Guest queeninmycastle

oh la la :sweatingbullets: ...what a handsome mobster :w00t:

LikeADragon-Rooftop8copy.jpg

I like the BARTENDER...Triple shot of patron on the rocks with little bit a lime ;)

LikeADragon-Makingadrinkcopy.jpg

thank you ailin and unnie aalhl for the screencaps.sending my virtual hugs to you both for the yummy goodies :wub:

Guest ghjs17

hi ghjs17. no news about the outing.. but i did read in YEH's thread a few weeks agom someone translated an article from a magazine or something that the outing is over. No date was mentioned though.

hi aahl! :) Really? :o The outing is over? whaahhh???? how did it go? :o There's no pic accompanied by that mag article? :o:D

Guest MissMellis

Hello YooGals~

I've been gone for two days and I've already missed so much *sigh*

Just want to thank all of you who've uploaded pics of GY! So much hotness that I'm drooling all over my computer :wub:

I've have a serious YooHouse withdrawal!! My work is killing me but I finally have a day off tomorrow wahahah :D Time to watch OFD. On ep. 4 right now ;p I'm liking it so far :lol:

Anyways, I'm too tired to reply but I'll make sure to do so when I have the time.

Ooooh .. almost forgot. GY as a girl ----> ROFLMAO !!!

Guest queeninmycastle

another mag cover for YOO all. :)

magazine4598885.jpg

some adorkable gif facial expressions of BABY YOO :P

adorkable-expressions_07072.gif

Hello YooGals~

I've been gone for two days and I've already missed so much *sigh*Just want to thank all of you who've uploaded pics of GY! So much hotness that I'm drooling all over my computer :wub:I've have a serious YooHouse withdrawal!! My work is killing me but I finally have a day off tomorrow wahahah :D Time to watch OFD. On ep. 4 right now ;p I'm liking it so far :lol: Anyways, I'm too tired to reply but I'll make sure to do so when I have the time.Ooooh .. almost forgot. GY as a girl ----> ROFLMAO !!!

howdy missMellis...YOOhouse is just right here to "DE-STRESS" YOO. hope u enjoy yOOr day off 2morrow watching more of BABY YOO.

Guest Ailin*

Ryu Ga Gotoku aka Like A Dragon just got released on DVD on September 29th so it's too early for any subs (English or Chinese) to be available...though, I would like to think that it's certainly being worked on...

I found a review and brief summary of Ryu Ga Gotoku aka Like A Dragon that should give us a better perspective and understanding of what's going on in the film...as it's pretty confusing without any subs at all. I think this critic's review is pretty right-on.

Like a Dragon

like_a_dragon.jpg

Kazuma (Kazuki Kitamura, left) battles Yakuza thugs while trying

to find Haruka's ("Natsuo", right) missing mother in

Takashi Miike's film adaptation of the Sega Playstation 2 game Ryu Ga Gotoku.

Japanese: Ryû Ga Gotoku: Gekijô-Ban ("Like a Dragon: The Movie")

Year: 2007

Director: Takashi Miike

Writer: Seiji Togawa, Seishu Hase (original story), based on the Playstation 2 video game Ryu Ga Gotoku AKA: Yakuza from Sega

Cast: Kazuki Kitamura, Goro Kishitani, Shun Shioya, Saeko, Gong Yoo, Sho Aikawa, YosiYosi Arakawa, Haruhiko Kato, Claude Maki, Sansei Shiomi, Natsuo Tomita, Tomorowo Taguchi, Yutaka Matshushige, Saki Takaoka

The Skinny: As Miike Takashi films go, this is not his best but is entertaining enough to satisfy most action fans. The convoluted storyline, bizarre cast of characters and comic book violence weaken what could have been an interesting modern Yakuza genre film.

Review by JMaruyama: With his flamboyant sense of film style, over-the-top action sequences, outrageous visual sight gags and genre-bending sensibilities, it is easy to see why Miike Takashi's films are so enjoyed by audiences, particularly those outside of Japan. Like his contemporaries Quentin Tarantino, Edgar Wright, Guillermo del Toro and Robert Rodriguez, Miike has really done a lot to invigorate the Japanese cinema and help make it more accessible by world audiences.

His latest work Ryu Ga Gotoku (Like A Dragon) is a film that is pure Miike and covers many of his signature themes (Yakuza, innocence lost, bloodlust, cartoon violence and death).

While it's generally a bad sign when a film is "based upon a video game", in this instance Sega's Playstation 2 game, Ryu Ga Gotoku (AKA: Yakuza). However the translation here is not all that far off the mark. Of course, it helps when the screenplay was adapted from a story written by acclaimed novelist Hase Seishu (Sleepless Town, City of Lost Souls).

