Korean Hip-Hop

Guest Plissken

aranbul said: Update 1

Got the basic css completed. I'll probably update using a blog next time to slowly wean us off soompi and the tacky western-style board system. My goal is essentially recreating the MTS boards. Now on to the hard stuff like php and javascript... If you got logo, name ideas, just @ me or send to siberiantotem@hanmail.com. Going to finally build us a home.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kimbobjane

class="yt watch-title-container" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; white-space: nowrap; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"KOVI (코비) - MEN OF SIN (feat.MYK) BEHIND THE SCENES

aranbul said: @OVO what do you think about Ollti? He's a bit like Zizo if you know what I mean.

BKJSuh said:

Got the basic css completed. I'll probably update using a blog next time to slowly wean us off soompi and the tacky western-style board system. My goal is essentially recreating the MTS boards. Now on to the hard stuff like php and javascript... If you got logo, name ideas, just @ me or send to siberiantotem@hanmail.com. Going to finally build us a home.

Guest BKJSuh

aranbul said: @OVO what do you think about Ollti? He's a bit like Zizo if you know what I mean.

BKJSuh said:

BKJSuh said:

Guest BKJSuh

They love dem varsity jackets! Can't tell who's who yo.
I just wish these kids would actually do some research on hiphop and learn the history. 

The whole listening to VJ thing, that's terrible analogy... Because if life really worked that way then we should have nothing but masterpieces in US hiphop after the 90's. Don't get me wrong, I am not doubting or trying to pick a fight. Totally  agree that current standard is higher compared to the 90's Korean hiphop. But why settle for average.
To each his own I suppose. I probably come out sounding more eccentric / protective since I still go out and dig crates with friends at least once a week.

@aranbul Lmao for changing my sentence in your quote.
I would have to side with you in this "debate," mainly because I'm a really casual listener of music in general. I'm not passionate about it like I am with something such as baseball. It's all entertainment for me. But that's why I like talking to John, Alex, and the rest of the people in this thread, because you guys allow me to discover artists I otherwise never would have paid attention to.
Speaking of Double K, I noticed years ago that he was making all of his money from working with idols when I saw his name in the writing credits for Rainbow's Sweet Dream. I was thinking "There's no way Woori could have written these lyrics" and I was right.
----
I have yet to watch Unpretty Rapstar just due to time constraints. (I mean, I haven't even finished Han Ye Seul's Birth of a Beauty, and her works are at the top of my priority list.) Jimin is really cute, but I didn't become a fan of hers until AOA's Like A Cat/사뿐사뿐. I've been on Team Mina ever since I got into AOA.

Guest BKJSuh

aranbul said: Confirmed. Simo working with the rest of the H20$$$SPORTS$$$ crew in California. Mentioned making K-pop with Mexicans. I don't think I've been this excited for anything in a long time.

mNeAIk4.png?1

@BKJSuh watch this. Highly entertaining seeing a little kid humiliate an ex-Uptown member.

BKJSuh said: For real, she's cute but she's gotta stop dressing like a hypebeast.

So I've been listening to Ga-in's album and I still don't understand why anyone would feature Jay Park for a rap and why people still invite Dok2 to feature on their own songs. Both songs are good, but both would be better without those two turd nuggets.

Guest PurpleMTL

What's up with the links to all those guys gf's instragram lol
- It's a good look for Keith, might give him a few brainfeeder connects. Azizi is cool, not feeling this particular track tho.
- Fana and Rhyme-A- both put out singles, both pretty bad. I'm always checking for soul company alumni, but all it does is break my heart.
- Any of you have VJ's favorite in 320 kbps or 누명 간보기 in at least 192 kbps?

- I like Beenzino's single, it's a good sound for him. Catchy as richard simmons as always.

- Pretty much like everyone involve in this. It's nice to hear them rap on something different than boom bap or jazzy prods.

aranbul said:

this is genius

no embed...?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zaggeh

Damn that Keith Ape song was p weird
aranbul said: If you didn't know, MC Mong (the guy who refused to serve in the military like a little bitch while 18-year-olds are giving up their youth to protect their country) is getting ridiculous amount of exposure by Mnet, its program director further taunting critics by declaring he will be on SMTM4.

Guest zaggeh

YG’s talented artist EPIK HIGH is establishing a hip-hop label under their name. YG Entertainment’s Executive Producer YANG HYUN SUK is not holding back on his support for the trio. The label is to be named “High Ground.”

He recently created a new label for EPIK HIGH, and promised full support for the trio’s new challenge. YANG appointed TABLO as the representative of the new label.

OSEN contacted YANG during his busy schedule in Japan. YANG commented, “YG started with hip-hop,” emphasizing that its root began in the particular genre. “Just like JINUSEAN and 1TYM, I myself am absorbed in hip-hop. I always have appreciation and respect for all artists doing hip-hop,” showing his deep affection for the genre while explaining the reason behind the birth of the new label.

He added, “A number of hip-hop musicians wanted to do music in YG, but I always feel bad for not being able to accommodate all of them due to the circumstances of the company,” which was the main reason for creating a new label.

TABLO and EPIK HIGH, who are known for their strong hip-hop, joined YG. I have watched them perform and decided to create a label with TABLO as the representative. I have found a way to support underground hip-hop artists through TABLO.” His comment shows the new idea stemmed from EPIK HIGH. “It is best if YG gave them full support.”

The name is “High Ground.” YANG explained, “We normally call hip-hop ‘underground,’ but ours is ‘High Ground.’ We want to make underground mainstream, and the quality will be stunning.”

I am going to support them so they can do music in good environment. I am giving TABLO an exclusive label although he is part of YG. My long-term goal is to give each YG artist their individual label,” laying out his vision for the artists in the future.

Finally, he added, “YG will take care of complicated administration like marketing, management and the red tape. Artists will be able to focus on creative music activities.”

EPIK HIGH recently partook in SXSW (South by South West) in Texas Austin and was praised for being a global hip-hop group. They were one of the 5 most searched artist names on Twitter in relation to “SXSW,” while being hashtagged most by the local fans.

Archived