@2handsintertwined i 'll Say ine thing only  GY is human being before he's actor . he should do what he likes in the time he likes and should make money too , what's wrong for that thing we should be happy for him not mad at him . it's his vacation time but working too " Shooting CFs or magazines" . GY is honest when said it's not about money , not about popularity cuz if he's really running After money & popularity he would shave new 8 or 10 CFs at least  like other actors did after their popular dramas but he chose only 3 Cfs " coway in Korea " , " Asus for pacific Asia Area" and ambassador for global brand " Louis Vuitton" . Even his choices for CFs So intelligent he chooses CF for Korea , other Asian countries , and now internationally too . You know how much money GY refused cuz he already declined more than 200 Cfs offers . what's wrong if he takes his time to choose new project ? if we are really love him , we'll wait for this project sooner or later . we already saw him 4 times in 2016 and beginning of 2017 . He isn't machine working without stop. he needs time to regain his energy . it wasn't easy for him to go from character to other character  . from filming set to other filming set with different people . i said it before all GY characters in 2016 was sad or lonely . Do U know this can affect him as person ? during filming he can't see his friends or his family . so yes it's his time to live as normal person . we can't control him because we love him 

There're many actors & actresses i love aren't active now like Yoon eun hye , she didn't have drama or movie since 2013 . even her fans don't know when she 'll come back to screen she rarely appears in any public event too . Also Gong hyo jin after filming drama & 2 movies she has looooooong vacation now and said that & her fans respect it . Now GHJ doesn't attend many events like her past years . 

Han Ji min refused 3 dramas , of course her fans so sad cuz they want to see her in drama but respect her choice @tok-soompi can describe these feelings better than me 

there're many big names didn't choose projects after their popular dramas 

GY is honest with us and already told us he doesn't like using SNS , again he's not the only actor who doesn't use SNS . He also said he needs to take a break . That's why we shouldn't be surprised if he didn't choose project till now also Goblin ended this year In Jan . THEN why you're talking if he didn't act for 3 or 4 years .

• Like 4

@2handsintertwined you just need to trust him more . You know why i trust him cuz When i know GY , he was only Guy from popular drama " coffee prince" but GY improved him himself & challenged himself too worked hardly in the last 2 years to reach this level as " Top korean actor , one of most Korean actors in demand , popular actor in Korea & outside Korea . he's also taking steps outside Korea " Internationally"  . he challenged himself to change his image as romantic & comedy actor , he is acting melo , action , real stories . i was glad when i listened & read reviews about age of shadows and many international fans & Critics praised him and said he's well known korean actor and never disappoint his fans even though focus& depth  on this movie was on SKH character . 

I'm sure he won't disappoint us even if he takes long time to comeback

Who can be sad from this lovely & charming man 

tumblr_static_d6d5rh1zi08okkk084ks0oggw_

tumblr_ma2184CQ4S1r0xsdgo1_500.gif

wink.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Noor90 said:

@2handsintertwined i 'll Say ine thing only  GY is human being before he's actor . he should do what he likes in the time he likes and should make money too , what's wrong for that thing we should be happy for him not mad at him . it's his vacation time but working too " Shooting CFs or magazines" . GY is honest when said it's not about money , not about popularity cuz if he's really running After money & popularity he would shave new 8 or 10 CFs at least  like other actors did after their popular dramas but he chose only 3 Cfs " coway in Korea " , " Asus for pacific Asia Area" and ambassador for global brand " Louis Vuitton" . Even his choices for CFs So intelligent he chooses CF for Korea , other Asian countries , and now internationally too . You know how much money GY refused cuz he already declined more than 200 Cfs offers . what's wrong if he takes his time to choose new project ? if we are really love him , we'll wait for this project sooner or later . we already saw him 4 times in 2016 and beginning of 2017 . He isn't machine working without stop. he needs time to regain his energy . it wasn't easy for him to go from character to other character  . from filming set to other filming set with different people . i said it before all GY characters in 2016 was sad or lonely . Do U know this can affect him as person ? during filming he can't see his friends or his family . so yes it's his time to live as normal person . we can't control him because we love him 

There're many actors & actresses i love aren't active now like Yoon eun hye , she didn't have drama or movie since 2013 . even her fans don't know when she 'll come back to screen she rarely appears in any public event too . Also Gong hyo jin after filming drama & 2 movies she has looooooong vacation now and said that & her fans respect it . Now GHJ doesn't attend many events like her past years . 

