Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest oreoo

sc001.jpg

20 gigs, kind of fat.

About 40 hours of playback (I never had it on that long ahha but it's never died on me)

Kind of a pain in the but to put songs in on here because you have to organize them 1 by 1 to make it look neat and stuff. Also, it's not like a drag and drop thing, it has to encode to some different music file which takes a while. Those little buttons on the side are a touch pad =D woo.

My relative gave it to me from Japan for a gift ^-^

I really like it though because it is SONY. (They have amazing sound quality)

MY only problem.. its huge for an mp3 player.

But the battery power is really strong so it's all good.

She told me she bought it for 400-600 USD (I dont know?)

Hmm, I would give it 8.5/10

Product TypePortable Audio Player b.gif

Weight195 gb.gif

Dimensions115.2 x 63.3 x 17.2 mmb.gif

Interface TypeUSB 1.1, USB 2.0 b.gif

CompatibilityPC b.gif

Storage typeHard drive b.gif

Capacity20 GBb.gif

DisplayColor b.gif

Display size2.2 inchb.gif

Battery typeLithium-ion b.gif

Other featuresGrid sense touchpad b.gif

Included accessoriesRemote control; USB cradle; software CD; USB cable; AC power adaptor; headphones

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thyun

All right, this is tough. I am deciding between 2 mp3 players:

Meizu M6 8GB

COWON 2GB

I just can't choose between the two. I have heard that COWON produces quality sound, and the COWON D2 has SDHC expandable memory, so that caught my attention. But Meizu is such a cheap alternative to any mp3 player. Any suggestions?

Guest azn_kira

not sure about the Meizu

but i have a cowon A2 and i have to point out that their battery life is AMAZING. I can play up to around 6 hours video (at least..never tried any longer) and over 15+ hours of music.

the sound quality is also really good, even with the crappy headphones they provide (which are still better than the 10$ ones you can get at best buy) and i bought a 40$ pair of Sony earphones and the quality is <3333

Guest simple.designs

I bought an iriver clix 1st gen. and love it! (By the way, is the clix and the u10 the same?) Unfortunately, another version of the clix came out after I bought mine. Aghh.. But I have enough trouble filling up the 2GB I have currently so no point. Major eye candy though. :P

What I've owned so far . . . iriver IFP-180T, IFP-880, and Samsung YP-T8. I've never had any problems with the irivers but had to upgrade because I broke both after using it for 1+ years. The Samsung I didn't like much. The design was nice but the controls got on my nerves and I didn't like the fact that I had to eject it (right phrase?) before disconnecting it from the computer, which is how I messed it up.

What I like :

• display orientation can be changed from portrait to landscape
  • background image can be changed
  • games
  • language support

What I don't like :

• text color can't be changed
  • no option for removing album art
  • screen is a fingerprint magnet
  • using Windows Media Player to transfer songs - I don't think this is required but I use it just in case. XP
  • non-removable batteries

I can't comment on the sound quality and whatnot since I don't know any of the technical stuff but overall, the clix is a really nice player. It doesn't hurt that JaeJoong from TVXQ used it in the MV. (That's where I saw it and liked it.)

For comparison :

clix1.jpg

On video :

clix2.jpg

I didn't like the case the clix came with so I ordered one online. It has all the slots for headphones, mic, buttons, etc.

clix4.jpg

Guest Incise Soul

I have zen v plus for about 2-3 months now.

- Super small, so easy to put away

- Really cute! :]

- 2 GB (enough for me)

- Pretty good battery life

DON'T LIKE

- It's hard to find songs because you only have the stick to move up and down. It's not like an ipod where it takes seconds to find songs.

- Under the sun or bright lights, I can't see the title of the songs.

- I can't seem to create a playlist.. or maybe I'm just slow..

490.jpg

Guest stardaisy212

i got a creative zen and i loved it till i broke it yes i am careless i call to get it it fix but its like 70 somthing dollars to fix it so i broow my brothers mp3 with is a creative movo whichs sucks cuz its has little space adn its battery power and i have cheap batteries

i need a new one maybe from the creative anyone recomment me? not ipods plz i dont like ipods that much

heres what i'm look for

i'm looking for a mp3 tahts is/has

• Good memory
  • play videos ~
  • holds a good amount of songs
  • haves a radio ~
  • cheap
  • rechangeable
  • last longing
  • small/comforble ~

thee brand i want to get is the creative one but u can remmend me a brand

i dont really want a iPod b/c its breaks easy and ppl can steal it more then a regular mp3

my buget is around 200 and less

~ that means that it is option~

thanks u guys

I have the Samsung YP-K5 MP3 Player.

(You may remember it from The PCD MV: "Wait a Minute")

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/3885/pogue2500wm1.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1244/sa...0k55b25dvi6.jpg

i was just watching that MV !

what are your reviews to it ?

it looks sooo cool.

and since i think ipod nano is overrated... and that one looks so high tech, what do you think of it ? the pros, the cons ?

Guest joongielove

I have the Zune by Microsoft. BIG mistake.

