Jaw Surgery

s@nbi

For Square-shaped Jaws
I recieved Jaw Surgery during the summer of last year. Not the one related to dentistry. The one where you cut your jaws to reshape them if you have a square-shaped jaw. I am posting this for those who are interested and have questions.

My Story:

Ever since i was little i had a square-shaped jaw. So my face looked like a square. I wasn't embarassed or anything. As i grew older i did want an oval face like other girls. I would cover my face with my hair so my square-face won't show. My mom and I did think about Jaw Surgery to reshape my jaws so i won't have a square-shaped jaw anymore. But my mom was scared about it. I did want to recieve it because i didn't want a square-shaped jaw. This surgery is not common in the states so we were planning to go to Korea and do it because its common there. Last year of Summer in 2006 i went to Korea. I didn't have any plans of recieving the surgery. I just went for vacation. I visited a plastic surgeon to get a doctor's opinion and he said my case was serious and i should recieve the surgery. So we made the decision to have the surgery.

Waking up:

I just remember that i was all groggy and tired... not in pain...i felt very exhausted and sleepy. I noticed there were a lot of people in my room. Several of my relatives came to see me. But i was groggy and did not know who was who and i was very tired so i went to sleep.

My face was very swollen, i had a bandage around my face with these tubes hanging from my cheeks. Those tubes were to catch the blood that was coming out of my cheeks. I stayed in the hospital for 2-3 days. The hardest part was having those tubes in my mouth. I could not drink water properly. But those were taken off before i was discharged. I felt very relieved and better after those were taken off. I heard rumors and stuff that this surgery is very painful. Cause your jaws were cut off. But i didn't feel any pain at all. The doctors said i was a amazing girl. Not complaining or anything. There was this other girl next door who recieved the same surgery as me i think. She complained and cried like a baby.

Recovery:

All i did during recovery was stay at my aunt's house. I wasn't able to eat any solid foods only liquids. So for one week i drank only liquids and ate soup. The only bad parts is that you can't eat for one week and also can't take a shower. I looked horrible. My hair was itchy and a mess, my face was swollen and i had a bandage wrapped around my face. The worst part was lying down and getting up from the bed. After the surgery i could not get up or lay down alone. Because if i did my neck and shoulders hurt so much. The pain was horrible. So my mom helped me up and lay down. A week later i took the bandages off. What a relief. I could breath. I was able to take a shower and eat like a normal person. But my face was still swollen. I went back to the states and the swell went down. I fully recovered.

I am happy with the result. I am glad i recieved the surgery. I don't have a square-shaped jaw anymore. When i look at my old pictures i think to myself i looked this before?

Guest amarynthis

When the doctor said it was 'serious' did he mean it had a negative effect on your health or something? Or did he mean your face was just very square?

Guest *.:StarryEyeSurprise:.*

omg can't believe your mum agreed for you to undergo this surgery

my parents would NEVER give me the consent

I have a square jaw too -_-

but... I think it's only very severe bc my jaw is like wierd...ie I'm gonna undergo the orthodontic (corrective) jaw surgery, which may lessen how square it is at the moment

oh are you korean? Bc I tend to find korean parents to be much more ok with plastic surgery

My parents think it's a big NONO

oh yah can you PLS post before and after pics of your jaw??

how old were you when you had it done?

Guest cocoa

I heard this was one of the more dangerous surgeries? Or so my mom says anyways.

I have a square jaw and it's annoying, because it keeps clicking and popping. =[

Guest xskyi

i want that surgery so much!!! :tears:

I hate my jaw every sience i was little.

I still do now and i never thought that there are any surgery to this but hey there are!

But my mom i think wouln't let me before she really have all the info and i dont think she can fly with me to korea or any other places.

And i want to be in korea to so two flyes in a row. hahah uhuhuhuh :tears:

• 4 years later...
Guest UsagiBunnie

I heard it takes a year to fully recover. 

How were you able to recover so quick?

Oh, I;m guessing you knew how to speak korean. I want that surgery but i dont speak the language. 

Guest paintyourxtarget

I have a square jaw and it's annoying, because it keeps clicking and popping. =[

does it click and pop because it's a jaw, or does it click and pop specifically because it's square-shaped?

Guest Pixiepeddle

Wow you're amazing to undergo a very dangerous surgery. I have the square jaw, but I would never do this

Guest cocoa

does it click and pop because it's a jaw, or does it click and pop specifically because it's square-shaped?

Wow, old thread!! I think it's just the alignment of my jaw.

Guest blackhabit

wow talk about reviving an ancient thread haha Okay, I have nothing against plastic surgery, I'm all for bewb jobs if you feel A cup isn't good enough. But cutting the jaw :crazy: I can't imagine the pain and iono mad props to you for doing the surgery. I know kpop girls all have V lines and ovals, but a lot of famous A list celebrities have square jaws and I think they're gorgeous. Demi Moore and Keira Knightley...gorgeous but square face. Just find a suitable hair do and great outfit and you'll be gorgeous too!

Guest paintyourxtarget

some people just have the face for square jaws. like olivia wilde:

77498456.jpg

of course, we don't all look like olivia wilde or keira knightley lol

Archived