Kim Min 김민

ay_link

• 3 months later...

link to article

20070817143625100119c18bd3.jpg

[뉴스엔 고홍주 기자]

영화배우 겸 탤런트 김민이 지난 14일 득녀한 것으로 뒤늦게 밝혀졌다.

지난해 4월 이지호 영화감독과 결혼해 현재 미국 LA에 살고 있는 김민은 이날 현지 산부인과에서 소중한 첫 딸을 품에 안았다.

김민의 한 측근은 17일 “산모와 아기 모두 건강한 상태다. 두 부부가 공주님을 얻고 굉장히 좋아하고 있다”고 전했다.

한편, 김민은 출산을 앞두고 만삭의 몸으로 촬영한 비키니 화보를 공개해 화제를 모으기도 했다.

고홍주 becool@newsen.com

Ah~~ she's having a daughter :) hehe..

I was a bit confused before, coz the news about her pregnancy was around last april, and to calculate the math, huh? the baby is born already? :lol:

but then again, I must've misunderstood. Last April, she was already 5 months pregnant, and now, from the news above, her baby was born August 14th.

Both parents are overjoyed to welcome their new little princess.

Congrats, Kim Min unni! ^^

• 4 months later...

January 16, 2008

Korean director's Hollywood debut

080116p17lifejn1.jpg

Director and writer Lee Jie-ho, right, and his wife, actress Kim Min, arrive at the premiere of “The Air I Breathe” in Los Angeles, Tuesday. The romantic, crime drama has a star-studded cast that features Forrest Whitaker, Julie Delpy, Kevin Bacon and Andy Garcia. The film marks the directorial debut of the Korean-American filmmaker. It had its world premiere at Tribeca Film Festival in 2007 and is opening in theaters on Jan. 25.

Source: The Korea Times/AP-Yonhap

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../173_17386.html

• 2 weeks later...

Not news update about Kim Min per se.. but more of her husband, Dir. Lee Ji Ho. Related to the news posted before this. :)

---

January 23, 3008

Korean-American Director Lee to Make His Debut with “The Air I Breathe”

0801237047080916rg1.jpg

The Movie “The Air I Breathe,” written and directed by Korean-American director Jieho Lee will be released on Jan.25, 2008. It stars Forest Whitaker, Andy Garcia, Kevin Bacon, Brendan Fraser, and other famous actors and actresses.

airki1.jpg

The Korean-American director has earned fame in Korea for his short film “A Nursery Tale,” which premiered at Sundance in 2000, and the production of various music videos for Korean pop-stars such as Lee Jeok, Lee Seung-Chul, Baek Ji-Young.

Q: You graduated from Harvard with a Master’s Degree in Business, so what made you decide to become a film director?

It sounds cliché, but it had been a dream of mine, ever since I was a child. While I was going to school, the dream of working in movies always lingered in the back of my mind. Going to the graduate school was sort of a deal with my parents, who had been worried about my future. I don’t regret it because I gained a lot of valuable skills in the world of business.

Q: Can you give us a brief overview of the plot of your movie?

The four emotions of human life – happiness, pleasure, sadness, and love – are showcased in four corresponding vignettes, each displaying one of those emotions. There are a business man who bets his life on a horserace, a gangster who dreams about the future, a pop-star who becomes victim to a violent mob boss, and a doctor who is looking for love. Through each of the characters, I feature each of the traditional four pillars of emotion (happiness, anger, suffering, pleasure), replacing the original suffering with love.

Q:As a novice director, how did you manage to get such an impressive cast?

There wasn’t really any sort of secret method. Before casting, I planned on everything as meticulously as possible, and stressed the storyline. The most difficult part was to interview with the actors, especially Kevin Bacon, who absolutely does not work with a novice director, and I could not forget Andy Garcia, who smelled of cigars all throughout the interview.

Q: What are your plans for the future?

More than any plans, I have one important goal in mind, and that is to bring more Korean directors and actors into Hollywood, whether it is through my own movies, or to bring them more connections in the Hollywood industry. Korean actors and directors are remarkably talented. If they get their foot in the door, there is no reason they wouldn’t be able to succeed. Experts point out that there would be obstacles such as language barriers, insufficient funding, but those are not problems that can be solved overnight. The entire movie industry has to work together to overcome these obstacles, and I will do whatever I can to get rid of them.

By Stephanie Chang

Source: Dynamic-Korea

http://www.dynamic-korea.com/etc/people_new.php

• 1 month later...
Guest teardrop

my parents saw them in la...i forgot the restaurants name...but it's a "jook" place.. i think on 8th??

it's a really small place but lots of ppl go there for sam gae tang and jook!! hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry.. still another update on the hubby.. :blush:

---

March 14, 2008

Director Lee Ji-ho's Hollywood Debut Film comes to Korea

080314ent2gi8.jpg

Director Lee Ji-ho's Hollywood debut, "The Air I Breathe," is set for a April 9th release.

Starring Forest Whitaker, Kevin Bacon, Brandon Fraser, Andy Garcia, and Sarah Michelle Gellar, "The Air I Breathe" had already made its U.S. release on January 25th.

"Lee Ji-ho is a new director who miraculously obtained a stellar cast with the screenplay alone," said an official from the movie's distributor, Lotte Cinema. "We have set the Korea release date for April 9th," they announced.

"The Air I Breathe" is a mystery film about the four human emotional cornerstones: happiness, pleasure, sorrow, and love.

Happiness dreams of escaping a repetitive life as a funds broker (Forest Whitaker): Pleasure is a mobster who can see the future but can't change it (Brandon Fraser); Sorrow is a pop star who gets caught up in organized crime (Sarah Michelle Gellar); and Love is a doctor who is always down on his luck in love (Kevin Bacon). When their four tales are unraveled, one interconnecting theme is revealed.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...3299_11692.html

Guest sakura_dubai

she got married.. i have seen that...

buti haven't watched any of her work.. sadly.. !!

is there any future project?

• 4 years later...

Archived