Han Ji min refused 3 dramas , of course her fans so sad cuz they want to see her in drama but respect her choice @tok-soompi can describe these feelings better than me 

there're many big names didn't choose projects after their popular dramas 

GY is honest with us and already told us he doesn't like using SNS , again he's not the only actor who doesn't use SNS . He also said he needs to take a break . That's why we shouldn't be surprised if he didn't choose project till now also Goblin ended this year In Jan . THEN why you're talking if he didn't act for 3 or 4 years .

I understand you. I don't want to waste your time, so I won't share my full opinion on what you said. And I'm too opinionated. Everyone has an opinion right? I respect your opinions. I just want you to know I think you misunderstood me. I am not saying that GY didn't work hard. I am saying that I simply want more from him. But like you said, he's not a machine working nonstop. I think sometimes I forget that he's not a machine working nonstop. I'm guilty of that. Like you said, GY is human, and I'm guilty of forgetting that too. You're right, if he was after money, he would have accepted 8 or 10 new CFs. So what you're saying is that he's obviously not after money. I understand. I didn't know he rejected 200 CFs. Well, I'm glad. That just proves your point: GY's not after money, right? You asked, "What's wrong if he takes his time to choose his own project?" Well, I won't tell you what I think is wrong with that.

You and I would be all day, talking back and forth, right? I disagree with what GY does, and you agree with what he does. Anyway, I'm just going to skip a couple of things you said because I don't want to drag this out with you. I don't waste your time with all my opinions. I do agree with you. When you said all GY's roles in 2016 were either sad or lonely, I went and did some research. For example, in A Man and A Woman, Ki-Hong and Sang- Min do not end up together. The ending shows Ki-Hong driving away as he cries, leaving her behind. I had to think about Train to Busan. I guess it's sad because he couldn't be with his daughter? I don't know. How was Age of Shadows sad or lonely? I didn't get this one. Maybe it was sad because his wife died at the end? Goblin. Well, we all know that it's about a lonely goblin. So yes, you are right. All GY's roles in 2016 were sad and lonely. 

I really empathize with him because I don't think anyone likes to be lonely or sad. No, I didn't think about how these roles could affect him as a person. I'm sorry. Do you think that's why he's depressed? I don't know. Yeah, he couldn't see his friends or family during filming. I can't imagine what that's like, can you? 

You gave three good examples. You mentioned that you are a fan of Yoo Eun Hye. You said she hasn't done anything in a while. I can't imagine how you and her other fans feel. You said GHJ hasn't done anything in a while and she rarely attends public events. You said that Ha Ji Min has rejected 3 drama offers. So what you're trying to say is that GY is just like these three ladies, right? GY and these ladies are all taking their time, and we should respect their choices, is that right? I don't feel so bad anymore. Thank you for telling me about these three ladies, who starred alongside GY.  

I'm sorry I acted like he hasn't done anything in 3 or 4 years. I think I'm ignorant. I think there's a lot I don't understand about him. Some of you can read him like a book, well I'm stupid and I can't read him at all.

You mentioned he doesn't use SNS. I think this really bothers me, but like you said we can't control him. Sometimes I want to tell him, "Get up and do something." But like I said, you are right. I don't think we can control him either. I think sometimes we think we have the right to control him, don't you think so?

I think sometimes we don't treat him like a human. I think sometimes we treat him as an object. That's just my thinking.

