[Drama 1997] Beautiful My Lady 아름다운 그녀

Guest Wei Lin

Guest Wei Lin
[sBS] Lee Byung Hun, Shim Eun Ha
BMLheader.jpgBeautiful My Lady Directed by Lee Jang Soo CAST Lee Byung Hun Shim Eun Ha Song Seung Hun Synopsis Son Young (Shim Eun Ha) loses her husband to tragic circumstances shortly after their wedding. Things change when she meets ambitious boxer Jun Ho (Lee Byung Hun), and their miraculous first meeting brings hope to them both. However her parents object to them because of his boxing profession and his past. Jun Ho is an orphan from young and grew up in the world alone… Never knowing kindness from people, he learnt to survive on pure grit and determination. By chance, he was given an opportunity to fight in the boxing ring, where he started to gain glory and money. One day, Jun Ho meets Sun Young and it was love at first sight. Although their backgrounds were very disparate, she too felt the connection to Jun Ho. Their love was put to the test but they were finally able to get married. There were difficulties such as when he had to give up his boxing career and he felt inadequate. But gradually they learnt to be a family and were happy. But circumstances changed and he was forced to go back to the boxing ring. However, during a match, he suffered a head injury and it changes his life completely. - adapted from www.leebyunghun.com BMLFooter.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Wei Lin

Beautiful My Lady 아름다운 그녀 1997 Beautiful She

bml_26.jpg

Beautiful She aka Romance Storm, tv drama series 1997

Starring: Lee Byung Hun, Shim Eun Ha

Director: Lee Jang Soo

Production: SBS

Related links d-addicts.com l spcnet.tv l soompi

Son young (Shim Eun Ha) loses her husband to tragic circumstances shortly after their wedding. Things change when she meets ambitious boxer Jun Ho (Lee Byung Hun), and their miraculous first meeting brings hope to them both. But her parents oppose their affair, and cast doubt on his past as well as his occupation as a boxer. Can Jun Ho win her father's respect by winning a boxing championship? And will her father finally agree to a lasting love between Jun Ho and Son young?

Synopsis: Junho, a man orphaned since young, survived in this harsh world with his own fist. Growing up in this world so alone, he had learnt to survive with strong will and determination. By chance, he was given an opportunity to fight in the boxing ring which earned him the glory as well as money.

One day, Jun Ho met Sun yong and it was love at first sight. The beauty of Sun young captivated him and fate brings them together with an accident. Sun Young widowed with a pair of twins children. She was from an entirely different world from Jun Ho, highly educated and with good family background. She is a woman with such beauty, kind personality and intelligence that seem so far out of reach for a man like Jun Ho. However, she too felt linked to Jun Ho and accepted this man into her heart. There were setbacks as they learnt to understand and accept each other. Their love was tested by strong objections from Sun young father as well as Sun young's children. But they overcome each obstacle and finally able to be married. However, as Jun Ho learnt to enter into Sun young world, he had to give up boxing the only skill he know. As days go by, he become more ashamed of his own failure, a man who could not work or even drive to support his own family, he felt inferior to his beautiful wife. But, the children of Sun young had also accepted him as their stepfather and he felt even more the responsibility of being a father to these children. But still amidst all these struggles to adjust to his new life, they were a happy family.

Jun Ho also found the mother who abandoned him. The mother whom he never know the reason why she give him up was just so near, working in the small resturant beside Sun young's house . But he never mastered the courage to acknowledge her. Soon, Jun Ho had no choice but to go back to his old job, a boxer which he is most familiar with. However, during a boxing match, he suffered a head injury and it changes his life completely. If he should box again, his life will be endangered and not to be a burden. He decided to leave his family, but it was not possible to be separate from the family whom he cherished so much. He entered into boxing once again as a trainer, but he was forced to face his own student in the boxing ring. He had to make a decision which will influence his life and his happiness.

