Which Language Would You Choose?

Guest aphotic twilight.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest *yongha^^*

id choose korean,japanese may appear easier in terms of pronunciation but their writing system and the way the senteces are built is definetley harder

Guest brian032

I'd rather choose Japanese. But since I'm not in your shoes, only you can decide which language is best for you, which attracts you most culturally, and which you don't mind studying everyday for years on end. Either way you're in for a long and tough road ahead of you (if you're aiming for fluency that is).

Guest sam sik

Well since I'm learning French right now..I'll finish off French this year since I think I can get around a city well enough by speaking French. Then after I want to work on Korean. As of right now, I memorized all the letters and I can put a korean sentence into english letters. However, I don't know what they mean. So I guess my next step will be to learn the vocabulary and further adv. grammar.

Guest Darknesss

Hmmm...Japanese...though it's against my will. I just seem to be learning it more quickly. Though I love Korean, and its alphabet is much easier...pronunciation is difficult and I feel mildly retarded anytime I try to say something <_<

Guest soo_bak3

Japanese. If you know some Chinese, Japanese will be a little easier in reading kanji. You don't really get to use/learn Hanja until you get pretty deep into Korean. I don't even know many hanja words even though I attend Korean school every week. Plus, Korean is hard to speak (if you're born & raised in America) without sounding that you're from America/don't speak Korean. It kind of goes with Japanese, too, but I've heard plenty of white girls on Youtube sounding like Japanese school girls.

Guest Yuna N.

If I had the opportunity,

I`d learn both.

Both would benefit me in the future anyways. SK & Japan`s technology is booming.

I wouldn`t even think twice.

BUT, if it`s one or the other, I`d pick Japanese.

Job opportunity never cease with Japanese in mind.

• 4 months later...
Guest namu29

I just started taking Japanese classes. Been wanting to since I was pretty young, bit I grew up in a small town and it wasn't offered. Want to learn Korean too, but that's not offered here, so I'm trying to pick it up on my own right now until I can save up for a language program in Korea.

Would love to learn German and Latin too though ^^

Archived