[MANGA/ANIME] Initial D

Guest Glenn

Initial D topics174929-initial_d_wallpaper_1024_x_768.jp
Plot:
 The story focuses on the world of illegal Japanese street racing, where all the action is concentrated in the mountain passes and rarely in cities or urban areas, and with the drift racing style emphasized in particular. 

Volumes: 47 (Ongoing) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=113

Published by: Tokyopop (up to vol 33)

Anime Episodes: 1st Season: 26 + 2nd Season: 13 + 3rd Season: 24 + 4th Season: 14 + OVAs and films

*This series has also games released

Hey everybody I didn't see a thread with Initial D so I decided to start one, post back aything about Initial D.
They are up to episodes 17 & 18 Fourth Stage now, and episodes 19 & 20 will be aired n the 15th of October.
Fourth stage has much better cgi sequences and graphics and the animation drawings are better too, the cars look very good also.
initial-d-328545.jpg

1_20080223_230748.jpg

initial-d-wallpapers-1000001-0-s-307x512

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest firelogic

You don't know how addicted to this show I used to be. I watched the first, second, third, and battle stages in about 7 days.

Guest thelivinlegend21

4th Stage is not as great as the original 1st Stage. Although the graphics are much more improved, along with the animation, it leaves very little room for character development. Races are quite predictable, as we already know who's going to win or not. The only 2 episodes so far that've caught on to me were, the one against Tomo (the professional racer), and the race between the 86 and Cappuccino-K.

Has anyone watch the live action movie yet? Any good?

I have. If your a fan of the anime. You probably wont like it cuz the movies storyline is a lil different from the anime. And it kept showing Bunta getting drunk :lol: I thought it was alright.

Yeah I like the episodes when Takumi challenged the Todou Jukdou School guys especially the Pro racer with the yellow EK9 civic. True though about the predictable races and no room for character growth, I'm wondering what will happen to Iketani ever since he missed his chance with that Mako girl in the 1st stage, also whats gonna happen to Itsuki hah funny guy.

Do any of you guys like the Initial D soundtracks and music, I like em especially the Intro and End Credits songs from MOVE.

Glenn

Has anyone watch the live action movie yet? Any good?

I didnt really like it. I gues i woulda liked it more if i had subtitles to go along with it. But really the story line didnt match up that well and some of the accidents that happen are bs

Guest akira53

Besides watching the anime. Anyone play the game? Well I use to but now I dont.

i used to play about a year ago..but i quit since it costs $2.50 to play at the arcade T_T

Archived