[drama 2005] Rebirth - Next 환생-넥스트

Guest piano_lady

Guest piano_lady

Hahaha, Anachronista! What are they eating? Are those ice lollies?

Oh, and Lee Jong Soo is caught right in the act! :lol:

Anyways, here's some more set pictures :)

Did RSY take this photo himself? How do they call that in Korean? Sel-cal or something...??

59fd7b95.jpg

This one too..

7fe093e4.jpg

Practicing the moves....

b73c873d.jpg

65e2b7cc.jpg

c8fecbda.jpg

The lovebirds that we all root for...

5ea9944d.jpg

And the rest....

235abf2a.jpg

c4eefc03.jpg

9b6b8b2c.jpg

128c4b20.jpg

Ohhhh....I love RSY in this costume ...and his long hair :blush:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi piano_lady,

The MU link on page 1 for ep 8 file 2 is not working. Could you please check and fix, if possible?

Could you also please update the link for ep 9 file 1? I think the one on page 3 is the correct working one. The one on page 1 is/was not working for me.

Thanks for uploading this drama and for this thread. I was dl from d-addicts 2 years ago. Deleted by mistake 2 eps and have not been able to recover them ever since. Now is my chance to a complete version of this drama.

Guest piano_lady

hi piano_lady,

The MU link on page 1 for ep 8 file 2 is not working. Could you please check and fix, if possible?

Could you also please update the link for ep 9 file 1? I think the one on page 3 is the correct working one. The one on page 1 is/was not working for me.

Thanks for uploading this drama and for this thread. I was dl from d-addicts 2 years ago. Deleted by mistake 2 eps and have not been able to recover them ever since. Now is my chance to a complete version of this drama.

Hi knuts! Welcome to this thread! Please drop by if you have time and let us know what you think about the series. There's nothing much online for non-korean speakers so this must just be the one of the very few source of info for English speakers.

Anyways, I have modified page 1 with the correct links for ep8 file 2 and ep9 file 1. They sure are working now! Thanks for informing me of the broken links ;)

Am glad that you can also complete the drama -- finally! Oh, would you know who did the subs by any chance? We just want to acknowledge them :)

Enjoy!!!

Hi knuts! Welcome to this thread! Please drop by if you have time and let us know what you think about the series. There's nothing much online for non-korean speakers so this must just be the one of the very few source of info for English speakers.

Anyways, I have modified page 1 with the correct links for ep8 file 2 and ep9 file 1. They sure are working now! Thanks for informing me of the broken links ;)

Am glad that you can also complete the drama -- finally! Oh, would you know who did the subs by any chance? We just want to acknowledge them :)

Enjoy!!!

piano_lady, thank you for fixing the link. I think I got all eps now. Sorry, I don't the subber. The ones I got from d-addicts were chinese soft subs.

Guest piano_lady

hiya ladies!! i lovee the series very much but the ending's a bit vague for me... read earlier that based on the airport scene, JSY and RSY presumably ended up together..and it is so because JSY has made amends and paid her dues...is this the case???

edit: oopss! sorry, made a mistake earlier! shouldnt have highlighted that part...

Guest anachronista
:lol: A lot of people say that, Michelle. Time to read the spoilers.

I don't think this was covered in the spoilers, but there was a big clue in JSY's conversation with the holy man on the train. She thinks she's done a lot of things wrong and that if she stays with RSY and loves him, he's doomed. But the holy man tells her that if she tried harder, things would turn out differently. So I read it that in the end, she decides to go for it by following him to Mongolia. "Carpe RSY"! Also there seems to be an inference in what the holy man said that it might end their rebirths, but I may be wrong about that.

Even though the old dude often answers with another question, running that part of the story over a few times helps to make things a little clearer.

Guest debratan

Oh no... Can we conclude the ending now? Will it be spoiler?? Sorry but I don't interpreted that way.. Michelle.. Interesting.. I see it in another way. Or should I say the third way? Will see the last epi again tonite, though I am still busy with the "first love" thing..

I want to know how the rest of the ppl see the ending.

Since it's my fav RSY drama, n in the past no one discuss with me. Finally N right now I am so excited

The ending leave the imagination up to the viewer??

Guest piano_lady

Oh yes! Now I remember the train conversation with the holy man. It just dawned to me that

SJY might have not really followed RSY to Mongolia. Instead their pressumed meeting at the airport/plane/in the final destination is just another twist of fate that will again bring them together. And this time around, SJY will pursue him instead of letting him go. She will try harder because she knows that (according to the holy man), fate is merely a prediction, and its realization still depends on the person(s) involved -- whether to embrace it or evade from it. So since in the past lives, their love was always hindered, this time while she has the chance and the means, she will not hold back and be afraid to love and serve RSY... So, they eventually end up together!

That's just how I see it...for now...hehehe!

Carpe RSY! hehehe..cute! I'd do that tooo!!

Uhmmm, I guess we shall continue to 'block' the spoilers, eh?

Guest anachronista

It just dawned to me that

SJY might have not really followed RSY to Mongolia. Instead their pressumed meeting at the airport/plane/in the final destination is just another twist of fate that will again bring them together.

Carpe RSY! hehehe..cute! I'd do that tooo!!

