Lee Da Hae 이다해 李多海 イ・ダヘ ❤

apqaria

We have to thanks some of her oppa's for recommending her for the project.No Matter whether the project was good or bad.But alteast she was visible rather then invisible.Her fans were quite active during HK time which was a good sign.DH and wookie have good chemistry that why drama was watchable and also other cast member was good.If i compare HK with some of the drama i have watch then i can say HK was quite fresh then others.

Was Miss Ripley the last project for which she was taken on her own credibility other then chinese drama.I hope she find some good PD who want to cast her.

• Like 1

If based on her interview during IRIS, seemed like she got the role in IRIS through recommendation from her oppa in Miss Ripley (forgot his name now). Dahae said he contacted her when she was in La at that time.

So yes, Miss Ripley was the last she got through PD, Director and writer recommendation. 

And she got Daesang from Korean Drama Award through her super amazing portrayal in  Miss Ripley, and Most popular actress through Yahoo Buzz Asia during that year, but sadly all the news buried by the media. How come a Daesang actress and Most popular in Asia at that time got Zero offer after that.

I am quite sure a lot of the castings are done through recommendations these days. It is quite rare for a PD or writer to have a particular actor or actress in mind before the start of a project. The only recent case I can think of is the writer of Goblin wanting to cast Gong Yoo for her drama even before the drama was announced. Getting job offers through recommendation is very common in every industry so I am not fussed how she gets them, as long as she gets them without succumbing to dirty industry practices! :)

Korean drama fans have a love/hate relationship with their celebrities. They are different from Kpop fans or international drama fans. They are quick to praise them but are even quicker to shoot them down if their behaviour or project doesn't meet their standards. You would think that actors or actresses with a lot more Korean followers in IG than Dahae would automatically have a big following for their dramas, hence good ratings. The answer is no. These "followers" would rather watch an unknown actress in a hit project than their favourite actress in a mediocre project. All DH needs is one good project to show her fellow countrymen that she still has what it takes to be a top actress. 

I also don't mind her doing daily or weekend dramas. She found fame in LFF and was really good in it. 

Samzz and Annya, the actor in MR who recommended her for IRIS 2 is Kim Seung Woo.

• Like 2

@ELY_397I don't mind recommendation at all but i would like to thank her oppa becz they care for DH so much and think for her.Yups i read all those complains of k-neitizen and get shock of life that how can they point out such things and criticize someone they are too harsh and judgemental compare to other fans.I feel k-star has much stress then any other country star.

Long or weekend drama give a long continuity to character and enjoy it rather then rushing or inserting scenes for the rating.She can connect more with those ahjumma watching drama daily.There is web drama and drama special too with just 2 or 4 episode.

@samzz so agree she received 2 popular awards but wasn't praised by k-media that much.I would have loved if she would have gone to receive her yahoo Asia awards.Alteast a selfie with that award would have made fan's happy who voted for her.

For me its agency's work to find good project for a actor,So i wish JS does find some good work for her.

• Like 1

yes, actually I was very surprised during Hotel King-out of nowhere her old fans suddenly appeared and supported her until the end of the drama, making Hotel King's thread moved 100 pages a week, in twitter more than thousands talking abt the drama, Dahae/OTP in just one night during airing time. Literally Zero promotion from MBC but the buzz and hype so huge at that time bc of  ifans & Kfans (DC) support. DC Korean even arranged a food truck for them, and this show she still has big Korean fans, and I hope Dahae won't take long leave again after MGMM.

I don't know why the PD/Network/agency so stupid and just ignored it-they can get free promotion and free hype without spending so much money on Dahae bc her fans can do all the work. They willing to pay media for media play (FNC cough cough), but not on Dahae, whereas with small investment, she still can attract  big buzz.

in yr 2011, actually she got 3 major awards-just ignore that highly mighty horse  MBC, they have their "HIGH" standards. 

2011 6th Asia Model Festival Awards Asia Star Award N/A Won
Yahoo! Asia Buzz Awards Korea's Top Female Star N/A Won
19th Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards Daesang (Grand Prize) for Acting in a Drama Miss Ripley Won
MBC Drama Awards Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries Nominated

If Idols very easy to get drama offer and even lead role in a movie with zero qualification in their resume-so no issue for Dahae at all right-with impression that K-ent is very very clean.

• Like 3

Korean drama watchers are very much like the ones in HK. They are generally impatient and prefer faster paced plots than slower ones. A faster makjang drama will attract more viewers than a slower non makjang drama. The ones that suggest alternative endings tend to do better too. The worst ones are slow paced stories with a predictable ending! No amount of eye candy or chemistry can save a drama like that. Most viewers will not spend an hour yawning through an episode. ;)

Thankfully none of DH dramas are slow paced. I can rewatch them time and time again. 

@ELY_397 I don't know abt there like or dislike but story pace but once's the rating is high no of episode extend story become slow pace without doubt.I have watch so many drama only certain drama are face paced and interesting till end but most of drama start dragging after 11 or 12 episode.Old drama's were far better for watching rather then current one.Just big names no focus on story trying to sell on face value of actors.

@samzz Abt HK just see the no of view on Utube video,it speaks a lot.So many member it was hot thread at that time.All those beautiful fan arts.The reason i don't understand them no matter how i think.A star who is already famous outside country and quite recognize for her talent and work who gets nominated for her work for most of her project and won too is not approached for drama.If i am producer i will anyday like to take such actress who is famous and knows her job rather then someone else.Its not that idols get paid less, i read they get lots of money too.Yeah i can see how clean K industry is there double standards.I wanted to name some actress who people go gaga over but i don't find the reason why?

Although it was not big but i saw DH pic in 2days and 1night so wanted to share with u guys was happy to see her pic and i like the pic used.Miss Chunhyang

Watch after 18.20 if watching on youtube or click to play.

• Like 3

@samzz I am not sure how bright are her chance of appearing in 1/2 N.I am not sure whether DH know's any of them.But she can appear with any of her costar together.But there are many other show where she can appear and make us smile.We know she is funny with those quick answer :D

• Like 3

Tey Ling, I really hope she will be one of the presenters at MAMA this year! If she could do another variety or even a cameo in a K drama, I would be very happy! This is wishful thinking but how I want her to do a cameo in Goblin....she will be Gong Yoo's dead/mortal ex girlfriend. A girl can dream! Haha. 

• Like 2

I am happy to see VIKI uploading "Love Actually" again. The old channel was fan channel (aka the drama wasn't licensed) but they got the license and they have uploaded the episodes again and have been updating the subs for sometime now. I see that it is almost done now although there may be some missing parts as this time the version uploaded is the uncut version not the one Hunan TV aired and the one got translated in the past. It is nice to see this version at last with English subs, I am sure it has better editing and of course some of the missing parts we didn't see before ;) 

So for anyone who want to check it, here is the link

https://www.viki.com/tv/6942c-love-actually

Apqaria, thanks for the info! Unfortunately Viki doesn't work in HK...I wonder if the uncut version features a more lengthy "wall" kiss that was edited in the Chinese version? Makes me want to check out this charming and beautiful OTP again!