So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Guest Thursday

On July 18, 2005, Thunderbolt posted the following at Hotelier 2002

Saturn posted the following links today:

2005/July/10 MISA promotion in Japan (KNTV news clip, 17min 9secs)

http://www.kntv.co.jp/korean_network/narara/movie/050717.wmv

The clip is also in Saturn's clubbox, foreign folder:

http://clubbox.co.kr/youngsosa

from http://www.kntv.co.jp/korean_network/

Also posted by Saturn:

Some questions and answers with manager Ms. Kim Soo Jin. (from dcinside.com July/18 )

fans: Did you see the cell phone picture taken at the restaurant of July/16 night?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/flo...28/20050714.jpg

Soojin: That's what I surprised a lot. It was the restaurant MANA. It was a real time relaying.

But one thing is different... The person who had dinner together that night was not celebrity at all.

fans : I'd like to get the T-shirts free of charge, may I?

Soojin: If you like free of charge too much, you go bald-headed (Korean proverb)

fans : Are you considering of visiting Taiwan ?

Soojin : Well... we're considering. Maybe cover story of 2 Taiwanese magainzes are out next month.

fans : I really want to know it. What was in the box of this picture (July/15)?

Soojin: Maybe from Japanese fan, Umeboshi (Japanese food, plum seasoned with vinegar. Jisub said he likes it at interview of Japan)

http://kr.img.dc.yahoo.com/b5/data/sojisub...121454936_1.jpg

The cellphone picture referred to is the one I posted at the top of page 55.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may visit our new forum for Jisub's fans by clicking the tiny banner in my siggie! See you there...

Guest Thursday

Below are two of my favorite gifs made by Izzat and posted by her at Hotelier 2002 on July 19, 2005.

untitled18rq.gifjapan1ig.gif

Both were made from video clips of our Jisub's meeting with fans in Japan. Remember during the question and answer portion, when they asked him about the color of his undies and he turned around and checked what he was wearing? That was what he was doing in that first gif. :D Our Jisub is so funny!

Oh, I almost missed posting this one... Also by Izzat, posted at Hotelier 2002 on July 18, 2005

tv4ab.gif

Guest Dahee Fanel

Prisci posted this on July 6:

I was watching News Clips I downloaded from Saturn unni's Clubbox, and I found an interesting poll that was aired on February 9th, 2005.

Title: Which Stars Do You Think Will Remain Big Stars 10 Years From Now?

(**Sketch translation by Priscilla)

The following were the result:

10: Kwon Sang Woo

9: Kang Dong Won

8: Song Hae Gyo

7: Jo In Sung

6: Jang Dong Gun

5: Boa

4: Moon Gun Yeong

3: So Ji Sub

2: Bi/ Rain

>

>

>1: Shin Hwa (Singer Group)

To watch, go to: http://down.clubbox.co.kr/youngsosa/3xvo1

Guest Thursday

And seeing that Pocky is online... Let me share what she posted at Hotelier 2002 on July 18, 2005.

on 16 july in meeting SJS thaifans.....

we come to join 20 or 25 persons

we talk about so ji sub all time....

and we saw sjs clips ,showcase and gift book together

sharing him pics or clip and join to korean food....

and have game....(reward..photo sticker jisub , misa set, bali set....)

020tp.jpg031ow.jpg043gn.jpg

058xr.jpg060fa.jpg

076qc.jpg

Thank you, Pocky, for sharing these and for all the pictures of the birthday party last Sunday!

Guest Thursday

On July 18, Boola shared the following at Hotelier 2002...

One posting in sojisub.com.cn really cracked me up.

An alternative: money 100,000,000 or Jisub as a boyfriend, which will you choose?

A. Money

Fans going to this gave the following reasons:

1. A boyfriend is not equal to a husband. Money is more credible.

2. Using money to establish a managing or investing company, becoming a partner of Jisub, then grow the relationship gradually.

B. Jisub as a boyfriend

Reasons given are:

1. Having Jisub means you will get both the beauty and his possessions. Jisub must have earned more than 100 million right?

2. Money is nothing compared to true love. Think about it, if Jisub is my boyfriend, I can hug and kiss him as I like. Wow!

A girl is even dreaming to ask Jisub to buy icecream for her.

C. Wait a moment...What's the currency? US Dollars or RMB?

Which will I choose money in whatever currency... or Jisub as my boyfriend... Hmmm, tough choice! :P

anyooong...whoa full with pics and articles..lkumawoyo chinggu...

waving...carrie,thursday...^^

Thursday..plz check your PM..thanx..^^

Guest sonickim

TO all Chingus.... and fellow ladies in this thread

Thank you soooo Much for sharing all this stuff... Ji Sub Birthday party and celebration!!!

so kind all of you!!!....

so happy and proud for Ji Sub...our gorgoues Oppa!!