Gratitude: PlanetBH0712, thanks to Shirley & Wei Lin-EverythingLBH

bml_38.jpg

bml_37.jpg

th_bml_1.jpg th_bml_3.jpg th_bml_4.jpg th_bml_5.jpg

th_bml_6.jpg th_bml_7.jpg th_bml_9.jpg th_bml_10.jpg th_bml_28.jpg

th_bml_21.jpg th_bml_22.jpg th_bml_23.jpg th_bml_24.jpg th_bml_25.jpg

th_bml_11.jpg th_bml_12.jpg th_bml_13.jpg th_bml_14.jpg th_bml_15.jpg

th_bml_16.jpg th_bml_17.jpg th_bml_18.jpg th_bml_19.jpg th_bml_20.jpg

I own vcd of this series. This drama is so sad. Shim Eun Ha and Lee Byung Hun are so great in this series. My favorite scene was when they were in the zoo. Those little kids are so cute.

Hi Beavercleaver! Totally agree with you about the series, despite the very simple production... it's one of the best Kdramas around and before the Korean Wave, too. The chemistry of the leads and/with the kids were simply amazing. The little boy especially will tug your heartstrings each time he speaks so proudly of his abeoji (LBH).

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is off topic but it's from Beautiful My Lady I came to know & appreciate Ms. Shim. And today (18 Oct 2005) is her wedding day, a BEAUTIFUL MY LADY indeed. :wub:

Lovely Couple

Front - Oct. 19, 2005

200510180009_00.jpg

Former actress Shim Eun-ha and Ji Sang-wook tie the knot at the Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel in Seoul on Tuesday afternoon./Yonhap

Source: Digital Chosunilbo

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0510180009.html

20051018165812837.jpg

The wedding of Shim Eun-ha, 33 and her husband Ji Sang-uk, 40, at the Aston House of the Seoul Walker Hill Hotel on Oct. 18.

~ Thanks to Shirley for the update ~

Beautiful My Lady 아름다운 그녀 1997 Beautiful She

bml_76.jpg

bml_26.jpg

Beautiful She aka Romance Storm, tv drama series 1997
Starring: Lee Byung Hun, Shim Eun Ha
Director: Lee Jang Soo
Production: SBS

Related links d-addicts.com l spcnet l soompi

bml_8.gif

Son young (Shim Eun Ha) loses her husband to tragic circumstances shortly after their wedding. Things change when she meets ambitious boxer Jun Ho (Lee Byung Hun), and their miraculous first meeting brings hope to them both. But her parents oppose their affair, and cast doubt on his past as well as his occupation as a boxer. Can Jun Ho win her father's respect by winning a boxing championship? And will her father finally agree to a lasting love between Jun Ho and Son young?

Synopsis: Junho, a man orphaned since young, survived in this harsh world with his own fist. Growing up in this world so alone, he had learnt to survive with strong will and determination. By chance, he was given an opportunity to fight in the boxing ring which earned him the glory as well as money. 

One day, Jun Ho met Sun yong and it was love at first sight. The beauty of Sun young captivated him and fate brings them together with an accident. Sun Young widowed with a pair of twins children. She was from an entirely different world from Jun Ho, highly educated and with good family background. She is a woman with such beauty, kind personality and intelligence that seem so far out of reach for a man like Jun Ho. However, she too felt linked to Jun Ho and accepted this man into her heart. There were setbacks as they learnt to understand and accept each other. Their love was tested by strong objections from Sun young father as well as Sun young's children. But they overcome each obstacle and finally able to be married. However, as Jun Ho learnt to enter into Sun young world, he had to give up boxing the only skill he know. As days go by, he become more ashamed of his own failure, a man who could not work or even drive to support his own family, he felt inferior to his beautiful wife. But, the children of Sun young had also accepted him as their stepfather and he felt even more the responsibility of being a father to these children. But still amidst all these struggles to adjust to his new life, they were a happy family. 

