Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest roshinip

@adamfever

I'm not sure either as to what Mino is upto in HK, however I just read that he is there for Chow Tai Fook event. The links are as follows;

http://myeverything73.blogspot.com/

Chow Tai Fook x Lee Min Ho FanMeeting in Hong Kong on 27 January 2015 *\(^o^)/* pic.twitter.com/lweLrbISzw

— pi ピン핑 (@hethpi1025) January 2, 2015

:)

zinnia said:

And for those who will watch GB in your countries with subtitles, I will teach you some swearing words so that you can understand how often Jong Dae and other people curse in the movie. ^^

The first one is "ssibal" or "ssipal". It is an outright swearing. I think it's equivalent to F-word in English.

So if you use this word to strangers in real life, you will be in a big trouble.

But Jong Dae sometimes says this word to Yong Gi in an endearing way. LOL

I hope you will be able to differentiate it from real swearing. ^^

20150126102713_54c597f1ac434_1.jpg

Lee Min Ho prepared a special premiere for his fan club members.

On January 24th and 25th, Lee Min Ho held a special premiere for his official fan club members at CGV Apgujeong branch, which is located in Shinsadong, Seoul.

Fans who submitted application on the official fan club's website were invited to the premiere, and it is said that Lee Min Ho prepared the premiere to make an unforgettable memory with his fans.

The premiere was held under the title of 'Back To 1970,' and the event's concept was revival of 1970s. Free tickets, pop corns, and drinks were provided, and Lee Min Ho prepared special souvenirs for the fans. PMZ sponsored free chocolates and Twosome Place also sponsored free coffee.

Lee Min Ho also prepared songs and photos from 1970s, and a huge photo zone made people to feel like as if they made a time travel back to 1970s.

Lee Min Ho's fan club members and PMZ also prepared a food booth, and they raised funds to for their donation. All of the profits and raised funds will be donated to a charity that supports poor children, and a representative of PMZ said, "All of the profits and raised funds will be used for children who are in desperate needs of financial support."

Lee Min Ho could not attend event because of his schedules, but he sent a special video message for his fans, and Jung Jin Young, Han Jae Young, and head director Yoo Ha also sent video messages.

Meanwhile, 'Gangnam 1970' was officially released on January 21st

cr:starnews

----------------------------------------------------------
More poses from Selfie King ^^

6964db43gw1eomw1o0g8ej21e00xc44r.jpg
6964db43gw1eonestz59wj21e00xcgrk.jpg

6964db43gw1eomw1pkyjij21e00xcgrd.jpg
6964db43gw1eonetwielvj21e00xc7aj.jpg
6964db43gw1eonetaaw2zj21e00xcgrq.jpg
6964db43gw1eonetzil6fj21e00xcq90.jpg
6964db43gw1eoneu47b9nj21e00xcdlu.jpg
cr: seojeong

@zinnia thanks for the info, i'm familliar with the words gaesaekki and gaesaekkya, but 'ssipal' is new to me, so today I learn a new word ^^

January 27, 2015

Box office remains retro with ‘Gangnam’ at No. 1

27075727.jpg

“Gangnam Blues,” featuring Kim Rae-won, left and Lee Min-ho, retained the retro fever in local cinemas by topping the box office this weekend. Provided by the distributor

Retro fever lingered at the local box office over the weekend with Yoo Ha’s “Gangnam Blues” debuting at No. 1, according to the state-run Korean Film Council on Monday.

“Gangnam Blues” dethroned the controversial and long-reigning historical movie “Ode to My Father,” which traces Korea’s modern history after the 1950-53 war that split the peninsula.

The nostalgic mood is expected to be maintained by celebrity director Yoo’s latest noir film, which takes us back to the ’70s when the now-affluent southern area of Seoul was filled with farmland. It later underwent a major development plan, which is a vital part of the film’s plot.

Hallyu celebrity Lee Min-ho and accomplished actor Kim Rae-won star in the film as two ambitious youths who shared the same impoverished upbringing but end up betraying each other over the southern Seoul development project.

The movie is the final installment of the director’s “Gangnam” trilogy, which is filled with male stars demonstrating difficult stunts in southern Seoul.

It sold 709,602 tickets over the weekend, already achieving one million admissions within five days after its release.

Disney and Marvel’s first and much-anticipated collaboration “Big Hero 6,” featuring the “huggable” robot Baymax, was shortly behind “Gangnam.” It opened in second place with an audience of 662,068 over the weekend. Since its release on Jan. 21, the movie has attracted 839,257 moviegoers, making 6 billion won ($5.6 million) in Korea.

Young science prodigy Hiro and his marshmallow-like robot, which he inherits from his brother Teddy (voiced by Korean-American actor Daniel Henney), are joined by four others to save their imaginary city San Fransokyo from a scientific catastrophe.

Yoon’s “Ode to My Father” stepped down to the third spot with 512,743 ticket sales, adding up to a six-week total of 12 million admissions.

