Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Hi Willenette...an nyeong,

Hei thanx for the info....any chance we will know when and where he will take his snap snap..will it be in Singapore or some other place...he he he....blush.gif

have a good day ya!!!

hidayah_cruel_love', chun maneyo.............Sorry, I haven't read any news yet about the details. blush.gif

Annyeon to Hidayah_cruel_love and Will

Happy New Year...

Yah, its Will's mission to check the Bazaar's when will it publish his new snap! kekekekkekekekek

Guest hidayah_kjj

Happy New Year...

Yah, its Will's mission to check the Bazaar's when will it publish his new snap! kekekekkekekekek

An nyeong TY ....

ooo la la...cant wait for that....fighting to u Will...will be waiting...he he he.

i guess i must camp overnight at the airport....oooops   :wacko:  

Happy New Year...

Hi TY, HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR, dear! Mission - hehehe - you're giving me this task, both of you are so bad. Kidding aside, I hope we could get to hear about this soon. :sweatingbullets:

Guest hidayah_kjj

Hi TY, HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR, dear! Mission - hehehe - you're giving me this task, both of you are so bad. Kidding aside, I hope we could get to hear about this soon.  :sweatingbullets:

fighting to u Will !!!! *pom pom and cheerleader mode on* 

kwon sng woo.....saranghaeyoooooooo...he he he....ooops sorry i am a bit hyper today :w00t: 

Kwon Sang-woo finishes work on new action film with Jackie Chan

27211559.jpg

Hallyu star Kwon Sang-woo has finished work on the movie “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” with Jackie Chan.

The announcement was made yesterday by the actor’s agency, which also reported that Kwon had returned to Korea just before Lunar New Year. “Currently, Kwon is taking a well-deserved break and is looking over some movie proposals from China, the United States and other countries,” said a representative from the agency.

Kwon jetted all over the world starting in June 2011 to make the Chinese action movie with martial arts superstar Chan, who directs and stars in the movie.

The movie is an action-adventure film based on the adventures of one man (played by Chan) on a treasure hunt to find missing Chinese artifacts that have been scattered around the world. The film is the third installment in the “Armour of God” series, which started in 1987, and cost an estimated 100 billion won ($89,158,347) to produce.

The movie is to open worldwide on Dec. 12.

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2947568

http://koreajoongang...spx?aid=2947568

Oh he finished the big job with JC!! glad to hear so!

its time to take a short break before doing a drama, oppa! lol :)

Thanks much Will for keeping us posted !!!!!

*quoted image*

Hallyu star Kwon Sang-woo has finished work on the movie “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” with Jackie Chan.

The announcement was made yesterday by the actor’s agency, which also reported that Kwon had returned to Korea just before Lunar New Year. “Currently, Kwon is taking a well-deserved break and is looking over some movie proposals from China, the United States and other countries,” said a representative from the agency.

Kwon jetted all over the world starting in June 2011 to make the Chinese action movie with martial arts superstar Chan, who directs and stars in the movie.

The movie is an action-adventure film based on the adventures of one man (played by Chan) on a treasure hunt to find missing Chinese artifacts that have been scattered around the world. The film is the third installment in the “Armour of God” series, which started in 1987, and cost an estimated 100 billion won ($89,158,347) to produce.

http://koreajoongang...spx?aid=2947568

so  his wish  from his movie almost love came true cool.gif 

Oh he finished the big job with JC!! glad to hear so!

its time to take a short break before doing a drama, oppa! lol :)

Thanks much Will for keeping us posted !!!!!

Hi TY, I really hope he could do another drama soon after some movies that he did recently. I believe KSW will make a blast this year! :lol:

***I hope KSW should make it to Hollywood soon. I hope he studies his English because as long as he speaks good English he can make it in the U.S. Can’t wait to see the movies he's going to be in! Jackie Chan is amazing! I just hope he won’t be only an “eye-candy” in the movie with him – Because I noticed that whenever Korean stars are put in Chinese movies, they're basically just eye candy. I support him 100%. I hope he is having an amazing time with his family. Good luck to him! :lol:

2012 a big year for Kwon Sang Woo, starring in films with Jackie Chan and Cecilia Cheung

20120201_kwonsangwoo_jackiechan.jpg

2012 is going to be quite the year for actor Kwon Sang Woo.

The actor returned to Korea after wrapping up filming for the movie ‘12 Chinese Zodiac Heads‘ with actor Jackie Chan on the 19th. This is a new project that will air all over the world on December 12th, 2012.

Ahead of this release, his mellow-dramatic movie “Repeat, I Love You“ with Cecilia Cheung is also preparing for it’s release in China sometime in early March, which means the actor is looking forward to the release of 2 major projects with elite international stars this year.

