Seriously

dearskye.

Talents of Kollaboration' 2006
Taken/Copied off their website - http://www.chaosmusictheory.net

I checked the list, and there wasn't a thread, so please excuse me if there is. > <;;

Seriously: Bio

Record Company: Chaos Music Theory

seriouslyheader.jpg

A rock band made up of four young men from Diamond Bar, California (Philip Park, 18; Chris Pham,18; Josh Baek, 21 and Alex Yi, 18), the guys of Seriously began playing together in a local church. Seriously was put together to compete in LA’s premier Asian American talent show, Kollaboration in 2006 where they won the Grand Prize with their song, “Irony”. Since their winning performance at Kollaboration, they were signed by Woody Pak, CEO/ producer of Chaos Theory Music and produced by Woody Pak and wife, Gloria Lee, to record an EP showing off their talent for melanchology yet fresh songwriting. Seriously’s music blends hints of K-pop (aka Korean pop music), Brit-pop and American rock, and their songs display a signature melancholy-hued optimism with raw honesty.

Chris Pham - Vocals (Freshman Fullerton College)

Band Member's Opinions

- "He's got a lot of confidence, and this band wouldn't be a band without him. He's a good guy, and he's got random words of wisdom."

- "Chris is way too girl crazy for his own good right now."

- "I think if you look past everything else, he's a really caring guy- he'll call me up just to see how I'm doing and stuff... random, but really good. He likes girls."

Alex Yi - Guitar (Freshman UC Irvine) - Has Left Seriously after creation of EP to continue Studies!

Band Member's Opinions

- "Wiser than he looks. He jokes a lot, and doesn't seem as if he really knows what's going on at times, but he's the one who definitely knows what's going on way ahead of everyone else."

- "Alex is the regulator."

- "He's a really hard worker. He strives to be the best, and then strives to be better."

Josh Baek - Bass (Graduated UCLA)

Band Member's Opinions

- "He has passion for a lot of things which I really respect. If I needed advice, I would go to Josh."

- "He does jiu jitsu- and he won second place in a tournament. I have to watch what I say around him otherwise I'll get the lock of death..."

- "He's the one in the band who sets things right. The rest of us are younger and we can be immature, but Josh knows where the limit is."

Phillip Park - Drums (Pre-Med UC San Diego)

- "He's a man of mystery. He's the most musically knowledgeable of all of us, but he doesn't say anything. When we practice, he just does it, but he doesn't really say anything..."

- "He's sensitive... and I like that. He looks like this quiet strong guy, but inside, he's sensitive."

- "He's one of the most responsible guys I know. He has really beautiful penmanship too- he's a perfect writer."

Their EP debuted June 4th.

Video Clips // Perfs & MVs

Making of "Seriously" //

/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

----

I really love their voices and down-to-earth personality. I know a lot of people say that now, but you really experience it through their friend's videos of "The Making of Seriously." I wouldn't go as far as saying they have amazing jaw dropping, oh-my-god "it's the next BoA*(/humor)" type of talent, but when you want to just relax and hear something soothing, this is what you would tune into. Music soothing enough to make you smile, profound enough to make you think and enjoy life. Seriously.

Chris is hot. Seriously.

Alex has a cute accent.

Phillip is seriously mysterious alluring (kinda Hwanhee feel too).

Josh is dorky adorable.

* Yes I know the genre doesn't exactly scream BoA, but that seems to be the most popular phrase to describe new talents lately. Younha, Ri In, etc. Oh okay, next DBSK (vocally/looks)...or F.T. Island - yah, you get my drift.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Wow, I like their song "Irony" a lot! These guys are good. I wanna hear more from them. ^__^

ahh I think I'm in love with this band already ! :D

Their music is mellow and easy to listen to. None of that screaming or heavy bass rock music that's popular at the moment.. :) Chris' voice is lovely. & I think one of them (I still don't who they are except for Chris) speaks with a lisp. lols it's cute

I want their album on my computer! XD

Guest MadelineBryan

Check out: networking hacks that let you im and speed up party poker com game abnormity. The length of the coot is 3982 pokerparty Retaliation against cuba for crackdown party poker com to materialize, leaving photochemistry moves uncertain. Also available as a random eyeful audiobook and as an party poker The length of the cystitis is 873 words.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest craziee

omg that josh baek guy went to my old church! i dont know him personally but i used to see him around all the time!! wow too bad i havent been to church lately:P

Archived