Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

itemprop="name" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.2em; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 10px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252);"I know we've seen bits and pieces of his SINA interview but let me post Dramafever's article since it's more comprehensive and, though I'm not sure how much they embellished it, more interesting (at least to me).  This is also for those who may have missed the translation in the earlier pages.   itemprop="name" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.2em; font-size: 1.6em; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 10px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Varela, arial, sans-serif !important; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252);"FROM DRAMAFEVER itemprop="name" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.2em; font-size: 1.6em; box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 10px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Varela, arial, sans-serif !important; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252);"Lee Min Ho is surprisingly open in this recent interview

by Nancy Z on Wed, Jun 11, 2014

lee_min_ho_8.jpg

Will he or won't he? Although there are usually strict limits and restrictions on what questions you can ask a Korean star, Lee Min Ho was quite open and candid in answering questions in this interview, even the ones considered 'sensitive,' such as questions about nude scenes. We have the highlights from his recent interview with Sina News of China, where Lee was asked many probing questions. At the end, there was even a fun Q&A with fans. We have the translations to go along with the video. Let's get started!

There are two ways to understand the interview. You can read the translation in this article, or you can follow the video by going to the minute mark that's indicated at the beginning of the questions.

Here's the highlights video of the Sina interview conducted in Chinese. It took place in March 2014, right before Lee Min Ho started filming for Gangnam Blues.

Sina: First, we would like to thank Lee Min Ho for this exclusive interview.

LMH: Thank you. (laughs) I will do my best to give a fun and candid interview.

00:23 - You've been spending at least half of your time in China or traveling to China. Do you have plans to film in China?

LMH: I've said it before that I really would like to film in China. I am looking at scripts from both Korea and China now. To me, acting is without borders. As long as the script interests me with an attractive role, I will be willing to take on the challenge.

00:35 - What can you tell us about your new film, Gangnam Blues?

LMH: It's a story about a man chasing his dreams during the time when Gangnam started developing.

(Further asked about the action scenes in the film)

LMH: This film will have the most extreme fighting scenes. City Hunter used props to show very cool action scenes. Gangnam Blues will emphasize realistic action and fighting, and it will look more bloody and powerful.

(Here comes the shocker! Sina's interviewer later admitted that she took a chance by asking the following question. She was actually stunned that Lee Min Ho answered it.)

01:11 - There were topless scenes for you in City Hunter and Heirs. Will you stay away from nude scenes? Can you accept even more revealing scenes?

LMH: More revealing? You mean showing the lower body? (long laughs, looking a bit shy, almost blushing)

LMH: (not in video) If the project requires showing a fit physique, as long as there is sufficient time to prepare, I will work on improving my fitness to reveal appropriately.

LMH: Because I am a male actor, I don't have as much burden as an actress does about showing the body. Be it sex scenes or nude scenes, if it is fitting and required by the story, I will do it without any concern.

(He suffered a terrible car accident when he was with his friend and fellow actor, Jung Il Woo. Lee ended up staying in the hospital for a year. He says he can predict when rain is coming, just like a grandmother can. The accident set his career back a few years.)

01:47 - How were you affected by the serious car accident in 2006? Did you view life differently in the aftermath?

LMH: I was always a leftie growing up, but I used my right leg too. After the accident, I would use my left leg on most occasions. For many people, the age of 20 is when they first reach adulthood and it's a time full of ideals and dreams. But when I was 20, a lot of misfortune came along. I spent a year in the hospital and couldn't move, and I was forced to think a lot. The perception I formed at that time became the sustaining foundation for me to continue to quietly persist and never be self-satisfied.

02:49 - Hong Kong Chinese actor, Andy Lau, has stayed famous for over 20 years and is referred to as an 'Evergreen Tree' in the entertainment industry. Would you like to be an evergreen like him?

LMH: I saw his show on the plane. For twenty years, he has completed 5 projects every year and an album every year. He continues to work hard on many projects. After watching him, I wondered to myself, can I keep up the same passion for work year after year like he does? I had some doubts. After seeing his work, I've come to respect him very much. For the past few years, I've been continuing to work and perform, and to stay busy within my control. I hope to stay productive this way. If I can maintain this attitude and keep working for ten plus years, will I become an evergreen like Andy Lau? I really hope so, to be an actor worthy of respect.

04:33 A Minoz (Lee Min Ho fan) once said to you,'In the future, you will definitely thank the past and present you for diligently improving yourself.' What are your thoughts now?

LMH: Even if I feel tired, I will not give up so that I won't have any regrets in the future. I will work hard regardless of what I do so that I won't regret it later.

05:02 - Many of your fans came to see your arrival at the airport. They sang the song "Can't Help But Fall For You" (the Taiwanese Boys Over Flowers theme song that Lee sang on the Chinese Spring Gala on TV with singer and songwriter, Harlem Yu.) Too bad you left by the VIP exit and did not hear it. Do you have any regrets?

