[drama 2008] Hong Gil Dong 쾌도 홍길동

Guest crybabytt

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i heard janggeunsuk's role in this drama is as the king. if they follow the traditional saguk costume, then he'll have a beard. lolls as much as i adore janggeunsuk... i dont know if i can take him with a beard.. i thought he would be appearing as the prince or something. but maybe i heard wrong? anyways glad the shooting has started. thanks for janggeunsuk pics =DD he always looks great in hanbok <333

kangjihwan <33 the kangjihwan fan in me became official during Capital Scandal. (love that drama btw, must watch for everyone!!) anyways he has proven himself to be a good actor. i cant wait to see him as honggildong =DD hehe

sungyuri. i guess you can call me one of the few who still doubt her abilities as an actress. i think it has more to do with her way of carrying out the lines(way of speaking) than her acting ability. she seems stiff still. but shes shown some improvement in Snow Queen. anyways i hope shes continuing to improve =DD but no doubt shes GORGEOUS

highly anticipating this drama hehe <33

Guest mariella

i heard janggeunsuk's role in this drama is as the king. if they follow the traditional saguk costume, then he'll have a beard. lolls as much as i adore janggeunsuk... i dont know if i can take him with a beard.. i thought he would be appearing as the prince or something. but maybe i heard wrong? anyways glad the shooting has started. thanks for janggeunsuk pics =DD he always looks great in hanbok <333

kangjihwan <33 the kangjihwan fan in me became official during Capital Scandal. (love that drama btw, must watch for everyone!!) anyways he has proven himself to be a good actor. i cant wait to see him as honggildong =DD hehe

sungyuri. i guess you can call me one of the few who still doubt her abilities as an actress. i think it has more to do with her way of carrying out the lines(way of speaking) than her acting ability. she seems stiff still. but shes shown some improvement in Snow Queen. anyways i hope shes continuing to improve =DD but no doubt shes GORGEOUS

highly anticipating this drama hehe <33

Jang Geun Suk does look great in hanbok.. there are just some people who look exceptionally good in it. He's looks a bit older since his HwangJinyi days..

Kang Ji hwan is a superb actor.. he won't disappoint anyone. I suspect many more will discover him and fall in love with his charm.

I can understand why some Koreans don't like Sung Yuri's way of speaking. I find it very cute.. but she does tend to always speak in a cutesy way in all of her past roles (before Snow Queen) and that will eventually hinder her career as a respected Korean actress. but on the other hand.. her cutesy way of speech is liked by most korean men.. plus her past roles were a bit cutesy anyway.

However, I felt she didn't have it in Snow Queen. Her old image was no were to be found with her character in there.. except maybe towards the end a bit (but the story called for it). She spoke a lot faster and more curt and precise in Snow Queen rather than the slow, cutesy way she always spoke in the past.

But yes, speech is very important in acting.. especially old pieces like sageuks. The reason why I could understand how you feel is because it's the same reason why I couldn't stand Cha Song Joo (Han Go Eun)'s speech in Capital Scandal despite that her acting and especially her beauty being breathtaking. She has a far worse way of speech than Sung Yuri's. Even during a variety show, they made fun of Cha Song Joo's Los Angeles, Californian thick accent and intonations during the scenes of Capital Scandal. Although it's gotten a lot better by the time she worked in Capital Scandal.. it's still very thick and annoying at times. Anyway, I really hope Sung Yuri can learn to speak the old Korean way properly.. she needs one more acclaimed performance to really dispel the remaining doubts.

Guest mariella

actually i do not consider her way of speech "cute" lolls she as a person is cute =D lolls but her way of speaking is very stiff, cut, and sounds like she has a short tongue. the emotion needed to be portrayed in those lines dont get expressed well cuz the lines sound cut short. it just doesnt seem to flow. but enough about her way of speech. if she can work with it and successfully portray her tomboy character, then im all for it lolls =D

yup janggeunsuk has matured since hwangjinyi. i think the episodes he came out in were the only ones i watched since i didnt have much time lolls.

hangoeun does have a unique way of speaking as well. i think sounds a bit elegant but i do agree it's thick. but it fit her character as geisha since she has to be sophisticated and whatnot. at other times, it does sound out of place =DD otherwise, it doesnt hinder her as an actress.

honggildong is the korean robin hood =DD hehe kangjihwan will make such a good honggildong. i can just imagine him flying around stealing from the rich and giving to the poor LOLLS.

i wonder what veterans will be cast.

also it all depends on how well the script is written and if the writers can continue to supply us with intriguing plot twists and whatnot. delightful girl choonhyang was cute and enjoyable but had a typical boring, draggy middle and just an okay end. i hope this drama doesnt end up like that i'd hate to lose interest midway.

that's it, you are right, her short tongue!.. that's precisely why i think her speech is cute! I couldn't put my finger on it, but yes she does have one. Not as much as Choi Ji Woo and Kwon Sang Woo.. but she has one too. i personally think it's adorable. Plus i think it's rather subtle.. i've heard plenty of stronger lisps. but that's just my preference.

I think Hangoeun's deep husky voice made it elegant for her to be a Giseng.. She had to say the lines over and over again in the outtakes, not because she got any of the wording wrong or forgot the lines.. but because she had really awkward accent and intonations. But she has a huge following in Korea.. and she was more popular than the lead actress in the drama. so there are many people who don't mind it.