You said GY said he needs a break. How long? Nevermind, don't answer that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noor90 said:

you just need to trust him more . You know why i trust him cuz When i know GY , he was only Guy from popular drama " coffee prince" but GY improved him himself & challenged himself too worked hardly in the last 2 years to reach this level as " Top korean actor , one of most Korean actors in demand , popular actor in Korea & outside Korea . he's also taking steps outside Korea " Internationally"  . he challenged himself to change his image as romantic & comedy actor , he is acting melo , action , real stories . i was glad when i listened & read reviews about age of shadows and many international fans & Critics praised him and said he's well known korean actor and never disappoint his fans even though focus& depth  on this movie was on SKH character . 

I'm sure he won't disappoint us even if he takes long time to comeback

Who can be sad from this lovely & charming man 

I'll keep this short too. Again, I don't want to waste your time :). I know you trust GY. I think you wouldn't be out here defending him if you didn't :). You want me to trust him too? I will try, but I don't know if I can. I think we'll see. I think sometimes he isn't telling the truth, but that's another conversation the two of us can have. Just let me know when you want to discuss it :). I didn't know that GY was called "that guy from the popular drama Coffee Prince" Wow. I bet he hated that, right? I'm glad he improved and I'm glad he challenged himself by working hard for these last 2 years. I'm glad he is now a top Korean actor, but how long will that last? If he doesn't hurry and get more projects, he won't be at the top anymore.

For example, you posted the brand reputations for films. GY was 3rd.  I think he was 3rd because he isn't doing more movies. I think other actors will pass him on the list. I think that would hurt my feelings and I think that would hurt a lot of other people's feelings. I think GY used to be at the top of that list, right? I'm glad he's in demand and I'm glad he's popular in Korea and outside of Korea. If that's what he wants, then I think that's fine. I disagree, but we won't get into that, right? :). You're right, he's taking steps outside of Korea "internationally." I'm happy for him, but I think he ignores a lot of his international fans. For example, the only international fanmeets he had were in Hong Kong and Taiwan, right? Anyway, moving on. 

I'm glad he challenged himself to change his image from romantic and comedy actor. You're right he's acting melo, action, and real stories. If that's what he wants to do, then I think that's good for him. Many international fans and critics praised him for Age of Shadows? Wow! I didn't know that. Again, I think that's good for him. 

You're sure he won't disappoint us even if he takes a long time to comeback? Ok. Wow. I think you have so much faith in him. I wish he knew about you. I think he'd be so happy :D. Hahaha. Who can be sad from this lovely and charming man?

Well, I won't share my opinion on that because I bet a lot of us get sad about him.

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Noor90 said:

@2handsintertwined of course , i'll defend him. and i'll always do . he's the first and last goblin :tongue:

Did you just stick your tongue out at me?! Anyway, you always defend him? You'll defend him even when he's wrong? Even when he's lying?

Wow! You'd really do that? For him? Well, I was going to share my opinion on this, 

tumblr_n7n5flic8H1r33r0fo1_500.gif

credit: aries324

As GY takes his time to choose his next project, I'll just sit back, and sip my tea :D

(This is a joke) 

@jaysmurf No, GY won't be in Malaysia in Aug 17 , he'll be in Taiwan to attend Press Con but Since he's Asus Model In TW , HK , Philippines , Malaysia , Indonesia . Fans from these countries can attend Press Con In Taiwan , Anyway, this Press Con 'll be liveeeeeeee

@2handsintertwined it doesn't matter if we agree or disagree with GY choices , everyone has his own thought & taste but in the end  we should respect his choice cuz it's his life and he's veteran and can manage his career well.

