On 8/29/2017 at 2:33 AM, _Dokkaebi_ said:

@jaysmurf & @Noor90 

I re-watched CP in the honor of its 10th anniversary. It's crazy how time flies!! A whole decade with GY, cheers to thousands more! :heart:

Everytime i rewatch CP , i got the same feelings like the first time i watched it , even CP as story is so simple .  but the love between HK & EC , chemistry of GY & YEH , chemistry of all coffee princes were so so great and real . i loved the struggle of HK . 

"I like u Whether you 're a man or an alien i don't care anymore " This one of my favorite quotes in all k-dramas :heart:

@tok-soompi Congratulations to GHJ , HJM " GY best friends now" ^_^

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Noor90 said:

Everytime i rewatch CP , i got the same feelings like the first time i watched it , even CP as story is so simple .  but the love between HK & EC , chemistry of GY & YEH , chemistry of all coffee princes were so so great and real . i loved the struggle of HK . 

"I like u Whether you 're a man or an alien i don't care anymore " This one of my favorite quotes in all k-dramas :heart:

@tok-soompi Congratulations to GHJ , HJM " GY best friends now" ^_^

I agree, it's such a simple story. I have to admit though, I wasn't very fond of Han Sung ahjussi and Yoo-Joo noona story at all times. So I usually skipped those. But I LIVE for HK and EC <3 His struggle of accepting EC is just so painful and beautiful at the same time. And that line is my favorite too! :heart:

• Like 1

@_Dokkaebi_ i'll add something else . for me no actress can play EC like YEH , no actor can play HK like GY . they added something to their characters . also i loved how every character has love story but with different taste ^_^

@chellep1234_969a @2handsintertwined @alohagongyoo @jaysmurf @staygold @gongi @isabelly @tok-soompi @nuryl_gong @tieya1810 @kentangbakar i'd love to read your experience with coffee prince since it's 10th Anniversary like @_Dokkaebi_

I'll share MY Favorite Coffee Prince MV To Celebrate CP 10th Anniversary 

Since i'm Arabian , i'll share MV with Arabic Song ^_^

This One for Our dear friend @CatchMine_ID Return :wub:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Noor90 said:

@_Dokkaebi_ i'll add something else . for me no actress can play EC like YEH , no actor can play HK like GY . they added something to their characters . also i loved how every character has love story but with different taste ^_^

@chellep1234_969a @2handsintertwined @alohagongyoo @jaysmurf @staygold @gongi @isabelly @tok-soompi @nuryl_gong @tieya1810 @kentangbakar i'd love to read your experience with coffee prince since it's 10th Anniversary like @_Dokkaebi_

I'll share MY Favorite Coffee Prince MV To Celebrate CP 10th Anniversary 

YES! I completely agree! It felt somewhat like their personal touch was added to the characters. For some reason, CP was a part of forming my image of GY. In many ways I think he resembles the developed character of HK, (in some ways only), for instance, his funny side, his caring nature, and loving family part. Going through problems on his own, with only a handful of people he can share and talk with. 

As for YEH as EC (her being one of my favourite K-actress as well), I see as her this perfect bubble of joy. She's hardworking, caring, sweet and honest. Maybe that is what made CP the way it is? Their own very down to earth personalities and charms? 

Thanks for all the MVs <3 The arabian song is beautiful btw! :D

• Like 4

Hey guys..

It's me since I've become a silent lurker.... I had to log in to post this... Though i'm sure a lot of you have already read this interview...

http://www.esquiremag.ph/long-reads/profiles-and-features/gong-yoo-esquire-korea-a1918-20170620-lfrm6

I'm crying now... There's so much pain inside this interview... Why is he so hard on himself... Why does he feel like his fans can't see beyond the "celebrity light" that is usually cast on Asian actors? Why does he thinks that his fans doesn't love him through his acting or his passion for acting? I understand a lot (even most) of the actors in Asian countries (even hollywood ones) sees the filming industry as the road to fame and rarely for its artistic value... And the public feels that way too and rarely regards the dramas or movies seriously (Focusing too much on the celebrity) ... But I'm sure GY's fans are seeing him as the actor and not only the celebrity part of him...

Maybe i'm being conceited or reading it too much... But It feels like he's not happy after Goblin.. After the fame that it brings.. I dont see his genuine smile that i see from the BTS episode when he was working.. His smiles on all the interviews, events etc felt fake to me...

And it's so frustrating that I am unable to transmit this message to him... Bcz I'm a nobody from a place that he wouldnt even know exists... 

Frustrated bcz there's fans who loves his work and him as an actor but not the "oh so charming celebrity”.. But he doesnt get that message from us...

:bawling:

If any of you, happens to write a letter, send a video or anything that you do to try to communicate with him... Please let him know... that we see him as an actor... as the person that brings the work he's in alive.. and not an just a mere idol that has looks and charm and fame....

• Like 2

hey yorobun

weekend is here ! i have also re-watched some of GY's past works.

i realised not only the way of filiming, GY's acting has really grown more over the years.

it's no wonder that his fanbase has grown. <3

@casey1409 long time no see. i dont really like that interview. it talks a lot about how he tried to reject writer KES which is almost like negative of him. i prefer his other interviews where he express himself honestly with a tinge of humour.

Edited by jaysmurf
  • Like 3

On 9/1/2017 at 4:57 AM, jaysmurf said:

hey yorobun

weekend is here ! i have also re-watched some of GY's past works.

i realised not only the way of filiming, GY's acting has really grown more over the years.

it's no wonder that his fanbase has grown. <3

@casey1409 long time no see. i dont really like that interview. it talks a lot about how he tried to reject writer KES which is almost like negative of him. i prefer his other interviews where he express himself honestly with a tinge of humour.