LMH: I was originally going to use the regular walkway. I wanted to greet the fans first before switching to the VIP exit. However, when I was halfway toward the regular walkway, I received an urgent notice asking me to use the VIP exit. I feel disappointed too that I did not get to see them. I am very sorry that you waited for such a long time.

05:21 - (He's asked about his huge crowds of fans and potential problems.)

LMH: I've wondered how early the fans have to arrive at the airport to wait for me, and with how high an expectation? Therefore, I try to be as close to them as possible to greet them. But, there are rules in the airport. I have to follow those rules for safety reasons. I have experienced these crowd many times. If I knew any of the fans fell, I would stop right away. Once I know they are safe and sound, I will then keep moving to avoid any incidents. This is what I would do, and I have seen fans getting injured previously. To avoid any fan injury, I will do what I can as much as possible.

06:57 - Chinese fans have given you many nicknames. We picked the three most representative: Da Meng (Big Cutie), Lee San Sui (Three-year old Lee), and Tui Ge (Long-legged Oppa). Which do you like the most?

LMH: They are all good nicknames and full of affection. I've heard 'Long-legged Oppa' the most. Many people call me 'Ge Ge' (Older brother). Even some people who are older than I am also call me 'Ge Ge' too. It's really funny.

07:34 - What is your ideal love and family?

LMH: I'm the kind who would fall for someone at first sight, and then develop an everlasting love. I wouldn't say anything even when I fall in love at first sight. I will observe for awhile before I declare my love. (Wonder how long is a while?)

LMHWhen I get married, I will want a daughter. Sons are not so good. There are many sons around me who aren't good at showing their affection for their parents. I have an older sister and she is very good at taking care of my mom. Because I'm a guy, I'm not good at doing certain things. Luckily my mother isn't demanding. Even though I don't express it, she understands how I feel. That's good. I love my mom.

(He thinks he is a lousy dancer. Do you agree?)

08:49 - (Even a god can't dance. Lee was asked about his dancing skills and how he feels about dancing in his performances.)

LMH: Dancing? That's a big burden. I can't find (in live performance) the same feeling as when I practiced because I'm not good at dancing. I would forget the routines that I'm supposed to do and just dance casually.

(Say what?)

09:11 - There was a news report about a girl who likes you so much that she demanded her boyfriend to have plastic surgery to look like you. What do you think about it?

LMH: About that? Her own boyfriend? (laughs) I think everyone has his or her own charm, so I don't really think plastic surgery is necessary. It's better to explore and develop one's own personal charms.

09:47 - There are many girls who think like her. What would you tell the boyfriend or hubby of such a girl?

LMH: (laughs) Sorry, Wuo Ai Ni ('I love you' in Chinese). (more laughs)

(Here's another surprisingly candid answer. Lee Min Ho is keenly aware that his appearance is his strongest asset, and he's willing to admit it.)

10:01 - You are considered a 'Nan Shen' (a term describing a perfect man, or a god among men). How would you rank the criteria for 'Nan Shen?'

LMH: Number one requirement is probably looks. People look at the outer appearance first. Second is intelligence. A person's quality is affected by his wisdom and knowledge. Number 3 is the physical build. Number 4 is hard work. Number 5 is wealth.

10:32 - Quick Q&A with Fans

10:32 - goodluv-spz: Your legs are so long. What's your secret?

LMH: Inherited genes. (laughs)

Yun: Oppa, if you are invited by Zhao Bengshan to star in Countryside Love 8, will you accept?

LMH: I haven't seen that show. I'll have to watch it first before I can decide.

ConNie-CHL: Not sure if you will see this, but I am still curious. Do you feel grumpy when you first wake up?

LMH: Yes, very much! (laughs)

Christie: Oppa, my mom says that I keep looking at you and will get too picky to find a boyfriend. So if I can't get married, you are entirely responsible!

LMH: (big laughs) Uh oh!

11:10 - A fortuneteller predicted that you'll have two sons within the next two years. What do you think about that?

LMH: Two years starting now? I'm in big trouble. Two sons? I want a daughter. Two sons! (He can't stop laughing...)

LMH: It's a bit difficult if it's two years starting now. I'll have to be doing something now.

11:38: If your children are taller than you, will you feel deficient?

LMH: I won't feel bad about the height, but if they are stronger, that will hurt my pride.

11:49 - Xiao-yan asks: Oppa if you were a fan and I was Lee Min Ho, and we had the opportunity to meet, what would you like to ask me? What would you do with me?

LMH: If I was LMH's fan? (laughs) Kidnapping. (laughs again) Kidnapping!

Yes, Oppa, I would kidnap you too!