During an interview with various media sources last year, Kwon Sang Woo also shared his thoughts on a possible breakthrough into Hollywood.

He said at the time, “I have received an offer to play the main lead of a Hollywood action movie, and therefore I am on a strict diet and working to improve my physique.”

As of now, the actor has currently returned to Korea to spend some well-deserved time off with his family, and possibly getting ready for what may be his biggest year yet.

Do you think Kwon Sang Woo has what it takes to break into Hollywood?

Source & Image: MyDaily via Nate / allkpop

***I hope KSW should make it to Hollywood soon. I hope he studies his English because as long as he speaks good English he can make it in the U.S. Can’t wait to see the movies he's going to be in! Jackie Chan is amazing! I just hope he won’t be only an “eye-candy” in the movie with him – Because I noticed that whenever Korean stars are put in Chinese movies, they're basically just eye candy. I support him 100%. I hope he is having an amazing time with his family. Good luck to him!  :lol:

2012 a big year for Kwon Sang Woo, starring in films with Jackie Chan and Cecilia Cheung

Do you think Kwon Sang Woo has what it takes to break into Hollywood?

Source & Image: MyDaily via Nate / allkpop

YES Ofcourse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviouslyyyyy!!!!!!!

Guest hidayah_kjj

an nyeong everyone.....

thanx for posting willenette...appreciate a lot.... :w00t:

i cant wait to watch 'Repeat I love you' and '12 Chinese Zodiac Heads'.  i hope it will reached our little island soooon..... :w00t:

wooooo hooooo...he is taking care of his diet and his physicque ah.....oooo la la he is soooo good already!!! :rolleyes:

hope he will make it big this year...."i will always support you kwon sang woo....with pom pom and screaming mode" he he he...^_^

have a good day everyone.....will pop in again soon...back to work now ^_^  

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young Celebrate Their Son's First Birthday

by: jnkm on Feb 7, 2012

a782a5fd308e7753c9d7d47ef67f7c64_large.jpg

One of Korea's "Hollywood" couples, Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young celebrated their son Rook Hee's first birthday.

Several photos of this event were posted in various online community forums on February 7. In the photos, you can see Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young carrying their son, cutting a cake and smiling. Kwon Sang Woo was dressed in a simple but handsome suit while Son Tae Young sported a feminine, baby doll dress. The star of the day, Rook Hee was also dressed up in a three piece baby suit! Although the photos were not professionally taken, the warm vibe from the happy family was clearly visible.

Netizens made various comments such as, "They didn't make the birthday party as lavish as I thought they would," "They are so cute," "Rook Hee grabbed the soccer ball!" "They look so happy," and more.

Congratulations to the Kwon family!

85a6cd590d4d2a35eb61b632bab8f322_large.jpg

Credit : soompi news

*** Looking forward for their new projects. :lol:

3 Hallyu stars turn and go!

43891649.2.jpg

Jang Dong-gun and Lee Byeong-Heon back home...kwon Sang-woo goes out to USA and China.

Jang Dong-gun, Lee Byeong-Heon and kwon Sang-woo are going different ways.

Jang Dong-gun has put his foreign activities on hold after 2010 "The Warrior's Way", 2011 "My Way" and Chinese movie "Dangerous Liaisons". He will be returning to home screens this May with SBS drama "A Gentleman's Dignity". This is his first come back in 12 years. It was one of the hottest issues around the media biz for a while. Jang Dong-gun who came back to Korea on the 6th after the making of "Dangerous Liaisons" will head for the Berlin International Film Festival on the 8th if the movie "My Way" gets chosen for screening. He will then start making "A Gentleman's Dignity" when he comes back on the 13th.

Lee Byeong-Heon who has been busy with American movie "G.I.Joe 2" after 2010 Korean movie "I Saw the Devil", will start making his first historical movie "The King of Chosun". He is going to take on the role of Gwanghaegun of the Chosun and a low class character who looks like him.

Unlike the two who have come back to the country, kwon Sang-woo will start being active outside. He returned to Korea after having completed the movie "12 Chinese Zodiac Heads" with Jackie Chan in China at the end of last year. He previously completed the movie "Repeat I Love You" with Cecilia Chung and is going to attempt at another foreign project.

Chairman Lee Joo-yeong of Bell Actors Entertainment said, "We are looking at China or America sooner this year. He will be active in Korea sometime in the later part of this year".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

*** Looking forward for their new projects. :lol:

3 Hallyu stars turn and go!

*quoted image*

Jang Dong-gun and Lee Byeong-Heon back home...kwon Sang-woo goes out to USA and China.