The story revolves around former Yakuza underling Kiryu Kazuma (Kitamura Kazuki), who has recently been released from prison after a lengthy incarceration, and is trying to piece his life together and distance himself from his Yakuza past. Along the way he encounters Haruka ("Natsuo"), a distressed young girl who is trying to find her lost mother (a former club hostess). Unfortunately Kiryu's problems slowly escalate as he is pursued by a former associate, the baseball bat-wielding psycho Majima Goro (Kishitani Goro) who has a grudge to settle with Kiryu.

Kiryu's encounter with Goro's men in a Osaka convenience store inspire a couple of free-spirited teens, Satoru (Shioya Shun) and Yui (Saeko) into robbing area stores and using the money to pay off Yui's debts and to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.

If things weren't confusing enough, a robbery is also taking place nearby where two gunmen are holding an entire bank hostage and have been tormenting the bank employees with their constant bickering.

Other incidental characters include a nebbish gunrunner (Arakawa YosiYosi), a mysterious Korean assassin (Gong Yoo) and Nishikiyama, an Osaka Kingpin who has entered into a sinister alliance with North Korean militants and is holding over 10 Billion Yen in his fortress penthouse.

The amount of male machismo and bare fisted brawling in the film is reminiscent of the Be-Bop High School movies and are every bit as cartoonish in their over-the-top violence. While the violence does not approach the sheer visceral horror of his past films like Koroshiya No Ichi (AKA: Ichi the Killer) or Gozu, there are moments where one just cringes at the body blows.

Kitamura (Controller X in Godzilla: Final Wars) is an incredibly charismatic actor who definitely has the look and brawn to play the "Dragon of Dojima" Kiryu. He is your atypical hero type - silent and brooding with a "takumashi" (manly strength) that seems to be a prerequisite of Yakuza heroes.

Kishitani (Returner, Shin Jingi No Hakaba) steals the show however as the manic Majima, a criminal with a unique flair for destructive mayhem and yet also has a strangely sinister charm about him. Unlike Kiryu, he has no honor and is not opposed to killing his own subordinates if the mood suits him. He is not much unlike Kakihara (Asano Tadanobu) in Miike's comic book Yakuza cult movie Koroshiya No Ichi but is thankfully not as vile a villain. If anything, he reminded me a lot of Tommy Lee Jones' "Harvey Two-Face" character in the disappointing Batman & Robin movie - comical in his outright villainy.

Shioya Shun (Hurricanger Red in the Hurricanger Tokusatsu series) and Saeko (Backdancers!, NANA) are a bit wasted in their roles as Satoru and Yui, and their characters aren't really given much room to develop beyond their Bonnie and Clyde type roles.

As mentioned the various fights border on the unrealistic side, possibly in keeping with the original video game. Both Kiryu and Majima often display varying degrees of almost superhuman endurance, stamina and strength in their battles. During the final fight between Kiryu and "final boss" Nishikiyama, the two start generating "auras" ("heat mode", in the game) when they fight giving off the impression that they aren't quite human. It almost takes on the "cinema of the absurd" when Kiryu goes into "Popeye" mode after drinking a special vitamin elixir that supercharges his abilities to finish of Nishikiyama.

Ryu Ga Gotoku is still an enjoyable Yakuza action film with elements of fantasy and crime drama. While I would have preferred if Miike had just focused on Kiryu's story and thrown out the subplots involving the bank robbery, the Korean Assassin and Satoru and Yui's story, I guess the intention was to create a type of Pulp Fiction type ensemble piece. Unfortunately while it worked well in that movie, it does not work well here at all and just causes a lot of unnecessary confusion. Sometimes simplicity is really better (JMaruyama 2007)

Source: http://www.lovehkfilm.com/panasia/like_a_dragon.htm

yeah Ailin*.. I kept in touch with chigurl via email mostly as she don't dare to access soompi from her workplace.. so the most she does is access her yahoo mail.. :D And she's too tired to go online again after whole day of staring at the computer.. Yes, I'm sure she will be as excited as us when she hear about Ryu being release and that we had spazzed out together.. haha :lol: she must be so jealous now... :P

as for love_jesus, well, she only drops by once in a blue moon.. :) busy with her studies I guess... You remember crybabytt? I'm keeping in touch with her via PM as well, sometimes over at Yuri/YKS thread.. she doesn't come here because she say she's lost. he.he :D but she does ask me to update her sometimes. Anyway, I'll be waiting for you here anytime for anything. You have done so much for us last time, and I appreciate your help. You give me inspiration to continue actually.. :) I've always wondered how you are able to grab so much goodies so quick. .haha.. :D

