kind of like this miniseries hehe!!!

05.jpg

04.jpg

02.jpg

MBC Wed/Thur Miniseries (2002)- 16 episodes

For MBC website in Korean, click here.

Aired on MBC in Korea: May 8, 2002 -

June 27, 2002 on Wednesday & Thursday nights 9:55.

Aired with English subtitles on KBFD-TV in Hawaii: 7/3/02 - 8/22/02 Wednesday & Thursday nights 7:50 (replaced Wolf Hunting)

Cast:

Choi Kwan-woo (student, 19): Kim Jae Won (Rival)

Kim Chae-won (teacher, 25): Kim Ha Neul (Secret/Piano)

Lee Eun-suk (son of the Chairman): Jung Sung Hwan (Like Father, Unlike Son/Angel in My Heart)

Choi Yun-hee (Kwan-woo's sister): Kim Yoo Mi (Ijema)

Introduction*:

Kwan-woo and Chae-won meet one day and sparks fly despite the fact that Kwan-woo is a third year high school student and Chae-won is a teacher. They don't know this at first because Kwan-woo lies and says he 's a college student while Chae-won hides the fact she teaches. They spend an incredible day together then separate with promises to meet again. Due to family problems and mishaps, Kwan-woo ends up moving to Seoul where he transfers to the school Chae-won teaches at.

I loveee this drama.. one of KHN's best drama.. and she looked sooo cute in it.. and Jae won too

i bought the yesasia dvd set for this a year ago n still havent finish it..i like kim ha neul..she's my fave actress..

i guess the reason that i haven't finish it, it's that im not really comfortable with the whole teacher-student relationship..i know a lot of ppl said this series was really good but it's going to take me some time to watch all the epis..

Guest Choi Ji Woo

i bought the yesasia dvd set for this a year ago n still havent finish it..i like kim ha neul..she's my fave actress..

i guess the reason that i haven't finish it, it's that im not really comfortable with the whole teacher-student relationship..i know a lot of ppl said this series was really good but it's going to take me some time to watch all the epis..

yeah, but as everyone knows, love knows no boundaries..i guess that's the drama's moral lesson..hehehe!!!

I loveee this drama.. one of KHN's best drama.. and she looked sooo cute in it.. and Jae won too

Ha Neul always acts best in her dramas..and Jae Won's so handsome there..first watched him in this hehe!!!

Guest atreyu112

Clauric, the only love between student-teacher was before she flew off to europe.. and after that, it's normal lovestory between male n female.. actually, i like this drama coz the way the writer twist it.. and how the teacher handles it.. it shows that a teacher will always be a teacher, always think abt the student first and willing to endure all the pain and sacrifice as long her student success in his life..

Clauric, the only love between student-teacher was before she flew off to europe.. and after that, it's normal lovestory between male n female.. actually, i like this drama coz the way the writer twist it.. and how the teacher handles it.. it shows that a teacher will always be a teacher, always think abt the student first and willing to endure all the pain and sacrifice as long her student success in his life..

btw, i love its OST.. nice one!. Just finished download it..

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Thanks to everyone who replied in here..I'm expecting more, more, more replies from other drama fans!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Choi Ji Woo

There is also a rewind of this drama here in the Philippines on QTV 11, weeknights at 11:30 pm-12:00 mn..

Guest Jamieâ„¢

I loved this drama. :)

the student-teacher relationship was sorta weird, but I was glad that they got together after he graduated or else I would've felt uncomfortable watching it.

Kim Jae Won looked really cute in this drama too ^^

but my fav character is Jong Min omgg he is sucha cutie ^__^

Does anyone know where I can dl this drama btw?

I wanna rewatch it :)

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Try to look for this drama in the Clubbox thread..or just buy it at Yesasia.com, if you have the money hehe!!!

Yesasia.com had a promo last year, and they gave away one Romance English Subbed DVD Boxset..hmm...

If I remember it right, the promo was about voting for your fave K-drama..I joined in, but no luck..harharhar

Guest pel1300

they only have a 6 year age difference, i think the drama would have been more effective with a wider age gap.

seriously, i can't take the characters seriously when they create so much drama over a 6 year age gap. the student in this drama is of legal age anyway.

on the other hand, i can't imagine what the characters would be like if it were a 25 year old male teacher and a 19 year old female student....ac

• 3 weeks later...
Guest badhairday

I'm watching this drama right now. A friend lent me her dvds... I'm lovin it. KHN is so cute and funny in this series. I just love her character and her comedic timing. And, I'm quite smitten with Kim Jae Won in this series. I saw him in My Love Patzzi before, but I noticed Kim Rae Won more in that drama.. but he totally shines in this drama. The whole teacher/student relationship doesn't bother me as much after watching the chinese drama Return of the Condor Heroes.

• 2 months later...

This is one of my favourite K dramas. Superb acting from both Kim Ha Neul and Kim Jae Won. Even though Romance a pretty old drama, I recently decided to purchase it because of KJW. At the onset, I did not think very much of KJW as he is not that good looking. But after watching him in Wonderful Life (2004) and My Love Patzzi (2002), I think he is a really good actor and has a very endearing screen quality. His performance in Romance totally lived up to my expectations and I will be watching out for his other works. Romance is a definite "must watch" even for non KHN & KJW fans. It is well acted and the story unfolds well. I agree that the teacher/student theme in Romance can put off some people but like KJW says in the drama .. they met first as friends, connected and love blossomed. The brutal realization of their real situation creates obstacles and invites ostracism by society. It is indeed unfortunate but it is even more heartbreaking to stand in the way of true love.

• 4 months later...
Guest jade_empress

wow...i absolutely dislike this drama...something is wrong with the plot...the teacher-student thingy plus everyone seems overacting...especially kim jae-won....speaking of him, I can't understand on how he had fell in love with his teacher....it wasn't delivered properly....

oh well, i loved kim jae-won in wonderful life...hehe..:)

• 6 months later...

Archived