English subtitles (Complete)

Torrents: Ep 1-2 Ep 3-4 Ep 5-6 Ep 7-8

creidesca's clubbox

samshiki's clubbox

Reviews

X at twitchfilm.net

javabeans at dramabeans.com - Ep 1-2 recaps

Extracts from X's review:

"...those who did watch the show were impressed, so much that several Internet cafe wrote petitions to get the DVD release we can enjoy today, and this little 8 Episode Drama ended up on many critics' Year End Top 10."

"...this little show managed to defy every single expectation I could possibly have, and become one of my favourites of 2005."

"The first big change from your usual sports Drama is that Taereung focuses on the meaning of sports for the average person, it doesn't simply focuses on the RPG-style elements of certain Historical Dramas. The growth we experienced in the show is not just the athletes improving in their own disciplines -- Judo for Min-Gi, Gymnastics for Maru, Swimming for Dong-Kyung, Archery for Soo-Ah -- but maturing as a person first. An instead of focusing on the 'team', we get to experienced every single character's various emotional stages, from the determination shown during training to the depression during their slump, to the will to continue fighting despite failures, injuries, losses. It's not an ode to the Gold Metal, but a bittersweet look at how hard reaching the elite for athletes can be, how stressful it is to maintain that level, how much pressure you go through from peers, coaches, parents, friends to keep making your country proud. The best thing Taereung does is stripping those athletes of their status as some kind of superstar elevated on a pedestal, presenting them as people first, instead."

"Characters that feel like friends you know, people you've met."

"Yes, there's romance in Taereung, but it has none of that anxiety, that sense of impeding doom (if you don't love me, I'm gonna kill myself!) every single decision taken in Trendy Dramas create. By dropping all the false pretenses, by showing even the 'elite' are not machines without feeling, built from their youth for success, able to shake off failure in a couple of weeks. They're prone to making mistakes, being selfish, immature, sometimes even acting like cowards, because that's life. And the fact instead of 'love' as a simple, pure, innocent feeling developing between two people, Taereung shows several shades of gray..."

"What helps is not only the writing (great dialogue), but the rhythm and pacing given by PD Lee, which differs considerably from other 단막극 (one-two act specials). Even if we're dealing with 8 really short episodes, she manages to balance character development, the usual training and matches, romance, comedy, some intelligent and mature Drama, all in a very solid package which constantly entertains. Camerawork feels like a well shot independent film more than a TV Drama, and the soundtrack, by Dream Pop band Tearliner, is exceptional."

"Nothing incredible happens in Taereung, and you probably have seen it all. But two weeks after finishing the show, I still miss those characters: I miss the quirky and silly charm of Min-Gi, the maturity and calm of Dong-Kyung, the down-to-earth personality of Soo-Ah, and of course Maru's irresistible energy. That's a sign of an incredibly well written show, which deserves a series of its own, like the shows' many fans have been asking for the last few months."

About TNV, Seoul

22 Aug 06 English Chosun

29 Aug 04 Sports Illustrated

Cast

Lee Min Ki as judoka Hong Min Ki

b0de608e.jpg

Choi Jung Yoon as archer Bang Soo Ah

5b2a1ed3.jpg

Lee Seon Gyun as swimmer Lee Dong Kyung

0677aa3b.jpg

Kim Byeol as gymnast Jung Ma Roo

afd154ea.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest babymarzy07

first! yey finally!! :) thanks for making a thread. i love the first two eps so far. minki so cute here!! ^^

Guest thunderbolt

i love the first two eps so far. minki so cute here!! ^^

Hi babymarzy07, thanks for being the first to post! :P TNV's a really great drama. I'm confident you'll love it even more when you have watched the rest of the episodes. The BON team is working hard on the subs. Thanks for your support.

Hi kokonii, please share your thoughts on TNV. I love Minki in this but the other characters are really cool too. :)

Many thanks to thunder dear for creating this thread~! :wub:

REPOST

B.O.N F u n S u b s PRESENTS

[MBC] Taereung National Village (태릉선수촌)

taereungwg5.jpg

Banner credits: mangosteen

NOTE: Only soft subs will be released.

HQ episodes are distributed via clubbox and DA torrents.

Episodes 1 & 2

Translator: Dahee Fanel

Timer: Jannah

Editor/QC: thunderbolt

Coordinator: SeReNiTy

CB Downloads Available @ http://clubbox.co.kr/samshiki and http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca

Thanks so much to the three Minkiteers and B.O.N staff for making this project possible~! :wub:

Enjoy~! :D

Guest babymarzy07

Hi babymarzy07, thanks for being the first to post! :P TNV's a really great drama. I'm confident you'll love it even more when you have watched the rest of the episodes. The BON team is working hard on the subs. Thanks for your support.

no problem :) i can try to up some eps here non cb too. i just need sometime :) i watched about until ep5 without subs. still very amusing without and interesting. hehehhe aja aja BON!! :)

Guest Dahee Fanel

Ahhh, many thanks to dear Thunder for creating this thread. :wub: It was a travesty that this wonderful drama didn't have its own thread, that's what.

