Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

Guest siticantik3011

The writer is out of her mind planning to make Rui the main character. Did she think that she is the creator of Hana Yori?? Thanks for sharing this important news, I defintely will stay away from her work in the future, because the woman is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody puts our Minho/JunPyo aside.

if im not mistaken (do correct me if this wrong) the creator of HYD indeed beforehand intended to make Rui as the main lead as she (Kamio Yoko) thought and did not expect tht ppl will love Domyouji more than Rui.. but yeah tht was in the past~ BBF's screenwriter must be insane or sumthing i dunno, but still im satisfied watching the finale.. tho im wanting more (the JJ's wedding)...since it was a happy-ending, i think im ok with that.. all in all it just a drama~ looking fwd to watch Mino's upcoming project then~ perhaps as a lead in a new movie... :P

Guest ds_dreamer

Today I read the interview of the writer, Yoon Ji Ryon and got mad.

First, JP was not the main leaing man but JH was according to her interview.

That's why they didn't gave enough line of JP's role at the 2nd half of the drama.

Like the rest of you, this is really surprising and with deep regrets.

However, as I think about it, this news made me respect LMH even more.

Despite being the 2nd lead, he worked hard, tried his best, and gave a great performance which moved so many many people's hearts. So much that the writer has no choice but to change the original plan.

LMH has proven his potential and capability. :)

Guest ml_87

BOF finished! i will miss it so much! especially Mino! i will miss JP's smile at the end so so much!!

look forward to him in BOF promotions!!

btw, is tomorrow the Cass CF will be relseased?

Guest symphonee.

I think I'm going to miss Goo Jun Pyo's curls the most, lol. As much as I disliked the ending of BOF, I can't deny the fact that LMH performed most brilliantly and consistently throughout the entire drama. Not once did he let us down in his delivery. I'm so proud of him and I wish him all the best for future projects.

I think I'm going to miss Goo Jun Pyo's curls the most, lol. As much as I disliked the ending of BOF, I can't deny the fact that LMH performed most brilliantly and consistently throughout the entire drama. Not once did he let us down in his delivery. I'm so proud of him and I wish him all the best for future projects.

I'm totally with you 'symphonee' on this awesome statement!

LMH's on screen presence was the guiding light that steered us toward the ending of the drama. I simply cannot imagine the state of the 2nd season of BOF, without Gu Jun Pyo's screen time. That said, I enjoyed every moment that was dedicated to his character. I hope LMH's future holds flourishing energy and brightness, like those of the billion stars in the sky.

yeah.. im gonna miss GJP too .., Mino's acting..T_T

im gonna miss this moment... short, but i still forgive it .. juz take a look at their lips position!! :w00t:B)

dfk17o.jpg

DC MInHo

ah! lm_87, yes.. tomorrow the Cass Beer CF will be released.. can't wait for it! :rolleyes:

and then on April 3rd, Mino will held a fan signing at Busan.. aissh... i wish i live in Korea... >,<

if im not mistaken (do correct me if this wrong) the creator of HYD indeed beforehand intended to make Rui as the main lead as she (Kamio Yoko) thought and did not expect tht ppl will love Domyouji more than Rui.. but yeah tht was in the past~ BBF's screenwriter must be insane or sumthing i dunno, but still im satisfied watching the finale.. tho im wanting more (the JJ's wedding)...since it was a happy-ending, i think im ok with that.. all in all it just a drama~ looking fwd to watch Mino's upcoming project then~ perhaps as a lead in a new movie...

if Mino cannot portray JP's character very well, i bet ppl will more love JiHoo bcoz KHJ is more popular than MinHo before BOF is aired on KBS.. :)

im so grateful for MinHo.. <33

Denise31, AMEN. let's pray for his best future and career...^^

And starting for next week Mon-Tue, i'm gonna re-watch BOF in KBS World,

and will wait for the next week,,and next week.. juz wanna feel the same excitement i have duringr this 3 months ^^

Guest kje_chocolate

i think the writer does realize Jp's popularity. so she tried to increase JH's screentime cauz his acting is not good enough. i mean they need to make this character more prominent ! and to some extent, all the scriptwriter did is to make JH become an angel whom u cant find in this world and JP become a humble whom u can find everywhere. ha ha, just kidding :D

btw, anyone in this thread comes to Mino's birthday event in Korea? i wanna combine my holiday there with this fan meeting. but i dun know where i would live cauz i cant afford the rent :D

