Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest renjitehsmex

i so wanna get ZEN Vision: M. already know its pros so I wanna know its cons.

the official site says:

requirements: 256MB RAM (512MB RAM recommended)

but mine's only 256MB, so it'd probably lag right?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest x byul satang

my video ipod broke and my options are:

- fix it for $150

- buy a new nano or video and get 10% off

- buy a new mp3 player

i decided to get a new mp3 player and i want the meizu m6 8gb in white, but amazon only carries the 8gb in black.

would it be safe to buy the meizu m6 on ebay? all the sellers are in china so shipping will probably cost much more and most of the sellers don't have a return policy...

and how many hours of video playback can the meizu m6 handle?

Guest DKYang

my video ipod broke and my options are:

- fix it for $150

- buy a new nano or video and get 10% off

- buy a new mp3 player

i decided to get a new mp3 player and i want the meizu m6 8gb in white, but amazon only carries the 8gb in black.

would it be safe to buy the meizu m6 on ebay? all the sellers are in china so shipping will probably cost much more and most of the sellers don't have a return policy...

and how many hours of video playback can the meizu m6 handle?

Check out anythingbutipod.com forums, they should have all the info you need.

Guest _ping_

SanDisk Sansa e260~ :D

http://www.promago.de/news/wp-content/sansa-e270-1.jpg

Features:

- Video

- FM Radio

- Voice Recording

- Micro SD slot

Pros:

- Easy to navigate through

- Screen is bright and sharp

- Good sound quality

- Can be used with Windows Media Player (MTP), or as an external drive (MSC)

- Converting program is easy to use

- Custom EQ settings

- Micro SD slot allows for more music beyond 4 GB

- Removable battery

- Liquidmetal backplate is durable, more scratch-resistant than other players I've had

Cons

- Preset EQ's are horrible

- Video limited to only Quicktime format

- FM radio reception is bad compared to the Iriver H10 I used to have

- Micro SD limited to only music files (can't view pictures or movies stored on the micro SD)

- Proprietary USB connection

Overall a nice alternative to the Ipod Nano. The design of the Sansa is great; feels small yet durable. I accidently dropped the player and there were no visible scratch marks on the backplate. Having the removable battery is nice, but the catch is that you'll need a small screwdriver to open up the player from the back. Viewing photos is decent, much better than the Iriver H10. Video is Quicktime format but the software can convert from .avi, .vob, .wmv, .mpg and a few others, so chances are whatever videos you have should be able to convert. I converted a few anime episodes without a problem. Definitely wouldn't recommend it for long viewing periods though. I only use it to watch anime or music videos. As with players this small, I think video playback is more of a little extra, but it's better than nothing. The video quality is decent. Being able to use it as an external drive is a huge plus for me; allows for drag-and-drop, as well as store other data files.

Sansa Express

0,1425,i=173589,00.jpg

Capacity: 1 GB/2 GB

Format: Flashdrive

Features:

@ FM Radio

@ MicroSD Expansion Slot

@ Voice Recorder

@ Direct USB Connector

@ OLED Screen

Battery: 15 Hours, but it's often less than that. Maybe 12-13.

Software: None necessary. Just drag the music [AAC, MP3, WAV, WMA] into the folder.

Price: 1 GB: $59.99 / 2G B: $79.99

Pros: It's easy to use and lightweight, and no USB cord is necessary. Plus, it's relatively unexpensive.

Cons: Though it has a bright screen, it's only has a two color display [orange and aqua] and the headphones that come with it are really bad. No video and picture support.

For this price, it's a really good mp3 player. Despite not having video/picture capabilities, the sound quality of the player is excellent and the design of the player is sleek and modern.

I like it. :D

Guest shannelle

my new iriver clix !

DSCF2901.jpg

pro's

~ stylish

~ lots of features eg. games, photos, recording, alarm. etc

~ easy to hold

~ music playback is excellent

~ easy to use

~ fun

con's

~ took me ages to put music on

~ fingerprint magnet screen

overall

this mp3 is excellent. stylish, easy and fun. 9/10

Guest SongBird

That Cowon Iaudio 7 looks and sounds really nice. I'll wait until the price drops a bit more :) How is the scrolling to find songs? With 8 gigs worth of space I hope that you wouldn't have to click through every song to find the song that you want to listen to.

Ipods aren't the best, but you have to admit that the click wheel is a great function for mp3 players. It makes scrolling songs so much easier.

My Sony's headphone jack is crapping out on me after being put through really rough usage. Nothing lasts that long for me if I have to use and carry it around with me everyday be it mp3 players, phones, pda, etc.

I bought a Sansa e280 and have been using it for a about two weeks now. To be honest, it is okay. The functions are great, but they aren't the best. It takes a while to load up if you don't have the time to put your songs in sub folders. This means you have to wait a bit when you turn it on. The response time is just not up to par with like Sony or Ipods. Disappointing for always on the go people like me. You have to make the time to create playlists if you want to cut down on response or search time.

There are a few bugs with the mp3 players so you have to upgrade your firmware.

It has a record option which is great, voice and radio, but it only records only in wav format.

There is a micro-sd slot that is compatible up to 4gig with the right know how to upgrade firmware. But too bad you can only store/access song files on the micro sd card and not more bigger video files which kinda sucks. Video files have to be converted and transferred with the included program. Using other softwares like Super won't work.

20 hrs of battery life. Why? 20 hours is below average for me especially when I had players that lasts more than 30 hours.

Now... the goods.

