Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

*** I didn't know that KSW was offered to do this drama not until I read this article - :lol:

Jang Dong-gun, Kim Myeong-min, Kwon Sang-woo "No" to "Hanbando - Drama"

Why adifficult casting?

Drama "Hanbando - Drama" worth 20 billion won is having difficulties with casting a male role.

The production has been contacting Jang Dong-gun. Kim Myeong-min, kwon Sang-woo and more. However, because of matters like their 'schedule', the production Lemon Rain is looking for other options. Recently it has been let known that they have contacted Park Shin-yang.

"Hanbando - Drama" which is due to be released in December, deals with the enmity between powerful countries for Korea's resources. The casting of the male role seemed to be easy with it being worth millions of won, shot in all locations overseas and fancy action scenes but it turned out to be the opppsite.

According to a management of an actor who refused the role, the continuous fail of big dramas and the fact that the character of the president has to express acting, charisma and others at the same time came as a burden.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Guest peace2007

From K.S.W at 00:16 on 26th May,2011

Hi everyone in CSWS, this is SeongYeong, Elder borther Sangwoo's agent 。

Some media reported that elder brother Sangwoo will attend the Paeksang Awards Ceremony.

Elder brother can not attend because he is busy in filming in China. It is very difficult to adjust the schedule.

Now it is getting hotter and hotter in Korea, please take care of health.Elder brother is currently in the final shooting period.

Good health^^

Guest TY_KSW

From K.S.W  at 00:16 on 26th May,2011  

Hi everyone in CSWS, this is  SeongYeong, Elder borther Sangwoo's agent  。

Some media reported that elder brother Sangwoo will attend the Paeksang Awards Ceremony.

Elder brother can not attend because he is busy in filming in China. It is very difficult to adjust the schedule.

Now it is getting hotter and hotter in Korea, please take care of health.Elder brother is currently  in the final shooting period.

Good health^^

Thanks Peace,

now i could be safely getting out of the live link of Baeksang awards... No Sangwoo no see! kekekek

*** I didn't know that KSW was offered to do this drama not until I read this article -  :lol:

Jang Dong-gun, Kim Myeong-min, Kwon Sang-woo "No" to "Hanbando - Drama"

Why adifficult casting?

Drama "Hanbando - Drama" worth 20 billion won is having difficulties with casting a male role.

The production has been contacting Jang Dong-gun. Kim Myeong-min, kwon Sang-woo and more. However, because of matters like their 'schedule', the production Lemon Rain is looking for other options. Recently it has been let known that they have contacted Park Shin-yang.

"Hanbando - Drama" which is due to be released in December, deals with the enmity between powerful countries for Korea's resources. The casting of the male role seemed to be easy with it being worth millions of won, shot in all locations overseas and fancy action scenes but it turned out to be the opppsite.

According to a management of an actor who refused the role, the continuous fail of big dramas and the fact that the character of the president has to express acting, charisma and others at the same time came as a burden.

(

Translation : Hancinema

Thanks Will :) Neither do i, didn't know that this was proposed to our man until reading this article

Still wonder what is HANBANDO mean? another series on PRESIDENT ? again? i could understand why our man declined it since he surpassed the whole president dramas through the success of DAEMUL!! :) not to mention, may be Jang Dong Gun and Kwon Sang Woo said "no" because of the female lead ? Muahahahhahah!

Wonder who is female lead hah? why they focused us into male only? lol

Guest TY_KSW

South Korea's Kwon Sang-woo Eyes Chinese Film Career

8:39 AM 5/28/2011 by Associated Press (Associated Press)

The Korean actor is set to star in Jackie Chan's upcoming 'Chinese Zodiac.

'SHENZHEN, China -- After building a name for himself in the South Korean film and TV industries, Kwon Sang-woo is setting his sights on another booming Asian entertainment market -- China. The 34-year-old actor is shooting a Chinese-language romance alongside Hong Kong actress Cecilia Cheung and will next join the Jackie Chan project Chinese Zodiac.