“Love Forecast,” which stars rising actors Lee Seung-ki and Moon Chae-won, was in fourth place with 281,194 sold tickets.

“Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb” showed a lackluster performance compared to its two previous installments by remaining at fifth place, garnering 177,720 cinemagoers. 

BY JIN EUN-SOO [jes@joongang.co.kr]

‘Gangnam 1970' reels in 1 million in 5 days

Updated : January 27 2015

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20150127
(OSEN)

A significant tally considering it is rated R.

According to South Korean box office statistics, “Gangnam 1970” sold 90,5340 tickets on Jan. 26, bringing the total to 1,097,103.

Now moviegoers are watching keenly how well it ends up performing at the box office.

“Gangnam 1970” deals with the friendship and rivalry of two friends against the backdrop of the real estate development of Seoul Gangnam district, one of the fastest-growing neighborhood in the 1970s.

khnews@heraldcorp.com

Source kpopherald

Fancam at the airport

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"[직캠] 20150126 Incheon Airport Lee Minho 홍콩출국 by, MinozToz

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"150127 Lee Min Ho @ Chow Tai Fook fanmeeting event in Hong Kong

uploader meowmm13

Pics at CTF FM Event in Hong Kong

B8WmmcrCAAAsi0D.jpg
B8WmLz5CEAAuYax.jpg

B8WmJTeCMAAjH2k.jpg
B8WmY6NCYAAdpj9.jpgB8WmY-gCQAAvssk.jpgB8WmmhoCQAEFu0m.jpg

cr as tagged/logo

Lee Min-ho is every girl’s ideal man in pictorial

Updated : January 27 2015

Actor Lee Min-ho’s new pictorial for French outdoor brand Eider has been released.

In the photos, he poses as everything from the romantic boy next door to a rugged, handsome hiker.

(Eider)

His sharp jawline and strong eyes emphasize the masculine feel of Eider’s outdoor collection in dark hues of red and blue.

For the color-blocked casual crossover line, he lets down his bangs and smiles charmingly to create a cozy, boyish vibe.

Meanwhile, Lee Min-ho softened his gaze for the shots taken together with actress Han Ji-wan.

The resulting pictures are so romantic that they seem to be of a real-life couple.

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

Source kpopherald

Guest irwanti

@ Wisd, On the contrary, I like him with his :relaxed" hairstyle and outfits, just like how he was in some stage greetings. I think, that is the "real" him. To be honest, LMH is an actor that I like because of him as a person, not the character he portrayed. I like Kim Tan, I love Daejang, I drool over Lee Yon Song, I think Gu Jun Pyo is cute, but none of them can beat Lee Min Ho. And what is even more fun to me is that I don't feel the need to compare him with any other actors, I just love the way he is. I see many minoz here feel the same with me. I guess we just have a different preference here.
;;)

Guest roshinip

@moonrain
I love the pics of Taobao that you have posted, Mino looks like a magician indeed and those pics remind me of Michael Jackson's " Billie Jean" and " Smooth Criminal" (Smooth Assailant)These are for you. :)>-

10940597_911438785547630_275769035719781

10943111_774847969275035_739048658873901

10152026_774847979275034_913575949722672

1798665_774799669279865_3837835867994731

Cr Logo

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Lee Min Ho 이민호 Eider S\S Spring & Summer Style 2015

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"150127 Lee Min Ho @ Chow Tai Fook event in Hong Kong

And a news clip on his arrival in HK:

Annyeong, SooMZies!  >:D<  Thanks y'all for the unending updates and sharing of uri Minho's videos, pictures and news articles!  Mianhe, I've been very busy to post but never too busy to lurk and enjoy all your awesome posts.  Keep 'em coming, Minoz---no time to rest just like our beautiful and very accomplished boy-man \:D/
R-RATED GANGNAM 1970 STAYS ON TOP ON ITS 7TH DAY OF SHOWING!!! <:-P <:-PB8XfN47CMAEYCV_.jpg:large
Just like what y'all wish, I too hope that G'70 has legs as long as our dear Oppa's and stays on top for many, many more weeks \m/ [-O<
Sharing here an interesting review from SCREEN DAILY, a multimedia magazine covering the international film business----

Gangnam Blues

26 January, 2015 | By Jason Bechervaise

Dir/scr: Yoo Ha. South Korea. 2015. 135mins

Marking something of a return to form, Yoo Ha’s gangster film about two close friends who get separated and join different gangs is set against a fascinating backdrop as one of Seoul’s most affluent districts Gangnam – now famous following Psy’s hit single Gangnam Style – is being drawn out amidst much corruption in the real estate market during the 1970s.

At times, its scope is perhaps overly ambitious inevitably making it heavy going for some. However, much like Yoo’s classic A Dirty Carnival, this film is set to stand the test of time owing to Yoo’s captivating craftsmanship that will demand subsequent viewings. Beautifully shot and choreographed it captures the era in glorious fashion – also aided by an excellent 1970s soundtrack that includes Filipino folk-singer Freddie Aguilar’s song Anak that was released in the late ‘70s.