2106313770100045882SGKSSV_th.jpg

Front View.

2679476900100045882WEzYuZ_th.jpg

Size compared to a mouse.

2218514980100045882JyFZop_th.jpg

Side View

2685690590100045882UpCiTk_th.jpg

Picture on the display.

2453490580100045882mhtJop_th.jpg

2432110310100045882VUuCXT_th.jpg

During the playing of a HQ video. [My Camera on my phone kinda sucks too :phew: ]

2041499450100045882NOlZEZ_th.jpg

Another view of during a HQ video

2299683360100045882piyiQL_th.jpg

Probably one of the only good features of it.

I brought this for $249.99. Probably the WORST $250 dollars I have EVER spent. It is big, bulky, and not easy to fit into anything. I've only had it for about...6 months? But it has already stopped working on me numerous times. During charging the first time, it gets really overheated. After that, music transfer is easy and quick if the Zune software is installed.

PROS:

Customizable background

Good sound quality

good video quality[ if video is HQ]

Radio

CONS:

Stops functioning easily

battery runs out after about...4 hours.

Slideshow for photos goes either too fast or too slow

Videos commonly skip or stall

Songs will stall and ruin your whole Zune

Will be long periods of no response

Takes the whole night to charge

Need VERY good earphones for this, as the colume is very small, even at highest sometimes.

No language definition. Only english.

I would definitely NOT reccommend this to anyone, it is a peice of....c***. It is, really.

RATING: 2/10

After reading this thread, I have decided on a Creative Zen Vision M. ^^

Guest n4n45h1

After staring at the mp4s long enough in hk

i decided to get an 8gig meizu m6

i've had it for about 2 weeks now and here's my review

Exterior Aesthetics

Looks nice, similar to an ipod, i personally bought the black one. the glossy black front comes with a sturdy plastic covering which prevents it from getting scratched. i also added a screen protector without knowing so.

Software Aesthetics

software looks nice, reminds me of the ipod as well as the creative vision firmware. in case you didnt know, the entire firmware is skinnable and currently mine looks gorgeous haha. you can also throw in any picture you have in your photo gallery as a background.

Features

i cant think of anything i wouldnt expect after ive been using the cowon x5L

but the feature set is quite complete except for the usb host, which ive heard is possibly in prototype

the audio quality is decent, i wouldnt stick with the stock earbuds though, i used a pair of decent iems and the sound was much better, especially in an airplane.

the usb transfer rate is decent, much faster than i would have expected. unfortunately the mtp support of wmp11 is fairly weak and doesnt always work, they seem to be putting more effort into providing compatibility with itunes.

also there is a 2048 file limit, which seems to be a drawback if you get the 8gb version

Conclusion

the meizu m6 is a reasonable pmp/mp3 player for its cost. the features are plentiful and i would doubt theres anything extremely significant missing.

Guest stardaisy212

i'm looking for a mp3 that holds like 5 videos or less and that holds about 300 songs

can someone help meeeeeeeeee plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz????????????

Guest tinatran_

Samsung yp-k5

sams_yp-k5_bg.jpg

Price i purchased: $200

2 gb

30 hour battery life

Pros:

Beautiful Interface and design.

Chocolate Phone like controls

Very long battery life

Speaker in the back

Cons:

Weird headphones. Not to my liking, they look like hair dryers

No video playback

6 hours of batterylife when speakers are open

Fingerprint magnet

I am pretty happy about my purchase. I have gotten compliment after compliment about the look and the cool feature of the k5. Only thing that worrys me is the quality of the mp3 player and will it break after sliding the speaker in and out multiple times.

does anyone know where i can get this kind of mp3, but the 4 gb version, in winnipeg, manitoba? its in canada, by the way x___x if no one knows, ill just get my cousins to get me one from japan, since they live there anyways =| they do have it in japan right?

Guest xCandeex

Samsung YP-K3 in red :)

i just got this yesterday after my ipod just randomly got corrupted and broke :tongue2:

EC.SAM.YPK3JQR.JPG

-the screen - its very pretty

-comes in 2G or 4G

-looks sleek and cool

-comes in both red and black

-sound quality is great

-can still make playlists

-can store photos (good quality)

-has an FM radio as well

dislikes

-touch screen is a bit confusing at first

-when turning it off you have to pause the music first and then slide it to off

Guest Bathankaal

Iriver H340

Capacity: 40gb (available in 20Gb, it's the H320 version)

Format: HDD

Features: Music, Photo, Video, Record (line in & out), Radio FM, File Browsing, Games, Multi codec (wma, wav, mp3, mp4, asf, ogg vorbis), 10 settings of equalizer, excellent sound quality, 2 slots for headphones, 1 slot for a remote (sold separately), carbon fiber shell (shockproof)

The size is big, but you can get a beltclip so it's easy to carry.

Battery: Like 10 hours of music. Mine is very old, so it's maybe more if you can get it new (i don't think so...)