Jun Ho also found the mother who abandoned him. The mother whom he never know the reason why she give him up was just so near, working in the small resturant beside Sun young's house . But he never mastered the courage to acknowledge her. Soon, Jun Ho had no choice but to go back to his old job, a boxer which he is most familiar with. However, during a boxing match, he suffered a head injury and it changes his life completely. If he should box again, his life will be endangered and not to be a burden. He decided to leave his family, but it was not possible to be separate from the family whom he cherished so much. He entered into boxing once again as a trainer, but he was forced to face his own student in the boxing ring. He had to make a decision which will influence his life and his happiness. 

Gratitude: PlanetBH0712, thanks to Shirley & Wei Lin-EverythingLBH

bml_38.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/v/GnI6aiA516M

Beautiful My Lady MV

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqgssIjEy4s

My Beautiful Lady Vol.1

http://www.youtube.com/v/g6FmIAGgfsQ

My Beautiful Lady Vol.2

http://www.youtube.com/v/-pMq4vjDF6M

bml_37.jpg

th_bml_1.jpg th_bml_4.jpgth_bml_5.jpg th_bml_6.jpg th_bml_9.jpg th_bml_10.jpgth_bml_28.jpg th_bml_29.jpg

th_bml_21.jpgth_bml_24.jpgth_bml_25.jpgth_bml_12.jpgth_bml_14.jpgth_bml_15.jpgth_bml_16.jpgth_bml_17.jpgth_bml_19.jpgth_bml_20.jpg

^

Hi summerscent and Beavercleaver!! Glad that you like the wedding photos, SEH sure is a beautiful lady and together with her husband, they make a good-looking couple.

Found another wedding photo + news to share with everyone.

Credits: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...21525611710.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Shim Eun-ha Marries

ensor2005101821532801111111.jpg

Shim Eun-ha, one of the top actresses of the 1990s, poses with her new husband Chi Sang-wook in a wedding photo released to the public Tuesday. The couple wed at a private ceremony attended by about 150 people at Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel in Seoul yesterday. Shim, 33, starred in the hit film "Christmas in August" in 1998 and the television drama "Trap of Youth" in 1999. Chi, 40, is a research professor at the Graduate School of International Studies of Yonsei University and the only son of the president of Hansung Industrial. Yonhap

10-18-2005 21:55

^

Hope she'll act again, too but I think the marriage somehow seals her retirement from acting. :unsure:

A comedy from SEH... with LBH.... would be awesome! :lol:

----------------------------------

2 more wedding pics, thanks to phunatik at the News thread:

20051018163819665.jpg

20051018164548598.jpg

credits to yahoo.co.kr

I loved this drama. Every episode had me sitting at the edge of my seat, however at the same time every episode made me feel so sad for Jun Ho. This is a fantastic series!

^

Hi genna!!! *waves*

Good to see you here, share your BML thoughts with us, ok. ^_^

----------------------------------------

Screencaps BEAUTIFUL MY LADY :(

Episode 12 - click thumbnails for larger images

th_beautifulshe12-1.jpg th_beautifulshe12-2.jpg th_beautifulshe12-3.jpg th_beautifulshe12-4.jpg

th_beautifulshe12-5.jpg th_beautifulshe12-6.jpg th_beautifulshe12-7.jpg th_beautifulshe12-8.jpg

Credits to www.leebyunghun.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^

Hi gerryg! So sorry for the late response but I haven't seen any subtitles or translation (transcripts) for the series. If anyone has anything to share, please do... we would appreciate it very much.

Always... beautiful my lady...

header018mc.jpg

Credit: BML Japanese site, reposted from the previous LBH thread

Guest Access DENIED

*gasp* i was looking for this drma but i didnt know what it was called. Shim euna and lee byung hun had incredible chemistry..Really good acting too..

Guest ellabel

Didnt know that Shim Eun-ha is pretty. :)

I wish i cud get a copy of Beautiful My Lady.

Besides trying to complete my LBH collection, I think it is a good drama altho very sad from the bits and pieces of news/views that i got on it.

Well, it took me two years to find LBH's Happy Together with english subs.

