Korean Hip-Hop

Guest Plissken

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaggeh

RIP this place

I don't know when these forums got the looks overhaul, but they seem to be running super slow now. Takes forever to load a page.

Guest zaggeh

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/94208/snoop-dogg-meets-show-me-the-money-4-producers

Snoop Dogg has descended on Show Me the Money 4.
A photo of Snoop Dogg with the producer army of Mnet′s Show Me the Money was revealed on June 17.

Snoop Dogg Meets ′Show Me the Money 4′ Producers

In the photo, Snoop Dogg is surrounded by San E, VerbalJint, Jinusean, Jay Park, Loco and Zico.

A Show Me the Money 4 staff member stated, "We recently wrapped a top secret shoot with Snoop Dogg. Please look forward to what kind of active role he′ll play on Show Me the Money 4."

Meanwhile, Korea′s first rap survival program Show Me the Money 4 will begin on June 26 and air every Friday at 11 p.m. KST.

I don't even

Guest ChrisLyon

Lol bruuuhhh I saw that and was rollin. Crazy what is happening with the way things are going right now.

Anyway I'm actually out in Korea producing for some artists, but some of my favorite rappers aren't as mainstream.

Chillin Ovatime, Owen Ovadoz (from Show Me The Money season 3), and Don Malik from Daze Alive (Jerry K's label), just to name a few. 

Chillin Ovatime released a music video about a week ago. Definitely worth the listen.

Guest husterlex

ChrisLyon: you know your richard simmons, I really like Owen Ovadoz (missed him on smtm3 - wasn't that into it, found him from featurings) Don Malik is pretty solid too, has potential, haven't heard much from him. Will definitely check out Chillin Ovatime!

Guest husterlex

Also what does this forum think of black nut's diss song "Higher than E-Sens"? http://t.co/SAwjYUH4Z7 (link to lyrics). I personally think it's funny while it lasts, but i hope he comes up with a new gimmick soon. If he keeps overusing the joke-diss type thing then it'll get tiring.

Guest ChrisLyon

I liked some of the wordplay used in it. I felt it was at least somewhat creative coming from a Korean hiphop standpoint. That being said, there are endless nearly identical references used in English songs. Personally, unnecessarily making enemies isn't really my game, so I can't really say that I enjoyed the song in general lol. He definitely is talented though.

What are your thoughts on Don Malik's newest album and Chillin Ovatime's new music video?

Guest husterlex

I really like Chillin Ovatime's song. I personally like rappers who take it slow and really listen to the beat and time their rap well rather than rush many words into a bar. I'll definitely be listening to more of him, I really enjoyed it! As for Don Malik, I couldn't listen to all the songs because it's requires money (which I wouldn't spend since I don't really listen to him) but I heard 'About Muse', and I quite liked it. His flow was great but sounded awkward at certain junctures (maybe I'm not used to this style of rapping, I'm pretty new to the scene) and the hook was addicting which is a huge plus point for me, I don't stick songs that have no hook, to me it makes the song seem very tiring and lengthy (again, might not be used to it. New to the scene) but very good suggestions! 

Guest husterlex

You know, squalla's name is so familiar, I just can't put my finger on it. Pretty great stuff there, not sure if my memory space allows for so many songs.:sweatingbullets:

Guest zaggeh

You know, squalla's name is so familiar, I just can't put my finger on it. 

Isn't he the curly haired dude with the round glasses that was on SMTM2?

Kasper released a new song: https://soundcloud.com/officialkasper/kasper-freestyle - I'm pretty eager to see SMTM4 and see how this year's show is.

Also, anyone listened to Eluphant's new album 'Man on the Moon'? I liked his previous stuff, so I should check this one out. Not sure if it's available yet though.

Guest husterlex

You know, squalla's name is so familiar, I just can't put my finger on it. 

Isn't he the curly haired dude with the round glasses that was on SMTM2?

Kasper released a new song: https://soundcloud.com/officialkasper/kasper-freestyle - I'm pretty eager to see SMTM4 and see how this year's show is.

You talking about Kasper reminded me- he's part of Kasper's group Play The Siren

Archived