EDIT

anyone knows why Mino doesnt attend the " goodbye Ji Hoo" event today? he's too busy? i dun know whether Hye Sun would come or not. but i wanna see her and our Mino :D

Mino can't attend "Goodbye Yoon Ji Hoo" events because he was suddenly hospitalized... :o

(Go to KST for the news Lan dear)

Here is Korean News

http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/news/view.asp?seq=227737

I wonder if Kim Hyun Joong said that for April Fool

heh? seriously? :o

for general check up perhaps??

Vi, give us more info please....

thank you for the link, dear.. gonna read it.

-edit-

how i wish it only an 'April Mop' lie, but KHJ did told it's not a lie, but Mino is hospitalized indeed.. :(

he doesnt give any reason why Mino's hospitalized...

i wish he only took some 'bed rest' in there.. or might be check for his leg?.. :unsure:

most of all, i will always pray for your healthiness & happiness, Mino!!! AJA!

it's already 12.04am in my country, time to go to bed...

c u tomorrow girls... <33

eh, before goin to sleep, post these first ^___^

ETUDE EVENT

124vn07.jpg

2e35wtg.jpg

2r2xh1t.jpg

zxwppv.jpg

cr: DC MinHo + pls don't HOTLINK

oh wow i hope min ho wasn't hospitalized for anything serious. the cast still have to stay strong for more publicity i think. they're supposedly going to Japan to promote the series? filming over but their work is still not over!

hi guys, just a newbie here...

Just wanna share some of my thoughts about lee min ho...

I've seen all the news and promotion for BOF yet just the other day have the chance to download BOF, 1-10 episodes..

I've seen the 2 previous version of hana yori so at the beginning I can't stop comparing all the 3 version not until now I've realized that the korean version is really the best out of the three its because of Lee Min Hoo... When I first saw him, I was like " mini cooper man, he is so damn good looking" From that moment I fell inlove with him not only because he's good looking but he really does gave justice to the role more than anyone else... He really did impress me... And from now on I'll be with you guys in supporting Lee min ho oppa...

More than anyone else in the drama he was the only one I could say did a brilliant job!...

Guest xiaomaii

Lee Min Ho dongsaeng..keke

(he's 1 year younger than me)

I was stunned by your permed hair

How you're willing enough to change to get into the role :blush:

There will be no other Jun Pyo other than Lee Min Ho!

The different emotions of Goo Jun Pyo

the unbelievable stare

the stare who sees right through

the jealousy parts

the silly smile for simple things

the face of shocked and denial

the face of the man who's in love

all packed in the emotion of your eyes

The way you portray your character so different from your usual self :P

I want to see more of the shy and childish Lee Min Ho..

Who suddenly blushed with the people's compliments

Who get shy and nervous for a kiss scene

Who gets up after a fall

Who stay humble despite the big stardom

Who had his own version of a catwalk

Who does push-ups before filming and get strip

Who get along fine even with the kids.. :rolleyes:

As you've said, that no matter what happened before due to your accident, it all paid off! In a way you can't imagine that it was destined. And you'll never be a cast of BOF if it didn't happen. Much deserve of praise, you're a promising actor!

We'll try hard to stop seeing you as Joon Pyo in you future projects.

But we won't forget it's the character we came to love and drawn us to you!

I hope, really hoping your management agency will let you appear on a variety shows with the other BOF cast.

We miss you there big time!

So that we could see more glimpse of the real Lee Min Ho!

Lee Min Ho..Fighting!! :D

--and guys thank you for the pics, I had no access to LMH japan site. For the articles and SC's, I felt the emptiness too, knowing this is the finale for the drama. :(

I will really miss LMH as JunPyo. Mondays and Tuesdays will never be the same again.

But I won't be selfish, he does need his rest. Now he can sleep the whole day without being bothered (except for the fangirls that will probably stalk him)

hahaha hopefully he'll have another project soon,

but with his talent and popularity, producers will be fighting each other off to have a piece of him :D

Guest zaizai_f4_only

i MISS GOO JUN PYO already T______________T

why bof have to end really quick? hikz hikz...