Thanks for their updates! :) Yeah, I guess we're all busy that we can't really camp out on this thread like old times. I can completely relate to chigurl and love_jesus because I'm guilty of it too. :sweatingbullets: Only YOU have been Gong Yoo's true dedicated fan who has stuck with his thread throughout all this time! :blush: Oh, so you're also in touch with Annie as well? It's been ages since we last got in touch (mostly my fault since I went MIA on everyone :rolleyes: )...but lol, I can't blame her for not coming here b/c this thread seem to move at the speed of light since CP aired. :P Thanks for being here for me...actually, for being here for EVERYONE! I'm sure your efforts are truly appreciated by all Gong Yoo's fans aka YOOGals :D b/c you did so much in support for GY and the rest of YOOGals as well. I'm flattered by your kind words saying that I'm your inspiration to continue on...you're not doing a bad job in digging up GY's goodies yourself...actually you're brilliant! B)

it's probably the line speed.. it's a little bit crazy sometimes.. but CB has been friendly with me all these while.. sometimes it may take a while to start, but when it starts, it's great.. I'll try again later tonight, and if it still doesn't start, I'll get the link from you.. :) Thanks again.

No problem. I hope you made excellent progress with your download for the 2nd part of Ryu Ga Gotoku. I'll be here if you need that torrent file, just in case.

yeah.. we have not been chatting like that for such a long time.. It feels great being like old times.. :) I didn't PM you coz I thought you might still be busy and has things to do still, so didn't want to disturb you... WEll, I was too excited spazzing out just now, I forgot to ask how you are doing.. things are much settling down now? Well, looking forward to hearing from you again soon... Hope you will do the silly dance too when you watch CP.. then you will know what I mean by "silly dance".. haha :lol:

Thanks for your thoughtfulness. Yeah, I'm not visiting Soompi as actively I have been in the past. Friends who use my account do keep me updated on major k-ent events/news though. But it's good to be back here spazzing with you like old times. :P I'm doing well. Things have settled down since last time but I anticipate things will pick up soon in the coming weeks. Oh, so there's a specific meaning of the "special dance" in reference to CP? I'll keep that in mind. ;)

thanks Ailin and Angelie for giving me another bump in the head. eheh. :P:wub::P

pachlex - LOL! I'm not exactly sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...giving you a bump on the head...but I'm glad to be able to share what I have on recent goodies of Gong Yoo with all YOOGals. :)

thank you ailin and unnie aalhl for the screencaps.sending my virtual hugs to you both for the yummy goodies :wub:

queeninmycastle - Awww...thanks! No sweat! **sending virtual hugs back to you** Thanks for your awesome artworks and goodies as well! B)

Guest pachlex

New CF: O HUI !!!!!!

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9257/0936111301949026pmemxebgg5.jpg%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5663/viewimagexo6.jpg%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6641/093150501792908hcgzveordb9.jpg%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8966/093311134135365qqlwclhzfs6.gif%7Boption%7D

credit as labeled and DCGY

waaah! what a good way to start my morning!

YAY! a new CF! :w00t:

thanks iluvyoo2!

oh la la :sweatingbullets: ...what a handsome mobster :w00t:
I'm still sweating all over thinking of our handsom mobster.. haha :lol: Now, I suddenly wish that GY will take up a role of a bad guy in his next project if any.. :P with that scary look he had after the force kiss in CP, I'm very sure he will pull off the role as a bad guy very well.. :D

I like the BARTENDER...Triple shot of patron on the rocks with little bit a lime ;)
yeah.. I love that too.. my favourite scene! :w00t: My next favourite scene is the part he went to the gun dealer and he was showing those young couple how to use the gun.. I was like :blink::wub: He look so cool...

No problem queeny.. we are glad to supply YooGals with goodies.. :D but I think we may have given out too much spoilers.. haha :lol: Anyhow thanks for all the lovely arts and gif again. :D *hug* back to you..

hi aahl! :) Really? :o The outing is over? whaahhh???? how did it go? :o There's no pic accompanied by that mag article? :o:D
that's what I read.. it was a brief translation only.. the person who translation didn't mention about the date and where.. no pics on the mag either. sorry.