-blue scroll wheel... pretty and useful

-good size in your hands and feels sturdy, not cheap

-8 gig flash, better than HDD

-user replaceable battery

-radio, pictures, videos

-comes with case and neckband

-sound is pretty good

The bottom line is that this mp3 player will please you visually, but if you want a really good mp3 player I don't recommend it. I don't really like using it myself and will be waiting for something to come out that is the right price and features. The appearance and extra functions/features are great, but they just don't do it for me when all I am looking for is a device that plays music well.

Guest orphannies

That Cowon Iaudio 7 looks and sounds really nice. I'll wait until the price drops a bit more :) How is the scrolling to find songs? With 8 gigs worth of space I hope that you wouldn't have to click through every song to find the song that you want to listen to.

I mainly bought the iAudio 7 for its SQ, which is just amazing. You can tweak it as much as you want, or leave it flat (which is what mine is set on). Finding songs isn't really a problem. It all depends on how you organize your music. You can have them in separate folders (by artist, albums, or genre). I have mine separated by genre btw. You can just keep your finger on the up/down button and it will scroll in the respective direction. One of my gripes about Cowon players though is the lack of support for playlists. They do have the Dynamic Playlist, similar to "on the go" for the ipod. But unlike the ipod where you have the option of keeping that playlist once you sync in with Itunes, the iAudio 7 DPL isn't recognized by your PC. But other than that, it really is an amazing litle player.

Since the 16GB version will be coming out in September, you might see a price drop on the 8GB if that's the version you are interested in.

I have the Iriver Clix2, its a sweet little player. Gui is very cuztomizable and teheAMOLED screen is so bright and clear. But I think I'll be giving mine to my brother, I'll be getting the Cowon D2 :) I like the option of being able to increase my memory by way of SDHC cards, ands more flexibility...

Guest wakaka*

It took me AGES to decide between a Cowon D2, Iriver Clix Gen 2, or Ipod Nano! But when I saw that NCIX had a massive sale and the price of a 4gb Cowon D2 dropped to lower than a 2gb Cowon D2, I bought it.. TODAY! =)

CowonD2.jpg

I love it so far. It lives up to it`s name of having excellent sound and video quality. The touchscreen is a fun thing to play around since I love touchscreens! The size is great, but a bit on the bulky side. For looks, the Cowon D2 is niiiiice~ Bright and sensitive screen, extra memory slot, sleek design.. overall, I`d rate it a 9/10 so far!

As far as cons go, this isn`t so bad. I think that the earphones that come with it are quite crappy.. but that`s not a big deal. It`s slightly difficult to navigate when you first get it, but if you play around with it for a bit.. it`s easy to get used to. One thing I`m unhappy about is the lack of the ability to blindly navigate unless it`s a simple task such as pausing (press the center). It took me AGES to get the radio working lol.. as I live by the radio and can`t imagine what it`ll be like without it! Ah, I almost forgot.. LIMITED ACCESSORIES!

Oops, looks like I have many more cons than pros, but it`s honestly a good media player! I`m just extremely picky about little details =P

One thing I`m unhappy about is the lack of the ability to blindly navigate unless it`s a simple task such as pausing (press the center).

I saw a youtube review of it where you can choose this option to have the button on the sides act as a backwards and forwards button, so you can change your music without touching the screen?

Guest lalagal

My brother has that... It's AMAZING :)

Any questions, I can answer

hwo much izzit??? and where did he buy it from?

wat if i want to buy it from korea, which site do i order it from?

thx.

Guest **ThatGirlPhuong

hwo much izzit??? and where did he buy it from?

wat if i want to buy it from korea, which site do i order it from?

thx.

If you're in the US then you can order it from the American iRiver site. They have both 2gb and 4gb.

http://www.iriveramerica.com/estore/

If you want the 8gb version then you'll have to order that from the Korean iRiver site. I've been browsing around to see when it'll be released here but everything is pretty much a rumor and there's no definite day.

http://shop.iriver.co.kr/

Guest PowerPopJon

Creative Zen Photo Sleek

creative_zen_sleek_photo.jpg

Capacity: 20gb

Control Interface: vertical touch pad control + buttons

Battery Life: supposedly 19 hours. but i kill it within 10

Features: Fm radio & recorder, voice recorder, color LED screen [pictures will come out poorly however good thing about it is that if you ever get high, shake it around and the colors go all crazy. totally trippy], turning it on and off is a bit annoying. and you cant look at photos at the same time while listening to music.

software: annoying to use, so i stopped using it and manually drag and drop the music in myself

Price: depends where you buy it. you can get it for $160 at amazon.com like i did

Review: not so bad. great memory capacity. and the voice recorder is a plus side for recording class lectures inconspicuously if the professor doesnt allow his lectures to be recorded. its a bit smaller than the ipod photo, but heavier

rating: 7/10 the memory capacity and voice recorder features bumped it up for me

My brother has that... It's AMAZING :)

Any questions, I can answer

I have A LOT of questions, lol ^_^

how much is it?

where can you buy it (not online)?

is it easy to put songs on it from the computer?

does it have good sound quality?

long battery life?

can it charge from an outlet or does it have to be charged in the computer?

is it easily scratched?

pros & cons?

I think that's it for now ... (=

lol sorry ^_^

Guest SongBird

^ it depends, what is "huge" to you?

We don't have flash memory mp3 players that can go up against the mammoth 30 gig HDD players yet.

Edit: Good news. I just read that Samsung is in the process of perfecting their 32 gig flash drive. I bet it is going to be expensive as heck. Samsung makes the flash memory in Ipod Nanos so I hope people don't go "is that an Ipod?" :huh:

So, maybe, in the next year or so we will be seeing greater amount of flash memory. Right now Cowan has the I-Audio at 16G.

------------------------

It still kind of gets me upset to have players hold only about 20 hrs charge. I mean, come on we need to have longer lasting players on the market esp. when we have video/photo viewing functions in them ya know.

Archived