I've lost count of how many times I've watched this series now, and I still love it to pieces. It's just impossible to get tired of it. It sticks in the mind long after you've finished watching it, and you can't help but go back and rewatch it. It's so...so real. So insightful, so heartwarming, so funny, so sad. I love it.

Everyone, this is a MUST-WATCH!! Don't miss it!

B.O.N F u n S u b s PRESENTS

[MBC] Taereung National Village (태릉선수촌)

taereungwg5.jpg

Banner credits: mangosteen

NOTE: Only soft subs will be released.

HQ episodes are distributed via clubbox and DA torrents.

Episodes 3 & 4

Translator: Dahee Fanel

Timer: Jannah

Editor/QC: thunderbolt

Coordinator: SeReNiTy

CB Downloads Available @ http://clubbox.co.kr/samshiki and http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca

Thanks so much to the three Minkiteers and B.O.N staff for making this project possible~! :wub:

Enjoy~! :D

Guest thunderbolt

Oh yay, subs for Ep 3-4 are out!!! Thank you so much, team. Love you all. *muah*

Can't wait to get back from my trip and rewatch Ep 3-4 again.

Thanks for the subs!

I am watching now... I am commenting as I watch.

I really like her boyfriend... I hope they don't break up. :tears:

Aww... I love how ep 3 ended. It's so sweet that everyone around him loves him so much.

lol... I loved that the were playing 'Back for good.' The only 'Take That' song l like.

Buhahahaha... "Georgia" kicked his butt. That's what he gets for being cocky.

lol@ their mud/food fight. They really had to relieve their stress.

Poor Dong Kyung :tears: Soo Ah & Dong Kyung for life! Please don't break up :(

I found it interesting that each 'couple' does a 'special' thing together, and it's not meant for another:

Soo-Ah & Dong-Kyung: nail painting

Min-Ki & Ma-Roo: doju

Min-Ki & Soo-Ah: energy pass through the forehead

Guest Dahee Fanel

^Don't forget the energy ball thing that Min-Ki and his coach do. :lol:

clockwatcher, I really love Soo-Ah and Dong-Kyung together, too. They're just so comfy with each other. It's so great to see. But I also love Soo-Ah and Min-Ki's relationship. They're relaxed around each other, too, but there's also a tension there, an energy...It's hard to explain. But yeah, it's quite the dilemma, isn't it? :( And then there's poor little Ma-Roo, so besotted with Min-Ki, but without a chance of making him see her as a woman...*sigh* I wish all the characters could end up perfectly happy, but that's rather impossible, considering the state of things.

lol... yeah, there's no hope for Ma Roo - she needs to find someone her own age :D I don't really feel bad for her because she's a bit of a spoiled brat and in all honesty, even she has to know that she has no future with Min Ki... at least for now. She can try again in like 5 years. lol

As for Min Ki and Soo Ah, I definitely see chemistry and all that and if she were single, I'd support them 100% but Min Ki knows that she's a taken woman yet he doesn't respect her relationship. I don't like that.

But what I really don't know is how they will all fare in their careers. I love how this drama shows their struggles and failures. We have Soo Ah and Dong Kyung who were at the top of their fields but they are now getting 'older' and no longer the stars they used to be. Ma Roo the 'genius' who had difficulties last episode and then Min Ki the guy with psychological issues he was able to overcome them and we've seen the downside of an over-inflated ego.

I can't help loving this show because it's so much more than just a romantic story.

Guest dariav-

Hello!

Erm, is it possible for GOM player to play TNV with the soft-subs?

I've already placed both in the same folder with the same name but the subtitles won't play :(

Or do i need some other programme ? Thanks! =D

UPDATE: Okay, i managed to get it work. Thanks anyway! =D

Guest dariav-

I'm done with the first 4 episodes and boy, i love this show. I love how i'm completely drawn to it in a very logical manner, not the usual endorphin-high plots (like Dal Ja's Spring :w00t: ) that leaves me half-crazed fan right after.

i think twitchfilms had a very accurate analysis on this show, each character is so human, realistic, that we can relate to them and I really want to know what continues from then on. Romance is just dressing to this awesome script which is a rather refreshing twist compared to most k-dramas where romance inevitably becomes the general fodder for everything (well, especially after sex for Dal Ja XD).

Thank you so much BON FunSubs for bringing us the subtitles, I can't wait for the remaining episodes :lol:

Archived