50 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I really empathize with him because I don't think anyone likes to be lonely or sad. No, I didn't think about how these roles could affect him as a person. I'm sorry. Do you think that's why he's depressed? I don't know. Yeah, he couldn't see his friends or family during filming. I can't imagine what that's like, can you? 

of course acting as sad & lonely person can affect him cuz when he shoot this film , he lives these 3 or 4 months as his character not as GY . That's why GY said in Baeksang he doesn't know who he's now . He's Ki hong or Seok woo or kim woo jin or Kim shin . He must be puzzled inside himself . Shooting drama in Korea is so difficult , they barely sleep , they're shooting continuously without stop 

50 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

So what you're trying to say is that GY is just like these three ladies, right? GY and these ladies are all taking their time, and we should respect their choices, is that right? I don't feel so bad anymore. Thank you for telling me about these three ladies, who starred alongside GY.  

Yes, GY like these 3 great ladies and like other actors like Jo in sung and others .

He said he needs to take break but he won't take long time to choose new project 

37 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

For example, you posted the brand reputations for films. GY was 3rd.

Movie brand reputation depends on actors have movies now in Korea so 1st & 2nd have positions , it's so so good GY is 3rd even he doesn't any movie to promote now , it means GY name still strong even he doesn't have movie . it doesn't mean he lost his 1st position , really i expected GY would be 7th or 8th not 3rd. 

37 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

For example, the only international fanmeets he had were in Hong Kong and Taiwan, right? Anyway, moving on.

GY chose those 2 countries because there're many old fans there since CP and always requested to see GY & to visit their country . i'm not sure  GY 'll have another FMs or not but i've feelings he'll have another 1 or 2 Fan meeting . Also he's Asus Zenfone model in Pacific Asia  " Taiwan , HongKong , Philippines , Malaysia , Indonesia " so they'll see him in this CF in their countries and might be he'll visit these countries to promote it . He'll attend Global Press Con In Taiwan & it'll be live so we can watch it 

Finally, i'll say my own opinion . you can disagree with me but that's my thoughts 

i'm glad from the way Soop management & GY Manage his image & his popularity . He doesn't look for instant popularity that can disappear quickly  but GY chose to build himself as an actor and build his name as trusted actor & make fans wait his next projects either in drama or movies .and Also his projects have great effect in Korea

58 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

You'll defend him even when he's wrong? Even when he's lying?

i won't defend him if he's lying , GY is one of few actors who share his true feelings with us in his interviews .And  i can't remember GY lied about anything . 

• Like 1

@2handsintertwined Of course there's not problem to miss . i miss him too . i want to see him too quickly but we can't control him . That's what i want to say . you are saying he's lying then tell me how and when he lied , give me your evidence . you're blaming him as he's committing a crime we just look at him as GY actor , why we always forget he has life as normal person not as an actor . 

Please read PM 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jaysmurf said:

@kentangbakar

Daebak... is this true ? GY 17 Aug in Malaysia ? Or did i get it wrong ?

yah it is...heol...where is @nuryl_gong???????

neway..thank you for choosing Asus. LOL. Im Asus laptop user, , as long as ASUS. LOL. My home got water filter already and still new, so not a chance to change to Coway brand. Haih.

• Like 3

20525901_853515741468726_177272788944396

Our Chef Gong yoo :wub:

New update from Asus Zenfone 4 

https://www.asus.com/zentalk/tw/thread-266840-1-1.html

Kong Yoo charm paralyzed ASUS website 8/16 to Taiwan to live in the old place

640_dadf3dab1dd3aec5738cb74318a32b7f.jpg

South Korean actor Kong Yoo took the debut to the first overseas endorsement, the middle of this month will be "ASUS" new machine "ZenFone 4" series of smart phone endorsement, Aug 17 to attend the product listing. ASUS open fans to obtain tickets, at 12:00 from the cumulative maximum of 25,000 people on the line at the same time, 25 minutes accumulated 420,000 people into the site, but only 200 tickets , resulting in a large site crash. And "Apple" to master the exclusive news, Kong Yoo is expected to arrive at noon on the 16th Taoyuan Airport, stay in April to visit Taiwan had to stay in Mandarin Oriental Hotel, after the end of the day after the evening flight to return to Korea, flash to Taiwan 2 days and 1 night.

