2007 Sm Audition San Francisco/oakland

dbSk iS k00l

^

yea you should definately send in the email ^^

i sent two already one with my gmail and one with my yahoo...

but they havent replyed yet >.<

it was like this last year too..

hahahah last year some people were really scared to come to oakland cause they thought it would be really ghetto but it wasn't bad ^^....

where are you from????? 1.5 hours away? wow thats far

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

yea you should definately send in the email ^^

i sent two already one with my gmail and one with my yahoo...

but they havent replyed yet >.<

it was like this last year too..

hahahah last year some people were really scared to come to oakland cause they thought it would be really ghetto but it wasn't bad ^^....

where are you from????? 1.5 hours away? wow thats far

I'm from Sac. Lol

I've been to Oakland a few times a while back 'cause I went to visit my cousins.

And for weddings (You know how long mien weddings are, if you're one ><")

I'll try to send in one this week! Do we have to send in a picture of ourself?

*hides*

I'm from Sac. Lol

I've been to Oakland a few times a while back 'cause I went to visit my cousins.

And for weddings (You know how long mien weddings are, if you're one ><")

I'll try to send in one this week! Do we have to send in a picture of ourself?

*hides*

omg your mien!?!?!?!?!?! dude i didnt even know!! ahahahah

hey my names meuy ^^

and yea u have to send in the pictures with the email..

just attach the pics to the email it will be fine...

Guest kkkawaii

^ HAHA MY NAME IS NANCY TOO!!!! lol

i wanna go but the auditions are the day after my school's homecoming dance 0_0....

plus, i need to practice..... but my parents hate it when i sing cuz they want me to "concentrate" on my studies....T_T

Guest homesoy

Hey !! I remember you!! #1 right? I don't know if I want to do it again this year. I'm still kind of angry about how they said they'd contact the round 2 auditioners within a month and they didn't. FLAKE=UNPROFESSIONAL.

^ HAHA MY NAME IS NANCY TOO!!!! lol

i wanna go but the auditions are the day after my school's homecoming dance 0_0....

plus, i need to practice..... but my parents hate it when i sing cuz they want me to "concentrate" on my studies....T_T

HI Nancy! LOLS

i wanna go.

seriously... im bringing a notebook and writing SOOMPI on it and holding it up until someone comes and says hi.

Hahahah, if I go, I should do the same thing as you, but instead of a notebook, I'll use a BIG box and write down SOOMPI!!!!

I need to sound proof my room <_<. My mom's across the room from me, and my brother's next door to me.

Guest AYRAVE

oh wow. i loved to meet all of you. ive practiced singing. but still havent reached my goal in hitting th high notes. most of you must be really good by now. it be cool if we meet up. =] .

Guest pucapunipoemi

i wanna go.

seriously... im bringing a notebook and writing SOOMPI on it and holding it up until someone comes and says hi.

Hahahah, if I go, I should do the same thing as you, but instead of a notebook, I'll use a BIG box and write down SOOMPI!!!!

:lol: i'll use a big microphone and call out 'SOOMPI' every 10 seconds~~~

Guest xVKN408x

hahahaha i went last year

it was kinda lame =P maybe i'll go again this year to see if anything has changed =P

had a call back~ but was sick during the audition and hotel conditions sucked X_x;;

anywho good luck all~

Guest SailorBoy62

I went last year as well, I believe I was #13. Mm, they gave us some free like pamphlets about SM Entertainment, but I ended up losing them 'cause my friend who was waiting for me got kicked out of the lobby. I do remember a lot of people in my round ended up stealing the posters outside in the waiting room afterwards. But yeah, I got there at about 1 PM because I e-mailed my application and there weren't a lot of people at first. Your numbers are really based on how fast you can fill out your application and get in line before they start telling you to go up and turn them in by table. On your application, be specific about what kind of Chinese you speak if you speak it and even though they say, "Oh, if you can speak a couple of phrases, put down that you speak that language," don't because they'll grill you with questions if you do. Oh, that's right, bring some pictures of yourself (2 copies of like a headshot), just in case, 'cause they say you don't "need" to put it, but if you have them, attach them.