I guess there will come a time that BML will be available in our place too. :)

wei-lin and rubie hunnie sis, thanks for opening and taking care of this thread.

I hope more people who had seen it will share their thoughts and opinions here.

• 4 weeks later...

BEAUTIFUL MY LADY

shimeh.gif

Shim Eun-ha

shimeunha1.jpg

Complete filmography:

Interview (2000)

Tell Me Something (1999)

The Uprising (1999)

Art Museum by the Zoo (1998)

Christmas in August (1998)

Born to Kill (1996)

My Old Sweetheart (1995)

Shim Eun-ha (b. September 23, 1972) debuted in 1994 in the basketball-themed TV drama The Last Match, and quickly became the nation's most popular and talked-about star. After acting in three more television dramas and two lesser-known films (including Born To Kill with Jung Woo-sung), she made a permanent mark in the film industry with her performance in Hur Jin-ho's modern-day classic Christmas in August (1998). Later that year Art Museum by the Zoo, which presented a more down-to-earth side of the actress, saw her win over more critical praise for her acting abilities. Throughout this period, Shim consistently topped magazine polls as the most popular actress in the film industry.

In Tell Me Something, her star power combined with Han Suk-kyu to create one of the most highly anticipated works in Korean film history (though most viewers ultimately expressed disappointment at the film's convoluted narrative). The following year she appeared in Korea's first Dogme film Interview, which would end up being her last appearance.

In 2002, after rumors surfaced of an engagement which was later called off, Shim decided to give up her entertainment career. In the ensuing years, despite periodic rumors that she would resume her film career, Shim has tried her best to remain out of the public eye, studying in France and taking up painting. However despite (or perhaps because of) her long absence, she remains the undisputedly most popular actress of the last decade. In October 2005 she was married to a professor from Yonsei University, and at the time she re-affirmed that she will not return to acting.

leebh.gif

Lee Byung-heon

leebh2.jpg

Complete filmography:

A Bittersweet Life (2005)

Everybody Has Secrets (2004)

Addicted (2002)

My Beautiful Girl, Mari (2002, voice)

Bungee Jumping of Their Own (2001)

Joint Security Area (2000)

Harmonium in My Memory (1999)

Elegy of the Earth (1997)

Kill the Love (1996)

Armageddon (1996) (voice)

Runaway (1995)

Who Drives Me Mad? (1995)

Lee Byung-heon (b. July 12, 1970) majored in French at Hanyang University before making his television debut on KBS in 1991. A fixture in TV dramas throughout the decade, Lee has continued to work in television even after becoming a major film star. His movie debut came in 1995 as the lead in Who Drives Me Mad?, and he worked off and on in the film industry up until his breakthrough film in 2000, Joint Security Area.

For a long time thought of as just another pretty face, Lee eventually earned great praise for his acting, both for his turn in JSA and especially in Bungee Jumping of Their Own. He also starred in the popular television drama Beautiful Days, which screened in spring 2002 on SBS and would later be exported across Asia.

In 2002, Lee starred with actress Lee Mi-yeon in Addicted, a melodrama about two brothers who fall into a coma on the same day. The following spring he also took the lead role in the highly popular TV drama All In, about a successful gambler.

In 2004, Lee appeared opposite actresses Choi Ji-woo, Choo Sang-mi and Kim Hyo-jin in Everybody Has Secrets, a remake of the Irish comedy About Adam. Also that year, several of Lee's TV dramas began to screen in Japan, and his popularity there started to soar. He eventually became even more popular in Japan than he is in Korea.

Then in 2005, Lee appeared in Kim Jee-woon's highly anticipated action-noir A Bittersweet Life. Although the film ended up performing below expectations in both Korea and Japan, it was selected to screen in the Official Selection (out of competition) at the 2005 Cannes Film Festival, giving Lee the opportunity to "walk the red carpet" for his biggest moment of fame.

Deep gratitude to koreanfilm.org for the information & captures.

Archived