Player Interface: Simple. 6 buttons. the Screen is wide, the colours are very clean, and the graphic interface is well done. The browsing inside the player is easy, unless your tags are dirty, so it can become boring to search songs. At the same time, each button has 2 or 3 functionalities, so it's important to read the notice before using it.

Firmware: Upgradable from any Iriver site on the internet. You can custom the player's interface (hard when you don't really know how to do it). You load and clear the music a "drag n' drop" way, so it's really easy. The firmware recognize ID3 Tags as well as file names (you can choose) Some others functions, like recording (with many options like sound quality and bitrate) are really interesting when you are musician. Can be synchronized with WMP, and also its media library. Many surprises left to discover by yourself...

Price: When it was first sold 5 years ago, it was 550$. I imported from Korea (through Germany), for 160€ (maybe 160-180$). Very cheap for the HD capacity, sound quality, and features of this player!

h300iriver_1111591535.jpg

Guest MUGETSU

^^^ I'm a fellow H320 user!

I've had mine for over 3 years and it still works! Great battery life and sound! Plays videos, shows pictures, text, games and mp3s!

However I recently got into a car accident where I was hit and it flew and hit the ground hard. =(

The on switch doesn't work, but I can still turn it on using the power cable or usb cord.

=( Looks like I'll be using the H320 as a mobile 20GB harddrive when I get my next mp3 player. I'm looking to buy a Cowon D2 - any reviews here for it?

Guest anonymousfusion

after much debate, i got a zune a couple mnths ago. it was $250, and i'm sure most of you all have seen pics of what it looks like. i know others have posted pics of it on here. i'm generally happy with it, except for some flaws, but it's only the first version, so it's ok, still quite a few kinks to sort out in it. i t-1ested the battery life, it says 12 hours, but i tried mine, lasted about 8 or 9 hours, which is pretty good. but i change my songs and turn on my screen sometimes. it might've lasted 12 if i just listened to my songs without turning on the screen or anyhting. it comes in 5 colors: black, white, brown, pink, and salmon/red

Pros

huge screen, good for watching shows and movies, very clear

you can paste the album cover onto it, and you can see it very large on the screen

good sound quality

very easy to navigate and put songs/vids

organizes songs

can customize background with personal picture that you upload onto zune

has wi-fi, but i've nvr used it, since i don't knnow anyone else with a zune

it's pretty much scratch resistant because of the covering over it. i only have one little scratch, and it's on the screen, and i've dropped it like 10 times

Cons

can only read english, so 1/2 my songs are just squares

can't repeat song, only album/playlist/artist...

if you change one little detail of a song, like album cover, it adds it to the zune like a new song if you already have it on the zune before, so you have duplicates (sorry, i don't really know how to explain it)

a bit bulky and fat, but i can manage to fit it in my pants pocket, and no, they aren't baggy

sometimes when i try to turn it on by pressing the play/pause button, it won't turn on, so i have to flip the lock/unlock thing so it'll turn on.

can't organize videos into folders

can only read .mp4 and .wmv videos. thought they would've learned from ipods. one more format isn't that much better

overall, i give this an 8/10, there are still a lot of flaws in this, but i still love it

i may have forgotten some thngs, since it's late and i can't think properly right now

Hey i jus bought a mobiblu DAH-1500i today from ebay...i won it for 41$...so i thot it wus a pretty good buy...but then i read sum reviews online n a lot of ppl said it froze up on them n all that...askjg;lskgjd =___= ugghhh i dun want my mp3 to break again..nebody have any personal experience wit it???...if my mp3 player breaks again i mite jus have to settle with an ipod -____- lol

mobiblu2.gif

Guest orphannies

Bought this over 3 weeks ago, Cowon Iaudio 7. I'm liking it a lot. This player has the best SQ out of all my other DAPs (Ipod 5g, Clix 2 and Zen V plus). Took a little getting used to the Swing touch controls.

iaudio7pq2.jpg

cowoniaudio74xn6.jpg

Features

• MP3, OGG, WMA,, ASF, FLAC, WAV, MPEG4 (video) playback, FM Radio listening and recording, voice recording, Line-In recording

• TXT(Text), JPEG(Image) File Viewer (Image Zoom, Wallpaper)

• Internal flash memory 8GB

• USB 2.0 Interface

• 1.3 inch 160x128 dot, 260,000 color TFT LCD

• Long Battery Time: Up to 60 hours (Based on company test result)

• Multi-language Support

• Enhanced Integrated Navigator

• Play/Pause during Playback, Record/Pause during Recording

• Next Track/Previous Track, Fast Forward/Fast Rewind, Infinite Loop

• Resume, Fade In, Auto Play feature support

• Search Speed, Skip Speed Setting

• Digital Volume Control :40 levels

• Various EQ and Sound Effects (JetEffect)

- User adjustable 5-band EQ

- Normal, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Vocal, User

- BBE, Mach3Bass, MP Enhance, 3D Surround Support

• Clock, Alarm, Scheduled Recording, Sleep Timer, Auto Power-Off

• Auto display off feature to save battery power

• Title Display with ID3Tag or File Name

Archived