Jang Dong-gun, Lee Byeong-Heon and kwon Sang-woo are going different ways.

Jang Dong-gun has put his foreign activities on hold after 2010 "The Warrior's Way", 2011 "My Way" and Chinese movie "Dangerous Liaisons". He will be returning to home screens this May with SBS drama "A Gentleman's Dignity". This is his first come back in 12 years. It was one of the hottest issues around the media biz for a while. Jang Dong-gun who came back to Korea on the 6th after the making of "Dangerous Liaisons" will head for the Berlin International Film Festival on the 8th if the movie "My Way" gets chosen for screening. He will then start making "A Gentleman's Dignity" when he comes back on the 13th.

Lee Byeong-Heon who has been busy with American movie "G.I.Joe 2" after 2010 Korean movie "I Saw the Devil", will start making his first historical movie "The King of Chosun". He is going to take on the role of Gwanghaegun of the Chosun and a low class character who looks like him.

Unlike the two who have come back to the country, kwon Sang-woo will start being active outside. He returned to Korea after having completed the movie "12 Chinese Zodiac Heads" with Jackie Chan in China at the end of last year. He previously completed the movie "Repeat I Love You" with Cecilia Chung and is going to attempt at another foreign project.

Chairman Lee Joo-yeong of Bell Actors Entertainment said, "We are looking at China or America sooner this year. He will be active in Korea sometime in the later part of this year".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

oh oh! My three namjas, three projects.. though i m not interested into the drama that JDG will act still support this coming back after a century absense from the TV screen! i still wanna another better female partner in the drama.... like Lee young Ae, or Haji Won !!!!

Cant wait the 12 Chinese Zodiac Heads now!!!!!!! Yoohoo! my Sangwoo in martial works!!!!!!!!! 

***Ohhh………I didn’t know this. :lol:

Director Yoo Ha, "Jang Dong-gun was first in line for "A Frozen Flower"

20120210165313246.jpg

First in line for "A Frozen Flower" was Jang Dong-gun and not Joo Jin-mo

Went to Daejeon to cast kwon Sang-woo in the movie "Once Upon A Time In High School"

"Howling" manages to succeed in casting number 1

It wasn't easy for "Marriage Is a Crazy Thing", "Once Upon A Time In High School", "A Dirty Carnival" and "A Frozen Flower" director Yoo Ha to find the right cast for his projects.

He appeared in Kong Hyeong-jin's SBS Power FM "Kong Hyeong-jin's Cinetown" and said "All the casts I had in mind for the movies I wrote the scenario for didn't work out" and started to reveal the casting stories.

"The role Joo Jin-mo played out was actually meant for Jang Dong-gun but Joo Jin-mo was at Jang Dong-gun's house when he asked if he could have it. "A Dirty Carnival" and "Once Upon A Time In Highschool" were also for other actors I had in mind when I wrote the scenario".

He continued, "I pretended to run into kwon Sang-woo to cast him in the movie "One Upon A Time In Highschool" when I actually went down to Daejeon on a rainy day".

He expressed affection as he said, ""Howling" is one of my successful movies which succeeded in casting the actor who is Song Kang-ho that was first on my list".

"Howling" by Yoo Ha is about a promotion-thirsty detective Sang-gil (Song Kang-ho) and rookie detective Eun-yeong (Lee Na-young) who solves the mystery behind the case and track down a murderous wolf-dog. It is a movie based on the Japanese original "Frozen Fangs" by Nonami Asa. To be released on the 16th.

Source : movie.daum.net/movieI... ( Korean )

Netizens Surprised by Go Soo's Plain Wedding Invitations

by: jnkm on Feb 16, 2012

he groom-to-be Hallyu star, Go Soo will be getting married on February 17 with some top-notch celebrities in the wedding program. However, his wedding invitations were revealed and puzzled netizens due to it's plain and normal appearance.

Unlike other top star's wedding invitations, Go Soo's invitations did not even have a photo of the couple or any elaborate designs or fonts. It just said, "We have become one in heart and chose to vow our love to one another. Please join us and bless us in this celebration."

703d91c0e75c0e3d232661996c5dec23_large.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Check out some of the other celebrity wedding invitations below!

2d57b1e77758d73ce216bf0fe674aa52_large.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young

cc5b9542ec685af1c8f441226fbbe3cd_large.jpg

Kim Hee Sun

fbd74146fb5af9257ba929c88a8c7648_large.jpg

Kim Won Hee

(skipped unrelated.....)

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrities Now Surviving Controversies by Being Brazen

Q. How Long Should Celebrities Take a Break for Self Reflections?

Lately the public has become more lenient towards the PR accidents caused by celebrities. People are more interested in celebrities actively taking part in activities rather than them taking responsibility for their accidents and taking time to reflect. The result is unfavorable for celebrities with a conscience.