I've have a serious YooHouse withdrawal!! My work is killing me but I finally have a day off tomorrow wahahah :D Time to watch OFD. On ep. 4 right now ;p I'm liking it so far :lol:
hi MissMellis. So you found a job. Congrats!! Well, enjoy watching OFD... :)

Gif from OHui pics

0210200704ss1.gif0210200710zj6.jpg

*** Credit as printed and dcGY ***

Guest pachlex

pachlex - LOL! I'm not exactly sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...giving you a bump on the head...but I'm glad to be able to share what I have on recent goodies of Gong Yoo with all YOOGals. smile.gif

oh no no, it's a good thing don't worry... eheh. :P

*waves to angelie, queeny, betchay, lyn, MissMellis and all the other YOOgals*

GOOD GY MORNING! ^_^

Good morning to all YooGals.. Good morning to you too pach! Good morning to you iluvyoo2. Thanks for the goodies... :) And a good morning to you as well xblaaah.

wow!! you are early Ailin.. Thank you for finding the synopsis for Ryu. It helps a bit.. he..he.. I'm hoping someone is taking on subbing the movie.

Thanks for their updates! :) Yeah, I guess we're all busy that we can't really camp out on this thread like old times. I can completely relate to chigurl and love_jesus because I'm guilty of it too. :sweatingbullets: Only YOU have been Gong Yoo's true dedicated fan who has stuck with his thread throughout all this time! :blush:
don't feel guilty Ailin. I'm here most of the time because I'm not working.. So I can camp here most of the time, unless I had to go out or had to do some chores or cooking... I couldn't stay away too long from this thread. :blush:

Oh, so you're also in touch with Annie as well? It's been ages since we last got in touch (mostly my fault since I went MIA on everyone :rolleyes: )...but lol, I can't blame her for not coming here b/c this thread seem to move at the speed of light since CP aired. :P Thanks for being here for me...actually, for being here for EVERYONE! I'm sure your efforts are truly appreciated by all Gong Yoo's fans aka YOOGals :D b/c you did so much in support for GY and the rest of YOOGals as well. I'm flattered by your kind words saying that I'm your inspiration to continue on...you're not doing a bad job in digging up GY's goodies yourself...actually you're brilliant! B)
yes.. Annie and myself wrote to each other consistently... she often come to me for help on her Yuri's article too.. I'm sure she will be happy to hear that you are back in Soompi. :) Often when we talked, we would say we miss those sweet moments we had during OFD era.. and how we had enjoyed our discussion.. and not forgetting how soompi made us lost about 10 pages of interesting OFD discussion..haha :lol: And not forgetting how you had translated those OFD's dialogue for us.. we were like wow!! That time subs wasn't release as fast as it is now..

Well, you are indeed my inspiration. I'm always amazed at how you managed to source for goodies.. Remember I asked you that question before too? hehe.. probably you forgot already.. anyway, after you went MIA me and chigurl didn't really know how to hunt for goodies. The only sites we know that time is GY's cyworld and the chinese site.. Both of us go :wacko: looking at those Korean words... Then after that came Ryu's premiere and press meet.. we had to go even more wacko trying to hunt into Japanese sites! Both of us are really having headache that time.. haha.. Fortunately, as time goes by we got used to it and we actually found lots of goodies from Japanese fans blog! Many clips that we have not seen before we were able to find it.. Then come his fans meet last April.. this time we got excited because we roughly knows where to go for goodies already.. haha :D about the same time news on GY accepting CP as his next project, both of us almost fainted! For 2 continuous days we spazz out like crazy and not many regulars were around during that except Yoobee, Tika and angela from gongyoo.com.

No problem. I hope you made excellent progress with your download for the 2nd part of Ryu Ga Gotoku. I'll be here if you need that torrent file, just in case.
yay! no problem with the 2nd part download.. Finally done in 3 hours early this morning.. :D Thanks for offering your help Ailin. :)

Thanks for your thoughtfulness. Yeah, I'm not visiting Soompi as actively I have been in the past. Friends who use my account do keep me updated on major k-ent events/news though. But it's good to be back here spazzing with you like old times. :P I'm doing well. Things have settled down since last time but I anticipate things will pick up soon in the coming weeks. Oh, so there's a specific meaning of the "special dance" in reference to CP? I'll keep that in mind. ;)
I'm glad to hear that everything is now well for you.. Hope that you will still be around eventhough you might be busy soon... It's good to have you back here too.. :) I just wish the rest are here too.

ha.ha.. I don't think that dance is special, but it's cute and silly.. :lol: you can watch the silly dance at GY's recent fans meet too.. :D Well, in case you want, you can always go to my YouTube and find the clips there.. I even have chopped scenes from CP if you want some "preview" he..hee.. just click on the goodies link in my siggy.. ;)

*wave* angela.. I see you.. miss you too.. ;) I see you too Tika.. *wave* :D

Here's Gong Yoo's 2007 filmography from DC Inside. I downloaded it a while ago but didn't put up.. recently a friend of mine gave me the one with eng sub.. so here goes!

dcGY 2007 Gong Yoo's Filmography (HQ with English sub)

Download: http://sharebee.com/f6d7b12a

*** Credit: dcGY and jigsaw@popcornfor2 aka sixthroom for the download link ***

f_dcGYfilmothm_3952509.jpg

And another Screen eppi download.

