Which Language Would You Choose?

Guest aphotic twilight.

I want to learn Korean. It's the language that I love and want to learn. I'm taking Chinese and French at school for my own benefit later on but I don't really learn it wholeheartedly because I'm don't really want to learn it as much as Korean. I wish they teach Korean at school

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zhemeban

I'm Thai.... Thai is my mother tongue and English is my second language now

but I do like Chinese very much then I really want to learn this language ^^

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest killerkoo

i like both chinese and japanese..more soothingwub.gifwub.gif..korean sounds a bit harsh.mellow.gif..but it is better in songs.blush.gif

I've posted here before but posting again wouldn't hurt... And I changed my mind.

I'd love to learn Korean and Japanese. Hoping to master both before I turn thirty. Yeah! Hopefully! Chinese's pretty awesome too and I should be able to converse in it but I didn't learn when I was a kid. Darn, I regret it now.

Oh well, at least I'm fluent in English.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

personally, i think it's easier to learn speaking japanese.

but when it comes to writing, it's easier to learn korean.

i learned hangeul through self-studying, so through my own personal experience i can say if you wanna remember like words and basic conversation skills, learn japanese first. u can instantaneously pronounce words.

when i studied korean, it was BEYOND DIFFICULT. it felt IMPOSSIBLE.

the sentence construction is all over the place. the subject can be at the last part of the sentence; then the predicate may be on the first part.. then there's the rule of like speaking to someone who is older than you. if you don't wanna offend people you have to add like certain "suffixes" like "--yo".. when i first heard korean it was like an "alien" language.

i'm not offending people, what i mean is it's just frustrating to learn. your tongue gets twisted in places..

the easiest words for me to learn were.. ajussi, palli, kamsahamnida,..

if we really wanna learn a language.. find something that interests you.

if you love manga, it's easier to embrace the language, right?

or if you love korean dramas, simple words can not be as taxing.. 

Guest deathangelxd

Oh my god. I'm in the same place you are.

Japanese is an easier language to learn I think. In terms of grammar, it's pretty to similar to Korean so they'd be equally difficult judging solely on that, but if you were to take pronunciation into account, Japanese is a lot easier in my opinion.

Hmm, even so... I'm not sure which one I'd choose. :/

haha, learn both at once!jk, that'd probably get too confusing.

Guest MissLadyBunny

Most likely Korean since I listen to, to much Kpop although Japanese is quite beautiful and very poetic,I should learn my families native language Spanish beforehand My grandmother will slap me stupid if i learn an Asian language before Spanish

Im gonna go with Korean, since I love watching dramas, musics and kinda suck cause I dont know a lick about the language and have to wait until someone subbing it..

• 1 year later...

Archived