Uhmmm, I guess we shall continue to 'block' the spoilers, eh?

I thought about that, too and it may be correct

that they're boarding the same plane just by chance, because she gives no sign that she recognizes him. The thing that puzzles me about that interpretation is, since she was a promising actress, why would she be going to Mongolia? That was why I assumed it was just for him. Can't remember if he told her of his plans anywhere along the line. And of course, we have no idea what she's been doing with that year's period of time. But in the end, they at least have the chance again, if not a certainty, of being together. I think Debra got it right. The writers leave a lot unsaid and allow you to fill in the blanks, probably so you can imagine it any way you want......

;)

Guest piano_lady

I thought about that, too and it may be correct

that they're boarding the same plane just by chance, because she gives no sign that she recognizes him. The thing that puzzles me about that interpretation is, since she was a promising actress, why would she be going to Mongolia? That was why I assumed it was just for him. Can't remember if he told her of his plans anywhere along the line. And of course, we have no idea what she's been doing with that year's period of time. But in the end, they at least have the chance again, if not a certainty, of being together. I think Debra got it right. The writers leave a lot unsaid and allow you to fill in the blanks, probably so you can imagine it any way you want......

;)

My thoughts:

I was just wondering exactly what transpired in her life in that one year. True, she was a budding actress then but we don't know if she pursued her acting career after that though it's just logical to think so since it's the field that she favors and excels in.

Oh, I don't remember her seeing/noticing him at the airport. If she did, she would have approached him or something....(or did she? did I miss it? :unsure:)

About RSY telling her his plans, I don't remember him mentioning Mongolia in any of their conversations...but again, I could have missed it

And about her going to Mongolia...well, aside from going there for RSY's sake, there are endless reasons for her go there... ;)

And finally, YES, I think Debra got it right! We can just assume, assume, assume...but the writers want us to think, imagine and be creative! B)

Guest snowprincess

hi all! glad to see people enjoying and discussing the series :) i guess the writers

left the ending open because they want people to think how the karma of each character works and that the rebirth is never ending. sort of like the cycle of life where sometimes you cant be together with the one you love and sometimes its happily ever after. there was an original life but i dont remember anything about a last rebirth. so does that mean PYJ and RSY dont end up with each other this time?

:tears: and maybe theyll get together in the next? :D yay!

gosh! ive become a fan of this couple! :)

Guest debratan

re-watch the last epi now...

Suddenly feels like to post one question. Conclude from the four past relationships, who do U think love RSY more?

JSY becos she can still remember him after so long. (she mentioned :have we met b4? Not at the station.Long B4 that (sort of)).

N who do RSY love the most? PYJ?? Becos he like mongolia? Ya, I am still stick with RSY-PYJ

Guest debratan

Okay my own interpretation for the endings. B)

I am seeing with chinese sub so the translations might be loose and somewhat different with the veoh version.

(at the coffee house) <PYJ said> I will be very happy if you ask me along. <RSY said> The last time you have rejected n this time round is 3 years, it’s going to be very difficult.

<PYJ> So, you knows 3 years is long and yet still you want me to with for you?

<RSY> Yup, you are right. (to say so)

(at the park)

<PYJ> I have no confident to wait for you 3 years.

<RSY> Then, what shall I do? (debra thinks : U will only said that when U loves someone right??)

(in the train with the priest)

<SJY>I realized that if we loved each other (together?) he will die. If I leave him, it will change the fate.

<priest> Fate is just a prediction, sometime you have to follow, sometime it will get de route.

Through hard work, u can change it. It’s the same with Ki-beom , it’s also the same with Ki-soo

Your fate with Ki-soo is very strong, if only you willing to work hard, you can change the situation.

<SJY> Will we still get to see other next life? <priest> You hope to see him in next life again? You think that it’s a blessing to continue the whole fate thing?

(on the way to airport)

<RSY> In the future, do come to visit Mongolia

<PYJ> Ok, I can go there for my honeymoon or if I become an old maid, I will look for you there and you will take care of me in my later years

<RSY> (smiling) that’s a good idea

Conclude : SJY left for good to break the on-going fate between the 4 of them because it might lead to another misfortune, esp to RSY. Notice when the flight calls, RSY get up to check in immediately but it don’t seem that PYS is taking that flight .. no rush ..although she is heading the same way to departure gate??

RSY will get together with PYJ becos obviously they still love each other and have iron out the situation.

Sorry that my spoiler are so long. I just want to show how I arrive the conclusion (well at least that’s what I hope for)

Sorry once again.. i am really biased

Nite

Guest snowprincess

^ im biased too! i wonder if there is any viewer who likes the RSY and JSY tandem...

thanks piano_lady! dont you just feel the chemistry between the two? :lol:

throughout the rebirth, RSY's character has always been honorable. and he is always honest with his feelings. in warrior time, he left PYJ because he cannot love PYJ as much as she loves him. in mongolian time, RSY died for PYJ's wish. in 1940s, he stayed with his wife JS for 10 years until he met PYJ but still he honored PYJ's wish for them to separate. in the present, he was at fault but he really wanted to make things work with PYJ because he was engaged to her. again, PYJ wished for them to separate.

please correct me if i missed or made an error on something :blush:

Archived