*have to kick my selfishness away*

glad tho that MH will have some rest from now XD

and glad that he already receive the hospital treatment after the filming thing?

that's the reason why he's not at JH's goodbye event ryt?

wish him all good luck for the future project!

cant wait to c him in his next movie ^^

Guest sweet_maple

Although I am still frustrated about the suck ending by the super duper bad script writer and PDs ( gosh a kiss in 7 seconds faster than a blink :angry: ), Minho-ah you have done the best Doumyouji. I think that it may be no one can defeat your best doumiouji's portray . What the F*cking writer said is actually the dark side of the show biz, where is the money and power is much more than the real talent :ph34r: . By the way, I hate the truth they call our Min Ho dongseang is Cinderella man. He is not that he has tried his best to give us the great character, he has worked hark, he has the real talent in acting not like the Cinderella just sit their and waited for the Fairy god-mother came and gave her the glass slippers. The success he has now not by lucky but also for his effort :rolleyes: . Taking time to relax, dongseang ah , I hope to see you in next drama and Movie- actually I really want to see u in the movie I think you can show how good kisser you won't be told "DON"T OPEN UR MOUTH" by the stupid PDs. :crazy:

saw this article at Asianfanatics...

Want to become a star? Just be like Terrius

29wv3t0.jpg

Caption: Many actors rose to popularity after playing Terrius-style characters who give their all for love, but with a touch of frivolity. Lately, as opposed to the more pure and innocent characters, characters with a more realistic edge are increasingly appearing. Photos from MBC.KBS

These actors… who rose to superstardom after playing a breakthrough role

“Want to become a star? Then use them as benchmarks.” Situations of “overnight fame” do exist in the world of showbiz. A common way to describe them is, “stars who have awaken from a deep sleep.” Although they may have experienced obstacles and hardship during their newcomer days, but they become top stars after one drama project.

Every cycle of 3-5 years, a drama star will emerge and leave the nation’s viewers in awe. From Cha In Pyo in 1994’s ‘Love In Your Embrace’, Ahn Jae Wook in 1997’s ‘Star In My Heart’, Won Bin in 2000’s ‘Autumn In My Heart’ to Eric in 2004’s ‘Phoenix’ and Lee Minho in this year’s ‘Boys Before Flowers’ - they are the best examples. Let’s take a look at the styles of these 5 men who rose to ‘overnight fame’ with just one drama, and who have caused a drama syndrome, capturing the hearts of female viewers.

Good Looks, Wealth, Power… The Terrius-type Heir

Besides having a handsome appearance, in dramas it’s rare to find any “half-baked” lead characters. Even though it may be a new actor trying to make his name, he would be playing a character with the following qualities:

Firstly he must be wealthy. It’s not enough to be just a ‘regular’ rich man’s son. Cha In Pyo played the heir to a large department store, while Ahn Jae Wook played a top singer and the son of a general. Won Bin was the heir to a hotel conglomerate, while Eric was the son to the president of a large corporation. Recently the scale of things got even bigger with Lee Minho’s ‘Gu Joonpyo’ character as the heir to the world’s 2nd largest conglomerate Shinhwa.

In terms of their personalities, they have to be “bad boys” with a cold exterior. Cha In Pyo was lacking in many ways, and his caustic words often embarrassed people. Lee Minho, like Won Bin before him, has the idea that money can buy even love. However, it’s different when it comes to the women they love. They make all preparations before confessing their love, and the details are all necessary. The female protagonists will always show dislike or indifference, but will eventually discover their true feelings after ‘dramatic’ events.

On the other hand, the female protagonists share common traits too. Shin Ae Ra in ‘Love In Your Embrace’, Choi Jin Shil in ‘Star In My Heart’, Song Hye Gyo in ‘Autumn In My Heart’, and Gu Hye Sun in ‘Boys Before Flowers’ all come from poor families. Although Lee Eun Joo in ‘Phoenix’ started off as a rich girl, she ended up poor after a sudden incident. All of their characters tend to be naive and cheerful.