ASUS products listed on the website will be published on the line, the ticket before the start of 11:58 pm or so on the site to plug, the site crash nearly 1 hour, about 1 am back to normal. ASUS PR said that in the future there will be other opportunities for admission tickets, fans may pay attention to the activities of information at any time. 

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/entertainment/20170803/1174598/

I know GY so popular in Taiwan but never expected his fans can crash Asus site :o

• Like 4

Rock baggy pants like Gong Yoo

st_20170803_jaw03gong_8_3319240.jpg?itok

South Korean actor Gong Yoo favours baggy pants that spill over his shoes

How can I look fashionable in baggy pants, instead of like an uncle?

Men, it is time to let go of the skin-tight jeans of your youth and embrace wide-legged pants.

The roomy cut is a dressier alternative to jeans, but a more relaxed version of suit pants. Dress it up with a tailored shirt or dress it down with a plain fitted T-shirt.

This style is frequently seen on South Korean actor Gong Yoo, star of the 2016 hit movie Train To Busan, who favours baggy pants that spill over his white sneakers. Such pants are best suited for men who are tall and lean (he is 1.84m tall).

@jaysmurf I REMEMBER you're fan of this style right ? Well , it seems it'll be trend now :D

• Like 4

http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2017/the-25-best-south-korean-movies-of-the-2010s-so-far/

The 25 Best South Korean Movies of The 2010s (So Far)

22. The Age of Shadows (Kim Jee-woon, 2016)

20. Train To Busan (Yeon Sang-ho, 2016)

18. The King of Pigs (Yeon Sang-ho, 2011)

17. Seoul Station (Yeon Sang-ho, 2015)

3. The Handmaiden (2016, Park Chan-wook)

2. The Wailing (Na Hong-jin, 2016)

2 out of 25 movies in the list are movies that was starred by GY. I think I become Dir. YSH fans already, out of 25 movies, only his animation make into the list. Seoul Station is prologue to Train to Busan btw, and hence ShimEunKyung in the beginning of the movie. She is the voice actress for Seoul Station lead.

Fun fact, all 3 movies attended cannes 2016 make into top 25 (The wailing, The handmaiden and Train to Busan). 

I notice that kmovie industry this year quiet slow compare to last year. Lets see how SongKangho new movie, Taxi Driver will fare this upcoming week. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Noor90 said:

@2handsintertwined Of course there's not problem to miss . i miss him too . i want to see him too quickly but we can't control him . That's what i want to say . you are saying he's lying then tell me how and when he lied , give me your evidence . you're blaming him as he's committing a crime we just look at him as GY actor , why we always forget he has life as normal person not as an actor .

Please read PM 

Ok. I respect your opinion and I'm sorry. You miss him too? Thank you. That makes me feel like I'm not the only one who is missing him. You want to see him quickly too? I'm so happy you said that. You're right we can't control him.  About him lying. I don't think I'm very good at gathering evidence on him, but I'll try. I am sorry I blamed him as if he's committing a crime. I think the only crime he committed is making a lot of us fall in love with him, right? :). You're right. I'm only looking at him as an actor.  I think I forget he has a life as a normal person. I think we shouldn't discuss this anymore, don't you? I think this is the last time I  will  complain about GY's absence from acting. I think I wasted your time and a lot of people's time.

I hope you and I can just agree to disagree on GY. So I think we should move on. I don't want to give you a headache :).I hope you and I are okay :). I think I am a fan just like you. I think a lot of us show our love to him in different ways.  Anyway, let's just move on together. I'm sorry I keep wasting your time. 

I want to add, if his next project is a flop, I don't think any of us will care. I think a lot of us just want him to be happy doing what he loves: Acting :).

• Like 2