The most recent celebrity to stir up an issue was Block B. On January 30 the group held a video interview with Thailand’s RYT9. At the time the Thai people were still suffering from the effects of the floods and the members came off as insincere when they laughed and joked as they stated “We hope to offer help [with the floods]. What we possess is only money. 7000 won,” bringing the group into controversy.

The online community soon was flooded with criticisms such as, “They’re the disgrace of the nation”, “They seem to lack personality training” and “I am so sorry to the Thai people.” However the group’s method of apology was simple- a simple shaving of the head [for group leader Zico] and a comeback for the group to its activities. From the day the controversy emerged to the group’s apologetic comeback it did not take even five days. Though it was a series of events, it had no impact on the group’s schedules.

80449503.jpg

The criticisms too subside due to the undying fervent support of fans. Because of this there’s no assurance that a second or third repeat of another incident won’t happen. This means another potentially severe blow can happen to the image of Korea.

It’s not only Block B. Last year comedian Jo Hye Ryeon became embroiled in hot water over using the melody of the patriotic song, Dokdo is Our Land to teach Hiragana characters. However after stating she would put to rest her activities in Japan she began activities in Korea right away.

There’s also the case of Kwon Sang Woo who was charged with a hit-and-run in 2010. Right after the incident, he joined the SBS drama Daemul. Insooni is another case as she was suspected of evading her taxes and yet continued participating in MBC’s I am a Singer.

Because of these incidents, concerns are growing whether there’s any meaning or necessity behind these celebrities taking time to self-reflect. Since these rebukes are so temporary, it’s become overall more unfavorable for people like Kang Ho Dong who do take responsibility for their actions and decide to take temporary breaks.

A representative from the celebrity industry said, “When [these sort of] incidents first comes up it is difficult however, rather than taking extreme actions, if celebrities continue with their activities the controversy becomes forgotten. That period [between when the controversy first emerges to when it becomes forgotten] seems to be getting shorter.”

Photo credit: enewsworld

***I miss my man! I’m happy to know that he’s going international now. :lol:

************************************************************************************

Kwon Sang Woo from China to the U.S. in 2012

by: jbarky on Mar 4, 2012

4a1e92c71e91d05f872bae3fa68ec27b_large.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo is focusing more and more on his international activities. On March 25 he will film the Chinese drama “Poong Hwa Sul Wul.” This comes right after his filming “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” with Jackie Chan. After filming “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” Kwon Sang Woo was deliberating what he should do next. “Poong Hwa Sul Wul” is about a director that studied musicals in the U.S. and returns to China. The director falls in love with the main female lead of his musical.

After filming wraps up for “Poong Hwa Sul Wul,” Kwon Sang Woo plans on moving to the U.S.

Kwon Sang Woo had stated before on his official homepage last month “Next month I will finish my Japanese activities, I will appear in one Chinese project, and then as I have mentioned before I will join a U.S. movie.”

Kwon Sang Woo was supposed to appear in a Hollywood action film beginning from the first quarter of 2012. However, the action film had some delays which allowed Kwon Sang Woo to focus on his Chinese projects.

When Kwon Sang Woo returns to the U.S. he will begin reviewing the contracts with the Hollywood studio that will produce the action film.

***I'm confused of some news about his new Chinese TV series. I read that he has started filming already but reading again this article it says that he's going to start filming yet on March 25...........Hmmm............what's true, huh? :mellow:

*******************************************************************************************

Kwon Sang-woo to play lead role in Chinese TV series

2012030516330171791_1.jpg

Hallyu star Kwon Sang-woo has been cast as the male lead in a Chinese TV series, according to his agency Bel Actors on Monday.

An official with Bel Actors told 10Asia over the phone that Kwon will play the role of a musical director in the series that is titled "Poong Hwa Sul Wul" in romanized Korean, and it is set to begin its shooting on March 25.

In the series, Kwon's character returns to China after studying musicals in the United States and falls in love with the female lead in the show that he produces.

The official then added that Kwon recently wrapped up shooting Chinese film "Love Again" opposite Chinese actress Cecilia Cheung. His film "12 Chinese Zodiac Heads," the third installment of action adventure series he shot with Jackie Chan, "Armour of God," will open worldwide this December.

Kwon has starred in several dramas and movies since his debut in 2001 and rose to stardom in Asia after playing the male lead in 2003 TV series "Stairway to Heaven" and has since appeared in numerous works.

His latest work before focusing on his overseas activities is local film "Pain," opposite actress Jun Ryeo-won, which was released in 2011.

Credit : 10Asia

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2012030516330171791