Guest luckycarrienew

%B9%CC%BB%E7_%C5%B0%BD%BA%BD%C5-kle38.jpg

sonickim,wow~~u oppa 's bithday is close to me^^shy^^

anyooong...whoa full with pics and articles..lkumawoyo chinggu...

waving...carrie,thursday...^^

Thursday..plz check your PM..thanx..^^

L4uRa^^hugs and kisses*************************************************

Guest Thursday

This was posted by AOM_KTH at Hotelier 2002 on July 19, 2005.

starsjs.jpg

So handsome, our Jisub :)

L4ura, I got your PM, go ahead and use it, chingu. Aren't you a JSA just like me???

Guest Priscilla

Youngsosa is bombarded with News articles talking about this, and it's no wonder... BYJ's fans are also talking heatedly about this!

The article I just translated was the first one (and I think it was the longest) that was posted, and even the poster wasn't sure what to make of this news. Many fans were surprised, but didn't want to say much till they were sure!

Then followed lots of more articles talking about the same thing. Then, another article showed that front of the famous BOF site has been updated, showing not just BYJ but SJS there! And a News broadcast mentioned this live.

Still, manager Kim hasn't said a word... But by the looks of it, I'm pretty sure this is true. And little by little, as this news was spreading among his fans, I see most of them are giving their approval. It seems that many of them were a bit worried before when they heard the News of SJS joining an unknown Dream Plus company... I don't know what happened with that, but I just felt most fans were happier now for Jisub, knowing he's joining more experienced hands.

There is an interesting article published on August about this pioneer BOF company... I'll update you on that next...

Picture Posted by Liezle on BYJ's Quilt, captured from BOF's site.

sjsbof.jpg

SO JI SUB, following after the "The Steps of Yonsama"

[sPORTS KOREA November 9th, 2005]

*Posted by ykiwith @cafe.daum.net/sojs

So Ji Sub the actor, after signing a striking contract with Bae Yong Joons management agency BOF, is shaking the position of "The Hallyu King."

So Ji Sub has just finalized the signing of a striking contract with the management agency BOF for 3 years and 6 months, preparing together with Bae Yong Joon, a Joint Hallyu Attack. Technically, So Ji Sub has transferred to this management for the following 3 years and a half, but he is practically serving as a public officer. He will be more actively involved with BOF after his dismissal at the end of next year.

One of the managers of BOF mentioned that: "Although So Ji Sub is serving as a public officer right now, his star power is so great we signed an early contract to be prepared in advance." "He won't be involved in any promotional activities while serving the country. He will start his activities by the end of next year."

It has not been revealed exactly how much So Ji Sub was offered during the contract deal. Through the success of the drama "Sorry I Love You." So Ji Sub has garnered not only many Korean fans, but also he has secured the affection of many fans all over Asia. For this reason, it is estimated that his contract deal must be above the 500 million Won. However, since he is presently serving the country, he is not allowed to work, so the amount mentioned during the contract deal wont take into effect until the end of next year.

What made BOF set their minds on recruiting So Ji Sub was his star power and his many potentials. His real birthday being November 4th, there was a 'private' birthday party held for him on the 6th, at the University of Kwang Woon, Seoul. Counting the 300 foreign fans, there were over 1,300 people who attended that birthday party. Even though he is inactive in the entertainment business for now, he has many Koreans, and even non-Koreans, whose loud support for him does not seem to die down.

So Ji Sub will be sharing the same management company with Bae Yong Joon, forecasting that after 2006, the Japanese market will flourish even more. Starting on March, So Ji Sub's best work "Sorry I Love You" will be aired in Japan, raising the people's expectations for the birth of a So Ji Sub syndrome, following after "Yonsama Bae Yong Joon's footsteps." BOF has announced that since So Ji Sub's presently drafted and unable to self-promote, starting next year, the agency will start promoting him through the publication of books and through other medias.

Reporter Go Kyu Dae enter@sportshankook.co.kr

*Translated by Priscilla

Thank you so much Priscilla! I've been wanting to post the news here since this morning but I wanted to get more confirmation first.

I'm so happy about the news and so are the rest of BYJ's "family".

BOF is composed of young and dynamic staff. SJS will be in good hands. :) Btw, IMX, BOF's partner in Japan has also contracted Soh Ye Jin a few months back.

Guest florice

Thank Priscilla very much!!!!! :)

Wow ~Our Jisub changed his management agency.