Now that I read what you said, it really does feel like the interview was trying to be too negative for the purpose of publicity... I feel better now... :cold_sweat: thanks...

• Like 4

Our Man Sooo sweet & romantic in BC Card new CF :heart:

21317553_869483983205235_654417867193237

21271333_869483923205241_497709884624087

21192769_869483946538572_236287934416143

21272450_869483913205242_297790290634062

21271107_869483893205244_720190471130187

21192081_869483856538581_650968282657351

21271147_869483829871917_387381316690705

GY is shooting many romantic Cf , i wish he'll choose romantic drama or movie . Cuz he's perfect in romantic scenes :wub:

Gong yoo with Model & crew of Bc Card in Czech , Prague , it was shooted in Aug :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jaysmurf said:

GY is so tall as usual. Even when he is wearing flats.
Sigh...I am crooning. 

Also , I love him when he wears flip flop :D

On 8/31/2017 at 7:46 PM, casey1409 said:

Hey guys..

It's me since I've become a silent lurker.... I had to log in to post this... Though i'm sure a lot of you have already read this interview...

http://www.esquiremag.ph/long-reads/profiles-and-features/gong-yoo-esquire-korea-a1918-20170620-lfrm6

I'm crying now... There's so much pain inside this interview... Why is he so hard on himself... Why does he feel like his fans can't see beyond the "celebrity light" that is usually cast on Asian actors? Why does he thinks that his fans doesn't love him through his acting or his passion for acting? I understand a lot (even most) of the actors in Asian countries (even hollywood ones) sees the filming industry as the road to fame and rarely for its artistic value... And the public feels that way too and rarely regards the dramas or movies seriously (Focusing too much on the celebrity) ... But I'm sure GY's fans are seeing him as the actor and not only the celebrity part of him...

Maybe i'm being conceited or reading it too much... But It feels like he's not happy after Goblin.. After the fame that it brings.. I dont see his genuine smile that i see from the BTS episode when he was working.. His smiles on all the interviews, events etc felt fake to me...

And it's so frustrating that I am unable to transmit this message to him... Bcz I'm a nobody from a place that he wouldnt even know exists... 

Frustrated bcz there's fans who loves his work and him as an actor but not the "oh so charming celebrity”.. But he doesnt get that message from us...

:bawling:

If any of you, happens to write a letter, send a video or anything that you do to try to communicate with him... Please let him know... that we see him as an actor... as the person that brings the work he's in alive.. and not an just a mere idol that has looks and charm and fame....

Welcome back, sister it has been a while since you post here , we miss u :wub:

About gy Interview with Esquire,  after Goblin gy really looked stressed , lonely , sometimes sad. May be acting as lonely goblin affected him , or may be he felt so exhausted mentally & physically after shooting 3 movies & drama in a row without proper rest or may be gy isn't used to high popularity like young idols . That's why we felt gy sadness in this interview. Also gy felt stress after his high popularity cuz some fans interfere in his private life , some spread rumors , even some fans bothered him at his home  in Seoul , start  to take pics  like paparazzi . I mean yes we love him but we should respect him & his privacy too. Anyway now I feel gy more relaxed & happy . May be he needed this vacation "even he still shoots alot of CFs" to regain his power .

Also , I knew gy fans who sent him many messages through soop  management & I'm sure gy read them 

They showed our love & respect to gy . They even mentioned that gy has fans from all over the world not only Asia , they mentioned Middle East , USA , India 

So don't worry there are many fans who can reach gy & telling him about us "his fans" . Also I'm glad that gy is surrounded with good friends who always with him & support him & help him too like Mr.kim " soop boss" , MYq , GHJ, lee Chun hee . Even his staff looks like family 

• Like 3

I get to know about Coffee Prince due to YEH as i had watched her in Princess Hours.  But immediately fell in love with GY.  His acting feels so possible for a real person will feel when he meets someone he loves.  I absolutely love those parts where he is mesmerizing love alone when he is on the phone with YEH or alone thinking of her. :D

• Like 3

@mabelialong So cutee Gong yoo carries baby Yoo ^_^

@tok-soompi in Egypt k-drama isn't popular , so i watched CP accidentally i didn't mean to watch K-drama , and i didn't want to watch . but what grabbed my attention for CP , when i saw YEH , i didn't know she's boy or girl so i decided to watch this episode then in the end i fall in love with GY charms & smile . :wub: 

That's why CP 'll always be my favorite drama , Han Kyul & Eun Chan my favorite couple

• Like 2

Gong Yoo Donated the Full Profit from His Charity Bazaar Event

base_0b3db8501bd0de10f79561412811dce0.jp

Gong Yoo proved his generous and big heart in helping those in need.

The actor held a charity bazaar event as a special event for his fans. The bazaar was supposed to be held only once but a second round happened due to the high demand from fans.

The profit gained from both rounds of the bazaar event came up to be a total of 76,000,000won. The amount from the first round has been fully donated to 4 different St. Mary hospital located in Seoul and Gyeonggi-do respectively. This donation is being done as an outpatient medical cost support in hope to help lighten the treatment cost for more patients.

The second round profit has also been donated to the Korea Childhood Leukemia Foundation to help children with brain tumor who are undergoing their stem cell transplantation treatment. 

An actor with the warmest smile carries the warmest heart as well.

http://kstarlive.com/Gong-Yoo-Donated-the-Full-Profit-from-His-Charity-Bazaar-Event--587646

21106748_10155690641424628_6379127242791

21231562_1598241313554236_53844210986873

Donation Certificate 

• Like 3