Locally, the film took a respectable $5.5 million for an R or 18 rated film on its opening weekend (Jan 23-25) and has currently accumulated $8.3 million since its release on January 21. This is likely to be attributed to a number of factors including the casting of superstar Lee Min-ho alongside Kim Rae-won together with its compelling backdrop, which is part of an ongoing trend in Korean films, television and music to go back in time.

Going forward, its success will depend on how viewers react to its dark tone. Internationally, meanwhile, Lee Min-ho’s starring presence will be its strongest selling point, especially in Asia where he’s immensely popular, while fans of Yoo and Korean gangster films will also be intrigued by this bold and stylistic feature as it hits various territories in the coming days and weeks.  

The film’s two central characters are childhood friends Jong-dae (Lee Min-ho) and Yong-gi (Kim Rae-won) who struggle as orphans to make ends meet. They are then separated once they get involved in a political skirmish after their shanty home is demolished. Three years later, Yong-gi is now working in a criminal organisation, the Myeongdong-pa while Jong-dae is still living with a former gang leader Kil-su (Jung Jin-young) and his daughter Seon-hye (Kim Seol-hyun), but also ends up in another gang after Kil-su is unable to repay his debt, and seeks to help and find another way of earning money.

Ultimately, as those in high places meddle in real estate as the price of land is set to rise (this particular piece of land they are after is now known as Gangnam, which literally means south of the (Han) River that runs through Seoul); the two friends are caught in a web of corruption, but on opposing sides making their friendship increasingly precarious. 

When it comes to gangster films, Yoo again demonstrates his expertise at orchestrating such a feature following a departure into other genres such as the erotic period filmA Frozen Flower and thriller Howling where he failed to make the same impact. Akin to Once Upon a Time in High School – the first film in his noir “street trilogy” that includes A Dirty Carnival, and concludes with this feature - Yoo grounds his latest film in a social and political context always provoking further thought with references to the social system, almost poking fun at it all, which is emphasized in the film’s poignant final scene. 

On a technical level, this is Yoo’s most accomplished film to date with a number of outstanding set-pieces using an array of camera angles and locations while masterfully exploiting lighting, colour and choreography giving it a rich noir touch.

This film features two stars, but it’s Lee Min-ho who leaves the lasting impression despite him being the less experienced of the two – it’s his first leading role in a film. Successfully shaking off his persona as someone used to playing attractive and wealthy young men in Korean television dramas, he’s certainly one to look out for given how he’s embraced this challenging role.

Gangnam Blues is not without its problems though. There is little room for supporting roles to be fully developed, with the exception of the character Kil-su, and it’s also a little uneven in places. Some may also struggle with its overarching scope and bleak tone, but regardless of its faults, it certainly doesn’t disappoint. Fans of Yoo and Korean gangster fare should therefore welcome his latest triumph.

source

CONGRATULATIONS, LEE MIN HO!  Beyond the commercial success of your first starring film, we are so proud that your talent is being acknowledged by almost everyone who have seen GANGNAM 1970, critics and ordinary people alike.  WELCOME TO CHUNGMURO, LEE MIN HO!cheer1.gif
B8XaWdjCYAACzMS.jpg

cto/ as tagged

It is absolutely beautiful to see his efforts in building interest for the movie is paying off.  I am not sure if the live stage greetings were Showbox' idea or is a usual practice in SK.  But I have no doubt that uri Minho wanted to do this so he can have a first-hand feel of his countrymen's reactions to his first starring movie.
Love this series from super C-Minoz, Minoz Peace :x :xShe accompanied her photos with a short description of the time when she took them.  Just lovely. (Note:  I am paraphrasing a lot here, so please bear with me.  Original posts HERE.)
"My favorite.  On the nth day of consecutive stage greetings.  He was about to go through another door, down a hallway, head bowed.  Shaking off drowsiness? In deep thought?  I have no idea...everyone around him was quiet, too. "aed82facjw1eooixth0j3j20rs15odlz.jpg
"Then the two doors of the elevator opened, bright lights shined in the cinema, loud screaming.  The day has started.  As he looked up, what can you read from his expression?  In a hurry, can't tell whether this is a face of the boy or the man.  At this moment, he is a young man at work.  Just like you and me.  But he bears not only his dreams but the dreams of millions of people.  The one who wears the crown must bear its weight.  In drama and in real life."aed82facjw1eooj7kt8paj20m80xc440.jpg
"The next second, some Minoz gently called out his name, and his look changed.  Very pure, very beautiful.  He said he wants to be an actor who gives positive energy to everyone.  I can say that I feel it from him.  Again and again.  Everyone can see the boy's hard efforts well into the future.  Wait and see.aed82facjw1eoojlwnsybj20m80xcjvu.jpg

cr Minoz Peace weibo