I personally think Sung Yuri has even more potential to grow as an actress. Plus she has the ability to portray a tomboyish saguek girl. I hope she fights in it. ^^ She's done a little fighting in a Thousand Years of Love..I would like to see some more of that. But i do wish to see her at least a few times in a feminine pretty hanbok too.

with the high standards and high amounts of sageuks nowadays.. i'm sure the writer is going to have to give it her all in this. Choonyang was cute but of course the script writer is going to have to surpass herself a lot in order to gain any interest with the audience.

I have a good feeling about this drama.. can't wait!

Guest ripgal

I wasn't really impressed with Sung Yuri in Snow Queen.. I thought she was kinda stiff as well, coupled with the staggering comments of her bad acting in the past, I guess I didn't give her that much of her chance to prove herself. I stopped watching SQ at the 4th ep.. couldn't stand her way of acting.

But yeah..I guess I'm gonna cut her some slack in this one. Since it's gonna be an ancient drama, I'm leaving her a benefit of a doubt, that she might be able to nail this one role.

As for the 2 hotties, they both just managed to impress me from the first ever time of me seeing them act. Surely, I'm gonna have fun watching these 2 eye candies on screen, but PLEASE don't make me side anyone. Cos seriously, they both are very attractive..:wub:

Guest SillyYun

Geunsuk indeed grown matured and tanner..and beard.. moustache haha~

but he got fairer again lately..i wonder how he do that..but i guess its for the drama..

His role..i hope i can dig something out on that..

his dressing does looks like first prince taeja and then emperor or something

Guest kris_argee

Hong Gil Dong training/camera test pics

77.jpg

^ Kang Ji Hwan

EC82ACECA784021_328776029.jpg

^ is the guy standing Jang Geun Suk?

0047685.jpg

Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg

^ i think the one wearing pink pants is Sung Yuri

credits: dcyuri

ahahaha i find that kangjihwan pic amusing... for no reason lolls hes just like there.. not bothering to pose (still hot anyways)

i think it is janggeunsuk and sungyuri =DD its kinda hard to tell lolls. janggeunsuk is like towering esp cuz the angle of the picture is such.

i also hope i dont have to choose b/w the two guys unless they can manage to make one of them so detestable although i think that'll be impossible considering the only potential "bad" guy is janggeunsuk and.. ive never hated him before so lolls.

Guest babymarzy07

that's it, you are right, her short tongue!.. that's precisely why i think her speech is cute! I couldn't put my finger on it, but yes she does have one. Not as much as Choi Ji Woo and Kwon Sang Woo.. but she has one too. i personally think it's adorable. Plus i think it's rather subtle.. i've heard plenty of stronger lisps. but that's just my preference.

Really? I didnt realize CJW and KSW had short tongues. The way they talked sounded normal to me. Like how i hear Korean spoken by others. Lol. I musn't be that observant. But i did notice SUng Yuri has a different way of talking.

Its interesting how these actors are painstakingly making the accents and intonations too. But may be it is more nautral than of others.

I cant wait for this drama!! Kang Ji Hwan is looking thinner in the pic. If that is Geunsuk he got tons taller. He is more mature looking nowadays!

Guest SillyYun

yesh that pic is geunsuk..it was posted on geunsuk thread also few days back... I'll try to update his hong gil dong stuffs as much as i can :)

Really? I didnt realize CJW and KSW had short tongues. The way they talked sounded normal to me. Like how i hear Korean spoken by others. Lol. I musn't be that observant. But i did notice SUng Yuri has a different way of talking.

Its interesting how these actors are painstakingly making the accents and intonations too. But may be it is more nautral than of others.

I cant wait for this drama!! Kang Ji Hwan is looking thinner in the pic. If that is Geunsuk he got tons taller. He is more mature looking nowadays!

Kwon Sang Woo is short-tongued? who said that? B)

He even recorded some CD as singer .. and next year another one will be published.. :phew:

i doubt the inf! ;)

Guest snowprincess

hi all!

hi greeny! looks like our Kang Gil Dong is ready to fly! a lot of actors say that the harnesses are painful. i hope KJH isnt too hurt. he looks so serious in the pics :D really focused huh. looking forward to next year for a big hit!

She sounds like she's sick but i her voice is way too cute

Guest babymarzy07

Kwon Sang Woo is short-tongued? who said that? B)

He even recorded some CD as singer .. and next year another one will be published.. :phew:

i doubt the inf! ;)

i had no idea about that whole KSW is short toungued thing. i just quoted what they said above.

honestly, quite shocked. coz Sang Woo's voice is superb to me.

i like the tone of his voice, really ahhhh.

oh speaking of the CD i wanted one of those! ^^

yeah Sung Yuri's way of speaking is cute but yeah if they say its because of the short tongued thing.

hi all!

hi greeny! looks like our Kang Gil Dong is ready to fly! a lot of actors say that the harnesses are painful. i hope KJH isnt too hurt. he looks so serious in the pics :D really focused huh. looking forward to next year for a big hit!

hi Snowprincess..! yup.. our KangGilDong looks so serious on the pics..! **no Wannie look at all :P** ...i think he always like that when it comes to act.. that explain why his acting is always superb! :w00t:

^ awww..I kinda hope he takes on a bit of Wannie's character because that's one of the reasons why I adored him to bits in CS.

I loved his aloof and goofy character.. :lol: made me so happy..

But I guess KJH's always ready for new refreshing characters..I hope this one will bring out another BEST in him..

Archived