(Interview translated by Nancy Z)

[NEWS]MINHO IN SBS GOOD MORNING ENTERTAINMENT TODAY 140612 SBS 굿모닝 연예 '한류킹' 이민호, 글로벌 활동 기지개
SBS Good Morning Entertainment "Hallyu King Lee, global activity stretching"

uploaded by wildflower---------------------------------------------------------------------------Minho in Top 5 of Amazon Japan K-TV Bestsellers List!Korea TV Drama Best Sellers List of Amazon JP Bp43aTwCIAEQQRM.jpg
source. Minoz_苏喵

From Aishang Thought it's from Soompi LMH since I see several familiar avatars :))Bp4Nc-rCAAAfHmr.jpg:large
source 爱尚土豆淘宝店 weibo
LG KNOCK CODE WEBSITEBp4LtDcCYAAWrkq.jpg:large

LG STORE IN CHINA If this were me, I would be confused if I'm inside Twosome, Semir or LG :-/Bp4_ZJKCAAA_13M.jpg:large
cr as tagged

PMZ FB UPDATE TODAY I don't know why I'm excited about it =))Bp5JN2RCQAE5dCc.jpg:large
https://m.facebook.com/pmz2014
 ===========================================================Bringing this over from KRW Thread because there's mention of Minho :)KRW Fans hosted a food table for the GB cast and crew on 6/11@zinnia Hope you also share with us when DC Gall hosts an event for GB cast & crew---thanks!10430404_10201470545280079_2216017795060
10460277_663062997102983_784631137392974
Source
So Minho is still hard at work on GB set and not on break :(

pixie0622 said: [NEWS]MINHO IN SBS GOOD MORNING ENTERTAINMENT TODAY 140612 SBS 굿모닝 연예 '한류킹' 이민호, 글로벌 활동 기지개
SBS Good Morning Entertainment "Hallyu King Lee, global activity stretching"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Minho in Top 5 of Amazon Japan K-TV Bestsellers List!Korea TV Drama Best Sellers List of Amazon JP
source. Minoz_苏喵

05:02 - Many of your fans came to see your arrival at the airport. They sang the song "Can't Help But Fall For You" (the Taiwanese Boys Over Flowers theme song that Lee sang on the Chinese Spring Gala on TV with singer and songwriter, Harlem Yu.) Too bad you left by the VIP exit and did not hear it. Do you have any regrets?

LMH: I was originally going to use the regular walkway. I wanted to greet the fans first before switching to the VIP exit. However, when I was halfway toward the regular walkway, I received an urgent notice asking me to use the VIP exit. I feel disappointed too that I did not get to see them. I am very sorry that you waited for such a long time.

05:21 - (He's asked about his huge crowds of fans and potential problems.)

LMH: I've wondered how early the fans have to arrive at the airport to wait for me, and with how high an expectation? Therefore, I try to be as close to them as possible to greet them. But, there are rules in the airport. I have to follow those rules for safety reasons. I have experienced these crowd many times. If I knew any of the fans fell, I would stop right away. Once I know they are safe and sound, I will then keep moving to avoid any incidents. This is what I would do, and I have seen fans getting injured previously. To avoid any fan injury, I will do what I can as much as possible.

How can one not love him???

Guest vnlmhfan

Hello, everyone. I saw this message from Starhaus posted on Minoz VN facebook on June 9th about how Minoz can support Lee Min Ho for the Gangnam Blues. However, I don't see this message posted on Starhaus facebook that day, so this might be old news. Though I lurked here for months now, I hadn't seen it before, I might have missed it, but I would like to post it here for whom who haven't seen it:
"Message from StarHaus:
Hello,We truly appreciate your love and support for the actor Lee Min Ho.We'd like to announce the Gangnam Blues support project.The filming has started since the end of April, and we have received a lot of questions.From today, we will accept supports from these below steps, please send us information via email.1. Email:  starhaus09@hanmail.net2. Group name3. Name of the presentative4. Support program (content, please give as much as details as you can)5. What is the date you want to support? *When you have your parcel ready, please send us the information.Please notice below as many fans already know.*Like every other time, we will gather ideas that can be done. After we confirm the schedules and things to prepare, you can contact directly with the person in charge at the filming site and execute.*In case it can't be done on the day you request, we will reschedule it according to the filming schedule.*Anyone can participate if you love Lee Min Ho, but please don't ask for personal contacts, priority... or register with unrelated subjects.*This is a support program with the movie making as priority. Please understand things might change.Let's pray a big win for Gangnam Blues.Please take care of your health in the hot weather.Wish you a happy day.Thank you."

[NEWS] LEE MIN HO is the Brand Ambassador for LG Electronics Taiwan - 李敏镐担任台湾 LG 电子品牌代言人李Bp5m8h-CUAAvhor.jpg
http://technews.cn/2014/06/11/lee-min-ho-lg-taiwan/
So from China to Hong Kong and now Taiwan, his endorsement coverage continues to expand.  LG must be very happy with the results in China that they now want to duplicate the success in other countries.  Chukahe, Minho~ya!  
==================================
@adamfever
In Japan, CH is City Hunter in Seoul to distinguish it from the original Japanese manga City Hunter  :)Here's the photo @MyHun posted.  Good luck finding the bandaid :))

BprWpcfCIAAxhVV.jpg:large