Eppi 4 001- http://fileberry.com/2039142397

Eppi 4 002 - http://fileberry.com/1245029041

Eppi 4 003 - http://fileberry.com/3627354578

School 4 finale will be posted a bit late as sharebee is acting up on me.

0210200712si0.jpg0210200713ra5.jpg0210200714og8.jpg

0210200715av5.jpg

0210200703no1.jpg

Guest tangtang
hello orangechocolate and tangtang....welcome to the YooHouseWe haven't heard the exact date yet but it will be before the end of this year.
thanks for the 'welcome', jinkzzmecbut hope we could know the exact day, so i can avoid GY sites, dang, not prepared yet for his 2 years absence. lolz!
errrr.. maybe I shoudlve imageshacked the pictures.. the link doesn't work anymore...I just checked the status.. it says it's out of foreign customs in Korea... anyone else getting nervous or anxious..?I went to the website.. I want to vote, but the forum is so confusing.. It's easier to speak tagalog than to read it.. >_<welcome tangtang and orangechocolate!!
Hi xblaah lol. im still not used in posting here in soompi. tagalog is way easier than reading those articles.. lol!

Guest orangechocolate

Tuesday morning YooGals..... Have a nice day ~~

Could anybody pls. explain abt. His Mini Homepage at Cyworld ? I dont know how to use it . :huh: Thank you so much.

and anybody know when will he go to join military ?? in this month ?? T_T

Guest tangtang

a very warm welcome to orangechocolate and tangtang.. Hope both of you are enjoying your stay here... Well, tangtang, I think you will need at least a week or 2 to catch up with the 400 pages... he.he. :D

And jinkzzmec is right, there is no news of when Gong Yoo is gonna enlist yet.. We will all miss him too.. :tears:

thanks aalhl, ive been enjoying your screencaps at the backpages. its been over 2 weeks, and im still at 300+ pages, i always got stuck when i see a super cute GY smile, then i dont want to go to the next page.

Guest tangtang

HI TO ALL YOOGALS :)

THIS one hot gif is for YOO all...

DON'T YOO WISH YOOr BOYFRIEND was HOOOOOOOT LIKE ME...

%7Boption%7D

gong-yoo2.gif%7Boption%7D

wooot! extremely hot!

waves back to juhjuh!

Guest queeninmycastle

wow O HUI :rolleyes: goosh!!! does BABY YOO ever get ugly? :lol::lol::lol:

oMO...OMO...oMO...so uberlicious. :D

love it...love it...love it...iluvyoo2 how will we ever thank YOO for sharing this.sending my "virtual kiss" to yoo.

why do i find BABY YOO adorable being serious and dorky... :P

yoosogorgeous2.jpg

yoosogorgeous1.jpg

*wave* to sunbae's aalhl, ailin,Yoobee and tika,to pach,xblaah,jinkzz, juhjuh, mendyoo and all YOOGALs

dang he looks so hot in his new movie....but he looks kinda sad..... :( can't wait to watch it....and thanks for all the pics....love it!

hi and welcome back tangtang and orangechocolate.. Is it coincidence or what that both of you came in the same time again? :D:P

thanks aalhl, ive been enjoying your screencaps at the backpages. its been over 2 weeks, and im still at 300+ pages, i always got stuck when i see a super cute GY smile, then i dont want to go to the next page.
Are you reading from the front or from the back? :) I'm glad you enjoy the caps I posted.. I'm supposed to continue posting more caps, but not enough time to do so.. maybe I'll continue when things are more settle down.. :P

wow O HUI :rolleyes: goosh!!! does BABY YOO ever get ugly? :lol::lol::lol: oMO...OMO...oMO...so uberlicious. :D
*waves* back at queeny... nada.. baby Yoo never get ugly.. except the girly one of course.. hahah :lol: he's always a super-gorgeous hunk. :w00t::wub:

a little bit more TAE-IN for everybody:
thanks for another Tae In collection pach. :D

Looks like new magazine... looking forward to someone scanning the mag.. :rolleyes:

dscn2093ggongjn7.th.jpg dscn2094ggonger1.th.jpg dscn2095ggongzh0.th.jpg dscn2096ggongli9.th.jpg dscn2097ggongzn8.th.jpg dscn2098ggongko7.th.jpg

Fan art

0210200704op4.th.jpg