Kwon, who shot to fame with the 2003 TV drama Stairway to Heaven, on Friday took a break from shooting in the southern Chinese city Shenzhen to promote Repeat, I Love You.

"This movie marks my first foray into international markets, so I take this movie very seriously," Kwon told reporters.

The South Korean entertainer said he has been a fan of Hong Kong and Chinese film since his student days.

"My childhood memories are filled with fondness and worship for Chinese entertainers, so I am very happy for this opportunity. Even though there is the language barrier, we share the same emotions," he said.

Kwon, whose recent film credits include Destiny, More than Blue and 71: Into the Fire, praised Cheung, who plays two characters in the movie -- both of whom Kwon's character falls for.

"One role is a very feminine, sophisticated woman. The other is very tough. She was able to draw a clear distinction between the two," Kwon said, adding that he was already familiar with Cheung from her starring role in the 2001 South Korean drama Failan.

Casting South Korean talent revives a trend in Chinese film. Veteran Ahn Sung-kee costarred with Hong Kong superstar Andy Lau in the 2006 costume drama Battle of Wits. Ji Jin-hee was one of the leading men in Peter Chan's 2005 musical Perhaps Love. And Cheung worked with Jang Dong-gun on Chen Kaige's 2005 fantasy epic The Promise.

Dan Mintz, chief executive of DMG Entertainment, the Chinese studio behind Repeat, I Love You, said he was looking to breed creativity through cultural exchange -- and wasn't necessarily thinking about South Korean box office numbers.

Directed by Hong Kong pop lyricist Calvin Poon, "Repeat, I Love You" also features Taiwan singer Angela Chang and Taiwan-based model Sphinx Ting, as well as Chinese entertainers Jing Tian and Jing Boran.

"What we look for is very different points of view. And what helps different points of view is by having different people from different places come together," Mintz said, noting that instead of having Kwon master Chinese, he speaks Korean in the movie.

Kwon said after Friday's news conference that after finishing Repeat, I Love You, he will go to Paris to join the cast of Chan's Chinese Zodiac. He is also in talks to co-star with a Chinese actress in a TV series next year.

Chan hasn't announced details for Chinese Zodiac and Kwon didn't elaborate on his role, but the South Korean star said he felt the offer was "a big honor for an Asian artist."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news

South Korea's Kwon Sang-woo Eyes Chinese Film Career

8:39 AM 5/28/2011 by Associated Press (Associated Press)

The Korean actor is set to star in Jackie Chan's upcoming 'Chinese Zodiac.

'SHENZHEN, China -- After building a name for himself in the South Korean film and TV industries, Kwon Sang-woo is setting his sights on another booming Asian entertainment market -- China. The 34-year-old actor is shooting a Chinese-language romance alongside Hong Kong actress Cecilia Cheung and will next join the Jackie Chan project Chinese Zodiac.

Kwon, who shot to fame with the 2003 TV drama Stairway to Heaven, on Friday took a break from shooting in the southern Chinese city Shenzhen to promote Repeat, I Love You.

"This movie marks my first foray into international markets, so I take this movie very seriously," Kwon told reporters.

The South Korean entertainer said he has been a fan of Hong Kong and Chinese film since his student days.

"My childhood memories are filled with fondness and worship for Chinese entertainers, so I am very happy for this opportunity. Even though there is the language barrier, we share the same emotions," he said.

Kwon, whose recent film credits include Destiny, More than Blue and 71: Into the Fire, praised Cheung, who plays two characters in the movie -- both of whom Kwon's character falls for.

"One role is a very feminine, sophisticated woman. The other is very tough. She was able to draw a clear distinction between the two," Kwon said, adding that he was already familiar with Cheung from her starring role in the 2001 South Korean drama Failan.

