Dynamic Duo

Guest idyllic

Guest Hep D MC

originally underground was supposed to have a similar meaning to indie. artists who dont have major distribution or promotion, as opposed to the mainstream artists that do with huge investments made by their record label.

but certain trends started to take place in the styles of these 2 types of artists, underground making songs of watever they wanted, more dark, thought provoking type songs, while the mainstream catered more to what sold at the time, more poppy, upbeat or "dancable" songs, which lead to the categorization of styles between the 2.

that's based off what i believe tho. no facts to back up my agrument.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Olivia*sSlave*

i think this section of the thread is for like the more cultured listeners

well does anybody have this album and give a review I would like to know cuz i liked the first but the second album can sometimes be sorta blah

^

to be very brief, its quite different from the 1st, so I cant really say whether you'll like it or not,

but the sound is quite diff from the first,

has a couple of tracks similar to taxi driver's style though,

Listen to it first before you buy if you're worried.

Its not an easy listen at first, but gets better after a while.

check it out.

Guest METAL FACE DOOM

hip hop is music.

nah it's a culture...a lifestyle...if you ain't livin it no respect to ya.

btw dd 1 > dd 2...aint really feelin this album too much to be honest with you...missin cb mass...sigh.

• 4 weeks later...

nah it's a culture...a lifestyle...if you ain't livin it no respect to ya.

Interesting comment.

Please explain how one must live his/her lifestyle to be recognized as "hiphop".

• 2 months later...

yea like always love DD... and my homie featured on this album, the track is called Love Is with DD and Tasha.. his name is kibum.. he signed with them under GAB Ent... also i have alot of tracks with kibum too.. for example 143-012 was kibum singing... now back to topic. overall the album is pretty good... some tracks that disappointed me, but dokki didnt let me down... while i was in korea, i was like this kid got talent, he was originally signed with Jo-PD under Stardom but i guess DD picked him up.. very talented kid.... KOD shined on this track.... good to hear them together like back in the days.... anyways... overall the album is off the sweaty balls!..

yea.. you can say they went a lil commercial? but there skill is still there.... dey just trying to reach out for more audiences..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not like a major fan of this group. But just wanna say... they had a cool MV out for "Let's Go" (Feat. Sixpoint From KOD). They were dressed up like the Beatles,.... I guess one of them is a fan of the Beatles? :lol: :lol: :lol: ^^

Guest Take Five

damn...i wish i was going to school in socal right now. i imagine they won't get much of a reaction, like dt and tasha =/

• 1 month later...
Guest Dah_jOkA

Interesting comment.

Please explain how one must live his/her lifestyle to be recognized as "hiphop".

Rap is a genre, hip-hop is a lifestyle

the 5 elements to hip hop are: Bboying, MCing, Graffin, or DJin

hip hop as a lifestyle would reflect upon a person as a whole, to LIVE a hip hop lifestyle, u'd live, see, think, and act a certain way.

hiphop isnt all BLING BLING, fast cars, money n hoes, dats gangsta hiphop, not to be confused wid HIP-HOP in general. in general its more of n art about truthfully EXPRESSING oneself.

its bout How you CHOOSE to live ur life, how u choose to think, u need to have dat certain attitude,

tha "EFF THA WORLD I DO MAH OWN THING N IM HAPPIE WID IT N I DONT CARE WES OTHERS THINK"

mang iono tha fully get tha concept of a hiphop lifestyle ya gotta live it. mad hard to explain it perfectly in words

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

[News]Dynamic Duo to Perform with Black Eyed Peas

070801dynamicduowz1.jpg

Dynamic Duo, a popular Korean hip-hop duo, is set to perform with American hip-hop group Black Eyed Peas in Seoul.

Dynamic Duo will perform on the opening stage of the Black Eyed Peas' first Seoul concert on August 15 at the Fencing Stadium at Seoul Olympic Park. What makes the Korean hip-hop duo's upcoming performance significant is that they were reportedly personally chosen by the members of the Black Eyed Peas, who went through the CDs and music videos of numerous Korean artists.

Dynamic Duo said they were honored to be performing on stage with such an internationally renowned hip-hop group as the Black Eyed Peas. The duo also said they are looking forward to the upcoming concert as they are big fans of the group and promised to put on a great performance on stage.

Dynamic Duo released their third studio album in May. Since its release, the duo's latest album has been sweeping various music charts.

Meanwhile, the August 15 concert will mark the second time the Black Eyed Peas are performing in Korea after their special performance at the 2006 Incheon Pentaport Rock Festival. However, the upcoming concert will be the group's first solo concert in Korea.

creditz~KBS Global+blueice@kpopkingdom ^^

• 4 months later...

Archived