To summarize, all of the male protagonists are like Terrius from ‘Candy Candy’ or Edward (Richard Gere) from the movie ‘Pretty Woman’. In Guiyeoni’s hit Internet novels, the male protagonists always possess four basic characteristics: handsome, rich, good at fighting, and a good listener. Drama critic Lee Mun Won said, “In Korean drama that targets the sensitivity of teenage girls, Terrius is the type of character that transcends time.”

A Shift from The Outsider to The Realist

Change comes with the passing of time. Stars like these have to be good at mushy confessions or gestures of love. Cha In Pyo has been the best in this area, overwhelming Korean viewers for playing the saxophone and waving his index finger from side to side. Other than that we have classic lines that still remain popular such as the following:

“사랑해, 죽을 때까지” [saranghae, chugeul ddaekkaji]

(I’ll love you until the moment I die) - Ahn Jae Wook’s Kang Min Hee in ‘Star In My Heart’

“얼마면 돼? 얼마면 널 살 수 있어?” [Eolma myeon dwae? Eolma myeon neol sal su isseo?]

(How much will it take? How much can I buy you for?) - Won Bin’s Han Tae Seok in ‘Autumn In My Heart’

“타는 냄새 안 나요? 내 마음이 타는 냄새” [T'a neun naemsae annayo? Nae ma-eumi t'a neun naemsae]

(Do you smell something burning? It’s the smell of my heart burning) - Eric’s Seo Jung Min in ‘Phoenix’

Compared to them, Lee Minho’s Gu Joonpyo comes across as being more realistic. He says, “I’m handsome, tall, smart and rich. Can anyone not like me?”

Instead, it seems that it’s his rival in love Yoon Ji Hoo (played by Kim Hyunjoong) who churns out these dreamy lines, “I’m Geum Jandi’s honorary firefighter who protects her”, “Why didn’t I like a kid like you instead?”

Economic views have changed too. There was a strong tendency towards personalities like 20th century icon James Dean, the strong-minded and rebellious outsider . Ahn Jae Wook and Won Bin went against their famililes’ wishes time and again. Despite being rich, they despised the idea of money taking priority over everything else. Instead, for love, they chose to give up everything without a second thought. Cha In Pyo’s motorcycle became a symbol of his style.

However, it seems that the concept of “weathering the storm together” is gaining popularity, the idea of sharing everything and not abandoning each other. Lee Minho’s Gu Joonpyo said, “Do you know how many families of the Shinhwa employees I have to be responsible for?”, and eventually separated with female lead Geum Jandi temporarily. Instead, it’s Kim Hyunjoong’s Yoon Ji Hoo who possesses Terrius-like qualities and even has a motorcycle to boot. Drama critic Prof Yoon Seok Jin said, “Rather than the type of character who believes that love conquers all, for the more independent women of today, they’d prefer a Terrius who is more attuned to reality.”

source: DongA

chinese translations by: 悟空空@love-ric

english translations by: midnightgirl13 @ absolutshinhwa

>>>>gonna miss Jun Pyo and the crazy ride that is BOF

I'm totally with you 'symphonee' on this awesome statement!

LMH's on screen presence was the guiding light that steered us toward the ending of the drama. I simply cannot imagine the state of the 2nd season of BOF, without Gu Jun Pyo's screen time. That said, I enjoyed every moment that was dedicated to his character. I hope LMH's future holds flourishing energy and brightness, like those of the billion stars in the sky.

I agree with you. I really don't know what the writer was thinking of. It's so obvious that JunPyo totally eclipsed all other members of F4. His chemistry with JanDi was the reason I kept returning every Monday and Tuesday night. LMHis just such an awesome actor and was able to portray so much with just a glance. If it was not for him and GHS I would have lost interest in the drama along time ago. Come to think of it there really wouldn't have been a drama. I hope he does well in the future and I really hope that next week's special episode allows him to shine even brighter.

I will miss those curls every Monday and Tuesday night. :tears::tears:

Guest mirca

As you guys might know LMH was not in hospital last night but

he was shooting CF of LG something(don't know the item, maybe

beverage or LG oz service). So don't worry.

Tonight the CASS cf will be on air.

Yesterday Japanese FUJI tv aired LMH's interview, which was

taken at the swimming pool scene of finale.