Casting South Korean talent revives a trend in Chinese film. Veteran Ahn Sung-kee costarred with Hong Kong superstar Andy Lau in the 2006 costume drama Battle of Wits. Ji Jin-hee was one of the leading men in Peter Chan's 2005 musical Perhaps Love. And Cheung worked with Jang Dong-gun on Chen Kaige's 2005 fantasy epic The Promise.

Dan Mintz, chief executive of DMG Entertainment, the Chinese studio behind Repeat, I Love You, said he was looking to breed creativity through cultural exchange -- and wasn't necessarily thinking about South Korean box office numbers.

Directed by Hong Kong pop lyricist Calvin Poon, "Repeat, I Love You" also features Taiwan singer Angela Chang and Taiwan-based model Sphinx Ting, as well as Chinese entertainers Jing Tian and Jing Boran.

"What we look for is very different points of view. And what helps different points of view is by having different people from different places come together," Mintz said, noting that instead of having Kwon master Chinese, he speaks Korean in the movie.

Kwon said after Friday's news conference that after finishing Repeat, I Love You, he will go to Paris to join the cast of Chan's Chinese Zodiac. He is also in talks to co-star with a Chinese actress in a TV series next year.

Chan hasn't announced details for Chinese Zodiac and Kwon didn't elaborate on his role, but the South Korean star said he felt the offer was "a big honor for an Asian artist."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news

Hi TY, thanks for posting this. I feel happy reading this great news! Why? Simply because I want to get to see my lovely KSW more on the screen. So, anywhere will do! Looking forward to his 2-upcoming movies. This looks terrific. Because KSW - drooooooling all-over the place-.hahahah. KSW is super charismatic - .. this man can ACT. About the "Repeat I Love You" movie, I hope there is chemistry between these 2. (CC) This will be added in my “must-watch-movie”. :lol:

Guest TY_KSW

There was a press conference held in May 27.. I m loading pix to post them here.

The press cons lacked the lead woman. However as long as the leading man was there, it enough!!!!!!!

Here is more shooting scenes pix! darn, time fly, she looked much old than when she acted with my JDG.. (reading back 2006) :)

But she is still nice !!!

2eac42e447b73abbe81113f.jpg

e2d39dac1f59b71860f2637.jpg

69051edbbd173e88a135460.jpg

73eb39bcef035585b6568ed.jpg

7d86aee193ab4719cadb15d.jpg

6f437ac78b5f26dfb2d970a.jpg

e9a2a88f4828908b18c0a95.jpg

bbef6e6f78a10bd4059e502.jpg

85ee8a424ffb0b1e84aa89b.jpg

Credit as stated

There was a press conference held in May 27.. I m loading pix to post them here.

The press cons lacked the lead woman. However as long as the leading man was there, it enough!!!!!!!

Here is more shooting scenes pix! darn, time fly, she looked much old than when she acted with my JDG.. (reading back 2006) :)

But she is still nice !!!

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Credit as stated

TY, oh, they had the presscon last Friday? Awaiting for pictures from you, dear..........Please keep them coming. Wondering why the female lead was not present, huh? BTW, did this woman starred with JDG before? Thanks for posting all these photos. KSW shows off his manly look here - These are HOT pictures! :lol:

TY, thanks for these presscon pictures. If this could be made as a poster, wahhh………nice & cool! Different cute expressions from our man here. :sweatingbullets:

Guest TY_KSW

TY, oh, they had the presscon last Friday? Awaiting for pictures from you, dear..........Please keep them coming. Wondering why the female lead was not present, huh? BTW, did this woman starred with JDG before? Thanks for posting all these photos. KSW shows off his manly look here - These are HOT pictures!  :lol:

Yes dear, Cecilia starred with Jang Dong Gun in "the promise" back 2006..

at that time she look quite young! kekekek time fly!!!! not to mention, that was when she was still a single (legally) while now she is a 3-children mom lol!!!

Yes dear, Cecilia starred with Jang Dong Gun in "the promise" back 2006..

at that time she look quite young! kekekek time fly!!!! not to mention, that was when she was still a single (legally) while now she is a 3-children mom lol!!!