It's really a surprise news to me.

Anyway,I'm sure JiSub will be succeed in Japan.

He is the best!!!!!!

Guest frances

Boodeureowoon Charisma wrote this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

translated & posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt News Section

BYJ, "So Jisub, I feel like we are brothers....."

[bOF press release]

So Jisub, joins BOF - signed exclusive contract

Expects to leap on to Asia as stage in the agency of BYJ, the top Korean Current star

trusts family-like and systemic management system - decision to make sudden transfer

Top star actor So Jisub has signed suddenly an exclusive contract for 3 years and 6 months with BOF where BYJ belongs. So Jisub told his opinion, "I have sympathy with visions held by management at BOF, and I feel it comfortable and trustworthy as my agency." and "I am very delighted as I will be able to start again with good feeling."

So Jisub, having been also placed as a top actor already in Korea through many works like dramas 'What happened in Bali', "I am sorry, I love you', etc., has consistently proved hot popularity, as he recently attended an event where he was with over 2,000 fans in Japan too. Also, because the drama 'I am sorry, I love you' is scheduled to be aired in various nations in Asia such as Japan and China, etc. sooner or later, he is drawing much expectation as the number 1 rank who would leap to the top Asian star. Moreover, as he has the same agency as BYJ, it is expected that the attention from the Asian media would heighten.

Mr. Bae Seongwoong, a board director, told, "I am delighted as we greet So Jisub as our family. Although he has grown as the top actor getting love from many fans with his attitude of doing his best until now, for him to expand continuously as an actor and as an Asian star in the future also, we will do all the roles of assistants. For that, we do everything for preparation and manage him with all our best while he serves military service." Continuing on, he told that BOF management plans to continue to accept capable performers.

On the other hand, BYJ expressed his opinion on So Jisub, "Although he is excellent as an actor, personally he feels like a brother my heart can communicate with," and "I am delighted as he becomes one of family at BOF." At present, BYJ, Shim Jiho, etc. belongs to BOF(Inc).

Guest claustrophobic

Hi! Claustrophobic, there are many clips here

http://www.jisubaddicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60

We are still waiting for your first post there :D

Thanks for replying!

i shall and WILL flood that forum with posts once my exams are over. <_< does the site have translations of the clips? cos i love watching Ji Sub clips but it frustrates me when i can't understand anything! :angry:

i just downloaded the birthday event clips (thank you so much Saturn! i love you! :D ) and i was like... :blink: ...staring motionless at the computer screen the whole time...i didn't even dare to blink cos i didn't wanna miss any minute of ji sub...he was SOOO drop-dead-gorgeous!!! :rolleyes: but i really wanted to know what he was saying in the clips cos the fans were going WILD at every word he said! does anyone know where i can get translations to the clips?

Rite now im trying to download all the clips in Saturn's clubbox but its taking forever cos im on a dial-up internet connection..yeah i know...it's so tragic that i live in the age of amazing technology and i'm still stuck under a rock with my dialup internet...i gotta move forward from the stone age & embrace technology man! lol.

after reading that article about ji sub joining BYJ's management company im SO excited!!! cos it means that he would finally get the recognition he deserves...im just annoyed that it took so long for people to realise how good he is...and i hated that fact that he was TOTALLY snubbed when WHIB came out & Jo In Sung got all the attention (no offence to JIS)! <_< But alas...2007 would be the year our beloved ji sub takes the world by storm...YEEEAAH!

oh and if any of you ever get to go to a ji sub fan meeting in the future...please tell ji sub not to go on diets anymore...it seems he's always worried about gaining weight but he looks so HOT rite now with a little more flesh on his bones...i reckon he looked a little too skinny in Love of a Thousand Years...the buff ji sub in MISA & in those birthday clips is the one that made blush! :P:lol:

after reading that article about ji sub joining BYJ's management company im SO excited!!! cos it means that he would finally get the recognition he deserves...im just annoyed that it took so long for people to realise how good he is...and i hated that fact that he was TOTALLY snubbed when WHIB came out & Jo In Sung got all the attention (no offence to JIS)! But alas...2007 would be the year our beloved ji sub takes the world by storm...YEEEAAH!

Yeahhh!! -_-#

oh and if any of you ever get to go to a ji sub fan meeting in the future...please tell ji sub not to go on diets anymore...it seems he's always worried about gaining weight but he looks so HOT rite now with a little more flesh on his bones...i reckon he looked a little too skinny in Love of a Thousand Years...the buff ji sub in MISA & in those birthday clips is the one that made blush!

hehehe agree with you..!!