Okay, for the audition itself, it was held at VIP Palace which was kind of a Korean tea-room/dining hall/restaurant thing. When filling out applications and stuff, we waited in the main room, while the actual audition took place in a smaller conference type room. There were cameras that walked around the main room and videotaped us playing around and filling out our applications and stuff, and the camera people were generally really nice. They like laughed and smiled with us at our table as we started dancing to the SM promo video that was playing on the TV. The people giving instructions in the main room were American born, so they were easy to understand and stuff. We were in big groups of about ten, which was then split up into two groups of five which auditioned together in a line while the others sat to the side. After your group of give does their thing, the judges will put on a rhythm test and say its optional, however, one of the judges shook her head when people walked off and chose not to dance. After the rhythm test, they'll ask specific questions to some people, asking them to sing more or to answer questions to get a sense of your personality. After that, they'll tell specific people to stay back and then dismiss the rest of your line. After the big group is done, they make the people they asked to stay back stand one by one and perform tasks such as a camera test or posing a certain way or singing more of demonstating your language proficiency in other languages. The judges then dismiss you. That's where I ended, however, ten or twenty people got further private auditions at a hotel. From there, no one really knows what happens/happened, but there's a lot of speculation. One thing that's certain is that they don't contact you to say you didn't pass. They did send out e-mails last year, but not to that many people.

Honestly, I met lots of nice people, but the judges don't speak English that well and they'll ask you to do very specific things without clearly explaining what they want you to do or how they want it done. Also, one of the judges that only spoke Mandarin and Korean kind of glared at everyone. Also, they may or may not actually film you, that's a big issue that people weren't sure about, but keep looking at the camera anyways 'cause they'll be pissed at you if you don't. And sometimes they'll conduct market research during the audition, like they'll ask you how you heard about the audition, etc. I also heard that the judges ended up getting really frustrated and annoyed as the day went on and stuff, although they were really quite nice to me.

Guest bigfatPANDA

i wanna go.

brilliant. lol. everyone should do that.

and there'd be this massive blob of people holding up soompi signs. XD

i'm really nervous, just thinking about it.

and extra nervous cause i didn't do it last year.. XD

what's a good song to sing? & did anyone here do modeling? (don't wanna try out for dance.. T^T)

i was thinking

honesty- billy joel or sweety - clazziquai XD but iunnos.. ack~

Guest SailorBoy62

what's a good song to sing? & did anyone here do modeling? (don't wanna try out for dance.. T^T)

Someone in my group did modeling. They have you walk down from the spot on the floor where we're all lined up and then make a straight line to the judges table hitting a couple of poses, walk back to the original spot and hit a couple of poses pretending it's a run way. I believe there was a max number of poses you could do and they asked for some specific ones as well. Really though, the judges will only let you do one thing (like, singer, dancer, etc.) because of time constraints.

Guest kkkawaii

I need to sound proof my room <_<. My mom's across the room from me, and my brother's next door to me.

i practice in my parent's HUGE walk-in closet. its pretty darn close to soundproof. and if i need some echo effect i just go into the adjoining bathroom. :D

After your group of give does their thing, the judges will put on a rhythm test and say its optional, however, one of the judges shook her head when people walked off and chose not to dance.

oh dear.... i cant dance at all :unsure: . if they make me do a rhythm test, then im probably gonna do some random comic dances and hope to get picked as a comedian. LOL :lol: which isnt all that bad really. LOL

Guest Yue Lai

I think that I am definitely going to go!~ It's a worthwhile experience (hopefully it'll help me get over my stage fright and be more comfortable and self-confident).

hmm. i think that im going to sign up for singing and dancing... because although i want to act... SM isnt the BEST place for actors, they concentrate more on singers? am i right? like they have Ara and Yeonhee and i guess Siwon and Kibum but thats like all... oh Heechul too.

i really want to meet you guys. seriously, we have to form a little group when we get there. and maybe, we could all audition together... like in the same group.

Archived