TY, thanks for the reply, dear. Oh, that movie of JDG is quite familiar to me - I think I was able to watch it a long time ago. But, didn't know that female there was her..... :lol:

Kwon Sang-woo Joins Cecilia Cheung in New Film

South Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo stars alongside Chinese actress Cecilia Cheung in "Repeat, I Love You".

4220xtylnkwon1.jpg

South Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo promotes the film "Repeat, I Love You" in Shenzhen, southern China on Friday, May 27, 2011. [Photo: CFP]

The Chinese romantic film "Repeat, I Love You" ("Ying Zi Ai Ren"), starring South Korean actor Kwon Sang-woo and Chinese actress Cecilia Cheung, held a press conference on Friday, May 27, in Shenzhen.

Executive producer Stanley Kwan and director Poon Yuen-leung along with cast members, including Kwon Sang-woo, Angela Chang and Jing Tian, attended the event.

The film revolves around three interrelated love stories with the one played by Kwon and Cheung as the core.

Cheung plays two contrasting roles in the film, one as a refined lady, and the other as a determined young woman with quick temper.

It is reported that Kwon is eying a film career in China. After this movie, he will work with kung-fu megastar Jackie Chan in "Chinese Zodiac" ("Shi Er Sheng Xiao").

"Repeat, I Love You" is expected to finish shooting in July and scheduled to be released in February, 2012.

By Wang Yizhu

Credit : CRIEnglish.com

http://english.cri.cn/6666/2011/05/30/1261s640093.htm

4220xtylnkwon2.jpg

Poster for the Chinese romantic film "Repeat, I Love You" [Photo: CFP]

Pix of the movie "Pained".  The synopsis sounds very interesting. Looking forward for its release...

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Credit as stated

Hi mi2u2, thanks for posting these pictures from the movie, "Pain" - I find the plot interesting, too. Can't wait for this movie. Korean movies are so popular these days that in my opinion he doesn't even need to go to China to make movies. But it’s really fine if he wants to change environment for his own good. :lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Hi mi2u2, thanks for posting these pictures from the movie, "Pain" - I find the plot interesting, too. Can't wait for this movie. Korean movies are so popular these days that in my opinion he doesn't even need to go to China to make movies. But it’s really fine if he wants to change environment for his own good.  :lol:

i agreed, he didnt have to go to China to make movie, especially with that pregnant woman!

however if the movie with Jackie Chan he needs to grasp!! kekekekke

i agreed, he didnt have to go to China to make movie, especially with that pregnant woman!

however if the movie with Jackie Chan he needs to grasp!! kekekekke

Hi TY, hehehe - you're so funny, dear - but I agree with you on the first & former - & for JC, he needs to grab the opportunity! I would love to see KSW on the small screen again after these movies. Because he’s doing so well with both. I think KSW will have a long and great movie career. Still, I prefer him to do a drama because more time for him on the small screen..... :lol:

Guest mi2u2

I'm also looking forward to his movie cooperation with Jackie.  His filming schedule right now with "Repeat I love you" is so tight with his other movie Zodiac. Hoping it doesn't overlap the other.  I hope everything will go smooth as schedule. KSW's fighting !!!

Kwon Sang-woo to star in film with Jackie Chan

2011053119201459230_1.jpg

Hallyu star Kwon Sang-woo's casting for Jackie Chan’s new film has been set, according to Kwon's agency Bel Actors Entertainment on Tuesday.

Kwon’s manager at Bel Actors told 10Asia over the phone today that Kwon will leave for Paris on June 5 to start shooting the Chinese film titled “12 Chinese Zodiac Heads” which he will co-star with the famed Hong Kong actor.

The film, to be the third installment of action adventure series "Armour of God," will be shot in various locations till the end of this year beginning with Paris for five weeks and then in Thailand, Dubai, Taiwan and China.

“Kwon will play one of the main roles in the film alongside Jackie Chan,” the manager said, although declining to disclose further detail on Kwon’s character.

Kwon and Chan became acquainted at "Artistes 311 Love Beyond Borders," a charity concert hosted by Chan in early April, aimed at raising relief money for Japan which was struck by a massive earthquake and tsunami on March 11 and Kwon had been eyeing the film role positively since then.

Kwon, 35, has starred in several dramas and movies since his debut in 2001 and rose to stardom in Asia after playing the male lead in 2003 TV series "Stairway to Heaven" and has since appeared in numerous works including war flick "71 Into the Fire" (2003) and SBS drama "The President" (2010) alongside actress Ko Hyun-jung.

Having recently finished shooting the local romance film tentatively titled "Pain," based on the comic series of the same name by artist Kangfull, opposite actress Jung Ryeo-won, he is now in the middle of shooting another Chinese romance flick named “Love Again” opposite top Chinese actress Cecilia Cheung in Shenzhen, China, and will be flying directly to Paris from there.

Reporter: Heidi Kim heidikim@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2011053119201459230

Guest TY_KSW

Hi TY, hehehe - you're so funny, dear - but I agree with you on the first & former - & for JC, he needs to grab the opportunity!  I would love to see KSW on the small screen again after these movies. Because he’s doing so well with both. I think KSW will have a long and great movie career. Still, I prefer him to do a drama because more time for him on the small screen.....  :lol:

I'm also looking forward to his movie cooperation with Jackie.  His filming schedule right now with "Repeat I love you" is so tight with his other movie Zodiac. Hoping it doesn't overlap the other.  I hope everything will go smooth as schedule. KSW's fighting !!!

Yes, hopefully so, my two dear chigus!!

Since the pregnant woman just sticked  to another scandal (after the last sex scandal last 2009) also on same guy Edison Chen!

Agoo, i read in some news and mags that her family may got break after the current commitment!!

Thats why we didn't see her happening in the press cons, because she wanna hide from media about the problem with that baddie guy!!

Hope that her trouble does not affect to the film progress and neither to our man!

darn, they must replace another female lead to that pregnant woman, right? Our man has to go back and forth thousand km to star with a troublesome-scandal-preggie woman!! haiz

To the small-screen project in future, hopefully Korean or Chinese productors know how to cast a SUITABLE PERFECT woman beside him!

NO to any preggie / scandal / flower-vase !! please!!!

Guest mi2u2

@TY_KSW I totally agreed with you too.  The movie won't be released until next year, so hopefully it won't affect the movie's rating. I also read some news they also said other casts members were afraid of being interviewed by the press and journalist, except our oppa.  He's the only one answered questions with sincerity.  Lots of people thumbs up his sincerity and honesty.

Yes, hopefully so, my two dear chigus!!

Since the pregnant woman just sticked  to another scandal (after the last sex scandal last 2009) also on same guy Edison Chen!

Agoo, i read in some news and mags that her family may got break after the current commitment!!

Thats why we didn't see her happening in the press cons, because she wanna hide from media about the problem with that baddie guy!!

Hope that her trouble does not affect to the film progress and neither to our man!

darn, they must replace another female lead to that pregnant woman, right? Our man has to go back and forth thousand km to star with a troublesome-scandal-preggie woman!! haiz

To the small-screen project in future, hopefully Korean or Chinese productors know how to cast a SUITABLE PERFECT woman beside him!

NO to any preggie / scandal / flower-vase !! please!!!

Hi TY, since I read some bad reviews about her during the filming with KSW, I started not liking her anymore - besides, I'm not so familiar with this woman! That's why I hate bringing up her name here every time I post. Our man has so much breeding compared to that person - we could attest to that by the way he answered some questions when asked about her.....She's acting as "primadonna" by not appearing in the presscon - who does she thinks she is? Still looking forward to see the movie MAINLY because of KSW & not for anyone else! :rolleyes: